Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
thesilentenigma
Puddlemonkey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:11 am 

Machine_Dead wrote:
just discovered these guys: Hereza (from Croatia), similar to Dismember/Demonical/Entrails, good stuff!

Must have now!

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:33 am 

another gems from 2014, for affiliated with the suffering of early Death, Massacre...

Coffinborn from Hungary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeddUWwTl-g

and Morbidity from Bangladesh (yes!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8SJgOjXxa0

"You make it easy."

thesilentenigma
Puddlemonkey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:24 am 

Love that Morbidity!

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:46 am 

Yeah, Morbidity is sick. They remind me of Protector.
I'll have to check out Coffinborn

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:31 pm 

For all of those who are addicted to the old US Florida style, a new band is coming in 2015...

Koroidia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmLEJhL8AmI

"You make it easy."

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:19 pm 

There has been an explosion of stuff in the last few years that could fill this thread, but here are a couple of my favorites from this year.

Mexican death metal, in the vein of Finnish death metal.

Decaying's new album is very good as well, and so is The Last Days of War. Great Hail of Bullets worship, although they are straying away from the mold a little bit on the new album to develop their own style. I particularly like the Van Drunnen screams.

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:31 pm 

some more death metal food for the mind:

- Carnation: This Belgian band might have been mentioned on this forum here and there, but I'm giving there another bump. They play Swedish HM-2 influenced death metal with some hints of Bolt Thrower. Saw them live in january as support of the Skeletal Remains/Morfin show and they sure are able to bring it live. Their debute EP ' Cemetery Of The Insane ' is scheduled for a release end of this month/beginning of March. The album art style looks very familiar... Funny thing is, there's nowhere to be found who the artist is...

- Gruesome: 'Death' worship supergroup with members from Exhumed/Possessed/Malevolent Creation/Derketa. There aren't too many band doing this sort of classic US death metal style (next to maybe Skeletal Remains/Morfin/Rude), so it's good to hear that kind of style too amidst the big Swedeath revival :p From the upcoming album 'Savage Land'

- Omnizide: I came across this band and even though might not fit in this thread. I'd still suggest those who are in need of music in the Necrophobic style. Imo they aren't really 'pure black metal sounding'. They combine classic death metal riffage with raspier black metal sounding vocals. I like it despite its rawness. From 'Death Metal Holocaust' : EDIT: I suddenly realized this is a 2014 release and not a 2015 release, woops...

- Enforcation: another interesting find. From the EP ' Pits Ov Fire And Torment'. I'll let the music do the explaining...

- Bloody Brotherhood: a band that plays a non-HM-2 style version of classic Entombed/Grave. Nice riffage... From 'Ritual Of Blood'

- Dehuman: a band that stick to the more brutal/technical sounding variant of 90s death metal. Some hints of Death, Pestilence, Morbid Angel here and there. Very decent band. I was able to catch them live when they opened for Dead Congregation, and even they're all young guys, they sure know how to play their instruments. I was very positively impressed. From 'Graveyard Of Eden'

- Necrowretch: Another band in the Necrophobic style. Well executed I must say. From 'With Serpents Scourge'

- Nucleus: I brought them up a while back in light for their first EP, but they're back with a new release; a new EP called 'Hegemony'

- Heaving Earth: They just released a new album and it's pretty wicked Hate Eternal/later Morbid Angel worship. From 'Denouncing The Holy Throne'

- Defilementory: their debut album has been out for while now, and even though not everyone may dig them 'd still like to recommend these guys to anyone who lloves a quality 90s Suffocation/Gorguts hybrid. More people need to check this out seriously. Damn underrated... Their album is called 'The Dismal Ascension'

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:11 pm 

some more upcoming releases in the genre:

- Demonical (needs no introduction in this thread...) will be releasing an Ep called 'Black Flesh Redemption'
Spoiler: show

- Maim (back again apparently) will also be releasing a new EP called 'With Dawn Comes Death' a song can be streamed here: https://maimdeathmetal.bandcamp.com/

- Sulphur Aeon will release a new album called 'Gateway To The Antisphere' album art has not been released yet, but they played a new song live

- Tormention is about to release a new album aswell, it's called 'Chaotic Delusions'

- Tribulation is also back with a new album,... 'Children of The Night' it will be called. A song is streaming right here:
http://www.decibelmagazine.com/featured ... -the-dead/

- Ecocide from The Netherlands was also planning to release 'Metamorphosis' this year but line-up issues is causing the band to go on hiatus, so it's not clear if they'll release it soon... teaser:

