Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
LilTito
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 1:44 pm 

I'm looking for some brutal nihilistic stuff similar to Intolitarian and bands from the indian war/black/noise scene.
Harsh as fuck please!

praey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 3:50 pm 

You've probably heard of Kapala, but if not they definitely seem like what you're looking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUkg8yBGp7A

Other than that, Caveman Cult, Deiphago, or Nyogthaeblisz might be up your alley. Not sure if they're noisy enough for what you're looking for. Again, good chance you've probably heard of them, but no harm in mentioning them.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 6:06 pm 

Intolitarian suck, listen to Knelt Rote instead. Maybe try Jyotiṣavedāṅga too.

LilTito
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 7:06 am 

Gravetemplar wrote:

Thanks! Jyotisavedanga is the shit :)

Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 6:41 pm 

Gravetemplar wrote:

Knelt Rote is one of my all time favorite bands and I love that style. Never heard of that other band.

This is weird though because we cross into many genres as Knelt Rote could be considered IMO more of a blackened grind band with some noise elements but they also have some war metal elements and this seems to be mostly a war metal thread.

Blackened grind, blackened sludge, black/death, black/death/grind, war metal, bestial black metal and black-noise all obviously have their similarities and these bands move back and forth between the genres in a seamless way, so some of what I'd recommend could come from any of these genres, but a lot of the bands I'd suggest could be from any of them but here's a list of somewhat related bands that I like:

Hissing
Dagger Lust
Axis of Advance
Dendritic Arbor
Teitanblood
Unyielding Love
Bastard Feast
Dragged Into Sunlight
Lord Mantis
Cauldron Black Ram
Infernal Coil
Antichrist Siege Machine
Absvrdist
Male Misandria
Malvaillence
Wargoatcult
Warhate
Goat Penis
Goat Semen
Archgoat
Fuckopalypse (if you want a weird black-noise band that's not even on the archives)
Killgasm
Fvrlvrn
Weregoat

And honestly the list could go on and on as I know so many great bands with sounds in someway relating to these genres.

I've intentionally left out the more obvious stuff like Revenge, Conqueror, Blasphemy, etc as most people know about those bands.

LilTito
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:40 pm 

Ill-Starred Son wrote:
Gravetemplar wrote:

Knelt Rote is one of my all time favorite bands and I love that style. Never heard of that other band.

This is weird though because we cross into many genres as Knelt Rote could be considered IMO more of a blackened grind band with some noise elements but they also have some war metal elements and this seems to be mostly a war metal thread.

Blackened grind, blackened sludge, black/death, black/death/grind, war metal, bestial black metal and black-noise all obviously have their similarities and these bands move back and forth between the genres in a seamless way, so some of what I'd recommend could come from any of these genres, but a lot of the bands I'd suggest could be from any of them but here's a list of somewhat related bands that I like:

Hissing
Dagger Lust
Axis of Advance
Dendritic Arbor
Teitanblood
Unyielding Love
Bastard Feast
Dragged Into Sunlight
Lord Mantis
Cauldron Black Ram
Infernal Coil
Antichrist Siege Machine
Absvrdist
Male Misandria
Malvaillence
Wargoatcult
Warhate
Goat Penis
Goat Semen
Archgoat
Fuckopalypse (if you want a weird black-noise band that's not even on the archives)
Killgasm
Fvrlvrn
Weregoat

And honestly the list could go on and on as I know so many great bands with sounds in someway relating to these genres.

I've intentionally left out the more obvious stuff like Revenge, Conqueror, Blasphemy, etc as most people know about those bands.

Wow man, thanks thats a lot of bands. I guess this will keep me busy for a while :) Cheers

Reply to topic