Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
raspberrysoda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:29 pm 

Hi everyone. Found my recent addiction not long ago, and I need more of it. Title checks out - basically death doom bands you can hardcore dance to, with still having the riff factor. Can anyone recommend me more bands like these? Thanks in advance.

stainedclass2112 wrote:
It was a joke you darn can of fizzy sweetened liquid

BastardHead wrote:
Somebody is getting murdered but poor razz just wants his beauty sleep.

robotniq
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:22 pm 

That top one is seriously good, never heard those guys before. They sound to me like Finnish death metal (i.e., Abhorrence/Demigod), I can't hear any beatdown hardcore in there at all, unless you mean the reedy, Slayer-esque at 2:40 which is as danceable as something Abnegation could have come up with. Either way it sounds great.

The second one sounds like a different kettle of fish. This sounds like beatdown to me, albeit with big death metal vibes. I'm not much into it because I'm not a huge fan of that style these days.
I guess you could listen to the self-titled debut EP by Drowning (France) for a similar vibe, or maybe Crawlspace (Belgium).

Ah... just thought - check out the song "Paled" by Dusk (USA). That song is pure mammoth death doom but the way the riffs connect provides a massive dancefloor vibe to it.

funeralravens
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:09 pm 

I'm not much into death metal, but the first song is really cool. I don't hear any doom in the sound, though. I agree that it does sound a little bit beatdowny.

I can't contribute meaningfully to this conversation because my knowledge of death metal is pretty limited, but what is your opinion of slam death metal? It tends to have the type of riffing that could be heard in the song by Exsanguinated. If you listen to this slam song by Abominable Putridity, it's kind of dancey. I believe it has similar appeal to a lot of beatdown hardcore.

Also, won't a fusion of death metal and beatdown fulfill your request? Irate is one band of this kind that I occasionally listen to.

Reply to topic