Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
kimiwind
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:45 am
Posts: 486
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:21 pm 
 

Samoroth wrote:
but it seems that alot of disturbed souls are attracted to black metal and funeral doom. / . I just think these people are just attracted to this kind of music.

Those who i call them <b>POSERS</b>
Certainly they are not metal fans nor fans of the whole concept of the music itself.
Those dont know how to pull their shit out in the toilet cabine, and mostly they end up pulling in it in their fuckings colorful panties, having hard times to clean them up laters...

Top
 Profile  
peterlang
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 6:22 am
Posts: 231
Location: Hungary
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:35 pm 
 

Cendelence wrote:
peterlang wrote:
Is it just me who finds it.. well, "unhealthy" that some people are actually interested in seeing those pictures?


I would like to see more of the pictures and I also want to become a surgeon, wouldn't really call that unhealthy.


Yeah, whatever. You know, regardless of how a good surgeon you'll be, you won't be able to fix such things. Beheading is fatally lethal. (I read it in a med book.)

Top
 Profile  
Irimias
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 82
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:47 pm 
 

peterlang wrote:
Cendelence wrote:
peterlang wrote:
Is it just me who finds it.. well, "unhealthy" that some people are actually interested in seeing those pictures?


I would like to see more of the pictures and I also want to become a surgeon, wouldn't really call that unhealthy.


Yeah, whatever. You know, regardless of how a good surgeon you'll be, you won't be able to fix such things. Beheading is fatally lethal. (I read it in a med book.)


Not necessarily : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken

:lol:

Top
 Profile  
peterlang
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 6:22 am
Posts: 231
Location: Hungary
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:56 pm 
 

Irimias wrote:
peterlang wrote:
Cendelence wrote:
peterlang wrote:
Is it just me who finds it.. well, "unhealthy" that some people are actually interested in seeing those pictures?


I would like to see more of the pictures and I also want to become a surgeon, wouldn't really call that unhealthy.


Yeah, whatever. You know, regardless of how a good surgeon you'll be, you won't be able to fix such things. Beheading is fatally lethal. (I read it in a med book.)


Not necessarily : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken

:lol:



Ehh :D (It's disgusting too, by the way. Poor chicken.)

Let me rephrase: Beheading is fatally lethal if properly executed.

Top
 Profile  
DevilsPoison77
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 5:18 am
Posts: 157
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:34 pm 
 

peterlang wrote:
Cendelence wrote:
peterlang wrote:
Is it just me who finds it.. well, "unhealthy" that some people are actually interested in seeing those pictures?


I would like to see more of the pictures and I also want to become a surgeon, wouldn't really call that unhealthy.


Yeah, whatever. You know, regardless of how a good surgeon you'll be, you won't be able to fix such things. Beheading is fatally lethal. (I read it in a med book.)


"fatally lethal" haha! Nice one.

Top
 Profile  
Lord_Jotun
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2003 5:02 pm
Posts: 2335
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:55 pm 
 

Curiosity is not inherently bad. Some people may have interests that are "peculiar" to others but as long as they don't get out of line to pursue them (e.g.: if someone is interested in beheaded bodies, I have no qualms about them looking at pics of beheaded bodies online; if they decide to build their own supply by actively decapitating people, then I do have problem, unless their victims include only reality show "stars"), I'm fine with it.
I don't think anyone here has shown any kind of morbid behavior while discussing the subject. Plus, as sad as it sounds, neither ignoring nor obsessively staring at those pictures is going to bring the poor girl back to life, or make the nutjob pay for his crimes more severely.

That said, this whole story was one really, really fucked up ordeal.
_________________
Bands I'm in:
Phenris
In Corpore Mortis
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

Top
 Profile  
Visionary
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:57 pm
Posts: 1766
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:01 pm 
 

Samoroth wrote:
kimiwind wrote:
Samoroth wrote:
It's interesting how disturbing the black metal scene is(partly doom too, mostly funeral), not only the musicians but some fans too. I'm not really talking about the murders ofthe early 90s, but about the amount of black metal musicians and fans commiting suicide, mutilating themselves and even comming murder, apparently.


Those are just separated cases, and actually its not about the music if i might say, rather than the personality of tha person itself
Music has nothing to do with fatale disasters commited by indignant, weak and fragile devastated souls. Its pretty stupid.


I know and you are right, but it seems that alot of disturbed souls are attracted to black metal and funeral doom. Is it that those people are already disturbed or could it be that the music triggered it, something which I hardly believe or you must be really stupid. I just think these people are just attracted to this kind of music.


