Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
asterix645
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:34 am 

I'm looking for misogyny themed, raw, black metal songs. I've tried using an advanced search on the metallum website with "misogyny" as a lyrical theme, but it gets no decent results. The lyrical search doesn't always work. For example, Nattefrost has plenty of woman-bashing songs but doesn't appear in the search results (showing under "Perversions" instead)

So I guess you guys can just amass a list of songs in this thread.

Examples:

Before anyone loses their barnet, no, I don't hate women. Listening to woman-hating metal doesn't make me a misogynist the same way listening to death metal doesn't make me a serial killer or a necrophile.

themicrulah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:20 pm 

:/
A MILE HIGH ROTTEN EGG AIR OF DEATH, ASSAULTS YOUR NOSTRILS!

Dux_Saxoniae
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:35 pm 

How about no.

AnimeDad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:21 pm 

Nice PC-squad bait, OP.

I dunno. It might be a more interesting thread to list metal bands who aren't misogynistic. Especially black metal, which is really inherently patriarchal & hierarchy-supporting. (It's no coincidence leftist black metal bands play something more like wimpy post-rock.)

If you like Nattefrost why not just check out the source, GG Allin?

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:37 pm 

Have you ever heard of Abigail?

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ab ... 634#312634

Pichushkin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:32 am 

Killgasm maybe?

asterix645
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:54 pm 

THEMICRULAH wrote:
:/

Dux_Saxoniae wrote:
How about no.

Or how about you don't post if you have nothing productive to add to the thread?

AnimeDad wrote:
Nice PC-squad bait, OP.
I dunno. It might be a more interesting thread to list metal bands who aren't misogynistic. Especially black metal, which is really inherently patriarchal & hierarchy-supporting. (It's no coincidence leftist black metal bands play something more like wimpy post-rock.)
If you like Nattefrost why not just check out the source, GG Allin?

I'm not sure what you mean by PC-squad bait. I'm new to these forums so pardon me for being a bit clueless on the culture and lingo.
It seems I didn't explain myself well enough in the OP. All I'm looking for is people to link to bands or songs that are black metal in genre and have misogynstic lyrical content. I posted Nattefrost videos because 1) black metal 2) Songs are about woman-bashing

While I appreciate your input, I'm not interested in dissecting the social undertones of metal and whether or not it is patriarchal. And GG Allin sure as hell isn't black metal.

Zodijackyl wrote:

Pichushkin wrote:
Killgasm maybe?

Finally, some good, helpful posts. I have not heard of Abigail, but I checked out their page and they seem to be just what I'm looking for. Black metal with a rough thrash/punk influence and whore-hating lyrics. I'll be sure to check out Killgasm as well. Thank you both.

HokeyReligions_AncientWeapons
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:31 pm 

I'm going to second Abigail.

Sweet Baby Metal Slut is probably Yasuyuki's most misogynistic album. Be sure to check out the rest of their discography though, especially Intercourse & Lust and Forever Street Metal Bitch.

Another band that came to mind was Leviathan. Wrest's latest album, True Traitor, True Whore, is filled with hatred toward women. - specifically his ex-girlfriend.

With that being said, I think Tentacles of Whorror is his best album. It's also filled with some pretty misogynistic lyrical content with songs like "The History of Rape", and "Tentacles of Whorror".

~Guest 227866
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:26 am 

Every Mentors album.

Erotetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:11 pm 

asterix645 wrote:
Before anyone loses their barnet, no, I don't hate women. Listening to woman-hating metal doesn't make me a misogynist the same way listening to death metal doesn't make me a serial killer or a necrophile.

well, if listening to death metal was the result of asking 'I want music about killing people, what should I listen to?' rather than just enjoying the genre, it would make you kinda creepy, so...being so lyrically picky about your black metal does seem to suggest something about you (can we assume you like BM vocals that are intelligible, or would you be happy with misogynistic lyrics you can't even follow without reading along with the lyrics?)

Malthus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:17 pm 

Zeating wrote:
Every Mentors album.

Since when do they play black metal?

To assist the OP, try this band- http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Cemetery_Lust/3540285523

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:03 am 

I guess the latest Leviathan somewhat falls into that category.

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:59 am 

Ash Pool- mostly in the realm of bdsm/sexuality, but worth looking into. Not the biggest fan, but i think the band's gotten better as time's gone on. So do some research.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpYckk6-MeM

I initially wanted to say Dishammer, but going through Vintage Addiction I realized there's really nothing that harmful besides the cover; which seems to be more about necrophilia than anything else. Regardless, if you want to check out black metal with an affinity for d-beat go take a listen (discharge+hellhammer=dishammer- dudes from Machetazo too).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPXlA4tMZ8k

Tried searching black metal with "BDSM" for lyrics and got these.... Might be some stuff you're after? WOuld also search sexuallity.

http://www.metal-archives.com/search/ad ... ame=#bands

http://perpetualstrifemusic.blogspot.com/

Reply to topic