Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Zdan
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:05 pm
Posts: 2288
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:27 pm 
 

An additional question - does this look like an original Iron Maiden "Killers" Black Triangle series japanese CD?

Image

Image

Image

Top
 Profile  
Zdan
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:05 pm
Posts: 2288
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:46 am 
 

Nobody could help me with that Iron Maiden disc but maybe there some who could help identify one of the biggest rarities in metal CD's - Angel Dust's "Into The Dark Past"?

So - is this CD a bootleg?

Image

Image

Image

Image

Top
 Profile  
Asti78
Metalhead

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 5:52 am
Posts: 1411
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:07 pm 
 

From the first view I would say original, but it would help more to have a full picture from the matrix number taken from above the and not in that specific angle
_________________
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

Top
 Profile  
Zdan
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:05 pm
Posts: 2288
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:13 am 
 

Here are two additional photos:

Image

Image

Should be good enough :)

Top
 Profile  
mini0312
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:57 pm
Posts: 2
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:04 pm 
 

yes, that is original one. i don't think bootleg CD of the edition does exist.

Zdan wrote:
An additional question - does this look like an original Iron Maiden "Killers" Black Triangle series japanese CD?


Top
 Profile  
blackmantram
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:51 pm
Posts: 971
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:26 pm 
 

Does anyone know anything about foteresse russian bootlegs? These three sellers here look really suspicious (https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/3044140?ev=rb).
Not that I ever buy from russian sellers of course, but I stumbled upon a copy of it where I live and it's sealed, which is kind of fishy, I just want to know how the russian version looks like.

Top
 Profile  
corpofechado
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:33 am
Posts: 1
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:35 am 
 

I AM IN DESPERATE NEED TO LISTEN TO THE BAND LAST EVE:

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/L ... sia/171525

LAST EVE - REMEMBER (FROM ATHANASIA ALBUM)


THIS SONG SAVED MY LIFE WHEN I WAS YOUNG AND I CAN NEVER FIND IT...
ANY HINTS? ANYONE? PLEASE... THANK YOU

Top
 Profile  
Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Posts: 606
Location: Asheville area, NC, US
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:58 pm 
 

I think my copy of Helmet’s Strap It On (https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/H ... t_On/13725) is a fake.

I think this because one of the tracks is listed on the back and inside sleeve as “Bad Moon”, when the actual name of the song is “Bad Mood”. Maybe it’s a printing error, but the pictures of the vinyl that I’ve seen have the exact same jacket art and the third track has its proper name.

Here are images of my CD and its case (sorry I couldn’t figure out the image tag):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iHpvB1 ... p=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nAZ4Aj ... p=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lrTRTF ... p=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tWl7D0 ... p=drivesdk

Can someone help me out with identifying this, please?
_________________
kingnuuuur wrote:
Pretty soon you might find bands like Torsofuck citing BastardHead as an influence.

Top
 Profile  
thesilentenigma
Puddlemonkey

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:22 pm
Posts: 694
Location: In a pocket full of posies
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:06 am 
 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
I think my copy of Helmet’s Strap It On (https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/H ... t_On/13725) is a fake.

I think this because one of the tracks is listed on the back and inside sleeve as “Bad Moon”, when the actual name of the song is “Bad Mood”. Maybe it’s a printing error, but the pictures of the vinyl that I’ve seen have the exact same jacket art and the third track has its proper name.

Here are images of my CD and its case (sorry I couldn’t figure out the image tag):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iHpvB1 ... p=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nAZ4Aj ... p=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lrTRTF ... p=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tWl7D0 ... p=drivesdk

Can someone help me out with identifying this, please?


Not fake
_________________
Warning: User may contain traces of nuts

Top
 Profile  
Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Posts: 606
Location: Asheville area, NC, US
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:36 am 
 

thesilentenigma wrote:
Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
I think my copy of Helmet’s Strap It On (https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/H ... t_On/13725) is a fake.

I think this because one of the tracks is listed on the back and inside sleeve as “Bad Moon”, when the actual name of the song is “Bad Mood”. Maybe it’s a printing error, but the pictures of the vinyl that I’ve seen have the exact same jacket art and the third track has its proper name.

Here are images of my CD and its case (sorry I couldn’t figure out the image tag):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iHpvB1 ... p=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nAZ4Aj ... p=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lrTRTF ... p=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tWl7D0 ... p=drivesdk

Can someone help me out with identifying this, please?


Not fake

Wow... must really be a printing error then. Thanks for the reply!
_________________
kingnuuuur wrote:
Pretty soon you might find bands like Torsofuck citing BastardHead as an influence.

