Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BeaVssS
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:42 pm 

First and foremost I’d like to give my appreciation to this site. Its existence is blessing. I’m on this site basically everyday sifting through albums for my current project, which is finding and giving my own grade to every Death Metal album from 1989-1996 that’s on Apple Music. It’s a very meticulous journey, but one I’m finding very fun and time consuming. I’m planning on doing this for other years (I’ve already started cataloging albums for 1997) as well as other genres of music. I’m going to go back to the birth of metal (Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, etc) eventually. The problem I have is there isn’t another site on the webs that can hold a candle to the Metal archives, which sucks because I’d really like to find more music from more bands and continue this project through different genres. Is there any websites that catalogs other genres of music as well as this one or are we going to have to create our own?

zervyx
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 5:50 pm 

Welcome to MA! sorry to tell you this but you are posting in the wrong thread, this is the "Recommendation Central" for people who are looking for suggestions of music and bands. You should try in here in "The Tavern", in that thread we post about non-related metal topics.

funeralravens
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 1:45 pm 

rateyourmusic is the closest analogue, though it's not as thorough

Reply to topic