Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Schmengie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:49 am 

Who else pre-ordered it, was extremely hyped, listened to it (or is currently listening to it), and wasn't in the least disappointed? I don't know about anyone else, but this has got to be the best synthesised orchestra I've ever heard. Moreover, as industrial death metal, it hits quite a bit harder than most music that I've heard that incorporates strings and brass of any kind.

It's so goddamned epic that I have yet to pick out any stand-out tracks: they're all amazing so far.

I believe it was Confucius who said "Life is merely a series of intervals in which one waits for the next Agalloch album."

Last edited by Schmengie on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:38 am 

Never heard of them before, but I just listened to a few tracks on youtube, and WOW. This is really great stuff. I will be buying this.

Schmengie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:15 am 

ThePoop wrote:
Never heard of them before, but I just listened to a few tracks on youtube, and WOW. This is really great stuff. I will be buying this.

You have made a most wise decision. Enjoy and cherish. \m/

Finding them was completely a matter of chance for me. I was using the J. River Media Center's Play Doctor with Last.fm one night at low volume to give me some background music while I tried to fall asleep when an amazingly epic song of origins unbeknownst to me at the time happened to come on. It was enough to rouse me from my attempted slumber and check to see what this incredible material was, and I found it to be their song, "Anti-Theist." I made a mental note to look it up on Youtube at work the next day and the rest is history.

Many thanks to audio scrobbling! \m/

I believe it was Confucius who said "Life is merely a series of intervals in which one waits for the next Agalloch album."

Schmengie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:29 am 

After repeated listens, I am calling "Elephtheria" my favourite track off the album. It is literally a perfect rendition of everything Mechina have going for them, and then some. \m/

The follow-up, titular track, is probably a close second, though I think it may be tied with "Anathema." I don't know, the album is still too much awesome to analyse at the moment...

Schmengie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:06 am 

Added Youtube hyperlinks to the post above for the curious, yet lazier listeners, such as myself. :P

Reply to topic