Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:04 pm 

So you said "FUCK YOU Dad!" Then went alone?

tronics
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:50 am 

EnemyofLight wrote:
Nile, Decapitated

Caught both these guys one night, wasn't very impressed with Nile at all, although I'd been listening to them for ages. I'd probably see them again though, give them another chance. I was distracted when they were playing, and just really wanted them to wrap it up so I could see Decap, who kicked arse, btw. (sorry for rubbing it in)

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:40 am 

I will NEVER forgive myself for missing Urgehal when they were headlining pretty much down the street from me. It somehow slipped my notice and I found out they were here a couple weeks later. Since then I've been waiting for them to come back and then Trondr died this year... I get pissed everytime I think about this... like right now

Also missed Horna, they said they would be back someday, a Horna/Sargeist tour would be amazing.

The USA generally sucks when it comes to awesome black metal shows, we have to take what little we can get.

Gelal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:29 pm 

I could have gone to see Judas Priest with Accept and Blind Guardian as the opening acts. My friends decided not to go, and I didn't want to go alone. Yes, I know, I'm an idiot.

Classy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:19 pm 

I missed the Type O Negative/Celtic Frost tour several years ago because I was in jail. Yeah, I suck.

ManicAeon
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:22 am 

I missed Lacuna Coil and The Gathering because I thought I was too young (I'm 16 now) to go and that my parents wouldn't let me. Now I definitely find myself stupid for not at least have tried to attend. Then (after I started attending metal concerts) I missed MaYaN because I thought they weren't good enough and then regretted.

Since then now I go to every concert that I feel like I should and that has been working so far. I went to Therion's 25th Aniversary concert and had one of the best moments of my life though when I first knew about it I wasn't excited at all.

Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:47 am 

Sick6Six wrote:
Also missed Horna, they said they would be back someday, a Horna/Sargeist tour would be amazing.

I missed Sargeist once, which I was very saddened about, but later I heard mixed comments about their live performances. I suppose they're like Horna in that some of their shows are mindblowing and some are little more than by the numbers. From my experience, Horna clearly isn't made for open air stages.

Horna is interesting in that in their live performance, they can sometimes make the songs you're not at all enthusiastic about sound very good. I really don't like Kuoleva Lupaus, but it's pretty good live.

Commandaunt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:25 am 

Septic flesh, inquisition, krissiun, melechesh, ex deo.
Makes me sick that I missed septic flesh and inquisition on the same bill, especially now seeing as they're all I've been listening to the past couple months. I could go see Inquisition with Marduk and Moonspell soon but I can't justify spending traveling/merch/ticket prices just to see one band (as awesome as they are) right now. That and Marduk & Moonspell bore the fuck out of me.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:18 am 

Commandaunt wrote:
Septic flesh, inquisition, krissiun, melechesh, ex deo.
Makes me sick that I missed septic flesh and inquisition on the same bill, especially now seeing as they're all I've been listening to the past couple months. I could go see Inquisition with Marduk and Moonspell soon but I can't justify spending traveling/merch/ticket prices just to see one band (as awesome as they are) right now. That and Marduk & Moonspell bore the fuck out of me.

Dude you fucked up. I was thinking this morning how awesome it was to see these bands live in one night together. You SERIOUSLY missed out on good sets.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

pale_horse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:32 am 

That tour is coming here in Feb & I'd have to do some serious work schedule finagling in order to go. 'd really like to see Inquisition, though.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4