Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
doomicus
Metalhead

Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 5:58 am
Posts: 521
Location: Kenfuckedy
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:34 am 
 

Required Fields wrote:
I'm looking for thrash metal that has been released in 2019 that is comparable to albums like these stylistically:
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Demolition Hammer - Tortured Existence
Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death

As a massive fan of that style of thrash metal, what is the closest album to albums like that you can suggest that has been released in 2019?


Check out Detherous - Hacked to Death. I think you'll find a lot to like with this release, and your mentioned albums are definite influences on them.
_________________
Drink and drive, I drink and drive
Got mothers against me I'm still alive

Top
 Profile  
Required Fields
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:32 pm
Posts: 739
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:00 pm 
 

doomicus wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
I'm looking for thrash metal that has been released in 2019 that is comparable to albums like these stylistically:
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Demolition Hammer - Tortured Existence
Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death

As a massive fan of that style of thrash metal, what is the closest album to albums like that you can suggest that has been released in 2019?


Check out Detherous - Hacked to Death. I think you'll find a lot to like with this release, and your mentioned albums are definite influences on them.


I found out some good news and some not so good news about them.

The good news is they play a live show about a 40 minute drive from where I live next month.

The bad news is that I start a new job next month, and I am not able to book a day off or modify my schedule, so I can't attend. :(

It's sad, because maybe two or three metal shows come in my local area a year (metal music is banned by pretty much all venues within a two hour radius or so), and when one finally comes along, I can't attend it.

Hopefully, they'll come here again, and I'll be able to attend. But given the extreme rarity it is for metal of any kind to play where I live (in fact, you're lucky to find a venue that will even allow you to play pop-punk), I don't see that happening.
_________________
Required Fields on YouTube

Top
 Profile  
thrashinbatman
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:31 pm
Posts: 1216
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:33 pm 
 

I'm looking for new-ish thrash that's well-written. It can be melodic or aggressive, I don't care, I just need it to be catchy and have interesting riffs. So much modern thrash I hear is really boring and not very well written, and I desperately want to hear a new thrash song with some killer choruses or badass riffs.

Top
 Profile  
Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:16 am
Posts: 3118
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:51 pm 
 

thrashinbatman wrote:
I'm looking for new-ish thrash that's well-written. It can be melodic or aggressive, I don't care, I just need it to be catchy and have interesting riffs. So much modern thrash I hear is really boring and not very well written, and I desperately want to hear a new thrash song with some killer choruses or badass riffs.


Check out "overlord" from my sig.
_________________
TEMPLE OF BLOOD: Intense PowerThrash Metal
Facebook / Bandcamp - (now featuring our newly remastered & greatly improved version of "Overlord") / Merch / Homepage

Top
 Profile  
Required Fields
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:32 pm
Posts: 739
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:21 am 
 

Required Fields wrote:
doomicus wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
I'm looking for thrash metal that has been released in 2019 that is comparable to albums like these stylistically:
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Demolition Hammer - Tortured Existence
Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death

As a massive fan of that style of thrash metal, what is the closest album to albums like that you can suggest that has been released in 2019?


Check out Detherous - Hacked to Death. I think you'll find a lot to like with this release, and your mentioned albums are definite influences on them.


I found out some good news and some not so good news about them.

The good news is they play a live show about a 40 minute drive from where I live next month.

The bad news is that I start a new job next month, and I am not able to book a day off or modify my schedule, so I can't attend. :(

It's sad, because maybe two or three metal shows come in my local area a year (metal music is banned by pretty much all venues within a two hour radius or so), and when one finally comes along, I can't attend it.

Hopefully, they'll come here again, and I'll be able to attend. But given the extreme rarity it is for metal of any kind to play where I live (in fact, you're lucky to find a venue that will even allow you to play pop-punk), I don't see that happening.


Update: my work start date has been pushed to next week, and I will be able to see Detherous live after all. Pumped.
_________________
Required Fields on YouTube

Top
 Profile  
Xenophon
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:07 am
Posts: 1172
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:23 pm 
 

Awesome, that new Detherous album was a good one indeed.

thrashinbatman wrote:
I'm looking for new-ish thrash that's well-written. It can be melodic or aggressive, I don't care, I just need it to be catchy and have interesting riffs. So much modern thrash I hear is really boring and not very well written, and I desperately want to hear a new thrash song with some killer choruses or badass riffs.

