Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:36 am 

Goatfangs wrote:
Is it wrong for me to say that this reminds me of Cloven Hoof a bit?

Beat me to it. :metal:

Satan and Cloven Hoof are among my favorites in NWOBHM, and I'm a fan of just about all of their incarnations or different era's. IE, Cloven Hoof's debut is great dark stuff, then the Russ North era is awesome, and I love just about everything the main Satan lineup put out all the way through Pariah. CITA is probably my favorite though! I do kind of wish they were able to get a little more out with Blind Fury though, that vocalist was really awesome (and ironically, one of the few you can definitely probably compare to Russ North quite a bit).

Chaosmonger
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:10 am 

DGYDP wrote:
DevilsPoison77 wrote:
I always thought 'Suspended Sentence' was a little over rated. The first couple of tracks are killer then the album just slowly goes nowhere.

Yet to give 'Court in the Act' a spin..

I disagree, Court In The Act starts with one of the best heavy metal songs ever (Trial By Fire) and then the rest of the album is just "good". With Suspended Sentence there's no songs as awesome as Trial By Fire, but there's not a single song that isn't great. I think they really improved musically and as songwriters since the debut. But apparently I'm one of the few people who think this, see also the MA reviews.

"Break Free" and "Alone in the Dock" are better than "Trial By Fire." I haven't heard Suspended Sentence much though, so I can't say anything about it.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2