Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Baroque1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:40 pm 

They released a killer abum in 2012, Being and Nothingness, one of the best progressive thrash albums in years. Then all went silent. There have been no facebook updates since the album's release. No web updates of any kind. No merch. All of their shows were canceled.

Did they break up?

Are they in different bands now? If so which ones?

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:50 pm 

This is pure speculation, but I would guess it has something to do with Carlos Cruz moving to Warbringer. He's no longer in the band, but he was on Being and Nothingness, and the sound of the new Warbringer song indicates that he might have had some influence on both bands so far. Also, it looks like they brought in a member of Merciless Death to replace him, and MD is also somewhat slow to update fans about what is going on.

I actually really didn't like the new album, but the first one is still a great record.

Baroque1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:16 pm 

Really? It's one of those albums I can't get enough of. They really have something (or nothing as it were) to say. Great melodicism combined with the harsh vocals. Check out the last track Nocturne, or Defcon Rising if you feel like giving it another chance.

That makes sense, I remember some rumbling about them changing drummers. And how they were unhappy that they were just an 'underground' thrash band and not much more. I'd like to know what happened one way or another though. Are they working on new material with the new drummer? Why aren't they touring? etc.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:31 am 

I felt Stage of Insurgency was overproduced giving off a flat and monotonous vibe. Thrash really needs that dynamic range for me. A lot of the new wave of thrash suffers from this. I haven't checked out the last album but I'll give some songs a listen on youtube.

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:38 am 

No one really knows. I've heard some stuff about how they just don't have the time to play live, but I don't know if it's actually true or not.

absurder21
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:15 am 

It's been a year since that last album... There's some weird line up stuff going on, so I can see that freezing them. Wouldn't exactly put them in the WHATEVER HAPPENED TO? Pile yet by any means.

Reply to topic