Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:27 pm 

Since Neurosis released Honor Found In Decay last october they've been doing quite a few live shows all over, mainly Europe and the US. I haven't heard any news about Canadian tours or shows, and it's led me and my brother wondering - is there anything preventing Neurosis from coming to Canada? Does anyone know anything about this?

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:04 am 

So if band x doesn't play in country y, they're having trouble with the officials? That wouldn't be my first guess really.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:04 am 

To my knowledge Neurosis haven't exactly been overrunning Europe in... well, ever. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing they've played Canada many times in the past and maybe decided to skip this one?

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:29 am 

FLIPPITYFLOOP wrote:
Since Neurosis released Honor Found In Decay last october they've been doing quite a few live shows all over, mainly Europe and the US. I haven't heard any news about Canadian tours or shows, and it's led me and my brother wondering - is there anything preventing Neurosis from coming to Canada? Does anyone know anything about this?

I don't think so but they'll be playing in this year's Hellfest!

TadGhostal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:49 am 

Nuerosis does a very limited amount of touring because those guys all have jobs and families so it's probably more a matter of scheduling and getting the right offers.

Thumbman
The Shellfish

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:15 am 

I seem to remember them going to England a year or two, and I think they're as strict on that stuff as Canada, so I doubt it's that. I remember reading in an interview that the reason they stopped touring regularly is that it was kind of making them lose focus and affecting their roles as fathers and husbands negatively.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:40 pm 

They've definitely been to Canada before, but as far as I know it has been a while.....
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:59 am 

Ah I see. I know they don't do many live shows in general because of their life commitments (jobs, family, etc) but I was just a little surprised that they did something in the US and then went straight to Europe. Maybe they'll come back later.

Reply to topic