Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
SafassThin
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 19
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 4:38 am 
 

Twin_guitar_attack wrote:
Looking for more raw, lofi black metal. This year I've been listening to lots of Moonblood, Mutiilation, Judas Iscariot, Vlad Tepes, Belketre, Striborg, Xasthur, Grausamkeit, Ildjarn, Leviathan, Antaeus, Bone Awl, Katharsis, Von, Lamp of Murmuur etc


I suppose you already know Horna, maybe try firsts albums of Svartsyn, S.V.E.S.T., Ergholae Somptator and demos from Nuit Noire.

Top
 Profile  
LilTito
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu May 13, 2021 3:10 pm
Posts: 44
Location: Croatia
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 1:56 pm 
 

Twin_guitar_attack wrote:
Looking for more raw, lofi black metal. This year I've been listening to lots of Moonblood, Mutiilation, Judas Iscariot, Vlad Tepes, Belketre, Striborg, Xasthur, Grausamkeit, Ildjarn, Leviathan, Antaeus, Bone Awl, Katharsis, Von, Lamp of Murmuur etc

Maybe try early Deinonychus?

Top
 Profile  
Xymosys
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:19 am
Posts: 688
Location: Croatia
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 8:06 am 
 

Can someone recommend me some riffy, catchy and not so known black metal...
_________________
No fear, no pain, nobody left to blame...I'll try alone, make destiny my own

Top
 Profile  
LilTito
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu May 13, 2021 3:10 pm
Posts: 44
Location: Croatia
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 5:49 pm 
 

Xymosys wrote:
Can someone recommend me some riffy, catchy and not so known black metal...

Why does it have to be unknown? If you want riffs and just riffs you can't go wrong with Inquisition and Havuukrunu..
Something less popular that comes to find would be Grafvitnir, Gorrch, Fides Inversa

Top
 Profile  
Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:41 pm
Posts: 8520
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 4:35 am 
 

VI is very riffy. Imagine Aosoth, but instead of that suffocating sound, you're swarmed by brilliant riffs.
_________________
"A glimpse of light is all that it takes to illuminate the darkness."

Top
 Profile  
Braltika
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:27 pm
Posts: 219
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:10 am 
 

Xymosys wrote:
Can someone recommend me some riffy, catchy and not so known black metal...

I'd suggest Schattenvald:

https://youtu.be/4JCy0nP_M3Y
https://youtu.be/EVFBWv1AQw0
https://youtu.be/A178gPkIxEc

Top
 Profile  
SafassThin
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 19
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 10:11 am 
 

Xymosys wrote:
Can someone recommend me some riffy, catchy and not so known black metal...


Malcuidant, In Battle, Temple of Baal, Vredehammer, Urgehal, Craft, Svartkonst

Top
 Profile  
lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:31 pm
Posts: 5753
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 9:30 pm 
 

Evil Warriors's Fall From Reality is the most "these riffs make me happy" BM I've found in the last few years. The band name is terrible but they really are a great fun time.
_________________
Naamath wrote:
No comments, no words need it, no BM, no compromise, only grains in her face.

Top
 Profile  
DioLastInLineHolyDiver
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:44 am
Posts: 9
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 11:12 am 
 

Hey everyone!

I’m looking to find more of that good frosty black metal. Winter, snow, pine trees, blizzards, mountains; those kind of vibes.

I love Paysage D’Hiver, and in particular his:

Winterkälte and Im Wald

Nordgeist’s Frostwinter

Disparaitre’s Urchig

I would love more suggestions like these.

Thank you in advance!

Top
 Profile  
into_the_pit
Veteran

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:40 pm
Posts: 2856
Location: Hedonist Occupation Government
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 11:53 am 
 

check out sorcier des glaces if you haven't yet. they have quite the discography.
_________________
Blort wrote:
"The neo-Hegelian overtones contrast heavily with the proto-Nietzschean discordance evident in this piece."
"Um, what work are you examining here?"
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

Top
 Profile  
DioLastInLineHolyDiver
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:44 am
Posts: 9
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 1:55 pm 
 

into_the_pit wrote:
check out sorcier des glaces if you haven't yet. they have quite the discography.



Thank you very much!

I would love and appreciate any more suggestions!

Top
 Profile  
SafassThin
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 19
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 3:37 am 
 

DioLastInLineHolyDiver wrote:
I’m looking to find more of that good frosty black metal. Winter, snow, pine trees, blizzards, mountains; those kind of vibes.


There's Neige et Noirceur and Vinterriket.

Top
 Profile  
DioLastInLineHolyDiver
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:44 am
Posts: 9
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 5:43 am 
 

SafassThin wrote:
DioLastInLineHolyDiver wrote:
I’m looking to find more of that good frosty black metal. Winter, snow, pine trees, blizzards, mountains; those kind of vibes.


There's Neige et Noirceur and Vinterriket.


Both of these are fantastic! I appreciate it!

