Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives
https://forum.metal-archives.com/

Your Latest Album Purchase(s)
https://forum.metal-archives.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65462
Page 366 of 711

Author:  analog_winter [ Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

Krav wrote:
analog_winter wrote:
Where'd you get those patches? Nice Panopticon shirt too, I wanted one of those, but was running a little low on cash when he put them up for sale so I missed out (plus I already have so many band shirts that i should probably slow down on my purchases of those for a while)


I ordered the tape from discogs (I think directly from one of the guys in Merkaba) and they came with it. There was no mention of them in the description so I was really surprised to find them in the package! If you want them it's probably worth it to contact the bands to see if they still have any.

And Austin only put up half of the shirts, so the rest should be coming soon. Plus I'm sure he'll do more at some point. I'm really hoping he'll do those back patches again too.


Cool, I might get in touch with the bands to see if they've got any. And I'm glad there might be another chance to grab one of thos shirts. Which back patch design are you talking about?

Author:  ~Guest 161894 [ Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

---

Author:  stillborn_ [ Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

Candero - Human Disease
Hideous Deformity - Promo 2008
Skeletal Remains - Desolate Isolation

Author:  Veracs [ Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

Hypomanie-Calm down, you weren't set on fire
Blind Guardian-Nightfall in Middle earth
Pencil Lead Syringe-Suffocated and Embalmed
Horna-Envaatnags Eflos Solf Esgantaavne
Hellevetron-Death scroll of seven hells
Meliah Rage-Solitary Solitude
Meliah Rage-Live Kill
Varathron-Walpurgisnacht (Unisound, 2nd press)
Theatres Des Vampires-Vampyrìsme, Nècrophilie, Nècrosadisme, Nècrophagi

small hall for now, but I'm going out of town and I plan on getting some more at Hastings.

Author:  Krav [ Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

analog_winter wrote:
Cool, I might get in touch with the bands to see if they've got any. And I'm glad there might be another chance to grab one of thos shirts. Which back patch design are you talking about?


I think the only one that ever existed. I can't find a pic though, but I remember a run down city - it's not listed on the bigcartel anymore.

Author:  analog_winter [ Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

Krav wrote:
analog_winter wrote:
Cool, I might get in touch with the bands to see if they've got any. And I'm glad there might be another chance to grab one of thos shirts. Which back patch design are you talking about?


I think the only one that ever existed. I can't find a pic though, but I remember a run down city - it's not listed on the bigcartel anymore.


Ah yeah, I vaguely remember that now. I do remember it being pretty cool, but it was always sold out.

Author:  Thiestru [ Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

Dark Forest - Aurora Borealis
Warning - Watching from a Distance

Probably going to order Sacramentum's 'Far from the Sun' soon too.

Author:  The_Minstrel51 [ Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

dreadmeat wrote:
Varth wrote:
Hi this is my first post, these are CDs unless noted

Just came in:
Order From Chaos - An Ending In Fire (this bands releases aren't easy to find cheap)
wicked, notoriously hard to find stuff by them aye :metal:


Wicked purchase! Some guy at the Wacken metal market a couple years ago had most of the old OFC Shivardarshana (sp?) CDs for dirt cheap; like 5 - 10 Euros for sealed copies. I've been kicking myself ever since for not buying them all at the time. :durr:
I did get the first pressing of Asateerul Awaleen from him though for maybe 8 Euros, which made me very happy. Damn I wish I could afford to go back there...

Anyway, picked up a couple classics recently:

Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer
Queensrÿche - Operation: Mindcrime / Queen of the Reich (This is a strange 2 CD set from France. The Queen of the Reich CD actually seems to be a reissue version of the Queensrÿche EP with bonus tracks. Weird)

Author:  dreadmeat [ Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

The_Minstrel51 wrote:
I did get the first pressing of Asateerul Awaleen from him though for maybe 8 Euros, which made me very happy. Damn I wish I could afford to go back there...
don't kick yourself too hard man, that's still a pretty cool thing to score :metal:
i saw them play here recently by the way, met them and got autographs etc :grin:

Author:  Dorfo [ Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

Image

Living with the Ancients is the second album of the amazing band Blood Ceremony. I recommend it to everyone that don't know it.