Critical Defiance's new album seems to be pretty popular. It's aggressive and well-written, albeit slightly overrated in my opinion. Also, Chainbreaker's Lethal Desire is a fun one, although it's arguably more speed metal than thrash.

Top
 Profile  
Required Fields
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:32 pm
Posts: 739
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:32 am 
 

Some rather unfortunate news.

I went to the show Detherous was scheduled to play at tonight, and it turned out that they weren't able to perform due to transportation issues.

So only two bands (Widow's Peak, who are the current tour partners for Detherous, and the local punk band Keith Doom and the Wrecking Crew) performed instead of the scheduled three.

Apart from the band members, there were only about five people who ended up attending the show. :(
_________________
Required Fields on YouTube

Top
 Profile  
MayanWarrior86
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:41 am
Posts: 78
Location: Korea, South
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:13 pm 
 

Required Fields wrote:
Some rather unfortunate news.

I went to the show Detherous was scheduled to play at tonight, and it turned out that they weren't able to perform due to transportation issues.

So only two bands (Widow's Peak, who are the current tour partners for Detherous, and the local punk band Keith Doom and the Wrecking Crew) performed instead of the scheduled three.

Apart from the band members, there were only about five people who ended up attending the show. :(


Damn dude that sucks. I also lack metal in my locality but not to that degree sadly. Sorry to hear man.

Top
 Profile  
disturbedheretic
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 10:39 pm
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:48 pm 
 

thrashinbatman wrote:
I'm looking for new-ish thrash that's well-written. It can be melodic or aggressive, I don't care, I just need it to be catchy and have interesting riffs. So much modern thrash I hear is really boring and not very well written, and I desperately want to hear a new thrash song with some killer choruses or badass riffs.


This is gonna sound ridiculous....but The Madness and The Madman is my solo project....I don't think it's amazing cause every artist is probably very self critical....but it is catchy, hook driven, and has some weird riffing in it. It was put under the progressive thrash genre when submitted here....I honestly didn't know what it was. Maybe it's your thing....maybe not. As far as good thrash inspired modern bands....I like Ola Englund, (ola also plays guitar for) The Haunted, and Byzantine...it's not super new but Sylosis is great as well. Good luck in your search man!

https://themadnessandthemadman.bandcamp ... reissue-ep

Top
 Profile  
Vadara
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:14 pm
Posts: 259
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:19 pm 
 

I expect to be called a poser, but thrash is slightly derived from hardcore, so...are there thrash bands (as well as crossover--in fact I expect any answers to this will probably be more crossover than pure thrash) which frequently use hardcore breakdowns?

Top
 Profile  
RattEurope
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:59 pm
Posts: 46
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:56 am 
 

Warbringer and Havok are my favorite thrash metal bands of the past ten years, though I notice that they do not always get great reviews here. If anyone has suggestions for better bands of the last decade with at least three albums I would be interested.
_________________
Justice for Ratt!
Justice for Europe!

Top
 Profile  
Necrodictator
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:33 pm
Posts: 109
Location: Zimbabwe
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:33 am 
 

More like this?
https://youtu.be/aa-xtpT6b1M

Top
 Profile  
alexo666
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:53 am
Posts: 383
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:52 am 
 

Vadara wrote:
I expect to be called a poser, but thrash is slightly derived from hardcore, so...are there thrash bands (as well as crossover--in fact I expect any answers to this will probably be more crossover than pure thrash) which frequently use hardcore breakdowns?



Got you.











_________________
OneRodeToAsaBay on dating wrote:
I'm never again fucking anyone who doesn't love Judas Priest and that's that.


Last FM

Top
 Profile  
Festivus
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:26 pm
Posts: 1403
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:53 pm 
 

What are some good thrash bands that are not from USA, Germany, Canada and Brazil? I already know Artillery from Denmark and Coroner from Switzerland btw.

Bands can can be from any continent, btw.
_________________
Last.FM | Myanimelist | Letterboxd

Top
 Profile  
Required Fields
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:32 pm
Posts: 739
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:46 am 
 

Festivus wrote:
What are some good thrash bands that are not from USA, Germany, Canada and Brazil? I already know Artillery from Denmark and Coroner from Switzerland btw.

