Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
All Metal
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:42 am
Posts: 39
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:10 am 
 

This is something I'm really interested in and have attempted to look this up on countless occasions all over the net; with at best only single song examples as responses on other websites.

Thank you.

Top
 Profile  
droneriot
incelgender

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 10073
Location: Spahn Ranch
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:54 pm 
 

Ask instead about the black metal bands with the second most solos because the top spot is taken by Reverend Kriss Hades by an astronomical margin.
_________________
Why modern black metal objectively sucks
Deutschpunk - Why German Punk Rock Is... Different - [A Zero Budget Documentary]
- (droneriot drinks and rants...)

https://www.last.fm/user/oldmetalthrone

Top
 Profile  
All Metal
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:42 am
Posts: 39
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:06 pm 
 

droneriot wrote:
Ask instead about the black metal bands with the second most solos because the top spot is taken by Reverend Kriss Hades by an astronomical margin.


Thank you. Any others you can list?

Top
 Profile  
lloyd93
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:33 pm
Posts: 50
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:51 pm 
 

droneriot wrote:
Ask instead about the black metal bands with the second most solos because the top spot is taken by Reverend Kriss Hades by an astronomical margin.


Wouldn't Sadistik border closer to like black/death...by black metal I was thinking more so second wave sounding stuff.
_________________
Disgrace to the corpse of Seth Putnam

Top
 Profile  
droneriot
incelgender

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 10073
Location: Spahn Ranch
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:42 pm 
 

lloyd93 wrote:
Wouldn't Sadistik border closer to like black/death...by black metal I was thinking more so second wave sounding stuff.

Yeah and I wasn't talking about SadEx.
_________________
Why modern black metal objectively sucks
Deutschpunk - Why German Punk Rock Is... Different - [A Zero Budget Documentary]
- (droneriot drinks and rants...)

https://www.last.fm/user/oldmetalthrone

Top
 Profile  
Bronan
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 4:10 pm
Posts: 38
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:16 pm 
 

Taake is particularly solo heavy.

Top
 Profile  
All Metal
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:42 am
Posts: 39
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:59 pm 
 

Bronan wrote:
Taake is particularly solo heavy.


Thank you, will give listen.

Top
 Profile  
Element_man
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:37 am
Posts: 962
Location: Vancouver, Canada
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:34 pm 
 

I'm not too familiar with their middle period, but Noktural Mortum's really early stuff and their last couple albums all have good guitar solos.
_________________
Gatekeeper
Heavy Metal. No new shit.
Encloaked
Dungeon Synth/Fantasy Ambient

Top
 Profile  
Bronan
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 4:10 pm
Posts: 38
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:03 pm 
 

All Metal wrote:
Bronan wrote:
Taake is particularly solo heavy.


Thank you, will give listen.


Noregs Vaapen is the place to start

Top
 Profile  
raspberrysoda
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:51 pm
Posts: 988
Location: Edgystan
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:17 am 
 

Peste Noire has great solos, most notably in the debut.
_________________
does it djent?

stainedclass2112 wrote:
It was a joke you darn can of fizzy sweetened liquid

BastardHead wrote:
Somebody is getting murdered but poor razz just wants his beauty sleep.

Top
 Profile  
Gravetemplar
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:08 am
Posts: 1093
Location: Antarctica
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:22 pm 
 

Not sure if you're interested in black/death too but Teitanblood - The Baneful Choir has a lot of solos.

Top
 Profile  
Sick6Six
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:01 pm
Posts: 1752
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:33 pm 
 

Urgehal had a bunch at least on the last few albums. Haven't listened to the earlier ones for awhile. The latest Non Est Deus album is only 5 songs, but I think every song has a solo, and they fit in with the music really well. I will try to think of more.

Top
 Profile  
All Metal
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:42 am
Posts: 39
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:09 pm 
 

raspberrysoda wrote:
Peste Noire has great solos, most notably in the debut.


I've heard a fair amount of the band, thanks.

Top
 Profile  
All Metal
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:42 am
Posts: 39
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:11 pm 
 

Element_man wrote:
I'm not too familiar with their middle period, but Noktural Mortum's really early stuff and their last couple albums all have good guitar solos.


This band is mentioned a lot. I'll definitely look in to this band, thank you.

Top
 Profile  
All Metal
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:42 am
Posts: 39
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:12 pm 
 

Gravetemplar wrote:
Not sure if you're interested in black/death too but Teitanblood - The Baneful Choir has a lot of solos.


Sure, I'll check it out.

Top
 Profile  
All Metal
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:42 am
Posts: 39
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:13 pm 
 

Sick6Six wrote:
Urgehal had a bunch at least on the last few albums. Haven't listened to the earlier ones for awhile. The latest Non Est Deus album is only 5 songs, but I think every song has a solo, and they fit in with the music really well. I will try to think of more.


Nice, going to listen to this soon.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group