Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Braltika
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:16 am 

I've recently been very hooked on Silent EM his music: https://youtu.be/P2_Wb8kNAG0

I know of a few other bands with similar sounds from the 80s like Art Kinder Industrie (https://youtu.be/IXrPvy_g0NA) but somehow Silent EM seems to hit differently.

I'd love to hear some of your recommendations that resemble his sound the most.

Grimnic
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:33 pm 

See what you think about Statiqbloom. If you like them you could also try Plasma Pool with Attila on vocals though his vocals are way more fucked up. You can try Run Level Zero's first album Symbol of Submission which is more EBM but I still had to suggest that album since it's fucking amazing and nobody talks about it. Lastly for the more coldwave direction I'll rec Lebanon Hanover's Let Them Be Alien album.

This are not quite spot on suggestions BUT you might get something out of it. Hope you enjoy!

Braltika
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:56 pm 

Grimnic wrote:
See what you think about Statiqbloom. If you like them you could also try Plasma Pool with Attila on vocals though his vocals are way more fucked up. You can try Run Level Zero's first album Symbol of Submission which is more EBM but I still had to suggest that album since it's fucking amazing and nobody talks about it. Lastly for the more coldwave direction I'll rec Lebanon Hanover's Let Them Be Alien album.

This are not quite spot on suggestions BUT you might get something out of it. Hope you enjoy!

Hey, first of, thanks for taking your time to suggest these artists/albums. I have checked them all out. A few of these sound a bit too industrial for my taste. I can digest it, but in the right mood. I'm probably not in the right mood. Never expected to hear Attila in such a different setting. Very odd sound!

But that Lebanon Hanover album was a bullseye for sure. Very ethereal and with elements that remind me of The Cure. I really dig it. Cheers! I think I'm a bit more into that depressing synth sound laden with melancholy at this time.

Reply to topic