- The Grotesquery has a new one coming out soon called ' Curse Of The Skinless Bride'

- Undead is a fresh oldschool death metal band signed by Listenable Records. The album is called 'False Prophecies'

- Weak Aside; one of FDA Rekotz newest signings, is set to release 'The Next Offensive' soon. A song can be heard here:
https://soundcloud.com/fda-rekotz/weak- ... ds-of-pain

- Overtorture will be back with 'A Trail Of Death' Preview song here (on facebook): https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=87 ... =2&theater

- Eternal Solstice (that band that was started by ex-members from Sempiternal Deathreign) is releasing a new album called ' Remnants Of Immortality' Listen to a new song here: https://crownofviserys.wordpress.com/20 ... -solstice/

- Zealotry will release 'The Last Witness' this year. No preview yet...

- Harm has released song from the upcoming full-length 'The Evil' no artwork to show yet...

banishedtolive420
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:38 am 

Tribulation really took a strange turn huh

CircleovZaphyan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:01 am 

banishedtolive420 wrote:
Tribulation really took a strange turn huh

A gay one, thats for sure.

Marmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:05 am 

Obscenity - Suffocated Truth is also announced now.. Great

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:31 pm 

I don't recall seeing em in this thread, so forgive me if this is a repeat, but Skelethal from France play a pretty nasty style of Swedeath with some Morrisound-y chunks thrown in to boot.

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:11 am 

new Deserted Fear clip... old death to the bone :headbang:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... SGhwYEdXMk

"You make it easy."

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:20 am 

!! REVOLTING - Cover, tracklist and first song of "Visages Of The Unspeakable" revealed !!

Old school! After 4 albums and 2 EPs, Swedish old school death metallers REVOLTING have finally returned after three years with a new album! "Visages Of The Unspeakable" will thrill purists and make them cry tears of joy!

With today's modern horror sucking beyond redemption and death metal being plagued by rap, emo, and fake boring "brutality", Revolting felt it was time to do a truly PURE and ugly, rotting, putrid Death Metal band for the love of it and to get back to the basics of what all of this madness is about anyway! The spirit of real Death Metal is alive and well, and REVOLTING is keeping the gory tradition going.

Get your first impression of "Visages Of The Unspeakable" by listening to the song "Fathoms Unto Forever", here´s the link: https://soundcloud.com/fda-rekotz/revol ... to-forever

Tracklist " Visages Of The Unspeakable ":

01. Shunned To The Shadows
02. The Whispers Of The Hanged
03. Fathoms Unto Forever
04. Dagger-Clawed Chaos
05. Bloodkurdle
06. Severed And Blessed
07. Riddled With Worms
08. Caverns Of Ancient Horror

"Visages Of The Unspeakable" will be released on May 22nd, 2015 via FDA Rekotz / Soulfood as CD,LP and Download. Presale starts today at http://WWW.FDA-REKOTZ.COM, there will be limited editions and bundles!

More details on the album soon!

REVOLTING online:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Revoltin ... 89?fref=ts

Sounds interesting...

"You make it easy."

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:33 am 

Just save yourself the time and money of listening to/purchasing another fucking Rogga album and listen to this song on repeat.

Last edited by theposega on Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:19 pm 

Entrails have released a new song from their upcoming album 'Obliteration'

artwork:

Last edited by Machine_Dead on Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:33 am 

theposega wrote:
Just save yourself the time and money of listening to/purchasing another fucking Rogga album and listen to this song on repeat.

Excuse me friend if I disappoint you, but I know this song from when "Where No Life Dwells" came out as a masterpiece, consuming my vinyl.

Not all projects or albums involved by Rogga are average, some are extremely excellent (hear Putrevore, Demiurg, The Grotesquery, or Bonegnawer) and I think this new Revolting has a strong potential.

"You make it easy."

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:39 am 

STREAM: https://caligarirecords.bandcamp.com/al ... hable-pyre

ORDER NOW: http://caligarirecords.storenvy.com/

Limited to 150 copies
Pro Tapes / Pro Covers

The phrase ‘death metal from the pits’ takes new meaning upon one listen to ABJVRATION’s abrasive debut EP The Unquenchable Pyre. Enriched by organic production values and enhanced by vast and rich tonalities, The Unquenchable Pyre is a layered work of massive power. Its five carefully crafted cuts envelop the listener in a weird voyage of distress and pessimism and as it advances ABJVRATION finds new ways to entrance the listener via excruciatingly heavy doom passages, distorted and otherworldly voices, spare samples and a death metal narrative that is evolving and obscure.

