Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Necturion
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:31 am 

Graz, Austria

Diego_DAR
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:21 am 

Something else besides Dark Vission and MixUp in Monterrey, Mexico.

BlackheartSauron
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:33 am 

Anything in Boston, Massachusetts, worth checking out for CDs?
P.S. Found Armageddon store, In Your Ear and Cheapo records using Google Maps.
I guess at least the first one should be good.

screams972
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:07 pm 

Anything near Olympia, WA?

Underworld666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:54 pm 

Homers Music in Downtown Omaha has a very good and growing metal section. They recently have been ordering bandsfrom Unique Leader solots of good stuff.

Bruce

grimwinter13
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:40 pm 

Another update for Cleveland, Ohio

Black Market is moving to Lakewood - they re-open August 13th (2019). 11798 Detroit Ave. Lakewood. Hopefully, their selection will be larger than it was when they were in Gordon Square. I don't know their new hours yet.

This is a bit of a stretch, but Record Revolution on Coventry Rd. (Cleveland Hts) has some metal vinyl from time to time. If you don't live in the immediate area though, I wouldn't suggest bothering to make the trip since their selection of metal beyond the standards (Metallica, Iron Maiden, etc.) tends to come and go sparsely. Cool shop though. Great selection of classic rock and items for...'green activities'.

I find that your best bet in Cleveland is to wait for shows. What we lack in shops, we make up for plenty in venues and we get a very fortunate rate of fantastic tours coming through, so unless you're desperate to have something now, it's more than worth it to save your paychecks and wait until bands come around and hit up the merch tables.

Zakk: It's not makeup, it's fucking corpse paint! For going into battle.

Medina: Well you look adorable. It really brings out your eyes.

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:40 am 

Will be in Vienna and Budapest the first week of April. Any metal bars or activities I should know about? Only thing I can find is a Krisiun and I think Septic Flesh concert...not too big a fan of either band

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:26 pm 

Evergrey play budapest on the 11th, and Six Feet Under on the 15th, if your dates are a bit more flexible. plenty of local bands play everyday... you can use http://est.hu/zene/programajanlo/ to see all gigs up to a week ahead (thus, not yet for your dates)...

Liquid Rock is a standard rock/metal bar, pretty central, a bit overpriced by local standards, but should be okay for you.

also look up Durer Kert, Robot (Instant/Fogas), A38, paranoir.

as for record shops, there's too many. depends on whether you're after Pokolgep's debut on vinyl, the hungarian CD version of the last Metallica album, or anything in between :D

feel free to message me, if you want. calendar says I'll probably be in the uk at the time but you never know, or I can hook you up with nice people.

entirely irrelevent side note, take 5 mins to google local scams, they're too many unf :/

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:04 am 

Thanks man. I know about Evergrey - I'm so pissed I'll miss it. I'll be leaving Vienna the 6th. Bummer!

BodomSlayer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:23 pm 

I was recently in Reykjavik and found a few really good ones that, while not metal focused, had some good selections from local bands to Iceland.

Two of the shops I found were: Lucky Records and Smekkleysa Record Shop.

Ninjakillzu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:46 pm 

Anything on the Kitsap Peninsula (Silverdale, Poulsbo, etc) or Tacoma in WA?

goregoose
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:56 am 

I live in Mito city Japan and used to live in Chengdu China(I’m pretty sure there wasn’t any metal shops there but there were jam rooms and bands to hang out with there so if anyone needs info on that I can help). But yeah I’d love to find out what metal shops are around Mito.

BodomSlayer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:30 pm 

Ninjakillzu wrote:
Anything on the Kitsap Peninsula (Silverdale, Poulsbo, etc) or Tacoma in WA?

Zions Gate in Seattle was awesome. The selection was pretty damn big too.

Miikja
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:17 pm 

BodomSlayer wrote:
I was recently in Reykjavik and found a few really good ones that, while not metal focused, had some good selections from local bands to Iceland.

I've never been to either but will say that the place for hard rock and metal records in Reykjavik is definitely Geisladiskabúð Valda, on Vitastígur (just around the corner from Laugavegur). Easy to miss because it's small but seriously worth a visit, in particular if you're interested in (obscure) local bands, demo releases and such. I hope it survives for a long time.

