Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
josantyago
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:01 pm
Posts: 31
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:03 pm 
 



Some grindcore with crossover and crust in the sound from Portugal

Top
 Profile  
NbleSavage
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:36 am
Posts: 257
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:19 pm 
 

Sense Offender - great sound.


Top
 Profile  
Gemini 7 Rising
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:08 am
Posts: 413
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:27 pm 
 

NbleSavage wrote:
Sense Offender - great sound.



Yeah, some good grind there! ^

I just finished reading this entire thread from start to finish (over the course of about 2 weeks), copied & pasted to YouTube many of the recs, listened, and then tracked down the cds when it was something I really loved (at a reasonable enough price). And I think I found some real gems... like Death Toll 80K, The Kill, Suffering Minds, Swarrrm, Takafumi Matsubara... and a few other great bands I wasn't aware of.

So tremendous thanks to guys like IamDBR, tentacleterror, Dragunov, ShaolinLambKiller and many others for making it a great, fun, and educational read and- more importantly- for turning me on to some killer new grindcore (even if it's old grindcore at this point). I'm not even sure how many of you guys are still on the archives (as some of your posts go back 6 or 7 years), but if you never see this, thank you wherever you are. :bow:

And I agree:

balbulus wrote:
...this thread doesn't deserve to be buried.
_________________
"You happy, you crazy fuck?"
"It's a league game, Smokey"

Top
 Profile  
Gemini 7 Rising
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:08 am
Posts: 413
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:00 pm 
 

Hey anybody,

Any recommendations for some good straight-forward grindcore bands/albums that have come out over the past few years?
_________________
"You happy, you crazy fuck?"
"It's a league game, Smokey"

Top
 Profile  
insanewayne253
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:04 am
Posts: 208
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:01 am 
 

Effluvia: Laboratory Casualties
https://youtu.be/bvY2FiPY1XQ

Broken Throat: Everybody Hates Everyone. Solo project from Effluvia’s drummer.
https://youtu.be/OID-Wavn3ds

and on the more sillier side, Diarrhea of a Madman: The Boofoo Queen’s Angriest Stories Ever Mentioned. Solo project from Effluvia’s bassist/vocalist
https://youtu.be/lHjE99awd-I

Really digging the Caustic Wound material as well as the newer Internal Rot

Top
 Profile  
Gemini 7 Rising
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:08 am
Posts: 413
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:20 am 
 

insanewayne253 wrote:
Effluvia: Laboratory Casualties
https://youtu.be/bvY2FiPY1XQ

Broken Throat: Everybody Hates Everyone. Solo project from Effluvia’s drummer.
https://youtu.be/OID-Wavn3ds

and on the more sillier side, Diarrhea of a Madman: The Boofoo Queen’s Angriest Stories Ever Mentioned. Solo project from Effluvia’s bassist/vocalist
https://youtu.be/lHjE99awd-I

Really digging the Caustic Wound material as well as the newer Internal Rot


Thanks! I especially like the last one, Diarrhea of a Madman, 'cuz I look for high-pitched screams with the lows and gurgles. And the music's pretty killer on all of them but love short, fast songs.
_________________
"You happy, you crazy fuck?"
"It's a league game, Smokey"

Top
 Profile  
Auselesspileofflesh
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:41 pm
Posts: 199
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:37 am 
 

If anyone is interested I do vocals for the Australian deathgrind band, Awful Noise.
Recently dropped a album single, would love to hear some feedback if possible.

https://awfulnoisegrind.bandcamp.com/tr ... een-regime

Top
 Profile  
Gemini 7 Rising
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:08 am
Posts: 413
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:22 pm 
 

Auselesspileofflesh wrote:
If anyone is interested I do vocals for the Australian deathgrind band, Awful Noise.
Recently dropped a album single, would love to hear some feedback if possible.

https://awfulnoisegrind.bandcamp.com/tr ... een-regime


Very cool, good grind! I checked out some of your guys' stuff on YouTube too.... maybe post a link or 2 to there also.

Your vocals are great. I personally like some killer high screams in there, ala Discordance Axis, Nasum, PxDx, Cryptopsy, etc., so would love to hear a little more of that. But solid stuff.
_________________
"You happy, you crazy fuck?"
"It's a league game, Smokey"

Top
 Profile  
Auselesspileofflesh
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:41 pm
Posts: 199
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:56 pm 
 

Gemini 7 Rising wrote:
Auselesspileofflesh wrote:
If anyone is interested I do vocals for the Australian deathgrind band, Awful Noise.
Recently dropped a album single, would love to hear some feedback if possible.

https://awfulnoisegrind.bandcamp.com/tr ... een-regime


Very cool, good grind! I checked out some of your guys' stuff on YouTube too.... maybe post a link or 2 to there also.

Your vocals are great. I personally like some killer high screams in there, ala Discordance Axis, Nasum, PxDx, Cryptopsy, etc., so would love to hear a little more of that. But solid stuff.



Really appreciate that mate. We recorded a full length 2 years ago and then had issues with the lineup so the band has been re-built and hopefully will recorded some new material.
You'll probably see more devotion to song writing and maybe even some experimentation on newer tunes.

I'll add those YT links, not a bad idea. Thanks again for the kind words.

Segregation split w/ Grimentity & Mendacity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0Ta6C0eY6E

"When Going Too Far is Not Enough" Lyric Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nndprvzEog

"Synchronized Drowning" song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUbX_qqYI9c

"Scene Queen Regime" song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmk1UkRMPSU

"hollywood Graveyard" Lyric Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xVoknpd0x4

Split w/ ignite the Massacre
https://youtu.be/KvPIDmhe1PI

Top
 Profile  
NbleSavage
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:36 am
Posts: 257
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:54 am 
 

Auselesspileofflesh wrote:
If anyone is interested I do vocals for the Australian deathgrind band, Awful Noise.
Recently dropped a album single, would love to hear some feedback if possible.

https://awfulnoisegrind.bandcamp.com/tr ... een-regime


Great sound, Mate! Vox are on-point too and dig the lyrics.

Top
 Profile  
televiper11
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:10 pm
Posts: 505
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:27 pm 
 

Nak'ay have dropped my favorite grind album of the year, so far:

https://nakay.bandcamp.com/album/closed ... open-veins

Top
 Profile  
ZenoMarx
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:38 am
Posts: 217
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:41 pm 
 

Assuckers out there? I'd like more Assuck in there, but my favorite of 2021.

https://carbonizedrecords.bandcamp.com/album/socioclast

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group