When I listened to Funeral Doom and Black Metal it was quite isolation inducing and made me not give two shits about the rest of the world. The music attracts people who are misanthropes and it may help inspire people to commit such acts of sick and depraved behavior but they may have just committed them anyway.
_________________
taleskiss on Kiss wrote:
They influenced MOST of the metal bands of our days, and they are not part of this site? This is unacceptable!!!
I would like to know why is that???
Because they are not considered metal? This is not fare!!!

Top
 Profile  
PvtNinjer
Veteran

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:45 am
Posts: 3963
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:19 pm 
 

Lord_Lexy wrote:
PvtNinjer wrote:
Just because someone may want to see the pictures doesn't mean they are necessarily "taking pleasure" from the victim's death. For me, it's simply fascinating, nothing as simple as cheap thrills.

To me, this does sound like you're enjoying to watch the pictures. Maybe not with a satisfied smile, but still you get the thrill you're seeking.

"cheap thrills"? A violent murder with decapitation is something cheap to you? It's easy to get those pictures via the internet, but calling them cheap is a proof of disrespect from my point of view. Her life was taken away from her and her friends and family, which might have left deep emotional scars. You call that a "cheap thrill"?


LOL, you are a fucking dumb ass.

For one, no, I'm not seeking a thrill, and I'm not getting a thrill by looking at these pictures. It's not like I'm some sicko who's jerking off to ogrish or something, hell I don't even like looking at gore pictures.

Two, way to get all riled up over cheap thrills, which is exactly what I was saying I WASN'T looking at the pictures for. I said for me, it is far beyond a "cheap thrill" as it might be to someone who browses rotten or ogrish on a regular basis. Seriously, you even BOLDED the part where I say I wasn't in it for "cheap thrills", are you that dumb?

Learn to read posts and stop putting words, actions and motivations in my mouth.

I see nothing wrong in being at least interested in certain morbid subjects/imagery. On one hand, it's horrifying and yet at the same time I think that's what makes it so fascinating. Pictures like these aren't something you are likely to see in your life time, which only adds to the interesting nature of something like this. Death is mysterious, which makes it interesting.

That being said, "disrespect of the dead" is not something I find off limits, unless of course those who's dieds love ones are in earshot, so whatever.

Top
 Profile  
emperor_zola
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:22 pm
Posts: 657
Location: Hungary
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:09 am 
 

Matthias Schoormann should start with the car crash or simply hung himself in the first place. If he wouldn't be dead already I'd kill him in the most painful way. Anyone saw those photos? Only a sick fuck can do this with a woman!

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6033
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:22 am 
 

You know what is sad? That a thread about this asshole, murderer and overall quite worthless musician, who brought his death upon himself, will have soon more posts than all the Dio threads...

Top
 Profile  
emperor_zola
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:22 pm
Posts: 657
Location: Hungary
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:25 am 
 

Witcher wrote:
You know what is sad? That a thread about this asshole, murderer and overall quite worthless musician, who brought his death upon himself, will have soon more posts than all the Dio threads...


just after a car accident or any public death, everyone wants to see the dead body.

Top
 Profile  
PvtNinjer
Veteran

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:45 am
Posts: 3963
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:57 am 
 

Witcher wrote:
You know what is sad? That a thread about this asshole, murderer and overall quite worthless musician, who brought his death upon himself, will have soon more posts than all the Dio threads...


Dude, doesn't the Dio thread have 13 or so pages? I don't think this one will last that long, in fact, seems like this thread is going to die today, if not tomorrow

Top
 Profile  
EntilZha
Retired

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 2119
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:36 am 
 

PvtNinjer wrote:
Witcher wrote:
You know what is sad? That a thread about this asshole, murderer and overall quite worthless musician, who brought his death upon himself, will have soon more posts than all the Dio threads...


Dude, doesn't the Dio thread have 13 or so pages? I don't think this one will last that long, in fact, seems like this thread is going to die today, if not tomorrow

Ronnie James Dio died today - confirmed by wife thread - 13 pages, 508 posts
Dio's last recording thread - 1 page, 12 posts
Westboro Baptist Church are Picketing Dio's Funeral thread - 7 pages, 258 posts
Memorial Service for RJD on May 30th in L.A. thread - 1 page, 23 posts

Total - 22 pages, 801 posts


Weird Murder-Suicide Of Carpe Noctem Bassist thread - 3 pages, 91 posts
_________________
Join my awesome last.fm groups: -1- / -2- / -3-

Top
 Profile  
Bolth_Mannn
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:19 am
Posts: 966
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:39 am 
 

Where are you guys finding the photos? As far as I can find (I've been looking), they've been taken down.