Author:  DeathfareDevil [ Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

A momentary break from metal. Well, sort of: the first time I heard a Shostakovich string quartet -- either the 7th or 8th, I forget -- when it hit one of those characteristically frenzied crescendos, I was like, this sounds like Emperor. And Grieg, well, Grieg is metal.

Image

Image

Author:  dreadmeat [ Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

DeathfareDevil wrote:
A momentary break from metal. Well, sort of: the first time I heard a Shostakovich string quartet -- either the 7th or 8th, I forget -- when it hit one of those characteristically frenzied crescendos, I was like, this sounds like Emperor. And Grieg, well, Grieg is metal.
Shostakovich is excellent, i was playing symphony 7 'leningrad' yesterday, great stuff!

Author:  inhumanist [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

@DeathfareEvil: Awesome grab! Sounds like I have to check out some Grieg. I haven't heard any of those pieces but I know Shostakovich's fifth and Dvorak's 9th (I'm a sucker for symphonies) and you can't go wrong with Bach (or almost all classical music, really) even though baroque is pretty un-metal but who cares. I assume you bought those at a bargain? Stuff is always ass cheap around here.

Author:  dreadmeat [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

grabbed these today, all new and cheap as

Six Feet Under ‎– Death Rituals
Six Feet Under ‎– Commandment
Six Feet Under ‎– 13
Hellfueled ‎– Volume One [some pretty solid thrashy/heavy metal from sweden, check them out] :metal:
TAD - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears [DVD! saw it while i was at the counter not even paying attention, it just caught my eye, love these guys!]

Image

Author:  thetrueevil [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

Azazel - Jesus Perversions
Lustration - Psymbolik
Osculum Infame - Consuming the Metatron
Pimeydentuoja - Black Goat Psalm
The True Werwolf - Death Music

Author:  Corpus_Chain [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

DeathfareDevil wrote:
A momentary break from metal. Well, sort of: the first time I heard a Shostakovich string quartet -- either the 7th or 8th, I forget -- when it hit one of those characteristically frenzied crescendos, I was like, this sounds like Emperor. And Grieg, well, Grieg is metal.


Good choices! I have that Grieg album, and it's great.

Latest purchases:

Monolithe I
Testament - Dark Roots of the Earth
Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales
Enslaved - Riitiir
Disney's Brave Soundtrack
Down IV Purple EP

Author:  CrushedRevelation [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

After a seriously long ass wait, my order from Greece finally arrived today:

Image

Degial - Death And Darkness Buries All... 7"
Temple Nightside/Antedeluvian - Cogitating Vacuous 7" split (lim 500)
Teitanblood - Woven Black Arteries
Absu - Abzu
Drawn And Quartered - Feeding Hell's Furnace

Image

Sonne Adam - Doctrines Of Dark Devotion clear LP (lim 100)

Image

Wrathprayer - The Sun Of Moloch LP (lim 500)

Author:  Hayisforhorses [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

Hardly spent any money the past few weeks, i think this is the only thing i have bought besides Borderlands 2.

Image
Dripping - Disintegration of Thought Patterns.... cd

Author:  Aeonblade [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

Shit, where did you find the Dripping CD? Been looking for that for awhile.

Author:  japc [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

The_Minstrel51 wrote:
Queensrÿche - Operation: Mindcrime / Queen of the Reich (This is a strange 2 CD set from France. The Queen of the Reich CD actually seems to be a reissue version of the Queensrÿche EP with bonus tracks. Weird)

Nice, I'm wanting to get Queen of the Reich for a long time.