12 Tónar on Skólavörðustígur is a very pleasant shop to hang out at as well. I bought the Katla album there and my friend got into Steindór Anderson's rímur music there.

More here: https://travelade.com/iceland/stories/s ... reykjavik/

spintop90
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:24 pm 

I highly doubt there are any in Pembroke Pines, FL

MetalPunkHorrorVHS
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 2:09 pm 

Google doesn't do the trick. Maybe people on here know any Metal themed shops in Colorado (Denver/Broomfield/Westminster areas ideally, but if not, then anywhere in Colorado really). Thanks in advance

Crescent_Moon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:54 pm 

Again asking about any vinyl/CDs shops in Zurich. Can anyone recommend something?

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:36 pm 

sure-ich is not a metal city (anymore), but you can try:
- Zero Zero Rare Groove, Bäckerstrasse 54, 8004 Zürich
- Katalog Record Warehouse, Weinbergstrasse 31, 8006 Zürich
- Blutt Records, Limmatstrasse 125, 8005 Zürich

best of luck, find that CF bootleg! :D

DeadKid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 5:30 am 

Goabnb wrote:
Anybody know any in Christchurch NZ? I know of a few stores like JB Hifi, but they have a very....loose.....definition of metal, and you're hard pressed to find anything other than Death or Megadeth (but props for having them). We have Pennylane Records, but they mostly take second hand records and CDs and most of those are the shit bands and shit albums by better bands (if I see yet another copy of Reload and St Anger there I might explode) because nobody wants them.

A new shop called Ride On Super Sound opened in Christchurch in November. I haven't been there, but I see some good variety in their photos. It's in the same building as the Darkroom venue which I visited just over a decade ago so hopefully it stays around for a while. They also offer to order records in specially.

edit: Darkroom has only been going since 2011. I was thinking of a different venue with similar events. And now they've moved to a location at Smash Palace, still in Christchurch.

Last edited by DeadKid on Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
~Guest 504861
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:01 am 

Any metal record stores in Turkey? Except for Hammer Müzik in İstanbul and Zidzor in Ankara.

StrangerintheNight
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:02 am 

Hi guys, I will be travelling to Dallas FW from New Zealand in July and was wondering if there is any stores that hold metal stuff.
I've found a bunch of stores online but they don't mention metal as such

CannibalCorpse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:23 pm 

I'll most likely be heading for a Morocco-tour some time in late August/September - it's not exactly your typical "metal" country, but perhaps somebody knows a few places worth visiting between Agadir and Marrakesh?

Adder's Fork - These Mountains Cast Great Shadows - NEW!
Adder's Fork + Dea Artio/In Dornen/Winter's Breath - A Gathering of Four - Split - NEW!
Adder's Fork - Website
Reviewer for Antichrist Magazine

HakuchoCygnus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:03 pm 

MorbidEarth wrote:
I visited a new record store dedicated to metal that has opened here in London in the past week. It's called Crypt Of The Wizard and is located in East London which has quite a few record stores already but this new one is the only one that stocks solely metal. They didn't have all that many records in stock (it's only a small space to be fair) but they had a good selection from across all sub-genres and most of the big names were represented by at least one of their albums as well as a healthy selection from underground artists. I picked up the 2010 re-issue of Sodom's Agent Orange which I've been trying to find for some time. They also stocked some cassette tapes, vinyl singles, patches, shirts and they even sell coffee! I'll be popping in again sometime soon to hopefully find some more great stuff. Definitely worth a visit if you happen to be in London and want to get some metal records.

I've heard about Crypt of the Wizard and also how small it is... I might give it a try, though it seems to be near Shoreditch, which is one of my most hated parts of London

neoplasie
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:06 am 

Does anyone have any recommendations for Wroclaw and Cracow?

Peyp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:24 am 

Posting for posterity, even though nobody asked recently. I've spent time in Santa Cruz, California and I've gotten to know their record stores.

Streetlight Records: very big store in downtown that mostly focuses on the mainstream; however they stock some good metal. Metal selection caters more to vinyl, but there are some CDs. Also a good place for other genres (rock, pop, electronic, hip-hop and world) and DVDs.

