Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives
https://forum.metal-archives.com/

Summoning the Swedish Black Reapers
https://forum.metal-archives.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=94654
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Perlascar [ Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:06 am ]
Post subject:  Summoning the Swedish Black Reapers

Summoning the waves of CLASSICAL Swedish Melodic Death Metal to return.

I want bands like early Sacrilege GBG,Dissection or Gates of Ishtar etc. to return,I want true Swedish scene to return.

Will the scene come back ?

Fuck off modern melodic death metal.

Author:  Metantoine [ Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Summoning the Swedish Black Reapers

Dissection might not come back, I'm not quite sure though.

Author:  DaBuddha [ Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Summoning the Swedish Black Reapers

Last I heard the Dissection reunion will happen in the summer of 2013. I believe, and don't quote me on this, that they are playing alongside Mayhem's reunion with Dead and Euronymous.

Author:  Zodijackyl [ Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Summoning the Swedish Black Reapers

Metantoine wrote:
Dissection might not come back, I'm not quite sure though.


Worse, they could come back and have Tomas Asklund produce an album.

Author:  PDS [ Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Summoning the Swedish Black Reapers

Speaking of Tomas, when Dissection reforms, I heard Grim will be then taking over Drums for Gorgoroth after an almost 20 year hiatus


But seriously, we could always wish.

Author:  w0Lf [ Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Summoning the Swedish Black Reapers

Sacramentum is certainly the best of Sweden's dark, flowing, melodic metal bands.

Author:  iAm [ Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Summoning the Swedish Black Reapers

Grave have been touring with Morbid Angel recently... I'm incredibly jealous of a friend of mine who got the chance to see them. In the meantime you'll just have to live with the likes of the mighty Undergang and Miasmal.

Author:  PhilosophicalFrog [ Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Summoning the Swedish Black Reapers

This is not the best topic....but it's amazing to see that someone from China is clamoring about the glory days of the Swedish metal scene, pining for the old-school sound. Only in an artform like metal could do that :lol: it's almost like studying classical art, where people from all over the world have particular forms they love best and want to see them again.

Author:  Perlascar [ Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Summoning the Swedish Black Reapers

Metantoine wrote:
Dissection might not come back, I'm not quite sure though.

I said the "scene" ,not the bands .

Author:  Ilwhyan [ Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Summoning the Swedish Black Reapers

Perlascar wrote:
Metantoine wrote:
Dissection might not come back, I'm not quite sure though.

I said the "scene" ,not the bands .

It's almost equally unlikely. Why hasn't a scene like the Norwegian second wave come again despite the widespread worship of Under the Sign of Hell and De Mysteriis Dom Satanas? Why aren't there even individual albums like them, even though it has been almost two decades since?

Author:  peterott [ Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Summoning the Swedish Black Reapers

Perlascar wrote:
Summoning the waves of CLASSICAL Swedish Melodic Death Metal to return.

I want bands like early Sacrilege GBG,Dissection or Gates of Ishtar etc. to return,I want true Swedish scene to return.

Will the scene come back ?

Fuck off modern melodic death metal.


And? There are at least 300 Melodic DM albums out there, 2/3 from Sweden,
1/3 from other bands that might suit you. Do you have them all, like first Skymning,
First and second Dark Fortress and so on? All the No Fashion, Near Dark, X-treme
and Invasion stuff?

The scene was overloaded with Melodic DM in late 90es so that a lot of releases went
under the radar. There is no need for having a release overkill again and again.

Author:  ENKC [ Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Summoning the Swedish Black Reapers

A Dissection reunion would almost be worth going to Hell for. I suspect Jon isn't chilling out in Heaven these days.

Author:  LifeDemise [ Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Summoning the Swedish Black Reapers

peterott wrote:
Perlascar wrote:
Summoning the waves of CLASSICAL Swedish Melodic Death Metal to return.

I want bands like early Sacrilege GBG,Dissection or Gates of Ishtar etc. to return,I want true Swedish scene to return.

Will the scene come back ?

Fuck off modern melodic death metal.


And? There are at least 300 Melodic DM albums out there, 2/3 from Sweden,
1/3 from other bands that might suit you. Do you have them all, like first Skymning,
First and second Dark Fortress and so on? All the No Fashion, Near Dark, X-treme
and Invasion stuff?

The scene was overloaded with Melodic DM in late 90es so that a lot of releases went
under the radar. There is no need for having a release overkill again and again.


Pretty much this.

Also, Wrong Again Records had a few melodic death metal bands

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/