Author:  Hayisforhorses [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

Aeonblade wrote:
Shit, where did you find the Dripping CD? Been looking for that for awhile.


Got it from a small gore grind distro sadly their last copy, only cost €10 with postage but took the best part of 6 weeks to arrive though.

Author:  MARSDUDE [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

eBay purchase:

Burzum - Det Som Engang Var
Demonaz - March Of The Norse (sick nasty version with the regular awesome cover art, but also the bonus track)
I - Between Two Worlds (version with the bonus tracks)

Author:  DeathfareDevil [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

inhumanist wrote:
@DeathfareEvil: Awesome grab! Sounds like I have to check out some Grieg. I haven't heard any of those pieces but I know Shostakovich's fifth and Dvorak's 9th (I'm a sucker for symphonies) and you can't go wrong with Bach (or almost all classical music, really) even though baroque is pretty un-metal but who cares. I assume you bought those at a bargain? Stuff is always ass cheap around here.


If you've not heard Grieg, get thee immediately here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRpzxKsSEZg It's required listening for all metalheads!

I can't say the deal was a steal, exactly. Through Amazon, the 2 5CD sets were approx. $20 each. But I had to have. Fast.


dreadmeat wrote:
Shostakovich is excellent, i was playing symphony 7 'leningrad' yesterday, great stuff!


Oh god yeah, his symphonies are massive. They go from bleak to immense to completely insane. I think I love the 10th the most; hearing his "initials" (the DSCH motif) blared through an entire orchestra, and knowing that the symphony premiered the year Stalin died, after Shostakovich and others had been censored under the Zhdanov Doctrine, never fails to give me the goosebumps. Such a great "no fuck you" to Soviet-era persecution.

Author:  Von Jugel [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

Is there a thread somewhere where people posted pics of their entire collection? I'd be interested in seeing those.

Author:  Von Jugel [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

Von Jugel wrote:
Is there a thread somewhere where people posted pics of their entire collection? I'd be interested in seeing those.


Would this be it?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61607&hilit=collection+entire+collection

Author:  Psytopsy [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

Bought Type O Negative's Dead Again used off eBay, and also got Baphomet's The Dead Shall Inherit 2006 Digipak new off eBay too. Very happy with these

Author:  forestcorpse [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

Got a new vinyl haul today:

Image
Horna - Pimeyden hehku
Kadotus - Seven Glorifications of Evil
Clandestine Blaze / Satanic Warmaster - Split

Image
Root - The Temple in the Underworld (Double Lp with patch,sticker, button and a big poster. ''The Crypt'' release)
Lunar Aurora - Hoagascht


Image
Graveland - In the Glare of Burning Churches (2012 repress, demo version of the music)
Bestial Summoning - The Dark War Has Begun (2012 repress)
Portal - Outre (2012 repress)

Image
Mortician - House by the Cemetery (Picture disc, limited to 100)
Mortician - Zombie Apocalypse (Picture disc, limited to 100)


And tomorrow I will get some more...!

Author:  666Emperor666 [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

Nice haul! I have that Horna ep on the way also. How much did you pay for it?

Author:  forestcorpse [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

666Emperor666 wrote:
Nice haul! I have that Horna ep on the way also. How much did you pay for it?


Thanks! I paid $15 for it. Got it together with the Kadotus lp, that one I paid $19 for. Both in mint condition!

Author:  666Emperor666 [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

forestcorpse wrote:
666Emperor666 wrote:
Nice haul! I have that Horna ep on the way also. How much did you pay for it?


Thanks! I paid $15 for it. Got it together with the Kadotus lp, that one I paid $19 for. Both in mint condition!

Ok you got it for a really nice price then. I bought mine for 13€.

