Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
dogfrog
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:44 am 

I went to check that Demiser link and realized I already had it in my wishlist, good one

Heres a couple great ones I found recently on BC

https://subtype-zero.bandcamp.com/album ... -awakening
https://paranorm.bandcamp.com/album/empyrean
https://furtherial.bandcamp.com/album/liberation-path

Dungeon_Vic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:10 am 

+1 for Demiser. Excellent stuff.

Vic's Dungeon - Remember the Fallen:
Jeff Hanneman: Evil Notes and Sad Riffs
Chuck Schuldiner (Death)
Paul Baloff (Exodus)
Holy Terror and Keith Deen
Roger Patterson (Atheist)

The_Doo_Over
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:07 am 

I have been listening to Metallica, Megadeth, and Testament for a couple of years now. Recently, I have also been getting into the Teutonic Big Four (Destruction, Kreator, Sodom, and Tankard), as well as Anthrax and Slayer. I’m honestly wondering what other thrash bands you (or anyone) would recommend to me since I want to get even further into the genre and spice up my listening experience. So what other thrash bands (from any timeline and country) would you (or anyone else who wants to answer my question) recommend I start listening to?

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:23 am 

The_Doo_Over wrote:
I have been listening to Metallica, Megadeth, and Testament for a couple of years now. Recently, I have also been getting into the Teutonic Big Four (Destruction, Kreator, Sodom, and Tankard), as well as Anthrax and Slayer. I’m honestly wondering what other thrash bands you (or anyone) would recommend to me since I want to get even further into the genre and spice up my listening experience. So what other thrash bands (from any timeline and country) would you (or anyone else who wants to answer my question) recommend I start listening to?

I'm assuming you are familiar mostly with the big names, i'll point you out some of the earliest "less known" bands i came across, let me know if it helps!

Coroner is one of the first that blew my mind when i started exploring the lesser known bands: their albums Punishment For Decadence, No More Color and Mental Vortex impressed me with some of the best guitarwork in the genre. Toxik's first album and Think This and Artillery's By Inheritance are also two albums i would suggest whitout doubt to any thrash fan.

Voivod are one of the best bands ever, but their album took me a while to appreciate: Killing Technology, Dimension Hatross and the latest The Wake have some of the most unorthodox and creative guitar work in the whole genre. If you try them prepare for a trip!

There are also albums i really hold dear because they were some of the first i discovered outside the big names: Morbid Saint's Spectrum of Death (some of the most violent thrash ever) Sacrifice's Soldiers of Misfortune (a darker, moodier experience than their early albums) Dark Angel's Darkness Descends and Time Does Not Heal (both different crazy albums with some of the darkest material of the genre) and Mekong Delta's Music of Erich Zann (frantic, technical thrash)

Then in the end for more recent material you can try albums like Vulture's The Guillottine and Antichrist (SWE) 's two fantastic albums.

I listed quite a lot of stuff, but it should be a good start! Once you get going then you can proceed with the "similar artists" tab on find a whole new world of music :)

also shout out to thrasher extraordinaire Dungeon_Vic to see if i missed some really important ones! :lol:

MetlaNZ
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:44 am 

The_Doo_Over wrote:

There's so many mate but I'll recommend just a few off the top of my head for now, don't wanna over do it.

Exodus
Dark Angel
Forbidden
Vio-lence
Death Angel
Nuclear Assault
Annihilator
Flotsam And Jetsam
Sacred Reich
Nasty Savage
Agent Steel
Sabbat (UK)
Metal Church
Coroner
Possessed
Artillery
Razor
Voivod
Exciter
Sacrifice
Mortal Sin
Sarcofago
Laaz Rockit
Onslaught
Celtic Frost
Bathory
Hirax
Morbid Saint
Suicidal Tendencies
D.R.I.

Like most bands it's the earlier releases you should check out first. Enjoy.

The_Doo_Over
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:10 pm 

MetlaNZ wrote:

There's so many mate but I'll recommend just a few off the top of my head for now, don't wanna over do it.

