Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
projectfear22
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:50 am 

I wasn't a fan back in the day when the current bands I like started. Gorgasm, Gorguts, Morgoth, Gorefest, Cannibal Corpse, Saxon, Sodom, Nile, Wormrot, Anvil, Annihilator, Overkill, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Ensiferum, Eluveitie, Heidevolk, Death, Dream Death, Tool, Deicide, Autopsy, Tankard, Testament, Havok, Municipal Waste and so on..

No doubt are some of them still active, but as someone who didn't start with metal I find it hard to continue their exploration no matter how much I like them. Which in turn makes it harder for me to learn more about the genre and get more invested into.

I'm looking for good New and active bands who keep the old sound and who I can keep up to date with and I want to know where to follow their activity

Today's Death metal has a lot of slammy and techy influence and I dont want that. And if its not either of those.. Then the guitars end up with a power metal fantasy vibe which I also dont want.

Heavy metal hasnt had anything diferent

And thrash is missing the shrieky or egoistic voices, turning more guttural which I like in death metal but not in thrash. Everything sounds Copycat

The only genres keeping it true are Black metal and the -core punk influenced genres

Reply to topic