Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
DeathspellDelta
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:57 am 

The impression I am getting so far is that, anything I could have appreciated has been brutally butchered by the shitty production. Why a capable band such as this would fuck up the production so badly is a mystery to me.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:15 am 

I couldn't even get past the second half of the first song. It just bums me out in a weirdly depressing way. As someone already said it's just weirdness for the sake of being weird.. I'm not even that bothered by the production, I'm all for original production, but the songs themselves are sub par and soulless, and this kind of production really accentuates that. I will definitly listen to the rest of the songs at some point, or atleast attempt to do so, but as it stands it's a disappointing mess. Especially the vocals.

wEEman33
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:23 pm 

Deathstalker1985 wrote:
its not like !T.O.O.H.! ever had good vocals to begin with, they have always been terrible.

El wrongo.

First two albums have amazing vocals.

This new garbage is just a European guy talking in a low monotone.

VaderCrush
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:28 pm 

Haha, I've never seen excitement turn to horror so fast.

Deathstalker1985
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:16 pm 

wEEman33 wrote:
Deathstalker1985 wrote:
its not like !T.O.O.H.! ever had good vocals to begin with, they have always been terrible.

El wrongo.

First two albums have amazing vocals.

This new garbage is just a European guy talking in a low monotone.

I can't say I agree, the vocals are very grating to the ears. especially on the first two albums, I never listened to !T.O.O.H.! for the vocals though

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:20 pm 

I'd agree that the vocals are awful across the TOOH board. I remember hearing Rad a Trest and laughing at how bad they were. Just heard "Pravo" and it was amazingly bad, too.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:38 pm 

Yeah, the vocals were always a bit "strained" if I may call them that. I find though that they fit the kind of music they've created on the first three albums. Plus, I'm quite the sucker for some Czech weirdness.

The vocals on this one however... :puke:

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:25 pm 

Wait, there are people who don't like !T.O.O.H.!'s screaming? :???: That's the first I've heard of that... I always loved their screams, honestly, to me they sound much more unique and emotional than your average everyday extreme metal vocals.

HamburgerBoy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:57 pm 

The vocals on Rad a Trest are easily one of the highlights of that album for me. Really intense and passionate and a nice change from a plethora of generic death metal growlers. "Strained", yes, but not in the sense of "He's trying to hit a certain note but can't" strained. The vocals on the new album are pretty laughable, though, and not comparable at all to those previous.

wEEman33
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:11 pm 

The 9th track on this new CD is a remake of "Konec Kontinentálního Kontejneru," which was the 3rd track on "Order and Punishment."

Just listen to the new version, then compare it to the old one, and it's amazing how far the production quality and vocal quality have fallen.

Edit: It gets even worse on tracks 10, 11 and 12, which are all shit remakes of classic older tunes.

Last edited by wEEman33 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
wEEman33
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:14 pm 

HamburgerBoy wrote:
The vocals on Rad a Trest are easily one of the highlights of that album for me. Really intense and passionate and a nice change from a plethora of generic death metal growlers. "Strained", yes, but not in the sense of "He's trying to hit a certain note but can't" strained. The vocals on the new album are pretty laughable, though, and not comparable at all to those previous.

Even "Order and Punishment" is a step down in vocal quality from their first two albums.

But I'll take that mediocre 2005 performance over the complete crap they've recorded for vocals on "Democratic Solution."

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:26 pm 

Honestly, I don't get the complaints about the "production" of the album. That's pretty much exactly how it's intended to sound. :scratch: It's not like it's super-shittily mixed or anything, I'm pretty sure it's just the synthesized-sounding guitars in and of themselves that you guys are taking issue with. Producing won't change the sound of those.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3