ABJVRATION is a French band comprised by ex-members of Huata and Funeralium. This is their first recording.

I suggest you guys to give it a spin if you're in putrid death metal like Corpsessed or slow Incantation. Enjoy darkness!

"You make it easy."

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:30 am 

So, seems to have 2 new releases this summer by Kam Lee's BONE GNAWER...

here's a track from the full:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0IWxcH40vo

"You make it easy."

theangelofdeath
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:07 pm 

"Look at me, I'm trying to stealthily promote my own band!"

Last edited by iamntbatman on Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User was banned for this post.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:47 pm 

Next person who comes up with a totally cool band to mention to you guys that you should definitely listen to because they rule but then that band is their own fucking band that they're just sneakily promoting is getting the hammer and a tactical nuke dropped directly on his IP cluster. That shit is seriously in poor taste and is awful, underhanded promotion that's only going to make people laugh at you and never listen to your music.

Let theangelofdeath's forum corpse above serve as a deterrent (unlikely, but one can hope).

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

hmi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:39 am 

This thread can't die! Has anyone mentioned Blaspherian yet? They're my favorite new-ish band by a long shot. They have a lot of Incantation influence, killer riffs, killer tone, excellent vocals, great song writing.

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:48 pm 

I forgot about this thread. I don't consider Nerlich to be very retro or necessarily "old school", but they aren't that far removed from the style. I have seen literally zero discussion of them which is a shame because everything they have done is good. They split up in 2008 but reformed later and have a new EP out called Eternity's Gate:

https://fda-rekotz.bandcamp.com/album/eternitys-gate

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:41 am 

the gods of liquid evil have returned...

The 5th and last finnish Death Metal release on Xtreem Music for 2015 is none other than DESECRESY's 4th album entitled "Stoic Death". Having achieved a very personal and unique style within the heaviest realms of Death Metal with slight Doomy hints, DESECRESY offers a new dose in form of an 8-song album what digs deeper into their own eerie world blending these cryptic melodies with their lo-fi rotting sound that always pleased fans of bands like ABHORRENCE, BOLT THROWER, DERKETA, INCANTATION, ROTTREVORE...

Tracklist for for "Stoic Death" is as follows:

1. Remedies of Wolf's Bane
2. The Work of Anakites
3. Passage to Terminus
4. Abolition of Mind
5. Sanguine Visions
6. Funeral Odyssey
7. Cantillate in Ages Agone
8. Unantropomorph

Release date for "Stoic Death" is set for 1st of November through Xtreem Music. You can visit DESECRESY's official Facebook here: https://goo.gl/thJR74 and you can listen to an exclusive advance track from the album on advance track from the album on the following links:
https://youtu.be/w-cOhkv3OFo
http://soundcloud.com/xtreemmusic

"You make it easy."

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:32 am 

Let's just hope it's better than their last one.

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:05 pm 

New Desecresy is always welcome.
While the last one isn't as good as The Doom Skeptron, I dig it and it still gets regular spins.
Gotta love the theme and consistency of their cover arts too

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:34 am 

what do you guys think?

Be forewarned, the vultures are circling around this grim chapel - the Swedish old guard UNDER THE CHURCH, comprising of members from the iconic Nirvana 2002, have unearthed the latest sepulture "Rabid Armageddon".

With nine tracks of fecal morbid abrasion, UNDER THE CHURCH have truly stepped it up a notch with remarkably catchy hooks and their already recognizable corpse-decaying Death Metal stench soaked throughout the entire album! "Rabid Armageddon" is proof once again that crass-ridden and obscene Swedish Death Metal still is a winning formula and shall eternally reign supreme. Artwork and layout by Mattias Frisk (Ghost, Vanhelgd, Entrapment, Vampire, etc).

TRACK LISTING:
1. Sodomy And Blasphemy
2. Rabid Armageddon
3. Triad Ov Inquisitors
4. Magus
5. Suspended In Gore
6. Walpurgis Night
7. Mangled To A Bloody Mess
8. Penance
9. The Trail Of Cthulu

http://pulverised.bandcamp.com/album/rabid-armageddon

"You make it easy."

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:55 am 

Dat cover... :drool:

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:36 pm 

Damn that cover is sick.
The album better live up to that mouth watering art

joppek
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:29 am 

can't let this thread die :)

worthless does rather nice and catchy osdm worship

titan_v
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:41 pm 

Recently I've discovered a band from Greece called Abyssus.

