* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:14 pm 

Shamancus wrote:
metaldiscussor666 wrote:
So, I found what appears to be a first press mayhem deathcrush on viny. It looks like it's in perfect condition, on gold vinyl. Posercorpse music. The only dilemma I see, is that the album appears to be limited to 666 and not 1000. I assume that means that it's for sure a bootleg?

I saw this auction on Jewbay and was going to warn all the bidders about the fact that it is nothing but a shitty bootleg but I just forgot about it and thought that all the bidders must already know about its authenticity (and basically just want "Posercorpse" stamped somewhere in their copy). The golden version was actually released by a counterfeit label, pretending to be genuine Posercorpse Music. I hope you didn't pay too much since even the latest reissue carries more value to me than this shitty bootleg.

I never bought it. I have it on hold at my local record store. It's definitely overpriced going by what you're saying. I'd rather pay 80 dollars on an actual pressing of an album if anything. Although it would have been cool to have an original deathcrush. Touching the album when I first saw it, I almost got the sense I was touching a piece of history. I still want a second opinion, so i'll take some some pictures of it and post them in the bootleg thread next time I go out to the store just for curiosity sake.

Marmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:36 pm 

androdion wrote:
Marmer wrote:
Bolt Thrower - Realm of Chaos

Marmer wrote:
This is the first press

I've been wanting that first press for a while now, EU/US doesn't matter really, but I haven't gained the courage to shell out enough doe to buy it. I envy you right now. :)

But then again today I'm a happy man because I finally managed to get myself a copy of Aghora's debut, sealed and for a very interesting price! Fucking finally I must say! :hyper:

And also completed my Hearse collection with Dominion Reptilian and The Last Ordeal, not a bad day at all despite all the cold and rain.

Been searchin for a while also. had the Earache release on LP and Cd alread. now this finally arrived..

DarthVenom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:05 pm 

Rage Nucleaire - Unrelenting Fucking Hatred

A title like Unrelenting Hatred would seem terribly uninspired, given how many song/album titles of that ilk are floating around in the metal realm...but squeeze Fucking in there and suddenly, somehow, it just works.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:31 pm 

halfformedfetus wrote:
Ha Ha took me a bit to spot the goat them BAM! it was like spotting wheres wally
or where's billy :roll:

Marmer wrote:
Bolt Thrower - Realm of Chaos on Relativity records
dreadmeat wrote:
so that'd be an original then? i only have the reissue
Marmer wrote:
This is the first press US release..
androdion wrote:
I've been wanting that first press for a while now, EU/US doesn't matter really, but I haven't gained the courage to shell out enough doe to buy it.
Marmer wrote:
Been searchin for a while also. had the Earache release on LP and Cd alread. now this finally arrived..

it's not hard to find, like gorguts' obscura, it's just expensive as, i saw a bloke in sweden selling one for 50 euros but the shipping was 30 euros, which is insane [probably a tracked courier no doubt]
eu/us also doesn't bother me but if i had the choice i'd go with eu probably, over here recently-ish a mate of mine tripped over an original LP in a secondhand shop for $50 nzd / 40 usd / 30 euros / 6,500 portuguese escudos [that's a lot of little cars for a record ha ha]

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:03 pm 

dreadmeat wrote:
$50 nzd / 40 usd / 30 euros / 6,500 portuguese escudos

Careful with this conversion, it's in fact 6500 (or 6.500 if you'd like). 1€ = 200,482$ ($ on the right is Escudos, on the left is Dollars)

And, you know... we've been using Euros for the past 12 years! :scratch:

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:12 pm 

yeah i know, i just chucked that in there for a laugh :p
sometimes the conversion rate is useless, if you can go into a shop in the us and buy a used original cianide - a descent into hell cd for $2 [or it may have been $6?]
but in nz i have to spend about $30 because i have to buy it online
also i can walk into my local awesome music shop and pick up alchemist cds for $8 that sell on ebay for closer to $50 ha ha ha

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:41 pm 

CDs here are usually over 16€, although some stuff can be found at around 12€ on some stores or at certain points. And then sometimes I chuckle at the sight of albums being sold for over 20€ when I can get them online for 5-10€. I started buying online because there isn't any good offer in terms of goods nor prices in my country.

dreadmeat wrote:
also i can walk into my local awesome music shop and pick up alchemist cds for $8 that sell on ebay for closer to $50 ha ha ha

Go on... I still need to find myself the first three! ;)

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:51 pm 

androdion have you seen the cds i'm selling?
if you're actively looking for them i can keep my eyes peeled, they aren't rare here, they're not 'common' either but yeah.