Bands can can be from any continent, btw.


Sabbat were from England. Definitely check them out; Dreamweaver was their best album, in my opinion.

Ripper are a more recent thrash metal band; they are from Chile. Be sure to check them out as well.

Target were a pretty good thrash metal band who came from Belgium.

Hexenhaus were another good thrash metal band; they came from Sweden.
_________________
Required Fields on YouTube

Top
 Profile  
Festivus
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:26 pm
Posts: 1403
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:56 pm 
 

Required Fields wrote:
Festivus wrote:
What are some good thrash bands that are not from USA, Germany, Canada and Brazil? I already know Artillery from Denmark and Coroner from Switzerland btw.

Bands can can be from any continent, btw.


Sabbat were from England. Definitely check them out; Dreamweaver was their best album, in my opinion.

Ripper are a more recent thrash metal band; they are from Chile. Be sure to check them out as well.

Target were a pretty good thrash metal band who came from Belgium.

Hexenhaus were another good thrash metal band; they came from Sweden.

Oh I forgot about Sabbat. Then again I haven't listened much to them yet and it's been a while.

I'll check the other ones out. Thanks.
_________________
Last.FM | Myanimelist | Letterboxd

Top
 Profile  
tata668
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:17 pm
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:51 pm 
 

1. I'm looking for more albums like:

- Destruktor - Opprobrium ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjms5fT ... xoQoR87v5R )
- Lucifera - Preludio Del Mal ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7eCCYaUST0 )
- Nekromantheon - Divinity Of Death ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFdggbwB2PQ )

You know *very* agressive thrash metal. With catchy riffs. And Ideally with some blast beats once in a while... Maybe this is called "black thrash"?

2. Or single songs like:

- Flagellator - To Hells Servants ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHCi82UzcYk )
- Nifelheim - Servants Of Darkness ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tsbcwUfix0 )
- Nocturnal - Rising Demons ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCrTGDgPXeM )

Any suggestions? I LOVE this style of metal.

Top
 Profile  
Daniels 4 Beasts
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:22 am
Posts: 112
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:26 pm 
 

My first impression was Bathory's first four albums. What do you think of this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fz-bkCKQm0

or Sarcofago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=micxOy0zJdI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEuxFiVbvk0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGWR04wQRQY

I like that sound also & I'd actually heard of Nifelheim. As I listen to more I may think of other stuff, as I say it's just a first impression

Top
 Profile  
tata668
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:17 pm
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:10 pm 
 

Hey, what's up. Thanks for the suggestions!
Without being an undisputed metal connoisseur, I'm an old fart and I've already hear those two classic bands! They are solid suggestions and I agree they leans toward black thrash... "Sarcofago - The laws of the scourge" probably being my favorite among your picks.

Keep the suggestions coming please... I'm looking for all the most obscure black perls out there. Fast and agressive!

Top
 Profile  
tata668
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:17 pm
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:44 pm 
 

I WANT MORE !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YWXxFtIfyw (for the title, not for the style I'm looking for!)

Top
 Profile  
tata668
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:17 pm
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:56 pm 
 

So this thread is fucking dead, right?

Happy new year!

Top
 Profile  
Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:16 am
Posts: 3118
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:25 pm 
 

I'm not really into crusty/black thrash.

I'm more into melodic/tech thrash.

Sorry, can't help ya.
_________________
TEMPLE OF BLOOD: Intense PowerThrash Metal
Facebook / Bandcamp - (now featuring our newly remastered & greatly improved version of "Overlord") / Merch / Homepage

Top
 Profile  
wrathchild_88
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:16 pm
Posts: 495
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:56 pm 
 

Here's a few black/thrash bands to try:
Absu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESiJRThy6UY
Aura Noir https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZEkRIR0j-g
Condor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvds1JmvVfE
Desaster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa4V0osjjfc
Frosthelm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OqNpT8oZPE
Ketzer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9hm323mZik
Nocturnal Graves https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtaE7dOHUJk
Sauron https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqcklnWo_uc
Terrorama https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Fa5qb8qks
_________________
Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Zdan
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:05 pm
Posts: 2288
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:04 pm 
 

To that list I can add Mordant and if you like a black/speed/thrash/power mix than also Bewitched.