And no im not some sicko, The story behind this thing is horrible, but I am curious, can't deny it.

What saddens me the most is the replies to the original thread (I H8 U's thread)
_________________
If anyone from Gold Coast, Australia reads this, please send me a messege. Looking to meet some metalheads in the one place in Australia that seems to have no scene.

Top
 Profile  
Irimias
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 82
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:55 am 
 

For all of you who asked for the pics:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jmj0tndzyyo

Top
 Profile  
EntilZha
Retired

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 2119
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:02 am 
 

People see many negative aspects of this thread, however there may be the positive side-effect that a few people might actually check out Carpe Noctem's album, which certainly is worth hearing.

(The thread's on its third page and strangely there hasn't been a single music-related post yet)
_________________
Join my awesome last.fm groups: -1- / -2- / -3-

Top
 Profile  
peterlang
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 6:22 am
Posts: 231
Location: Hungary
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:07 am 
 

DevilsPoison77 wrote:
peterlang wrote:
Cendelence wrote:
peterlang wrote:
Is it just me who finds it.. well, "unhealthy" that some people are actually interested in seeing those pictures?


I would like to see more of the pictures and I also want to become a surgeon, wouldn't really call that unhealthy.


Yeah, whatever. You know, regardless of how a good surgeon you'll be, you won't be able to fix such things. Beheading is fatally lethal. (I read it in a med book.)


"fatally lethal" haha! Nice one.


As a matter of fact I wasn't - and still not - very sure how much sense that makes. "Fatal" and "lethal" have kinda similar meaning, so it's something like "Fatally fatal" or "Lethally lethal". Nevertheless it sounds like cool thrash title. One may buy it from me... :P

PvtNinjer wrote:
Seriously, you even BOLDED the part where I say I wasn't in it for "cheap thrills"


Actually [as a foreigner] I found that part hard to interpret, I couldn't really tell what you were meaning. I guess Lord_Lexy was in the same situation.

Witcher wrote:
You know what is sad? That a thread about this asshole, murderer and overall quite worthless musician, who brought his death upon himself, will have soon more posts than all the Dio threads...


Don't worry, we have nicely hijacked this thread, so now instead of talking about this sick fuck, we're talking about how sick fucks are MA users. (No offense here :P)

Top
 Profile  
Lippyass Major
Mens Mentis Minor

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:57 pm
Posts: 2055
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:08 am 
 

EntilZha wrote:
PvtNinjer wrote:
Witcher wrote:
You know what is sad? That a thread about this asshole, murderer and overall quite worthless musician, who brought his death upon himself, will have soon more posts than all the Dio threads...


Dude, doesn't the Dio thread have 13 or so pages? I don't think this one will last that long, in fact, seems like this thread is going to die today, if not tomorrow

Ronnie James Dio died today - confirmed by wife thread - 13 pages, 508 posts
Dio's last recording thread - 1 page, 12 posts
Westboro Baptist Church are Picketing Dio's Funeral thread - 7 pages, 258 posts
Memorial Service for RJD on May 30th in L.A. thread - 1 page, 23 posts

Total - 22 pages, 801 posts


There's been a few other Dio threads too: another WBC one, two about what Black Sabbath/Heaven and Hell will do, another about his legacy and Kill Switch Engaged defilement of it, and probably more I can't think of. Dio threads are everywhere.

This thread will never compare.

Top
 Profile  
hellfuhrer
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:54 am
Posts: 233
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:44 am 
 

Irimias wrote:
For all of you who asked for the pics:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jmj0tndzyyo


Thanks

I bet more people will check out this band even though this guy did not play on the debut.

Top
 Profile  
Stormalv
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:09 pm
Posts: 644
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:51 am 
 

emperor_zola wrote:
Matthias Schoormann should start with the car crash or simply hung himself in the first place. If he wouldn't be dead already I'd kill him in the most painful way. Anyone saw those photos? Only a sick fuck can do this with a woman!

What, you think it would be less terrible if it was done to a man?
_________________
My band's myspace profile:

www.myspace.com/mortiferiaofficial

Top
 Profile  
emperor_zola
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:22 pm
Posts: 657
Location: Hungary
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:05 am 
 

Stormalv wrote:
emperor_zola wrote:
Matthias Schoormann should start with the car crash or simply hung himself in the first place. If he wouldn't be dead already I'd kill him in the most painful way. Anyone saw those photos? Only a sick fuck can do this with a woman!

