Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Kyuashu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:30 am 

yeah just link a few fast paced metal/metal adjacent songs (i like metalcore and deathcore when it's done right but I only listen to abt 4 -core bands)

rn my playlist has a few BMTH BFMV aether realm within destruction suicide silence (they suck but you only live once is acc hype) fever 333 and as I fall songs on it but I'm looking to add more and check out some cool bands

most of the metal bands I listen to are on the slower side or just aren't hype enough to fulfill this role so yeah do your worst lads

Metal_On_The_Ascendant
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:52 pm 

The bands that I can think of that I like that would fit this request are Dyscarnate and Misery Index.

Spoiler: show

Maybe some Kataklysm

Pincushion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:02 pm 

Vredehammer

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:52 pm 

Any bestial black/war metal band is fantastic for workout music, especially since the intensity of the music gets you pumped up for some intensive workouts. Some bands I'd recommend are Blasphemy, Bestial Warlust, Conqueror, Revenge, Diocletian, Archgoat, and Beherit.

pressingtoplead13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:10 pm 

I've been working out for 10 years now and been a huge metal fan for 20 years but honestly straight metal usually isnt the best workout music IMO.
For metal that is great for lifting i'd say you can really go wrong with Suffocation, Exhumed, Morbid Angel, Nile, Cannibal Corpse and Slayer.

If your looking for individual songs by random inconsistent artists i'd say "I Monarch" by Hate Eternal. "Bleeding Salvation" by Belphegor. "Sculptor of Flesh" by 1349 "Wound Upon Wound" by Gorgoroth

Outside of strict metal though i find that Deathcore, Hardcore, and Nu Metal tend to be better workout music. Take artists like Whitechapel and Signs of the Swarm and its hard to top them for gym music.

Also big shout out to Kublai Khan and Gods Hate, those bands are great to workout to.

e_ddi_e
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:31 am 

Reply to topic