Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ambientsorrow
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:28 pm 

Sorry, wasn't sure whether or not to put this in the Black Metal thread or not, but since they're not listed on the Archives I thought a serperate thread? If not allowed I'll shift to BM thread.

Not sure how to really classify this band in all honesty though, but I'd love more like it. They do have an ambient/Industrial BM-ish vibe (moreso in Track 3), although more on the ambient side of things. Since they're not on here and Last.fm doesn't really come up with much, was wondering if anyone knew anything similar? Regards. (actually some Menace Ruine isn't a bad shout.)

Start from track 3 (about 1m20s in) since the first two are very short intro tracks.
Youtube: show

If you could give me a more general idea of what genre they are, that'd help, too.

TheUnhinged
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:35 am 

They're definitely a unique mix of stuff. I personally think they deserve a spot on Metal-Archives; to me it's drone metal with some blackened sounding elements, with bits of post-punk and ethereal wave buried in there. The Angelic Process and Urfaust were very clear influences for them, and I'd go as far as to say they are a pretty solid combo between the two.

I'd also feel tempted to mention Fvnerals, though they are nowhere near as lo-fi sounding. However, I find the atmosphere and general stylistic traits are pretty similar; drone(y) sounding doom with an extremely dark atmosphere, ethereal vibes, and gentle female vocals.

ambientsorrow
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:46 pm 

Not bad rec's at all. You got (DOLCH) firmly in the middle of Fvnerals and The Angelic Process. Got the sound I'm after with the latter although perhaps a bit too chaotic and the former has the ambience but not quite the sound. Definitely going to spin them later as they're both quite close to the mark. If anything else comes to mind let me know. Cheers.

Reply to topic