Exodus
Dark Angel
Forbidden
Vio-lence
Death Angel
Nuclear Assault
Annihilator
Flotsam And Jetsam
Sacred Reich
Nasty Savage
Agent Steel
Sabbat (UK)
Metal Church
Coroner
Possessed
Artillery
Razor
Voivod
Exciter
Sacrifice
Mortal Sin
Sarcofago
Laaz Rockit
Onslaught
Celtic Frost
Bathory
Hirax
Morbid Saint
Suicidal Tendencies
D.R.I.

Like most bands it's the earlier releases you should check out first. Enjoy.[/quote]

Thank you for recommending all of these bands to me. I have been exposed to Bathory’s first two albums (a few days ago), Possessed’s first album, most of Voivod’s first album, and one Death Angel track (“The Ultra-Violence). Even out of these bands, I still have so much more to listen to, and even more so for the other bands mentioned that I have never listened to. I can’t wait to start listening to all of these bands.

MetlaNZ
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:26 am 

The_Doo_Over wrote:
Thank you for recommending all of these bands to me. I have been exposed to Bathory’s first two albums (a few days ago), Possessed’s first album, most of Voivod’s first album, and one Death Angel track (“The Ultra-Violence). Even out of these bands, I still have so much more to listen to, and even more so for the other bands mentioned that I have never listened to. I can’t wait to start listening to all of these bands.

Happy to help out. I've been listening to this stuff since the late 80's, absolutely love it and it's cool to see people are still keen to check this stuff out. If you need any other band or album recs just ask.

JimbolikesPizza
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:55 am 

The_Doo_Over wrote:

MetlaNZ has a great list. I'll list some other bands, mostly newer.

Warbringer
Havok
Power Trip
Lich King
Xentrix
Hazzerd
Municipal Waste
Iron Reagan
Evildead
Toxic Holocaust
Enforced
Whiplash
Overkill
Violator
S.O.D. (Stormtroopers of Death)
M.O.D. (Method of Destruction)
Lazarus A.D.
High Command
Demolition Hammer
Skeleton Pit
Terrifier
Lost Society
Thrashwall
Netherblade
Bio-Cancer

MetlaNZ
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 1:02 am 

Mordred have released a new song from the upcoming album "The Dark Parade". When I first heard it I thought it sucked because the vocals just did not impress me but... it's growing on me with each listen. It's starting to make sense. Strange.

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 1:59 pm 

So I've been getting into Nailbomb's "Point Blank" album lately, and I really enjoy the mix between thrash metal and industrial metal. Are there any other good bands/albums that mix in thrash with some industrial metal?

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 2:21 am 

Slater922 wrote:
So I've been getting into Nailbomb's "Point Blank" album lately, and I really enjoy the mix between thrash metal and industrial metal. Are there any other good bands/albums that mix in thrash with some industrial metal?

Are you familiar with Prong albums like Beg to Differ, Cleansing, Prove you Wrong... ? they have a very interesting mechanized, surgical atmosphere, but they tend to be slower than Nailbomb

Also there is also the mandatory Rio Grande Blood by Ministry: check out the sheer sonic attack of the title track, the bridge-into-solo section at 2:42 is glorious

Spoiler: show

Dungeon_Vic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 3:27 am 

Ministry was my first thought too. Strapping Young Lad - City was the second.

Vic's Dungeon - Remember the Fallen:
Jeff Hanneman: Evil Notes and Sad Riffs
Chuck Schuldiner (Death)
Paul Baloff (Exodus)
Holy Terror and Keith Deen
Roger Patterson (Atheist)

Mystic_Stylez
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 3:17 pm 

Is there a “Your Favorite Thrash Metal Albums List” thread or poll here somewhere? Or even other sub genres like black metal or death metal list. I would like to make a survey of most popular or most liked albums here. Please link me up I can’t seem to find one even if I make a search of it. Thanks in advance to all.

