* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:06 am 

YBergen wrote:
Mortician. That's all.

Fluids are very similar to Mortician, but I feel like Fluids is an uglier band. They have a tendency to use audio from real gore videos like cartel torture videos and shit, that shit just leaves me wanting to take a long cold shower.

Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:16 pm 

Zerberus wrote:
YBergen wrote:
Mortician. That's all.

Fluids are very similar to Mortician, but I feel like Fluids is an uglier band. They have a tendency to use audio from real gore videos like cartel torture videos and shit, that shit just leaves me wanting to take a long cold shower.

Seriously. I really like Fluids a lot but their samples are actually hard for me to listen to and sometimes I skip through them.

And that's coming from someone who's a HUGE fan of true crime documentaries and true crime books, reading about and watching stuff on serial killers and watching horror movies, but when you get into REAL VIDEO, PHOTOS AND REAL AUDIO OF TORTURE AND MURDER, I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!!

The whole thing is that true crime is fascinating, but it doesn't feel real to me and so I can take it. It's like even though I know the stuff really happened, it won't compute in my brain as really real, but the few times I have accidentally seen actual death videos I have never liked it at all, though I think often I have still been desensitized and not reacted as strongly to them because it's still hard to believe they are real.

As soon as shit hits home as being real then all my interest is lost.

Fluids are like Mortician but more "real" and that makes them more brutal in my eyes, but both bands are great.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:45 am 

Ill-Starred Son wrote:

Seriously. I really like Fluids a lot but their samples are actually hard for me to listen to and sometimes I skip through them.

And that's coming from someone who's a HUGE fan of true crime documentaries and true crime books, reading about and watching stuff on serial killers and watching horror movies, but when you get into REAL VIDEO, PHOTOS AND REAL AUDIO OF TORTURE AND MURDER, I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!!

The whole thing is that true crime is fascinating, but it doesn't feel real to me and so I can take it. It's like even though I know the stuff really happened, it won't compute in my brain as really real, but the few times I have accidentally seen actual death videos I have never liked it at all, though I think often I have still been desensitized and not reacted as strongly to them because it's still hard to believe they are real.

As soon as shit hits home as being real then all my interest is lost.

Fluids are like Mortician but more "real" and that makes them more brutal in my eyes, but both bands are great.

I think the difference is that true crime is curated content. There might be a few pictures or audio snippets here and there, but nothing as graphic as straight up looking at/listening to someone getting their face sanded off with a power tool.
Musically Fluids is right up my alley, but like you said the samples makes it hard to listen to.

yungstirjoey666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:57 pm 

I don't really enjoy this, but this is by far the most brutal piece of art I've ever heard:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2