\/ sig link \/

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:06 pm 

are the first Bolt Thrower CDs really that rare? I bought mine for 6 or 7 Euros each last year and saw them not too long ago on a flea market for the same price. I was thinking about buying them as trade objects but didn't know they are so sought after.
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

Vintersorrow
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:17 pm 

ssoooo.... latest CD haul:

Metal:

Sonne Adam - Transformation
Coroner - Punishment for Decadence (firstpress)
Theatre of Tragedy - Velvet Darkness They Fear
Ordo Draconis - The Wing & The Burden
King Diamond - Deadly Lullabyes Live DCD
Solstafir - Masterpiece of Bitterness
Obscurity/In a Spleen - Split CD
Cathedral - Forest of Equilibrium (firstpress)
Menace Ruine - Allight in Ashes

NON-METAL:

Bauhaus - Burning from the Inside
King Crimson - Islands
Laibach - Nato

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:31 pm 

Asti78 wrote:
are the first Bolt Thrower CDs really that rare? I bought mine for 6 or 7 Euros each last year and saw them not too long ago on a flea market for the same price. I was thinking about buying them as trade objects but didn't know they are so sought after.
definitely grab them, but don't be an arsehole and overprice them like the ebayers do :grin:

Marmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:34 pm 

dreadmeat wrote:
Asti78 wrote:
definitely grab them, but don't be an arsehole and overprice them like the ebayers do :grin:

Hahaha. Those first ones. yes they do nice prices.. if you are an egay seller haha..

i payed 16 for the relativity release and 20 for the earache.. The Lp i had since it came out.. back in 89.. cost me 40 Guilders then. compareable to 25 euros i think

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:42 pm 

Well just looked at some ended auctions and even on Egay they can be really cheap sometimes:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Bolt-Thrower-War ... 1171383613

I bought mine also off Egay last year and paid considerably less than 10 Euros each and even got the Silent Scream version of "In Battle..." which was the first available CD edition. Luckily the seller didn't answer to the public when I asked him about the edition :-).
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:49 pm 

The things is that Realm Of Chaos is the only one from the first that hasn't been repressed. It's been reissued but it's a remastered version that's not endorsed by the band with some shitty artwork when compared to the first. In Battle was both repressed and reissued, and Warmaster onwards they've all been repressed. So basically anyone looking for a ROC first press ends up getting hit for 25-30€ most of the times.

You German and your flee markets! It must be good to have them... :annoyed:

Marmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:51 pm 

silent scream edition of in battle is what i need also.

but i have priority on some others first.

Amboss, infected virulence, Obscenity - Perversion mankind. and no im not paying idiot prices haha..

better late then never.

~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:51 pm 

Just received in the mail:

Vinterland - Welcome My Last Chapter (1st pressing, mint condition)

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:53 pm 

i have two versions of warmaster, 1 repress and 1 1995 reissue [not remastered though] neither were hard to find or expensive
also i have an original 4th crusade :grin:

that long link won't work for me, but this one does
http://www.ebay.de/itm/251171383613

if you trip over a realm of chaos and feel like sending it to new zealand, my address is... :roll:

Marmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:00 pm 

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Bolt-Thrower-Realm-Of-Chaos-Original-RARE-OOP-Napalm-Death-Prophecy-Of-Doom-/300809344219?pt=AU_Audio_CDs&hash=item4609a254db

one from your neighbours

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:03 pm 

Ok, here is a ROC that ended last week:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/300801508783

Basically the same price you have to pay for a new CD, so no "Rarity" price in my eyes as long as the price doesn't exceed an actual re-press.

Krav
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:15 pm 

Panopticon shirt
Destruction Ritual - Heidenlärm
Wheels Within Wheels/Merkaba split
Merkaba patch
Wheels Within Wheels patch

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:22 pm 

Thiestru wrote:
Just received in the mail:

Vinterland - Welcome My Last Chapter (1st pressing, mint condition)

Good score! A real masterpiece!

