Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Kennermahn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:34 am 

Hello
Usually you don't make threads to recommend music from a single band but in the case of Agathocles it's justifiable since they have such an insane number of releases and so many versions to every song. So, do you have any compilations, albums or EPs you would recommend from them? Either because the selection of songs is good or the way they're recorded is (which is something that needs to be considered when talking about Agathocles)

My recommendation for now would be this split, it has pretty nice songs, and the other band's part is pretty good too:
https://musicahibrida.bandcamp.com/albu ... ght-to-die

ZenoMarx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:58 pm 

I don't think this is going to be very helpful or offer any new information to you, but the first two CDs in that 5CD box set are where I'd go first. The demos and Agarchy EP are crude, but they're quality caveman grind. And then all the albums up through Humarrogance. It depends on which era, or style, you want from them. There have been some reissues the past few years with bonus tracks from very old recordings that hadn't been previously released. Those have been cool to hear for the completists. I'm a little forgiving because I like the band so much, so maybe I shouldn't be responding at all. I prefer the punk and crusty grind and am not into the more deathy stuff.

all these are studio recordings, but different pressings have different bonus material:
Agarchy 7" 1991
Theatric Symbolisation of Life 1992
Black Clouds Determinate 1994
Razor Sharp Daggers 1995
Thanks for Your Hostility 1997

a couple other band releases to maybe check out:
Crawl Noise anthology LP on FOAD
Disastrous Murmur - Skinning Beginning 1989 - 1991
Psycho - The Grind Years
early Patareni

DecemberSoul
Mirties Metafora

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:19 pm 

I presume that I am among the majority of people who are aware of a part of their discography only. With that in mind, my rec's for you are the original 90's versions of "Razor sharp daggers" (CD as well as tape bootlegs) and the "Agarchy" 7"EP. The mentioned album covers a nice range of grind - crust - atmospheric tracks with clean singing - old school HC and even some ambient interlude(s).

Reply to topic