* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
dragmire
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:44 am 

From their Facebook:

NEW VOCALIST ANNOUNCEMENT 26th of May, 2013
We are very proud to announce, that Marika Hyldmar is now a part of the Illnath family. After several auditions with several vocalists, we decided that Marika was exactly what this band needed. And thus, we dragged out of the comfort of her home, and cast her into the fields of evil pleasure.
Marika is 21 years old, born and raised in Silkeborg, Jutland. Marika was introduced to the metal scene – and Illnath – in her early years, and she decided that she wanted to be a vocalist herself. In 2012 she formed her own band, Machiavellian, and will continue this project alongside Illnath. In her sparetime she is a photographer for rockfreaks.net. Her main inspiration lies in the black and thrash-metal scene. Bands like Absu and Skelletonwitch are a big influence on Marika’s vocal.
We have decided that Marika was to re-record Ravenous Crows (now just Crows), because this would show the full potential of her voice. You can listen to the result below this post.
We are extremely proud to welcome Marika to the band, and we look forward to many rehearsals, records and of course concerts. We have already started writing songs for an EP, which will be available in the end of 2013. So stay tuned!
//Illnath

https://www.facebook.com/Illnathofficial

Deviante
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:27 pm 

Not as bad as I thought it would be, but still, ultimately kind of flaccid. It's just...decent, you know. Bearable, tolerable, kind of like some Angela Gossow -vocals. But not really enjoyable per se. Also, the highs just sound really odd to me. It's kind of shame, I really used to like this band a lot in my teens (mid 00s), blasting Cast in the Fields of Evil Pleasure a lot, which IMO is still a really atmospheric gem with great lyrics etc., being enjoyable throughout. (Though now I can see it's really unoriginal). So in a way, I always hoped that this band would produce something relevant, apart from the odd decent track on Second Skin of Harlequin (I think it was called). I guess I'll check their new album out for potential decent songs, but I am not holding my breath for awesomeness. Just kind of flaccid.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:55 pm 

Sounds like a more feral Angela Gossow with a better range. Not bad I suppose, but will take some time getting used to. She sounded like Dani Filth growling at the very beginning, though.

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:24 pm 

She is good enough, but she does nothing to the song. It seems she is just going thriugh the motions barely even trying to do something different in the song to make her stand out. Yeah, Narrenscheff was still the best Illnath vocalist. Still, I love illnath despite their total unoriginalness, for me they are just a fun lksten.

Also, the song, it started out as Ravenous Crows, then with Mona (or whatever he name was), it became Snake of Eden and now they are back to using the Ravenous Crows lyrics. I guess some big drama happened between the band and mona if they just, you know, go back to the original lurics. That or they just realized that her lyrics just sucked.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

InfernoxDeath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:11 am 

Illnath seems like they're going downhill... Don't really dig the new vocals, nor their recent release...

Reply to topic