Top
 Profile  
DrummingEdge133
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:48 pm
Posts: 2145
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:04 pm 
 

Don't forget the big two of Japanese black/thrash:

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Abigail/1282
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Sabbat/580
_________________
Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Zdan
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:05 pm
Posts: 2288
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:51 pm 
 

Out of those two I much prefer Sabbat - more musicality, better riffs and even the vocals are more on point. However Abigail has that punky, sleazy touch that I really like too.

Top
 Profile  
BigNorm
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:53 pm
Posts: 4
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:55 pm 
 

Hey guys, I've been trying to find an album I had when I was a young whippersnapper. I can't remember the band name or album title, but I CAN remember that the album cover had a guy in the middle of the ocean that had fallen off a cruise ship or something into choppy water, maybe an Ed Repka cover. It was kind of technical thrash. Maybe someone can help dislodge this mind splinter I have! Thanks!

Top
 Profile  
Zdan
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:05 pm
Posts: 2288
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:26 pm 
 

BigNorm wrote:
Hey guys, I've been trying to find an album I had when I was a young whippersnapper. I can't remember the band name or album title, but I CAN remember that the album cover had a guy in the middle of the ocean that had fallen off a cruise ship or something into choppy water, maybe an Ed Repka cover. It was kind of technical thrash. Maybe someone can help dislodge this mind splinter I have! Thanks!


Gonna give it a shot - Forced Entry "Uncertain Future"?

Top
 Profile  
BigNorm
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:53 pm
Posts: 4
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:16 pm 
 

Holy shit, that's it! Thanks Zdan!

Top
 Profile  
Zdan
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:05 pm
Posts: 2288
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:04 pm 
 

BigNorm wrote:
Holy shit, that's it! Thanks Zdan!


No problem. Glad to help!

Top
 Profile  
ljjnico
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 7:38 am
Posts: 21
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:15 am 
 

tata668 wrote:
1. I'm looking for more albums like:

- Destruktor - Opprobrium ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjms5fT ... xoQoR87v5R )
- Lucifera - Preludio Del Mal ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7eCCYaUST0 )
- Nekromantheon - Divinity Of Death ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFdggbwB2PQ )

You know *very* agressive thrash metal. With catchy riffs. And Ideally with some blast beats once in a while... Maybe this is called "black thrash"?

2. Or single songs like:

- Flagellator - To Hells Servants ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHCi82UzcYk )
- Nifelheim - Servants Of Darkness ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tsbcwUfix0 )
- Nocturnal - Rising Demons ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCrTGDgPXeM )

Any suggestions? I LOVE this style of metal.

Check out Totengott. Total Hellhammer/Celtic Frost/Triptykon worship from Spain.

Top
 Profile  
Khan Vozdig
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:39 pm
Posts: 78
Location: Hungary
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:44 pm 
 

Looking for some old school thrash bands that have a melodic/technical style similar to that of Breaking the Silence era Heathen ...

Top
 Profile  
Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:16 am
Posts: 3118
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:15 pm 
 

Khan Vozdig wrote:
Looking for some old school thrash bands that have a melodic/technical style similar to that of Breaking the Silence era Heathen ...


From my RYM review:

Quote:
Heathen
Breaking the Silence (1987)

This sounds like a lot of USPM influence combined with "Bonded by Blood".

Generic riffs and vocal lines. The best song here is the Sweet cover because it has some actual songwriting.

There's a strong emphasis in this band on a lot of guitar solos, which are pretty well-done and are the highlight of this recording.

Favorite tracks:
"Set Me Free":

This album might appeal to fans of Griffin, Paradox, Exodus "Bonded by Blood", or Savage Grace.


https://rateyourmusic.com/list/GeneralZ ... -of-art/7/
_________________
TEMPLE OF BLOOD: Intense PowerThrash Metal
Facebook / Bandcamp - (now featuring our newly remastered & greatly improved version of "Overlord") / Merch / Homepage

Top
 Profile  
colin040
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:00 pm
Posts: 5994
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:37 pm 
 

Any of you folks heard of Venus Torment? It's Patricio Spalinger's (Ripper) other band and sounds pretty cool. Think of a more melodic variant of Experiments of Existence.




Top
 Profile  
overkill1978
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:11 pm
Posts: 180
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:43 pm 
 

RattEurope wrote:
Warbringer and Havok are my favorite thrash metal bands of the past ten years, though I notice that they do not always get great reviews here. If anyone has suggestions for better bands of the last decade with at least three albums I would be interested.