Metavinyl: not far from Streetlight. Significantly smaller but great vinyl selection. If you want to find something good, you have to do some digging. The coolest things I've found there include an Old Funeral comp, a purple Vargrav - Netherstorm, and an original pressing of Hawaii - One Nation Underground.

Green 81: some consulting business that doubles as a record store, open only on the first Saturday of the month. Only a small bit of metal (and only recognizable names like Scorpions), but worth looking into, as they will sell used rock LPs and singles for incredibly low prices. When I went, they were asking for $2 per LP. I found an Elvis vinyl there once.
Due to the unfortunate reality of our guitarist fucking my girlfriend of almost 7 years WITCHROT will be taking an extended hiatus. I however will continue the band in another space and time... Thanks for the support, stay heavy. Also our drummer died...

RIP DIAMHEA

Instantia
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:01 pm 

Just want to let anyone from my area know that Redscroll Records in Wallingford, Connecticut has a great selection of metal, even some really obscure shit that you'd never think you would find in a small shop.

Also, I'm going to LA in a few weeks and would love to know what the best record stores for metal are there. I scoured the posts on the thread from a few years back and wrote the names down but any recent updates would be appreciated.

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:32 am 

Are there record shops in Chicago that sell black metal?

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:29 pm 

Anybody know the best place to look for metal vinyl in Wellington City New Zealand?

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:12 pm 

Southern Freeze wrote:
Anybody know the best place to look for metal vinyl in Wellington City New Zealand?

An old user here would always talk about Real Groovy. I don't know if that's the only one in New Zealand but that's the only one I know. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:48 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
Southern Freeze wrote:

An old user here would always talk about Real Groovy. I don't know if that's the only one in New Zealand but that's the only one I know. :)

Pretty sure that place is long gone.

Avy_
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:23 pm 

charlotte/kannapolis NC?

Immortal666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:13 am 

Reading, UK?

akb88
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:06 am 

Miikja wrote:
BodomSlayer wrote:

I've never been to either but will say that the place for hard rock and metal records in Reykjavik is definitely Geisladiskabúð Valda, on Vitastígur (just around the corner from Laugavegur). Easy to miss because it's small but seriously worth a visit, in particular if you're interested in (obscure) local bands, demo releases and such. I hope it survives for a long time.

12 Tónar on Skólavörðustígur is a very pleasant shop to hang out at as well. I bought the Katla album there and my friend got into Steindór Anderson's rímur music there.

More here: https://travelade.com/iceland/stories/s ... reykjavik/

I was gonna say Valdi CD store too. Been going there for 15 years. Hopefully he will stay in business for a long time to come, he survived while the mainstream record and dvd stores on the main shopping street closed.

Workingandlurking
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:59 am 

First time poster, anybody know of any record stores or little Distros in Las Vegas besides zias and record city?

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:08 am 

Best metal shops in Copenhagen?

spermicide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:12 pm 

Everyday Music on NE SAndy Blvd in Portland,OR has a decent size metal section. Whats nice is you can find a lot of used stuff for around 6 to 8 bucks

On_Stranger_Tides
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:23 pm 

BlackheartSauron wrote:
Anything in Boston, Massachusetts, worth checking out for CDs?
P.S. Found Armageddon store, In Your Ear and Cheapo records using Google Maps.
I guess at least the first one should be good.

The Armageddon in Cambridge is cool, but if you can make it down to the shop in Providence, I'd recommend it. Well worth the trip!

yungstirjoey666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:56 am 

Somewhere in the DC metropolitan area, preferably in Fairfax Co, Arlington, or Alexandria

GTog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:41 pm 

I used to live in Vienna. Is Vienna Record Exchange still around? Used to be on Church St. I remember getting a lot of cassettes there.

How about Austin TX? I've been to Waterloo, and picked up the new Overkill and new Flotsam & Jetsam there just recently. They're pretty disorganized though, with all genres mixed together. Anyone got an alternative?

slemkungen
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:23 am 

I was wondering if anyone knew of any shops in southwestern British Columbia (preferably Chilliwack or Abbotsford, but anywhere else between Vancouver and Hope is good too) dealing solely or heavily in metal memorabilia and/or physical music.

Cheers in advance!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next