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:25 pm 

re realm of chaos, no they aren't rare but people tend to overcharge for them

that oz auction but in english: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300809344219 :p

by the way it's a REPRESS or a REISSUE not "OOP" or rare

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:31 pm 

dreadmeat wrote:
re realm of chaos, no they aren't rare but people tend to overcharge for them

that oz auction but in english: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300809344219 :p

by the way it's a REPRESS or a REISSUE

People wouldn't overcharge them if there wouldn't obviously be a market for them. It seems a lot of people are willing to pay those prices and this is a simple offer and demand graph :-).

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:33 pm 

unfortunately that's true mate :grumble:

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:59 pm 

dreadmeat wrote:
by the way it's a REPRESS or a REISSUE not "OOP" or rare

I would even tend to say it is a bootleg. Those "Mastered by Nimbus" Matrix Codes were used in the beginning of the 90s, very early releases from Earache, Metal Blade or Peaceville carry these matrix codes. But I can't remember of any release in 1994 or newer (when IFPI Numbers were introduced) having regularly the IFPI Number is association with the "Nimbus" Master.
Looks very suspicious to me.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:11 pm 

didn't they just change their name? [a few times]
mastered by nimbus to NIMBUS [in that ridiculous font]
http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?label=Nimbus
there's heaps of variations :eek:

~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:59 pm 

forestcorpse wrote:
Good score! A real masterpiece!

Yeah! After it got done playing the first time, I immediately started listening to it again. That might be followed by a third time in just a few minutes. \m/

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:36 pm 

Asti78 wrote:
I would even tend to say it is a bootleg. Those "Mastered by Nimbus" Matrix Codes were used in the beginning of the 90s, very early releases from Earache, Metal Blade or Peaceville carry these matrix codes. But I can't remember of any release in 1994 or newer (when IFPI Numbers were introduced) having regularly the IFPI Number is association with the "Nimbus" Master.

I think I agree with you, it does seem odd. Isn't the font different as well? That does seem a bit sketchy!

And the prices are over the top because of the "first press fever" as usual. I normally would just get the reissue and get over with it, but given my love for BT and all the shit that happened between them and Earache I really wanted that first press. However I won't be buying it overpriced, it would have to be a much bigger fish for me to shell out 25-30€.

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:57 pm 

Krav wrote:

Panopticon shirt
Destruction Ritual - Heidenlärm
Wheels Within Wheels/Merkaba split
Merkaba patch
Wheels Within Wheels patch

Where'd you get those patches? Nice Panopticon shirt too, I wanted one of those, but was running a little low on cash when he put them up for sale so I missed out (plus I already have so many band shirts that i should probably slow down on my purchases of those for a while)

Please don't bring feels to Metal Archives. I'm content with nihilism.

luxul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:16 pm 

Recently purchased Misery Index - Retaliate (LP) from hellsheadbangers.com, Agalloch - Faustian Echoes (LP) from their website, and Ihsahn - The Adversary (limited edition White 2xLP) from bloodmusic.com. And I should be receiving the Blue vinyl of Devin Townsend Project - Epicloud from CM Distro very soon. :hyper:

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:23 pm 

Asti78 wrote:
androdion wrote:
I think I agree with you, it does seem odd. Isn't the font different as well? That does seem a bit sketchy!

And the prices are over the top because of the "first press fever" as usual. I normally would just get the reissue and get over with it, but given my love for BT and all the shit that happened between them and Earache I really wanted that first press. However I won't be buying it overpriced, it would have to be a much bigger fish for me to shell out 25-30€.

i'm not seeing any disc scans of this release at discogs unfortunately, i'd be dead keen to see them side by side aye.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:25 pm 

oh and Asti78 if you see any eisenvater or blood around i could be keen!
the first 3 eisenvater albums are awesome i reckon, and blood, well blood just slay :metal:

Krav
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:40 am 

analog_winter wrote:
Where'd you get those patches? Nice Panopticon shirt too, I wanted one of those, but was running a little low on cash when he put them up for sale so I missed out (plus I already have so many band shirts that i should probably slow down on my purchases of those for a while)

I ordered the tape from discogs (I think directly from one of the guys in Merkaba) and they came with it. There was no mention of them in the description so I was really surprised to find them in the package! If you want them it's probably worth it to contact the bands to see if they still have any.

