Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
deathtoposers777
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:38 am 

https://youtu.be/MkiWnBGT3g8
So someone made a tribute video with a compilation of some of the most catchy riffs from his albums, without any mention of the song titles.
I've literally checked and listened to each and every album Scott Burns ever produced to find where that gat dang opening riff is from and yet I haven't found anything close to that sound. Seems like a death metal band. My initial guess was Death or Suffocation and a few other bands like Cannibal Corpse and Deicide but it seems unlikely as the sound production on most of their albums has that thick 80s reverb to the snare whereas the snare tone here sounds dry and punchy.

DecemberSoul
Mirties Metafora

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:06 pm 

Resurrection - Embalmed existence is the album you didn't listen to then.
Cool CD that keeps spinning here, but I will never come to terms with those goofy spoken word intros.

deathtoposers777
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:30 am 

I'm hearing this album right now at full blast. You have no idea how desperate I was to quench my thirst for those riffs. This band is everything I expected it to be and tons more. I owe you one DecemberSoul. As for those spoken word intros, I found them rather odd too and creepy as hell to say the least. But hey, whatever sets the mood for maximum death metal insanity. I think these guys have done a stellar job producing this masterpiece. It's a shame I haven't heard this until now being a huge fan of Florida death metal. Thanks again buddy!

DecemberSoul
Mirties Metafora

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:29 am 

Your respectful reply and even more so your appreciation of Resurrection's album is a just reward :)
Its atmosphere is quite outstanding for Floridian death metal, and the cover artwork only enhances that.

Reply to topic