Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:46 pm 

From Meyhnach's official Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/meyhnach/posts ... NmGUuXuKDl

Quote:
From Hell,
It all began over 30 years ago... The elder ones remember, and some of you have been following my work since my early days with Mutiilation. I'm addressing you in particular, you who have supported me throughout my work, but also through my other musical projects, which are merely satellites of a much darker entity. This entity, buried but not dead, whose return you hoped for but no longer expected, has just given birth to its seventh son. I am honored to announce the return of the black metal cult. It is alive, keep an eye opened.
Meyhnach Von Mutiil

So a 7th Mutiilation album will indeed happen. This is huge.

democracyiscringe
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:25 pm 

Is it too optimistic to hope this one has real drums?

Forever Underground
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:10 pm 

I don't want to sound like the typical gatekeeper kvlter than thou, but nothing Mütiilation has done post 1996 is very worthwhile, maybe Majestas Leprosus but it's still far from their early stuff. It's good that Meyhna'ch still has the will and ideas for the project but this news doesn't give me any kind of excitement even though I consider myself a fan of this band.

DungeonShade
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:34 pm 

Very intriguing! Looking forward to this.

lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:03 am 

Forever Underground wrote:
I don't want to sound like the typical gatekeeper kvlter than thou, but nothing Mütiilation has done post 1996 is very worthwhile, maybe Majestas Leprosus but it's still far from their early stuff. It's good that Meyhna'ch still has the will and ideas for the project but this news doesn't give me any kind of excitement even though I consider myself a fan of this band.

Sorrow Galaxies was cool.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:52 pm 

Here it is, Black Metal Cult:

https://www.osmoseproductions.com/item/2/94903-110402-1231-1-0/127664840/mutiilation-black-metal-cult.-white-vinyl.html

Metal_On_The_Ascendant
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:55 pm 

One of the most overrated kvlt bands EVER - I thought they sucked :oh shit:

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:12 pm 

Metal_On_The_Ascendant wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of the band either but thought this was pretty huge news and was surprised no one was talking about it here yet. Vampires has some decent riffs and Sorrow Galaxies was overall good.

Black Metal Cult.... if you're going to use the most stereotypical name for a black metal album ever to exist, it better be good. Damn that's corny.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:26 pm 

Well thanks for your opinion. I’m sure someone somewhere appreciates it.

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:57 pm 

Well this is interesting. Not a fan of that Black Metal Cult name, but if Meyhnach still has it, then I wouldn’t mind it.

KaiKasparek
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:23 pm 

Yeah, the older I get, the less their stuff sounds good to me. Vampires of Black Imperial Blood is frankly unlistenable. And Remains of Of A Cursed Dead Soul is barely listenable.

Period

The greatest post in M-A history:

~Guest 21181 wrote:
The Legions of the Teabagged:
vacantmind - DURR GOATSE IS FOONY (If you meet this guy, please pour hot lead down his anus).

democracyiscringe
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:06 pm 

Unlistenable? "Vampires.." is a case study in GOOD raw black metal sound. It's so rotten and ghostly. (Yet you can make out every riff.)
Post-"reunion" material is hit and miss, of course, so my hopes aren't too high for this.

Forever Underground
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:18 pm 

Yeah Vampires of Black Imperial Blood is a landmark in the raw black metal realm. The atmosphere is incredibly deep and sinister, the production is noisy but you can recognize every aspect of each main instrument, the melodies are beautiful and the compositions extremely haunting.
Remains Of A Cursed Dead Soul is less accessible, much more despair and grim and even without being as complete as "Vampires" it's incredibly satisfying just because of the artistic performance it possesses. Absolutely soul crushing.

mike_87
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:13 pm 

I fucking love the band and was so excited hearing that they are to reunite and release a new album, hes never done a bad album in my opinion, just hope he didnt rush this new one given its surprise announcement. Easily one of France’s best bands, i remember really enjoying Black milennium, Rattenkonig, and Sorrow Galaxies. I did struggle to get into the albums released under his own name though, anyone else feel the same? They were also supposedly black metal albums but they were really nothing like or anywhere near as good as mutiilation, i liked his contributions to Hell Militia however. I don’t think I’ve checked out Suicide Circle yet.

greywanderer7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:01 pm 

I hope The Fall of Islam takes a stance against that retrograde POS religion but not from a racist/anti-immigrant perspective, but it would be too much to ask from an aging, French BM band.

democracyiscringe
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am 

If it helps you stop stressing out over it at all, glibly calling a massive religion like Islam as a whole "retrograde," "shit," "not liberal enough," etc. is pure western cultural imperialism no matter how you slice it, and no matter how hard you try to dress it up as just secularism or "non-racist criticism of organized religion." At the end of the day you're using the cosmopolitan western values you chanced into being born into as a measuring stick for all other value systems, which is inherently culturally chauvinistic and tacitly "anti-immigrant" whether you consider yourself anti-immigrant or not. So yeah. With that said I don't go to black metal for social consciousness and I don't really care which angle this album takes.

Metal_On_The_Ascendant
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:24 am 

democracyiscringe wrote:
If it helps you stop stressing out over it at all, glibly calling a massive religion like Islam as a whole "retrograde," "shit," "not liberal enough," etc. is pure western cultural imperialism no matter how you slice it, and no matter how hard you try to dress it up as just secularism or "non-racist criticism of organized religion." At the end of the day you're using the cosmopolitan western values you chanced into being born into as a measuring stick for all other value systems, which is inherently culturally chauvinistic and tacitly "anti-immigrant" whether you consider yourself anti-immigrant or not. So yeah. With that said I don't go to black metal for social consciousness and I don't really care which angle this album takes.

This. All of this.

Any critique of Islam from a black metal artist out of France of all places cannot (and should not) be expected to be nuanced and free from the inherent bias that sort of cultural criticism comes loaded with.

jose_G
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:00 pm 

great news!!

mike_87
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:30 pm 

jose_G wrote:
great news!!

New album drops this friday too! Anyone heard it yet? Just torrenting it now myself

mike_87
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:06 pm 

Just heard the new album myself, i think its brilliant, still the same Mutiilation we all knew and loved, relentless brutality and excellent riffs, standout tracks for me were Hominicide, Into the cursed Necropolis, and the mirror of Disillusion although generally no bad songs, the guy is a genius.

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:33 am 

Giving the album a listen. Did not expect the album to hit as hard as it did. Glad to see this one wasn't a flop.

Reply to topic