Don Karlos
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:18 pm 

Few more good ones not listed yet :

Angelus Apatrida

In Malices Wake

Crisix

Hatriot

firelord_
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:22 am 

Recently found this gem I've been enjoying a lot. Old-school death/thrash, reminds me of Demolition Hammer with a touch of Solstice. Chunky guitar tone and violent thrashy spirit. Gotta check out the rest of their discography, apparently they've released two LPs already. The intro riff on this EP had me sold straight away, check it out!

Gas_Snake
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:09 am 

PREPARE THE LARGE BONER OF TECH THRASH

I'm looking for flashy, notey stuff that's musically distinct from what thrash normally sounds like. Show me all of the crazy things.

Already familiar with:

Coroner (gold standard #1)
Watchtower - Control And Resistance (gold standard #2)
Deathrow - Deception Ignored (gold standard #3. To this day, I have trouble believing something this awesome was conceived by human beings)
Voivod - Killing Technology (gold standard #4. Other stuff is also amazing, but this is the only one that I can say fits that definition)
Mekong Delta (haven't dug deeper into their catalogue as of yet)
Destruction - Release From Agony (surgery put to music)
Helstar - Nosferatu (borderline, but musically it does fit what I'm looking for)
Hexenhaus (cool occult stuff)
Toxik (it's alright I guess)
Anacrusis (Fuck that vocalist, but I wouldn't mind something like Reason or Manic Impressions musically)
Artillery, Heathen, Paradox (borderline, I wouldn't call them tech-thrash, but they're all flashy and awesome)

Long thrash without any stand-out things (do not want):

Metallica - AJFA
Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal

In return, I wish to show you this. Found them through Bandcamp and am loving it. Flashy riffs and solos everywhere, very catchy, intelligent lyrics... fucking amazing. Might review it later.

... stop laying the blame on me alone, as next time I see you calling out my name in public just to vent your frustration, as if I were some sort of second coming of Stalin, I might stop being so polite and I might even tell you where to put your Philosophy degree.

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:50 am 

Aspid (from Russia) fits in your description, and if you are willing to accept some death metal in your thrash there is Hellwitch's Syzygial Miscreancy which has bonkers playing.

if you are searching more obscure bands there is Abuser's only album: while not being excessively acrobatic it has a lot really interesting riffs overall.
Midas Touch also was a fine band of borderline tech-thrash.

On the weirder side of things there are Obliveon from Canada: they have a lot of unpredictable, angular riffs and odd song structures. Their album Nemesis is really interesting.

SouthofHeaven11
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:55 am 

Bonehunter’s new album crushes hard

caio160
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:41 am 

Gas_Snake wrote:

I'm looking for flashy, notey stuff that's musically distinct from what thrash normally sounds like. Show me all of the crazy things.

Already familiar with:

Deathrow - Deception Ignored (gold standard #3. To this day, I have trouble believing something this awesome was conceived by human beings)
Voivod - Killing Technology (gold standard #4. Other stuff is also amazing, but this is the only one that I can say fits that definition)
Helstar - Nosferatu (borderline, but musically it does fit what I'm looking for)
Anacrusis (Fuck that vocalist, but I wouldn't mind something like Reason or Manic Impressions musically)
Artillery, Heathen, Paradox (borderline, I wouldn't call them tech-thrash, but they're all flashy and awesome)

Metallica - AJFA

In return, I wish to show you this. Found them through Bandcamp and am loving it. Flashy riffs and solos everywhere, very catchy, intelligent lyrics... fucking amazing. Might review it later.

Haven't you checked out Vektor?

MetlaNZ
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:16 am 

E-Force return after 6 years with their 5th album Mindbender [released November 19th, 2021]. Check out the 2 singles from it, they sound pretty bloody good to me:

SouthofHeaven11
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:56 am 

I didn't know about E-Force until very recent when someone mentioned them in that thrash thread in the Metal Discussion forum. Those new singles sound really good.

Coastliner
Metalhead

Location: beyond the blue on some ancient, tattered Fates Warning cover
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:51 am 

caio160 wrote:
Gas_Snake wrote:

Already familiar with:

Metallica - AJFA

Haven't you checked out Vektor?

