* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Bavva
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:33 pm 

wrathchild_88 wrote:
Bavva wrote:
What are the best albums by Vio-Lence, Sacred Reich and Forbidden for example?

I notice that no-one answered this. The answers are:
Vio-Lence: "Eternal Nightmare" and "Oppressing the Masses"
Sacred Reich: "Ignorance"
Forbidden: "Forbidden Evil", "Twisted Into Form"

Thanks!

Bavva
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:22 pm 

Megadeth wrote:
Bavva wrote:
Artillery and Nocturnal Breed has slipped under my radar, for some reason I've always thought they were too power metal/black metallish or whatever, but those songs sound just great. […] Any advice on what's the best Nocturnal Breed album?

If you're not a fan of black thrash then you should get their most recent, Fields of Rot. Their older material is less polished and has more black metal in it. Another fun Norwegian thrash metal band with some black metal in it, is Infernö. These guys are somewhat more minimalistic and crude, but I love their album Utter Hell.

Spun "Fields of Rot" a couple of times now, and like it alot. Those shrieking vocals is a great example of how a black metal (or any outside) influence could and should work I think. I wrote a whole bunch of stuff about the Infernö track, then I realised it was a side-project from Aura Noir member(s?) - that explains alot. The song is fun but could have served of having a better production and more sharp performance, but that's what they already do in their main bands. Maybe I should just dig through the Aura Noir discography instead.

Megadeth wrote:
Bavva wrote:
The Heathen song was way nice, i've only heard glimps of the old material and always had the impression they were somewhat blurry and unfocused, I will do some homework on them when I'm finished going through the Artillery discography, for sure.

Breaking the Silence (sample) is my favorite album by Heathen, but seeing as their most recent sounded more like Mortal Sin (which was your main example) I linked a song from that album instead. Their two first albums are less "heavy" and more old school sounding. All three albums are great, though.

Spinning Heathen right now and the "Evolution of Chaos" album clicked with me instantly. The older stuff is intriguing, great songs and all but the production demands more of an acquired taste. Should be possible to overcome though.
That song you linked is easily the best track on the album, the ending part illustrate pretty much what I want out of progressivity within songs, something that leaves you with a lasting impression and makes you want to return to the song just to hear that part - again and again.

Megadeth wrote:
Another band you have to check out if you don't already know them is the british band Sabbat.

Sabbat is one of those bands I hear being namedropped every now and then but never hear any of the actual music for some strange reason. Will make an effort to adjust that.

Megadeth wrote:
I deliberately left out Vektor because you wanted "progressive and/or melodic leanings withouth completely overdoing it". I don't think they are overdoing it, but they are veeery progressive. Their album Black Future is my favorite thrash metal in probably 20 years. And then you of course have Coroner, another great progressive thrash metal band.

I'm familliar with Vektor and agree on that they're not overdoing it, however I feel they're a bit sprawling. The pure thrash tracks on "Black Future" are absolutely killer, but those songs with noisy post-rock parts really isn't going anywhere. "Outer Isolation" is more consistent with more of a Rush influence replacing the noisy parts, I'd just wish they would do some more straight up thrash! However I agree that they're one of the most interestng bands in a long time though, with a swindling potential and hopefully a bright future ahead of them.
Love Coroner! No More Color is their best album, hands down. Wish they would do a new album, that would probably rage if they were inspired to do it.

Megadeth wrote:
I'm not familiar with Lääz Rockit, but I know they have at least some good stuff (like the linked track). Worth checking out too.

Noted. Will give them a spin when I'm done with the current pile of albums.

Megadeth wrote:
You might also like Blood Tsunami. They have three albums. Their debut, Thrash Metal, has a more melodeath sound to it. Their second album, Grand Feast for Vultures, is more like melodic thrash metal. Their most recent, For faen!, is less melodic and much more aggressive (as can be heard in the first link).

Not so keen on melodeath, but will give the later material a shot at least. BTW you're norwegian right? Correct me if I'm wrong but there seems to be absolutely zero norwegian thrash albums (not counting demos) from the actual 80's? I find this a bit to odd to be true however, hehe..

Last edited by Bavva on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:20 pm 

Megadeth wrote:
This might sound a little ignorant and ironic, considering my nickname, but does anyone know about any thrash metal bands that actually sounds anything like 1980's Megadeth? The similar artist page is impossible to get anything out of, and the same goes for all other recommendations I've seen online. The most similar bands to Megadeth are the other famous thrash metal bands from the 80's? "The big four" are similar? Sigh... The only band that I've currently voted for being similar to Megadeth is Annihilator, but I don't think even they are extremely similar. So does anyone know of any bands that is at least as similar to Megadeth as Annihilator?

The ultimate MEGADETH clone band:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYk_MbpecLI

Megadeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:41 am 

Temple Of Blood wrote:
The ultimate MEGADETH clone band:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYk_MbpecLI

Thanks! I'll give them a shot as well.

Bavva wrote:
BTW you're norwegian right? Correct me if I'm wrong but there seems to be absolutely zero norwegian thrash albums (not counting demos) from the actual 80's? I find this a bit to odd to be true however, hehe..