I also like Warbringer quite a lot. Their new stuff is sounding really good so far also. Havok.... the first two albums were great. Point of No Return EP was pretty solid also, imo... after that, riffs became a bit stale and they started doing the Megadeth political lyrics which I don't care for at all. Hopefully their new album will be a return to how they started. The answer to your question however is ....Vektor. Imo, easily the best thrash band since the 80s. Start here then go down the 3 album rabbit hole (4 if you count Demolition demo, which most do not...):Vektor. Imo, easily the best thrash band since the 80s. Start here then go down the 3 album rabbit hole (4 if you count Demolition demo, which most do not...):


Top
 Profile  
potentialBand
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:55 pm
Posts: 9
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:16 pm 
 

overkill1978 wrote:
RattEurope wrote:
Warbringer and Havok are my favorite thrash metal bands of the past ten years, though I notice that they do not always get great reviews here. If anyone has suggestions for better bands of the last decade with at least three albums I would be interested.


I also like Warbringer quite a lot. Their new stuff is sounding really good so far also. Havok.... the first two albums were great. Point of No Return EP was pretty solid also, imo... after that, riffs became a bit stale and they started doing the Megadeth political lyrics which I don't care for at all. Hopefully their new album will be a return to how they started. The answer to your question however is ....Vektor. Imo, easily the best thrash band since the 80s. Start here then go down the 3 album rabbit hole (4 if you count Demolition demo, which most do not...):Vektor. Imo, easily the best thrash band since the 80s. Start here then go down the 3 album rabbit hole (4 if you count Demolition demo, which most do not...):



Vektor is/was(?) a great band, its sad and disappointing about what happened.
Other great modern thrash acts would include:

Lazarus AD
Evile
Municipal Waste
Revocation
Power Trip

Top
 Profile  
Grisly Bare
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 11:15 pm
Posts: 46
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:38 am 
 

potentialBand wrote:
overkill1978 wrote:
RattEurope wrote:
Warbringer and Havok are my favorite thrash metal bands of the past ten years, though I notice that they do not always get great reviews here. If anyone has suggestions for better bands of the last decade with at least three albums I would be interested.


I also like Warbringer quite a lot. Their new stuff is sounding really good so far also. Havok.... the first two albums were great. Point of No Return EP was pretty solid also, imo... after that, riffs became a bit stale and they started doing the Megadeth political lyrics which I don't care for at all. Hopefully their new album will be a return to how they started. The answer to your question however is ....Vektor. Imo, easily the best thrash band since the 80s. Start here then go down the 3 album rabbit hole (4 if you count Demolition demo, which most do not...):Vektor. Imo, easily the best thrash band since the 80s. Start here then go down the 3 album rabbit hole (4 if you count Demolition demo, which most do not...):



Vektor is/was(?) a great band, its sad and disappointing about what happened.
Other great modern thrash acts would include:

Lazarus AD
Evile
Municipal Waste
Revocation
Power Trip


I would have to vote against Vektor, I don't understand the love that they get. It's best if you skip Vektor entirely and add Dust Bolt to the rest of the suggestions.

Top
 Profile  
Morn Of Solace
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:19 am
Posts: 1875
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:44 am 
 

Antichrist (SWE) have out two incredibly good Thrash metal albums, some of the most intense and riff heavy of the last decade: i highly suggest them!

Top
 Profile  
potentialBand
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:55 pm
Posts: 9
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:05 pm 
 

Grisly Bare wrote:
I would have to vote against Vektor, I don't understand the love that they get. It's best if you skip Vektor entirely and add Dust Bolt to the rest of the suggestions.


They are "out there" for sure as far as thrash goes, but I think they have some strong compositions and rather unique melodies.
It was nice to see a band just do their own thing, not rely heavily on the scene, and to try lots of new ideas.

Plus, i personally really prefer concept albums.

Thanks for the rec by the way, I hadn't heard of dust bolt before, first couple tracks that pulled up seemed good.

Top
 Profile  
Khan Vozdig
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:39 pm
Posts: 78
Location: Hungary
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 6:06 am 
 

Looking for some bands that have a sound similar to the German Paradox's on their Heresy album ...

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group