And Austin only put up half of the shirts, so the rest should be coming soon. Plus I'm sure he'll do more at some point. I'm really hoping he'll do those back patches again too.

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:34 am 

dreadmeat wrote:
the first 3 eisenvater albums are awesome i reckon, and blood, well blood just slay :metal:

You mean the German Death Metal Band Blood? Well their stuff usually is really cheap to get, maybe except the first 2 albums. I finished their discography last year with paying around 5 Euros for the firstpresses, also the "Depraved Godddess" with the rusty nail :-).
Their albums appear pretty rarely as auction starting with 1 Euro, but usually don't go very high. Remember that "Impulse to destroy" was released in a cardboard sleeve as firstpress.

http://www.ebay.de/itm//221144520712
http://www.ebay.de/itm//360498966571

This one usually is their cheapest, buy it now for 3 Euro:

http://www.ebay.de/itm//251174147111

Varth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:39 am 

Hi this is my first post, these are CDs unless noted

Just came in:
Order From Chaos - An Ending In Fire (this bands releases aren't easy to find cheap)
Sarcofago - The Laws of Scourge
N.M.E. - Unholy Death/Machine of War 2CD + demos
Merciless - The Awakening
Uncanny - MCMXCI - MCMXCIV 2CD
Pact - Dragon Lineage of Satan

walked to store and bought

Autopsy - born/undead DVD
Judas Priest - Stained Class reissue (collection now complete)
Sodom - In War and Pieces 2CD
Rush - Moving Pictures (2 dollar buy)

awaiting in the mail:

NASTROND - Toteslaut
MORBID - Year of the Goat 2CD
ARGHOSLENT - Incorrigible Bigotry
CREMATION - Black Death Cult
PESTE NOIRE - Folkfuck Folie tape with hilarious alternate cover, I always seem to miss this bands CDs when distros have them
MANIFESTING - Primeval Adulation tape

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:49 am 

Asti78 wrote:
dreadmeat wrote:

You mean the German Death Metal Band Blood? Well their stuff usually is really cheap to get, maybe except the first 2 albums. I finished their discography last year with paying around 5 Euros for the firstpresses, also the "Depraved Godddess" with the rusty nail :-).
Their albums appear pretty rarely as auction starting with 1 Euro, but usually don't go very high. Remember that "Impulse to destroy" was released in a cardboard sleeve as firstpress.

http://www.ebay.de/itm//221144520712
http://www.ebay.de/itm//360498966571

This one usually is their cheapest, buy it now for 3 Euro:

http://www.ebay.de/itm//251174147111

yeah man i LOVE that band, mental conflicts especially, i only have dysangelium and need more
eisenvater are good too, i have I on vinyl here but also need more :grin:
i meant if you found any at ze fleamarket, but i'll check out ebay etc too :nods:

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:51 am 

Varth wrote:
Hi this is my first post, these are CDs unless noted

Just came in:
Order From Chaos - An Ending In Fire (this bands releases aren't easy to find cheap)
wicked, notoriously hard to find stuff by them aye :metal:

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:05 am 

dreadmeat wrote:
yeah man i LOVE that band, mental conflicts especially, i only have dysangelium and need more
eisenvater are good too, i have I on vinyl here but also need more :grin:
i meant if you found any at ze fleamarket, but i'll check out ebay etc too :nods:

Well to be honest I never listened to Eisenvater until now, seems to be a band I missed somehow. Concerning Blood, I adore them :-). One of my first gigs ever was "headlined" by Blood, other bands playing were Immured (pretty similar to Blood as far as I remember) and a few other local bands. The location was the backroom of a restaurant with only 30 visitors attending but the atmosphere was just great :-).
Must have been in 1993 or 1994.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:11 am 

seriously dude check out the first eisenvater album, you'll be fan i'm sure!
both bands are apparently still active too, seeing them play live would have been awesome, apart from all the blood and faeces ha ha

http://www.discogs.com/Eisenvater-Eisenvater/master/304620

Aetherial
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:30 am 

Some recent gems I got from metal achivers:

Arcana Coelestia - Le Mirage de l'Ideal promo
Elend - Winds Devouring Men
The Devil's Blood - Fire Burning
Virgin Black - Elegant...and dying
Virgin Black - Sombre Romantic

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 362, 363, 364, 365, 366, 367, 368 ... 766  Next