Top
 Profile  
Braltika
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:27 pm
Posts: 219
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 6:08 am 
 

DioLastInLineHolyDiver wrote:
Hey everyone!

I’m looking to find more of that good frosty black metal. Winter, snow, pine trees, blizzards, mountains; those kind of vibes.

Thank you in advance!


Perhaps Aldaaron?
https://youtu.be/Nk1wGW6KBVM

Top
 Profile  
coupdebleus
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:11 pm
Posts: 66
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 7:07 pm 
 

Fellow MAer at the head of Botgörelsen just dropped this amazing LP.
https://botgorelsen.bandcamp.com/album/ ... a-k-ttet-2

Riffy bm that takes some cues from dsbm yet doesn't go to the extremes that make the genre sound like a parody. The music itself is incredibly dynamic, there's a feeling of ebb and flow bursting into climaxes that reminds me of the approach post-rockers take regarding song-writing, yet at the core of this remains very strong and identifiable melodic material.
_________________
Hellige - Black/Doom Metal | New track from our upcoming album.
Now on instagram too!

Top
 Profile  
LilTito
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu May 13, 2021 3:10 pm
Posts: 44
Location: Croatia
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 2:54 am 
 

DioLastInLineHolyDiver wrote:
Hey everyone!

I’m looking to find more of that good frosty black metal. Winter, snow, pine trees, blizzards, mountains; those kind of vibes.

I love Paysage D’Hiver, and in particular his:

Winterkälte and Im Wald

Nordgeist’s Frostwinter

Disparaitre’s Urchig

I would love more suggestions like these.

Thank you in advance!

Bron.

Top
 Profile  
TheUnhinged
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:28 pm
Posts: 334
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 2:20 pm 
 

I'm looking for melodic black metal from the 90's that utilized the whole "beauty and the beast" vocal style (male rasps and ethereal female singing). I am particularly looking for something similar to the earliest material of Siebenburgen and Dismal Euphony, as I feel they were able to perfect a balance between the two vocal styles without leaning too much into gothic/symphonic metal territory or sounding melodramatic or cheesy. So, preferably not Cradle of Filth, Trail of Tears, or Darzamat.

The two songs below best sum up what I'm looking for both vocally and riff-wise.

Spoiler: show



Top
 Profile  
SafassThin
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 19
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 6:04 pm 
 

TheUnhinged wrote:
I'm looking for melodic black metal from the 90's that utilized the whole "beauty and the beast" vocal style (male rasps and ethereal female singing).


Maybe Sacro Culto by Opera IX. The two vocals styles are done by a woman but I believe it works. Others albums of Opera IX can works too.
Heresiarh have a certain Siebenbürgen feeling, with a naive folk style in it.
There is also Penetralia.


Last edited by SafassThin on Fri May 28, 2021 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
TheUnhinged
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:28 pm
Posts: 334
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 11:45 pm 
 

SafassThin wrote:
TheUnhinged wrote:
I'm looking for melodic black metal from the 90's that utilized the whole "beauty and the beast" vocal style (male rasps and ethereal female singing).


Heresiarh


This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much.

Top
 Profile  
KingCum
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue May 04, 2021 12:17 am
Posts: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:14 am 
 

I'm looking for songs like thorns, swordsman, night descends and amor off the album pale swordsman by kekht arakh, any help is greatly appreciated

Top
 Profile  
The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:57 am
Posts: 1050
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:57 am 
 

With everything really green in the woods during this season, Fran Marder is back in my frequently played. I'm looking for some more albums with that nature vibe, like Fran Marder, Forgotten Legends, Forest Poetry?

I'm not a fan of what's considered "atmospheric black metal" nowadays, if you know what I mean.
_________________
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

Top
 Profile  
Morn Of Solace
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:19 am
Posts: 2270
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:18 am 
 

The Ardbeg Wizard wrote:
With everything really green in the woods during this season, Fran Marder is back in my frequently played. I'm looking for some more albums with that nature vibe, like Fran Marder, Forgotten Legends, Forest Poetry?

I'm not a fan of what's considered "atmospheric black metal" nowadays, if you know what I mean.


Lugubrum's early albums like Gedachte & Geheugen give me that vibe. that album has however a folkish intro and quite a bit of ambient in the second half, but i think it gets the feeling right and with enough rawness

Top
 Profile  
The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:57 am
Posts: 1050
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:33 pm 
 

Morn Of Solace wrote:
The Ardbeg Wizard wrote:
With everything really green in the woods during this season, Fran Marder is back in my frequently played. I'm looking for some more albums with that nature vibe, like Fran Marder, Forgotten Legends, Forest Poetry?

I'm not a fan of what's considered "atmospheric black metal" nowadays, if you know what I mean.