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:57 pm 

androdion wrote:

Unfortunately it's not.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:08 pm 

I Am the Law wrote:
androdion wrote:

Unfortunately it's not.

I only heard half a song on YT but the guitar tone sounded so so awkward. I guess I'll pass then.

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:50 am 

OSSUAIRE from France is a good discover for me, although the band is active since 2005.
If you like evil old school death metal in the vein of early Morbid Angel, check this out and you will not disappointed.
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ossuaire/65963

Follow are the Nihilistic Holocaust records statement about the reissue of their first demo and where do you find it.

Enjoy the putrid!!!

"Le Troubadour Necrophagéophile"

Initially released as a MCD in 2005, sold out since a long time, and after the rerelease as tape in 2015,
the first recording of OSSUAIRE is now available again as a MCD, with reworked artwork.

Expect four songs of old school Death metal with ferocious moments à la old Morbid Angel,
heavier war patterns à la old Bolt Thrower, barbaric feelings, obscure atmospheres,
and lyrics depicting the horrors and atrocities from the medieval times.

Listen:
http://youtu.be/wbtn-iE--T8
http://youtu.be/ZSvGw7NhkmM

Available against 3,40 Euros + postage from this shop:
http://nihilisticdistro.tictail.com/pro ... ophile-mcd

OSSUAIRE (Which translates as "Ossuary" in english) incarnates old school death metal darkness and brutality, from the depths of France, and emerged from nothingness in a time when few were concerned with the style. Their recordings deserve to approach more carapace souls, and possibly to plant the seed of medieval barbarity.

The underground storms eternally.
G.

gabsk(a)wanadoo.fr
http://nihilistic-webzine-distro.fr

"You make it easy."

gabalgabow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:40 pm 

@The Lions Den:
Thanks for the support!
http://nihilistic-webzine-distro.fr

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:23 am 

directly from the F.D.A. Rekotz deathcamp...

++FATALIST - artwork + track listing + first song++

„THE BITTER END“ is the albumtitle, FATALIST is the band !

Hailing from California/USA the Swe-Death Metal worshippers are back with their first „real“ album. Remember, the debut „The Depths Of Inhumanity“ included just re-recorded demo songs.

On „The Bitter End“ you'll enjoy very brutal, authentic and catchy Death Metal with passion in the vein of DISMEMBER, NIHILIST/ early ENTOMBED and the other good old ones from the end 80's, early 90's Swedish scene. Listen to „The Bitter End“ , close your eyes and hit the train to a journey back in time, full of filth, blood, leather, spikes and rotten Death Metal tunes !

Artwork by Skirill/ Macabre Dark Art.

„The Bitter End“ will be out 9/23/16 on CD/Download and 10/28/16 on LP by FDA Rekotz/ Soulfood Music !

PRESALE starts August 24th. at high noon !!

Do you wanna listen a song from "The Bitter End" ? Ok well, here you go:

https://soundcloud.com/neil-burkdoll/fa ... tion-final

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgNPCmc ... e=youtu.be

Track listing:
1. Aberration
2. Bloodfest
3. Coloured Red
4. Devoured
5. Fear Of Death
6. A Hollowed Shell Of The Body
7. In Diluted Thoughts
8. Suicidal Aftermath
9. Symphony Of Chaos
10. The Bitter End
11. Tortured Existence

FATALIST online:
https://www.facebook.com/fatalistband

SKIRILL online:
https://www.facebook.com/MacabreDarkArt/

FDA REKOTZ online:
http://www.fda-rekotz.com[/quote]

"You make it easy."

scentofdeath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:31 am 

Bump for very good thread.

More suggestions please!

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:51 am 

This year is for sure the death metal year and of course the OSDM flame is still burning... so go and check out:

Rude "Remnants..." Florida worship sound but so original
Resurgency "No Worlds nor Gods beyond" reminiscence of Imperial Doom here
Undergang "Misantropology" early Carcass and Autopsy putrid filth
Firespawn "The reprobate" LG Petrov never growl so hard these days, Stockholm sound at its best

Upcoming
The Lurking Fear "Out of the voiceless grave" Tompa goes evil (again), check out this swedish H-Bomb supergroup, Grotesque under Autopsy steroid
Discreation "End of days" mittle Europe old school vibe
Desecresy "The mortal horizon" finnish ambient death/doom, hypnotic and Lovecraftian abyss
Incantation "Profane Nexus" no words needed here

"You make it easy."

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7