Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Aurone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:39 pm 

Quote:
Swedish melodic death metallers DARK TRANQUILLITY have amicably parted ways with bassist Daniel Antonsson.

Commented the band: "The decision has been growing for a while, and the main reason is that Daniel wanted to focus on his own musical projects as well as working more in his recording studio. Being first and foremost a guitarist, he felt that the playing bass in a full-time band didn’t allow him much time for his main instrument and true passion. With this in mind, he chose to follow his heart and step aside at this point instead of committing to another album and an intense touring cycle that would leave little room for other activities.

"We thank Daniel for his years in the band — filled with great shows and amazing memories and experiences in all corners of the world — and wish him all the best with his future musical career."

Added Antonsson: "I want to thank the guys in DARK TRANQUILLITY and the amazing DARK TRANQUILLITY fans around the world for the last four years of touring around the globe! It's been awesome! Also a huge hug to the DARK TRANQUILLITY crew and all of the people working with us. I will miss you all very much! You are like family to me and I hope we will meet again soon! But...now is the time for me to follow my heart and again focus on my guitar playing and being a recording engineer/producer in my studio Gothenburg Rock Studios. We will meet again on the road or in the studio — that's for sure!"

DARK TRANQUILLITY has set "Construct" as the title of its tenth studio album, due on May 27 via Century Media Records. The CD will be mixed by Jens Bogren (PARADISE LOST, OPETH, KATATONIA) at his Fascination Street studios in Örebro, Sweden.

DARK TRANQUILLITY's next live appearance is scheduled for April in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Some European summer festivals are already announced and the band is also working on a North American tour for September.

DARK TRANQUILLITY digitally released the "Zero Distance" EP on October 22, 2012 in North America. Taken from the European tour edition of "We Are The Void" (2010), the five tracks on the EP are a must-have for any diehard DARK TRANQUILLITY fan.

DARK TRANQUILLITY's ninth CD, "We Are The Void", sold around 2,100 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The effort landed at position No. 15 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.

I get him wanting to do his own things. I also didn't know that they're working on another album. Hope they can find another bassist soon.

Scourge441
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm 

What's Michael Nicklasson doing these days? I'd like to see him back in.

ShadowKamelot
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:54 am 

^As would I.

Saw this on their Facebook page earlier today. I, too, hope they find a bassist soon. I personally can't wait for their new album. I'm just glad there was no bad blood, and I understand why he left, wanting to focus more on his prominent instrument.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:08 am 

Unsurprising as he is an excellent guitarist and was quite confined in DT, and it's not like they have been touring either. As to who replaces him, I don't think it really matters.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:17 am 

Really hoping the new album picks up where Fiction left off.

Metantoine
Big Beautiful Famgot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:07 am 

I hope they'll reinvent themselves a bit, We Are the Void was boring.

Also, nobody cares about their bassist, maybe Henriksson should get back to it though?

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

pastafarian
Liberalestest Hitler Jugend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:16 am 

Im just glad the guy with dreads is still in. Every gothenburg metal band needs a dreads guy.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:12 am 

Unfortunately, nobody cares about bassists in general unless you're in a technical/progressive or jazz-influenced band.

It's been a while since I heard "good" material from DT. Once upon a time, they were one of the better MDM/Gothenburg bands.

ClaymanOnFire
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:41 am 

:lol: I'm yet another person who's more interested in the fact that they're recording a new album...I have to agree with Metantoine, We Are the Void wasn't a solid release and they're just about due for another evolution.

lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:20 am 

The Floga Records reissue of Yesterworlds is one of the best vinyls i've seen. Beautiful.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:02 pm 

Scourge441 wrote:
What's Michael Nicklasson doing these days? I'd like to see him back in.

FUCK YES. He could even provide some vicious backing vocals!

Anyway, DT needs a heavy reinvention, the last couple of albums has been pretty dull.

Scourge441
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:53 pm 

Are there any bands playing The Gallery/The Mind's I-style melodeath these days? I'd love for them to revisit that era, as I think there's lots of room there for new ideas and originality.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:01 pm 

pastafarian wrote:
Im just glad the guy with dreads is still in. Every gothenburg metal band needs a dreads guy.

"the guy with dreads" is Martin Henriksson, a founding member and lead songwriter of the band. He also shaved his dreads off last year.

Riffs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:19 pm 

pastafarian wrote:

Considering your name, I thought you would say every band needs a guy with pastas.

:boo: I'll get my coat.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:40 pm 

I'm pretty excited for the new album I didn't even know it was coming out soon until I read this. As far as their sound for it goes I doubt that they'll ever even get close to those first 3 or 4 CDs again they just don't write that stuff anymore. But yeah some sort of evolution is a must as We Are the Void was just kind of meh.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Reply to topic