Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
suleiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:40 am 

MalignantThrone wrote:
Alright, fully rested. Let's take a look at suleiman's post.
suleiman wrote:
they make Necrophagist sound like Judas Preist

Very debatable. They sound about equal in terms of technicality to me, at least, or you could argue that Necrophagist uses more of it but in a less flashy manner than Rings of Saturn.
suleiman wrote:
its all weddly widdly wooo widdly growl widdly woo

Nope. Embryonic Anomaly has a fair amount of little bits of noodling, but to say it's all that is stupid because there are plenty of "normal" riffs integrated into the music. And Dingir doesn't even have that much noodling at all - it's pretty damn riffy.
suleiman wrote:
despite hearing the whole thing twice i was unable to remebr ANYTHING from their debut

You're either exaggerating here or you have amnesia, because Embryonic Anomaly has plenty of moments that'll stick with you if you give them a chance.
suleiman wrote:
i would take Brain Drill or even Beneath the Massacre over this anyday...

That's personal preference, I guess, but you word your post as if you're implying that Beneath the Massacre are more technical than Brain Drill... :???:

Point by point :

necrophagist sounded quite old school compared to this...it was technical yes, it had wankery yes, but it still sounded like a death METAL album.....that is what i meant

to ME, the frist album did woud like pure widdly all the way..and the ecerpts fo the second ditto

i honestly dont remember anything from the debut except some the art and part of the concept...NOTHING from the music

i actually prefre brain drill's frist EP and debut album to anything of beneath the massacre and i was definitely not implying anything in terms of technicality...you were reading wrong

like a lot of other people have mentioned : these guys are great players technically but they need to write some metal SONGS to really get somewhere

in the end, you are right it is all personal opinion and opinion

i have been enjoying techncial progressive extreme metal since the days of cynic and atheist to the days of converge and DEP (yeah yeah i know its core) to bands like Origin and Braindrill

this just doesnt click at all

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:28 pm 

Good enough dissection. I still think there are a few oustanding moments like the end of Immaculate Order and the middle part of Dingir. Also Utopia kicks ass. I couldn't help but notice how many people on youtube agreed with me that this song sounds like a later stage them from an old Sonic the Hedgehog game. One reason the tone is just so killer.

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:08 pm 

Listened to one song. Didn't change my mind at all about them, they're still one of my most hated bands in metal. Awful Brain Drill-meets-I Declare War garbage that's even worse live, with a bunch of obnoxious little pricks for members who, according to Travis Ryan, act as douchey as they look. And they're one of the douchiest-looking bands I've ever seen.

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:02 am 

New album was pretty fucking awesome. Doesn't hit as hard as the debut (missing those huge breakdowns/grooves) but as far as tech death go it's stellar stuff. I'm usually not into this style of metal but Rings of Saturn does it right.
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

Scourge441
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:25 am 

This band embodies everything I hate to hear in a metal band. Pointless noodling, generic chug riffs, ADHD songwriting, and terribad, sterile production. It's a clusterfuck of awful.

Bruce500
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:03 am 

They've got some really good sound going on, although I must say that while I love tech death, I couldn't really get into this one. I don't know, I just didn't think there was enough structure to the songs. I didn't hear the entire album, and what I did hear was good, but I didn't notice any patterns in the riffing, which kinda kills it for me. Can anyone suggest to me some of the better songs of the album? I'm sure it's gone some good ones, all albums do.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:43 am 

Yeah, the songs on this are jumbled messes. The drum tone is obnoxious as fuck, the chugging tone is weird as hell and the breakdowns are mostly too fast and djenty to hit as hard as on the debut (with one exception in the first song). The vocalist sounds like he's just growling over the weedling almost at random, with no regards to rhythm or being memorable in any way. As for the riffs themselves, none stand out. The most you get are 10 second sections where you go "hey, that was kind of cool". I'll take the debut over this any day.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3