What, you think it would be less terrible if it was done to a man?


because most of the cases the victims are women, my answer might shock you: Yes!
I believe that the women has a very special place in the community, as a mother or wife. They are not able to defend themselves against the violent, and like in this case: the 3 times heavier, stronger males.

Just take a look on the face of this guy. He was suffered from complexes and I'm quite sure he never had sex with a woman. Take a look at the photos too, I'm quite sure he planned some sex with the dead body, but according to the news most probably he was unable to get an erection, or finally realized what he did. I'd mind to send all these guys who suffers from serious metal problems and/or shows any sociopathic signs to a coalmine deep under the surface.
He wrote he hates ppl, then the society should fulfill his needs.

Top
 Profile  
EntilZha
Retired

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 2119
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:16 am 
 

emperor_zola wrote:
They are not able to defend themselves

It's a bit sad that such extreme sexist views still exist in our time, I thought they died out with the 1950s. No wonder women need a special place in society, if as you say they are basically too weak and/or stupid to do anything by themselves.
_________________
Join my awesome last.fm groups: -1- / -2- / -3-

Top
 Profile  
emperor_zola
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:22 pm
Posts: 657
Location: Hungary
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:23 am 
 

EntilZha wrote:
emperor_zola wrote:
They are not able to defend themselves

It's a bit sad that such extreme sexist views still exist in our time, I thought they died out with the 1950s. No wonder women need a special place in society, if as you say they are basically too weak and/or stupid to do anything by themselves.


just in this case see this as a proof. The situation was simplier than the cheese in the mousetrap, she ate it anyways. Hmm...
And think about the crime stats. The victims are usually women. The problem with this as I stated before, they are not "playing in the same league".
This is the some sadistic pleasure that you can rule upon someone who is weaker. Body builder are rarely molested or beaten up.

Top
 Profile  
EntilZha
Retired

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 2119
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:25 am 
 

Or you might just admit that you know zero about the case or the persons involved, and are simply hijacking this thread to promote your political beliefs.
_________________
Join my awesome last.fm groups: -1- / -2- / -3-

Top
 Profile  
peterlang
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 6:22 am
Posts: 231
Location: Hungary
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:40 am 
 

EntilZha wrote:
Or you might just admit that you know zero about the case or the persons involved, and are simply hijacking this thread to promote your political beliefs.


Actually he was asked about it. And I'm sure he has better mediums to spread his "political views" (not that it has anything to do with politics) than a hidden topic on a music-oriented forum.

Top
 Profile  
Bolth_Mannn
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:19 am
Posts: 966
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:41 am 
 

It scares me, because the pictures did not effect me in any way :/
_________________
If anyone from Gold Coast, Australia reads this, please send me a messege. Looking to meet some metalheads in the one place in Australia that seems to have no scene.

Top
 Profile  
ACM
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:55 pm
Posts: 1261
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:10 am 
 

Irimias wrote:
For all of you who asked for the pics:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jmj0tndzyyo
Glad to see he left her boots on.

Top
 Profile  
EntilZha
Retired

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 2119
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:12 am 
 

peterlang wrote:
EntilZha wrote:
Or you might just admit that you know zero about the case or the persons involved, and are simply hijacking this thread to promote your political beliefs.


Actually he was asked about it. And I'm sure he has better mediums to spread his "political views" (not that it has anything to do with politics) than a hidden topic on a music-oriented forum.

He was not asked about it, he was confronted about it, as Stormalv likely suspected the (obvious) implication of women being weak and helpless creatures. And yes, it does have something to do with politics. He implied that punishment for crimes against women must be higher than crimes against man by law, which makes it political.
_________________
Join my awesome last.fm groups: -1- / -2- / -3-

Top
 Profile  
Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:13 pm
Posts: 4209
Location: Pakistan
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:21 am 
 

ACM wrote:
Irimias wrote:
For all of you who asked for the pics:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jmj0tndzyyo
Glad to see he left her boots on.

Yeah. At least she died with her boots on.
_________________
Previously MegaHassan
Paki thvg music, My Extreme Metal/Punk Label

Top
 Profile  
kingnuuuur
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:35 pm
Posts: 2314
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:34 am 
 

Irimias wrote:
For all of you who asked for the pics:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jmj0tndzyyo

... Was that really necessary?