Lugubrum's early albums like Gedachte & Geheugen give me that vibe. that album has however a folkish intro and quite a bit of ambient in the second half, but i think it gets the feeling right and with enough rawness


Own all the early albums! So yes, your recommendation was on point
_________________
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

Top
 Profile  
Son0fBam81
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:25 pm
Posts: 8
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:33 pm 
 

KingCum wrote:
I'm looking for songs like thorns, swordsman, night descends and amor off the album pale swordsman by kekht arakh, any help is greatly appreciated


I'm still searching for something that really hits the same way Pale Swordsman does, but here's a few things that have come close

https://braand.bandcamp.com/album/br-nd-calvary-split-2

https://shichiseihokoku.bandcamp.com/album/-

https://koldovstvo.bandcamp.com/releases

Top
 Profile  
KingCum
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue May 04, 2021 12:17 am
Posts: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:37 pm 
 

Son0fBam81 wrote:
KingCum wrote:
I'm looking for songs like thorns, swordsman, night descends and amor off the album pale swordsman by kekht arakh, any help is greatly appreciated


I'm still searching for something that really hits the same way Pale Swordsman does, but here's a few things that have come close

https://braand.bandcamp.com/album/br-nd-calvary-split-2

https://shichiseihokoku.bandcamp.com/album/-

https://koldovstvo.bandcamp.com/releases


Thank you, ill definitely check it out, pale swordsman really did hit different and i want to find others like it.

Top
 Profile  
Aldrahn333
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:28 pm
Posts: 244
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:43 pm 
 

Looking for instrumental black metal projects, slow to mid tempo, just like Odraza's "Kir"


Top
 Profile  
into_the_pit
Veteran

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:40 pm
Posts: 2856
Location: Hedonist Occupation Government
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:34 am 
 

not sure if it fits your bill, but "instrumental BM" made me mentally scream "ORRERY" right away. check it out anyway:

_________________
Blort wrote:
"The neo-Hegelian overtones contrast heavily with the proto-Nietzschean discordance evident in this piece."
"Um, what work are you examining here?"
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

Top
 Profile  
Aldrahn333
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:28 pm
Posts: 244
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:24 pm 
 

into_the_pit wrote:
not sure if it fits your bill, but "instrumental BM" made me mentally scream "ORRERY" right away. check it out anyway:



Not quite what I was looking for, but honestly I enjoyed what you've put here.

Thank you very much, anyway.

Top
 Profile  
Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:34 pm
Posts: 1497
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:53 pm 
 

Can anyone kindly recommend some albums that are as similar as possible to the new Dordeduh album, Har?

Top
 Profile  
coupdebleus
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:11 pm
Posts: 66
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:31 am 
 

Aldrahn333 wrote:
Looking for instrumental black metal projects, slow to mid tempo, just like Odraza's "Kir"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TYAxCijCas

Sounds like you need some Psicósfera. It has some faster parts but should otherwise fit what you asked for:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4t8LHzPHaM
_________________
Hellige - Black/Doom Metal | New track from our upcoming album.
Now on instagram too!

Top
 Profile  
Sick6Six
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:01 pm
Posts: 1844
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:14 am 
 

I just wanted to thank you guys for talking about Pale Swordsman. I can't stop listening multiple times a day, it's so perfect <3

Top
 Profile  
Aldrahn333
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:28 pm
Posts: 244
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:50 pm 
 

coupdebleus wrote:
Aldrahn333 wrote:
Looking for instrumental black metal projects, slow to mid tempo, just like Odraza's "Kir"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TYAxCijCas

Sounds like you need some Psicósfera. It has some faster parts but should otherwise fit what you asked for:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4t8LHzPHaM


THANK YOU, very similar to what I was looking for.

Truly appreciate your gift.

Top
 Profile  
SafassThin
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 19
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:33 pm 
 

I'm looking for black metal that use a lot of clean guitars and/or classical guitars.
Whichever the style of black metal, i'm looking for songs, albums and/or bands.
Any idea?

Top
 Profile  
Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:41 pm
Posts: 8520
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:51 pm 
 

SafassThin wrote:
I'm looking for black metal that use a lot of clean guitars and/or classical guitars.
Whichever the style of black metal, i'm looking for songs, albums and/or bands.
Any idea?

Aaskereia mixed classical guitars with the distorted, fast(ish) black metal sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhWEpJYWk6o
_________________
"A glimpse of light is all that it takes to illuminate the darkness."

Top
 Profile  
Gravetemplar
Veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:08 am
Posts: 2796
Location: Antarctica
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:56 pm 
 

SafassThin wrote:
I'm looking for black metal that use a lot of clean guitars and/or classical guitars.
Whichever the style of black metal, i'm looking for songs, albums and/or bands.
Any idea?

Alda, Agalloch, the first Ulver album, Arstidir Lifsins, Fauna, Gris, Haethen, l'Acephale, Velnias...

Top
 Profile  
Karlabos
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:07 pm
Posts: 408
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:22 pm 
 

SafassThin wrote:
I'm looking for black metal that use a lot of clean guitars and/or classical guitars.
Whichever the style of black metal, i'm looking for songs, albums and/or bands.
Any idea?

How about the new Kaatayra release?

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 217, 218, 219, 220, 221


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group