I'd add (off the top of my head)...

Realm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p89eeUAlwYk
Arcane: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL3ce-O ... 2E7335B238
Spiral Architect (Watchtower copy 1): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7ZipHFZTaY
Osiris: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpWCDUn7d3Q
Target: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt1TG3b961c
"Lifecycle" by Sieges Even (their only tech thrash album, Watchtower copy 2): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGiyRlo6-Kw
Blind Illusion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK4eKYVeu4g
Depressive Age: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJkyL7kE9dA
Despair: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpPTof7 ... pA&index=1
Calhoun Conquer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cqC6NdULNA

... to that list.

And early Hades: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlbRiAN ... B5QdTWjgtw
They never really played "tech thrash" but incorporated certain elements.

The same applies to "The New Machine of Liechtenstein" by Holy Moses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsNp-wC8jCc
Not tech thrash but living next door to it.

Plus: "Protected from Reality" by Living Death - if only for the fact that their guitarists also were in Mekong Delta. Not tech thrash at all but no collection of that subgenre is complete without the brilliant instrumental "Wood of Necrophiliac": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URkQstb ... nU&index=4

septicgoathorn
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:49 pm 

anyone know of any other albums similar to sadus - chemical exposure? i love the brutality which is borderline death metal and the unpredictable creative songwriting on songs like "undead" and "certain death"

i know of morbid saint which comes pretty close but i'm definitely enjoying sadus a lot more currently

MetlaNZ
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:59 pm 

septicgoathorn wrote:
anyone know of any other albums similar to sadus - chemical exposure? i love the brutality which is borderline death metal and the unpredictable creative songwriting on songs like "undead" and "certain death"

i know of morbid saint which comes pretty close but i'm definitely enjoying sadus a lot more currently

Insanity - Death After Death - there's a great 2CD reissue that came out in 2019 that's well worth checking out, but there's loads of other bands all worth diving into like:

Opprobrium (aka Incubus), Hellwitch, Num Skull, Demolition Hammer, Ripping Corpse, Epidemic, Solstice (US), Pentagram Chile, Pestilence (1st lp), Malevolent Creation (1st & 2nd lps), Athiest (1st lp), Sindrome etc.

If you like this kinda stuff then check out the rather awesome Death/Thrash thread, it's a treasure trove for this stuff.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:44 pm 

septicgoathorn wrote:

Agressor - Neverending Destiny
Epidemic - Decameron
Epidemic - The Truth of what will be
Demolition Hammer - Tortured Existence
Demolition Hammer -Epidemic of Violence
Invocator - Excursion Demise
Incubus - Serpent Temptation
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Devastation - Idolatry

vindfukk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:26 pm 

Gimme good deathrash that's more focused on the thrash

Sound-wise like Ouroboros {AUS}, WOE OF TYRANTS, Sylosis (though I don't appreciate it having lots of breakdowns like Sylosis). You now get my drift about the tone / sound I'm after. Modern thrash, minus the over-grooving, with (solid) hints of death metal

deadweight2
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:13 pm 

I have what I suspect might be an annoying recommendation request. I apologize if you've heard this one a million times before. I love old Metallica and Megadeth, and I've spent a bunch of time trying out thrash bands, trying to duplicate that, but I'm having a hard time finding anything else that gets me excited like that. Most thrash bands are too intense/fast/chaotic/over-the-top for me (sorry). I suspect maybe thrash mostly just isn't my genre, but I can't help wonder if there might be some rare bands I might be overlooking that are worth a try. I suspect what I really like about the old Metallica and Megadeth is the songwriting and virtuosic guitar riffs, as opposed to the fastest stuff around.

I love Artillery's By Inheritance, and I like Flotsam & Jetsam, Testament, Stormwarrior. I really enjoyed Paradox's Collision Course. I love Helstar's Nosferatu and early Iced Earth but I realize that's not thrash. I enjoyed Annihilator's Criteria for a Black Widow but apart from that they have so many crappy albums. Some other thrash bands that I thought were just OK, nothing special: Destruction, Heathen's Victim of Deception, Powermad, and to a limited extent, Anthrax, Exodus, Susperia, Sodom, Carnal Forge, Rigor Mortis's Rigor Mortis vs the Earth -- while they have some OK stuff, I rarely find myself drawn to listen to them.

