Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Bachstein
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:34 am 

I saw some topics where you can ask for lyric translation, for example from Dutch to English, or from Russian to English, but there is no general topic for this kind of translations. I thought it would be a good idea that you could post here any kind of metal lyrics in any language and maybe someone will take care of it to translate it to English.
For exmaple, I can do translations from Hungarian to English, if anyone is interested.

If I made a mistake and such topic does exist, please close this one and redirect me to the other one. :)

raumr
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:36 am 

I tried to turn the Russian one into a general thread, but it didn't really take off, so I support this second attempt! :)

I am a native Norwegian and Icelandic speaker, and I am quite confident in Swedish and Danish as well. I sometimes translate back and forth for fun, so I am more than happy to take requests.

Bachstein
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:36 am 

raumr wrote:
I tried to turn the Russian one into a general thread, but it didn't really take off, so I support this second attempt! :)

I am a native Norwegian and Icelandic speaker, and I am quite confident in Swedish and Danish as well. I sometimes translate back and forth for fun, so I am more than happy to take requests.

Nice to hear that. In this case, I'd like to snatch the opportunity and ask you whether you could do some translation regarding Auðn's latest album? Basically I'm interested in all of the lyrics. (Google translate might did a decent and fair work with that, but still, there were some silly idioms, which I'm sure were translated wrong.)

DecemberSoul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:53 am 

I'm willing to translate Swiss German to English should there ever be a demand for that. This is obviously a minor contribution yet can be useful for as long as Google translator et.al. don't know how to deal with a language that doesn't have an official orthography.

Reply to topic