Top
 Profile  
kimiwind
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:45 am
Posts: 486
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:54 am 
 

kingnuuuur wrote:
Irimias wrote:
For all of you who asked for the pics:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jmj0tndzyyo

... Was that really necessary?

Maybe for some......
However it's real shocking, where the hell you got those pictures???
I cannot really watch them! i downloaded the file but i just saw there is 16 pics in the rar file. i think i will not really open this shit.

Top
 Profile  
Stormalv
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:09 pm
Posts: 644
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:21 am 
 

emperor_zola wrote:
Stormalv wrote:
emperor_zola wrote:
Matthias Schoormann should start with the car crash or simply hung himself in the first place. If he wouldn't be dead already I'd kill him in the most painful way. Anyone saw those photos? Only a sick fuck can do this with a woman!

What, you think it would be less terrible if it was done to a man?


because most of the cases the victims are women, my answer might shock you: Yes!
I believe that the women has a very special place in the community, as a mother or wife. They are not able to defend themselves against the violent, and like in this case: the 3 times heavier, stronger males.

Just take a look on the face of this guy. He was suffered from complexes and I'm quite sure he never had sex with a woman. Take a look at the photos too, I'm quite sure he planned some sex with the dead body, but according to the news most probably he was unable to get an erection, or finally realized what he did. I'd mind to send all these guys who suffers from serious metal problems and/or shows any sociopathic signs to a coalmine deep under the surface.
He wrote he hates ppl, then the society should fulfill his needs.

Because most victims are women, it's more tragic when it happens to them? Why? What's the logic? Is it more tragic if straight people die than gay people, because they get killed more often? I don't get it.

Women are sometimes able to defend themselves, sometimes don't. It's the same as with men. I actually don't see why that makes it more tragic either, people get killed, my emotions don't change to think it's more tragic if they couldn't defend themselves. If anything, I guess it would be the other way around. If the victim had the chance to get out alive, but just barely didn't make it, that's extra sad.

The rest of the post is just your assumptions based on his appearance, and I don't see how it's much relevant.
_________________
My band's myspace profile:

www.myspace.com/mortiferiaofficial

Top
 Profile  
EntilZha
Retired

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 2119
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:29 am 
 

I just found out that I was wrong and that Karathorn did play on the full-length, he left right after it was recorded. I was confused because he wasn't part of any live performance promoting the album (and I can identify no backing vocals of his on the album).
_________________
Join my awesome last.fm groups: -1- / -2- / -3-

Top
 Profile  
kimiwind
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:45 am
Posts: 486
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:37 am 
 

EntilZha wrote:
I just found out that I was wrong and that Karathorn did play on the full-length, he left right after it was recorded. I was confused because he wasn't part of any live performance promoting the album (and I can identify no backing vocals of his on the album).

I pretty much suspected that! I listened to the album earlier, kinda good stuff though. Lame this shitty humain been got to be involved on it.

Top
 Profile  
EntilZha
Retired

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 2119
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:40 am 
 

It does not matter who plays bass, Iwein and Galeff have always been the creative minds and driving force behind Carpe Noctem.
_________________
Join my awesome last.fm groups: -1- / -2- / -3-

Top
 Profile  
peterlang
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 6:22 am
Posts: 231
Location: Hungary
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:42 am 
 

EntilZha wrote:
peterlang wrote:
EntilZha wrote:
Or you might just admit that you know zero about the case or the persons involved, and are simply hijacking this thread to promote your political beliefs.


Actually he was asked about it. And I'm sure he has better mediums to spread his "political views" (not that it has anything to do with politics) than a hidden topic on a music-oriented forum.

He was not asked about it, he was confronted about it, as Stormalv likely suspected the (obvious) implication of women being weak and helpless creatures. And yes, it does have something to do with politics. He implied that punishment for crimes against women must be higher than crimes against man by law, which makes it political.


This one
Stormalv wrote:
What, you think it would be less terrible if it was done to a man?

looks pretty much as a question to me. He asked his opinion, so he told it. No hijacking here. (Or if there's, it's on Stormalv's part.)

Also "likely suspecting" and finding it "obvious" that someone is sexist based on this sentence:
Quote:
Only a sick fuck can do this with a woman!

Is a lie. I mean, seriously? Because he used the word "woman"? That sentence needed a subject and he put "woman" there, so it's obvious that he thinks that women are weaker? Also, he never said anything like women are helpless, and he meant weakness in a physical sense, which - regardless how democratic you are - you cannot deny.