I'm not looking for Slayer, Sepultra, Forbidden, Morbid Angel, The Haunted, S.O.D., Overkill, Dark Angel, Coroner, Nuclear Assault, Voivod, Death Angel, Kreator. In the past I enjoyed The Crown, Witchery, Raise Hell but these days they're too extreme for me. I mostly listen to power metal, melodic death metal, and plain ol' heavy metal, but I'm wondering if I might be missing some thrash classics.

I have a hard time with very high-pitched singers, groove, and "play as fast as you can". I wonder if maybe thrash just isn't the genre for me, and maybe I happen to like a few thrash bands despite their genre rather than because of it. I realize this kind of recommendation request is probably pretty hard to work with and not much fun, so apologies for that (and I definitely don't mean to diss your favorite genre). If you got anything for me, I'd be interested. Thank you for reading!

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:58 am 

It's hard to pinpoint exactly what you're looking for, but maybe try these records:

Accuser - Who Dominates Who
Cyclone Temple - I Hate Therefore I Am
Intruder - A Higher Form of Killing / Psycho Savant
Xentrix - For Whose Advantage

All of those bands have really distinctive songwriting, impressive musicianship, and generally don't have the highest-pitched singers (though Intruder's can be a bit cartoonish).

deadweight2
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:05 am 

Thanks, @Spiner202! I'm not too clear on what I'm asking either, so I appreciate your rolling with it and offering some bands to try despite that.

Of those four, I liked Xentrix best.

Overall, I would prefer more melody. Especially in Accuser and Intruder and Cyclone Temple, but also in Xentrix to some extent, the guitars seemed repetitive and chuggy, with a lot of focus on rhythm and/or a few short riffs repeated many times more than melodic lines that hang together. No concerns about the singers, I was good with all of them. I know that doesn't help clarify much. I don't really know what I'm looking for or what language to describe what I like and don't like. And I know I might be just too picky, or looking for something that isn't there in most thrash.

Thank you for your help suggesting some bands to try! This is such a great forum.

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:29 am 

The one band I realized I totally missed is Realm. Check out their first album Endless War. Before reading some of the specific bands you ruled out, I thought groups like Powermad, Toxik, Forbidden, etc. would be good picks for what you're describing. Realm is in a similar vein to those groups, but they still fit your description of what you're looking for I think.

Maybe try the first two Hallows Eve albums as well? I wouldn't call them melodic, but they're well-written songs. The second album in particular has a few catchy melodies.

deadweight2
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:26 am 

@Spiner202, Thanks. Neither of those was my cup of tea. Maybe most thrash bands are just a bit more intense than I'm ready to handle. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Amerigo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:15 pm 

deadweight2 wrote:
I have what I suspect might be an annoying recommendation request. I apologize if you've heard this one a million times before. I love old Metallica and Megadeth, and I've spent a bunch of time trying out thrash bands, trying to duplicate that, but I'm having a hard time finding anything else that gets me excited like that. Most thrash bands are too intense/fast/chaotic/over-the-top for me (sorry). I suspect maybe thrash mostly just isn't my genre, but I can't help wonder if there might be some rare bands I might be overlooking that are worth a try. I suspect what I really like about the old Metallica and Megadeth is the songwriting and virtuosic guitar riffs, as opposed to the fastest stuff around.

I love Artillery's By Inheritance, and I like Flotsam & Jetsam, Testament, Stormwarrior. I really enjoyed Paradox's Collision Course. I love Helstar's Nosferatu and early Iced Earth but I realize that's not thrash. I enjoyed Annihilator's Criteria for a Black Widow but apart from that they have so many crappy albums. Some other thrash bands that I thought were just OK, nothing special: Destruction, Heathen's Victim of Deception, Powermad, and to a limited extent, Anthrax, Exodus, Susperia, Sodom, Carnal Forge, Rigor Mortis's Rigor Mortis vs the Earth -- while they have some OK stuff, I rarely find myself drawn to listen to them.