Author:  dreadmeat [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

CrushedRevelation wrote:
After a seriously long ass wait, my order from Greece finally arrived today:
Sonne Adam - Doctrines Of Dark Devotion clear LP (lim 100)
*limited to 100?! that's like japanese black metal limited :lol:
dreadmeat wrote:
Shostakovich is excellent, i was playing symphony 7 'leningrad' yesterday, great stuff!
DeathfareDevil wrote:
Oh god yeah, his symphonies are massive. They go from bleak to immense to completely insane. I think I love the 10th the most; hearing his "initials" (the DSCH motif) blared through an entire orchestra, and knowing that the symphony premiered the year Stalin died, after Shostakovich and others had been censored under the Zhdanov Doctrine, never fails to give me the goosebumps. Such a great "no fuck you" to Soviet-era persecution.
my cd only has a few select movements from a few select pieces [a compilation...] russian classical is like australian metal - essential
night on bald mountain and the firebird are another two for the metaheads aye.
Von Jugel wrote:
Is there a thread somewhere where people posted pics of their entire collection? I'd be interested in seeing those.
yeah, don't remind me man :roll:
forestcorpse wrote:
Got a new vinyl haul today:
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2535/img20082136x1424.jpg
Mortician - House by the Cemetery (Picture disc, limited to *100)
Mortician - Zombie Apocalypse (Picture disc, limited to *100)
ha! wicked, did they come with the bone and the mask or did you just happen to have them laying around ><.
i really need some more mortician, probably just cds though

Author:  Von Jugel [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

dreadmeat wrote:
Von Jugel wrote:
Is there a thread somewhere where people posted pics of their entire collection? I'd be interested in seeing those.
yeah, don't remind me man :roll:


Well, you're the one who suggested I find it! *shrug*

Author:  dreadmeat [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

Von Jugel wrote:
Is there a thread somewhere where people posted pics of their entire collection? I'd be interested in seeing those.
dreadmeat wrote:
yeah, don't remind me man :roll:
Von Jugel wrote:
Well, you're the one who suggested I find it! *shrug*
ha ha i mean i haven't put up my photos yet and if i look i'll get penis envy because some of you guys have epic collections :nods:

Author:  Von Jugel [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

dreadmeat wrote:
Von Jugel wrote:
Is there a thread somewhere where people posted pics of their entire collection? I'd be interested in seeing those.
dreadmeat wrote:
yeah, don't remind me man :roll:
Von Jugel wrote:
Well, you're the one who suggested I find it! *shrug*
ha ha i mean i haven't put up my photos yet and if i look i'll get penis envy because some of you guys have epic collections :nods:


Yeah, the thread I just posted it locked, so..............

Author:  dreadmeat [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

i think if a thread is older than xxx weeks or something it gets automatically locked? but don't quote me on that.
we could start an official collection blog/page/etc and everyone could upload their photos there :thumbsup: :crash:

Author:  Von Jugel [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

dreadmeat wrote:
i think if a thread is older than xxx weeks or something it gets automatically locked? but don't quote me on that.
we could start an official collection blog/page/etc and everyone could upload their photos there :thumbsup: :crash:


Cool. I'll have to wait for someone else to start that thread since I'm a "metal newbie".

Author:  stillborn_ [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

Septycal Gorge - Growing Seeds of Decay
Hideous Deformity - Defoulment of Human Purity
Provocation - Forging the Gods
Baphomet - Death In the Beginning

Author:  XTR713 [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

Revocation-Existence Is Futile
Revocation-Chaos Of Forms
Immolation-Majesty And Decay

Author:  forestcorpse [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

dreadmeat wrote:
Quote:
ha! wicked, did they come with the bone and the mask or did you just happen to have them laying around ><.
i really need some more mortician, probably just cds though


Hehe, just stuff laying around here, and I thought it would fit with the lps :P
Mortician is very good, love the zombie/horro feeling of the music!
I also think these two Eps are among their best releases.

Author:  Von Jugel [ Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your Latest Album Purchase(s)

Image

Image

Page 366 of 711 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/