Also he said no thing about controlling it via law or making any difference how women/men should be punished for such crimes. Though you've even put emphasis on the word law, noone - except you - use this word in this thread. You're chasing ghosts.

Top
 Profile  
EntilZha
Retired

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 2119
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:52 am 
 

If you read his entire posts rather than just taking random snippets out of context perhaps you would understand. He did clearly state that a man committing a crime against a woman is a worse offense than committing a crime against a man, because women are inherently unable to defend themselves against men. There's no sweet-talking it by taking sentence fragments out of context, it's written right there. He also mentioned a bit about sending (such) sociopaths into coalmines, which has two possible interpretations: Either it happens on his order through a governing body (law), or he is going to personally chase every sociopath on this planet down and personally escort each and every one of them down into that coalmine. The latter is so absurdly implausible that only the former seems logical. Yes, he did not say it directly, but if it's the only logical interpretation he might as well have said it directly.

This:
peterlang wrote:
and he meant weakness in a physical sense, which - regardless how democratic you are - you cannot deny.

...of course is plain bullshit. That the majority of women today are physically weaker than the majority of men today has nothing to do with the fact that they are women but with the fact that building muscles/strength has a larger emphasis on the male gender in today's culture. In matriarchic cultures it could be just the opposite, because women are not - in no way - inherently weaker than men.
_________________
Join my awesome last.fm groups: -1- / -2- / -3-

Top
 Profile  
peterlang
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 6:22 am
Posts: 231
Location: Hungary
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:27 am 
 

EntilZha wrote:
If you read his entire posts rather than just taking random snippets out of context perhaps you would understand. He did clearly state that a man committing a crime against a woman is a worse offense than committing a crime against a man, because women are inherently unable to defend themselves against men. There's no sweet-talking it by taking sentence fragments out of context, it's written right there. He also mentioned a bit about sending (such) sociopaths into coalmines, which has two possible interpretations: Either it happens on his order through a governing body (law), or he is going to personally chase every sociopath on this planet down and personally escort each and every one of them down into that coalmine. The latter is so absurdly implausible that only the former seems logical. Yes, he did not say it directly, but if it's the only logical interpretation he might as well have said it directly.

This:
peterlang wrote:
and he meant weakness in a physical sense, which - regardless how democratic you are - you cannot deny.

...of course is plain bullshit. That the majority of women today are physically weaker than the majority of men today has nothing to do with the fact that they are women but with the fact that building muscles/strength has a larger emphasis on the male gender in today's culture. In matriarchic cultures it could be just the opposite, because women are not - in no way - inherently weaker than men.


I didn't took random fragments, I left out stuff which was off-topic from this aspect. I also assumed you read the whole post thus I don't need to quote the whole.

Anyways, on the second part: No, you're wrong. Women are weaker because they're women (Ie. female). It has biological and not cultural reasons. Males are stronger not because growing muscles are associated with them, but because they're genetically different. And it's the same in every type of human culture. So call me a sexist but in general women are inherently weaker than men. That doesn't mean they're helpless "creatures", but simply different.

Of course I don't really except you to agree on this (I guess I wouldn't myself), but I'm ending this on my part anyways, since it's getting really off-topic and either you've been exposed to too much "wester propaganda" or it's me who's living on the Balkans/in the past.

Top
 Profile  
EntilZha
Retired

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 2119
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:34 am 
 

No, "western propaganda" spreads the myth of female weakness quite happily. If anything, living in the Eastern Bloc should have taught you that women are as able as men, as this has certainly played part in how the workforce in communist states was organized.
_________________
Join my awesome last.fm groups: -1- / -2- / -3-

Top
 Profile  
emperor_zola
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:22 pm
Posts: 657
Location: Hungary
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:26 am 
 

EntilZha wrote:
...women are as able as men, as this has certainly played part in how the workforce in communist states was organized.


and obviously didn't work!
And think about the female roles and the male roles. These roles Predestinate the differences between the genders since they're born. Have you ever seen (for example) male handball team plays against a female team? Or any mixed gender official sport activity? You know, not fur fun, but for money or gold medal, whatever they play for. That's because of the obvious difference between the genders. Women are less aggressive, and naturally trying to reach the harmony and peace. While the boys/men are usually fight.
My political beliefs would never change my way of thinking about this situation at all. And I personally don't chasing sociopaths, but I wish that the governments are do.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], OzzyApu, roughdraft_zero, theposega and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

  Print view
Jump to:  
cron

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group