I'm not looking for Slayer, Sepultra, Forbidden, Morbid Angel, The Haunted, S.O.D., Overkill, Dark Angel, Coroner, Nuclear Assault, Voivod, Death Angel, Kreator. In the past I enjoyed The Crown, Witchery, Raise Hell but these days they're too extreme for me. I mostly listen to power metal, melodic death metal, and plain ol' heavy metal, but I'm wondering if I might be missing some thrash classics.

I have a hard time with very high-pitched singers, groove, and "play as fast as you can". I wonder if maybe thrash just isn't the genre for me, and maybe I happen to like a few thrash bands despite their genre rather than because of it. I realize this kind of recommendation request is probably pretty hard to work with and not much fun, so apologies for that (and I definitely don't mean to diss your favorite genre). If you got anything for me, I'd be interested. Thank you for reading!

Maybe try Assassin - The Upcoming Terror for a traditional trash metal album that feels reminiscent of Kill Em All?

For more melodic thrash I'd recommend:
Vendetta - Brain Damage (They have my favorite thrash metal instrumental of all time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOZil6oOrBY )
Anacrusis - Suffering Hour
Grinder's first two albums
Annihilator - Alice in Hell (personally it's the only Annihilator album I still come back to)
Poltergeist - Depression

An album that's a bit more crossover-y:
Tourniquet - Psycho Surgery

For slower paced thrash:
Seventh Angel's Lament for the Weary
Depressive Age - 1st Depression

--"Empty Words" Symbolic, Death

DanielG06
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:44 pm 

Wra1th1s wrote:
I'll start. Can anyone recommend good thrash revivalists (is that an oxymoron?) Just curious, seeing as there's a lot of bad press from the new thrashers.

Crisix is amazing. Also, Warbringer and Riptide are some great bands.

Lee Harrison wrote:
Evolution is call evolution I doubt that Oystein Aarseth wasn’t stab at death he was thinking the same bullshit of ‘90…

The sound of perseverance didn’t even came out under the name of Death….

deadweight2
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:27 pm 

Thanks, @Amerigo! Alice in Hell is fun. (I absolutely love the acoustic Crystal Ann to kick things off.) 1st Depression was interesting -- I don't think I've ever heard anything like that -- and probably the closest to grabbing me. I appreciate your suggestions.

Amerigo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:32 pm 

Glad you enjoyed those!

1st Depression definitely has one of the most unique takes on thrash that I'm aware of.

As a fun fact, the frontman of Depressive Age attempted to flee from Soviet-occupied East Berlin to West Berlin but was caught and imprisoned. It's likely the song "Innocent in Detention" is about his experience in a Soviet prison.

--"Empty Words" Symbolic, Death

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:38 am 

Gas_Snake wrote:

Already familiar with:

Metallica - AJFA

Try Astharoth from Poland!

Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:44 am 

More just asking out of interest, but are there any more thrash bands that sound like Slayer? I've always assumed that their influence spread more into death metal, but after listening to thrash the last couple of days it got me wondering.

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:52 pm 

Twin_guitar_attack wrote:
More just asking out of interest, but are there any more thrash bands that sound like Slayer? I've always assumed that their influence spread more into death metal, but after listening to thrash the last couple of days it got me wondering.

For a modern band, try Harlott. They're just a relentless speed assault with shouted vocals. The first album is probably the closest to Slayer, but all four are good. Ballistic would be a good song to start with.

DanielG06
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:39 am 

At War is amazing, and the music is actually fairly original considering the theme.

Lee Harrison wrote:
Evolution is call evolution I doubt that Oystein Aarseth wasn’t stab at death he was thinking the same bullshit of ‘90…

The sound of perseverance didn’t even came out under the name of Death….

Nineties
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:07 pm 

Ministry, KMFDM, and PIG have some thrashy stuff mixed with their industrial metal sounds.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136  Next