Top
 Profile  
infested
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:21 am
Posts: 50
Location: France
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:22 pm 
 

https://archiwum.allegro.pl/oferta/decapitated-winds-cd-1wyd-zachodnie-a313-i7169503333.html

Hi, does anyone know if it's a bootleg version, thanks.
_________________
Tradelist

Top
 Profile  
Zeveenty
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:45 am
Posts: 2
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:35 am 
 

So, recently I bought Into Glory Ride by Manowar. CD works fine, but lyrics on booklet didn't match.
https://imgur.com/a/CJP9kXM
I figure it out, that lyrics are from Hail to England. Does anyone knows anything about it?

Top
 Profile  
demonomania
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:44 am
Posts: 506
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:09 pm 
 

Xtreem Records is selling CD copies of Black Sabbath's "Tyr," which seems very hard to find in the US. Anyone know if it is legit/other places to find it?
_________________
Your god will fail, and you will be DEAD.

"Everyone welcome back the Hoffman brothers, a new beginning for great guitarists and people."

Top
 Profile  
DigitalDictator
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:41 pm
Posts: 27
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:38 am 
 

Hi, I noticed that some bootlegs for Angel Witch’s Frontal Assault and Screeming Bleeding have recently shown up on ebay and discogs... does anyone have heard them?? I generally hate bootlegs but this could be the only way to complete their discography on cd.

Top
 Profile  
rooster85
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:52 am
Posts: 92
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:20 am 
 

Is this version of DRI - Crossover legit?

https://www.discogs.com/Dirty-Rotten-Im ... se/9723518

Discogs says that this was released in 1994, but... there's a web address on the back cover. Also the matrix: D.R.I./CROSSOVER/10833 looks a little bit weird to me.

Top
 Profile  
drobowik
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:33 pm
Posts: 429
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:30 am 
 

Agree, looks strange, but hard to say anything not seeing matrix itself.


rooster85 wrote:
Is this version of DRI - Crossover legit?

https://www.discogs.com/Dirty-Rotten-Im ... se/9723518

Discogs says that this was released in 1994, but... there's a web address on the back cover. Also the matrix: D.R.I./CROSSOVER/10833 looks a little bit weird to me.

Top
 Profile  
Lane
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 11:54 am
Posts: 495
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 8:38 am 
 

^^

Checking out the label and it looks legit.

https://rateyourmusic.com/label/rotten_records/

Top
 Profile  
Oxenkiller
Veteran

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:42 am
Posts: 2967
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:56 pm 
 

Quick question for the staff?

What is the deal with the Morbid Angel "Thy Kingdom Come/Abominations" 7" single?

It was released on a small indie label and had a picture of the three crucified corpses on the front and a picture of Alister Crowley on the reverse.
It's not listed in the discography; it has the cassette demo with three songs but not the 7" vinyl.
Was this an official release or an, uh, not sanctioned release? I'm certainly not about to suggest adding it either way (I'd assume it would be there if it was totally legit.) I saw this in a record shop way back in the day and bought it; it was right around the time "Altars of Madness" came out, but the record has a much tinnier, low-fi production than the full length.

Top
 Profile  
MetlaNZ
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:45 pm
Posts: 961
Location: Lost in Necropolis
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:17 am 
 

Oxenkiller wrote:
Quick question for the staff?

What is the deal with the Morbid Angel "Thy Kingdom Come/Abominations" 7" single?

It was released on a small indie label and had a picture of the three crucified corpses on the front and a picture of Alister Crowley on the reverse.
It's not listed in the discography; it has the cassette demo with three songs but not the 7" vinyl.
Was this an official release or an, uh, not sanctioned release? I'm certainly not about to suggest adding it either way (I'd assume it would be there if it was totally legit.) I saw this in a record shop way back in the day and bought it; it was right around the time "Altars of Madness" came out, but the record has a much tinnier, low-fi production than the full length.

Is this what you're looking for?
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/M ... ome/122951
In the additional notes:
"The 2 songs were already published before on the demo tape "Thy Kingdom Come" but the versions on this single are remixed."

Top
 Profile  
Oxenkiller
Veteran

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:42 am
Posts: 2967
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:43 pm 
 

^Yes, that's the one; the regular discography only lists the cassette with the 3 songs and not the record; you have to click on "Other Versions" apparently, to see it, so that's why I didn't see it listed there.

Top
 Profile  
MetlaNZ
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:45 pm
Posts: 961
Location: Lost in Necropolis
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:40 pm 
 

^Such a cool demo. It's a shame Morbid Angel haven't released a comp with all of their rare stuff from the 80s. There's got to be a market for it. I had to go down Bootleg Rd to get it unfortunately.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: An Ferbasach, DarthVenom, Empyreal, frostjunkie, Google [Bot], Metalhead_In_Minny, Prairieshadow, wildcard and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

  Print view
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group