Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:50 am 

Vom Fetisch der Unbeirrtheit - Vertilger

Already released, but I am familiar only with the sample which is pretty sick, think of late Dodheimsgard. I really like it.
http://www.cvltnation.com/vom-fetisch-d ... er-review/

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:54 pm 

Nocturnal Depression - L’isolement

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:24 pm 

Not sure if the new Aurora Borealis will be late '13 or early '14, but he released the (freaking awesome) album art today. In a continuing trend in metal recently, the font isn't the best. The art, however, is splendid.
Spoiler: show

He says he's at the mixing stage, too. AB is kind of an acquired taste, mainly because of the vocals, and, despite Ron Vento being a professional producer, the production jobs on the albums can be a bit ... odd. Maybe it's a stylistic choice; they sometimes sound heavily artificial. For whatever reason, though, I always look forward to new stuff from the band.

SleepingStar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:20 am 

So....new albums from Gehenna and Oranssi Pazuzu - anyone got any thoughts on them?

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:03 pm 

Really don't get the buzz behind Oranssi Pazuzu. I get they're trying to do the whole psychedelic bm thing but there's no cohesion within/between the songs and it just comes across as different for the sake of being different instead of doing something really unique.

vengefulgoat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:13 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
Really don't get the buzz behind Oranssi Pazuzu. I get they're trying to do the whole psychedelic bm thing but there's no cohesion within/between the songs and it just comes across as different for the sake of being different instead of doing something really unique.

It's just one of the bands from the mix black metal and x trend that typical hipster BM fan will swallow just after reading genre / music description. It doesn't require much knowledge about black metal to expect a band playing psychedelic black metal "that invites all the arsonists and smokers to hold hands" to be most likely useless, but for some reason people react to it opposite way.

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:47 pm 

Hail of Bullets The Rommel Chronicles sounds like it might be marginally better than Divine Winds, not saying it'll top of Frost and War, but i'm definitely liking Swoop of the Falcon better than any track off their last album.

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:35 pm 

I really liked the previous efforts of Oranssi Pazuzu, but the new one really didn't do much for me, I mean, it's still got that surf rock black metalised vibe and cool tribal rhythms which can be pretty addictive, but I was never really impressed by it and it never got me to that "holy shit this is awesome/insane/genius" level, only some enjoyable enough headnodding.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:18 am 

I actually like the new Oranssi Pazuzu more than their second album. It's more focused and streamlined, while their second album has some dead in the water moments like the long ambient track. It's also way to long for it's own good. Valonielu fixed this with more to the point songwriting and excellent pacing.

Necessitarian
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:37 am 

I was a bit disappointed by the new Oranssi Pazuzu as well. Mainly because I really liked the first song I heard from it and the other ones simply didn't measure up.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:10 pm 

OneSizeFitzpatrick wrote:
Hail of Bullets The Rommel Chronicles sounds like it might be marginally better than Divine Winds, not saying it'll top of Frost and War, but i'm definitely liking Swoop of the Falcon better than any track off their last album.

In some ways I'd call it their best album. Then again I love all their work. ..Of Frost and War has some epic atmosphere and feel to go along with the amazing riffs. I sure love the 'most parts' on Rommel Chronicles and the production is once again top of it's game. Fantastic album.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19