I didn't think so, but since you asked I did a search for early Norwegian thrash metal albums. Metal-Archives lists one album: Auf Wiedersehen by Equinox was released in 1989 (sample).

Some more statistics of Scandinavian thrash metal albums:

1980–1989: 1 Norwegian album, 8 Swedish, 4 Danish.
1990–1999: 27 Norwegian albums, 127 Swedish, 23 Danish.
2000–2009: 86 Norwegian albums, 256 Swedish, 35 Danish.
2010–: 53 Norwegian, 88 Swedish, 25 Danish.
Sum: 167 Norwegian, 479 Swedish, 87 Danish.

Scandinavian thrash metal albums per 100,000 citizen: 3.34 Norwegian, 5.32 Swedish, 0.63 Danish. For comparison; USA has 1.12, Germany has 1.8 and China has 0.002.

Last edited by Megadeth on Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
BaloroftheEvilEye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:48 am 

Seeing as yez're talking about Megadeth worship, I just wanted to pimp a Northern Irish band called Bakken. As far as I know, they're still giving away their debut for free. Riff-wise, they're very much like Rust In Pieces or Peace Sells... era Megadeth, but vocally are more like Metallica, hope that isn't an issue.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:05 pm 

Menace is one of the few new thrash bands that actually stands out to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqTVNvGtEp0

TimeDoesNotHeal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:56 am 

When it comes to the solos, Tantara, a tech-thrash band from Norway really reminds me of Marty Friedman. Per Semb is the guitarist, and he's RIDICULOUS. Other than that, I'd say they sound more like the Bay Area tech-thrash bands like Heathen and Forbidden, with the vocals reminiscent of Nuclear Assault.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pH1gJlyQig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuRWJHZs-Vg

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:03 pm 

TimeDoesNotHeal wrote:
When it comes to the solos, Tantara, a tech-thrash band from Norway really reminds me of Marty Friedman. Per Semb is the guitarist, and he's RIDICULOUS. Other than that, I'd say they sound more like the Bay Area tech-thrash bands like Heathen and Forbidden, with the vocals reminiscent of Nuclear Assault.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pH1gJlyQig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuRWJHZs-Vg

Well fuck me sideways! :o

It's the second time today that I listen to their album and it seems to be getting better with each spin, starting already at a ridiculous high level of quality. Seriously man, fucking riffs like I've never seen the retro-thrash bands apply. Sure it sounds like Bay Area, sometimes a bit too much in its near plagiarism of some riffs, but it's a pretty massive bashing thrashing piece!

I approve! :nods:

manthemanlyman
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:34 am 

Just saw Destruction live. Great riffs, full of energy. What albums would you guys recommend to check out? Are there any terrible release to avoid? Also can you guys recommend some bands that are similar to destruction?

Bavva
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:33 pm 

manthemanlyman wrote:
Just saw Destruction live. Great riffs, full of energy. What albums would you guys recommend to check out? Are there any terrible release to avoid? Also can you guys recommend some bands that are similar to destruction?

Nice! I've never seen them even though I'm a big fan. I'd say the best albums are "Eternal Devastation" and "Release from Agony", "Infernal Overkill" is a must-hear too, although a bit more unpolished. Same goes for "Sentence of Death". Personally I think "Cracked Brain" is pretty awful, but it's often considered to be among their best work so you might want to give that one a spin too. Don't know too much about their newer albums, other than that "The Antichrist" is decent. Also, you will want to avoid "The Last Human Cannonball" a terrible album. So bad that the members themselves don't want to consider it as a part of their official discography, lol.
On the topic of similar bands, those that comes to mind are first and foremost names like Kreator, Sodom, Tankard, Deathrow and Exumer, german bands with a similar "germanic" sound as classic Destruction.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:52 pm 

manthemanlyman wrote:

I've only seen a few bands live and Destruction was my favorite.

The EP Sentence of Death contains some of my favorite songs like Mad Butcher, and Total Desaster. I'd really recommend that one and the album Eternal Devastation. Of the newer material only The Anti-Christ blows me away with songs like Thrash til death, and Nailed to the Cross. Their live album "Live Without Sense" is excellent as well.

Necronomicon is a German thrash band that takes a lot of influence from them and are worth looking into.
Desaster is a black/thrash band that took their name from their song and I can hear some simmiliarities with some of their material though they have a heavier black metal aesthetic in places. Really look into them with songs like Teutonic Steel, Razor Ritual, Metallized Blood, and Alliance to the Powerthrone.

"edit" For a newer band check out Erazor which sounds a lot like early Destruction
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7AcgvAXd40

Cthulhu_Fhtagn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:23 pm 

I'm looking for bay-area styled thrash in (very much) the vein of Testament, Deliverance, and Vio-lence. I would prefer if it was formed pre 2000.

Crick wrote:
The first one is silly because it's got such dainty eyelashes, yet the guy is terrified. NOT THE MASCARA, CTHULHU! ANYTHING BUT THE MASCARA!

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:20 pm 

Cthulhu_Fhtagn wrote:
I'm looking for bay-area styled thrash in (very much) the vein of Testament, Deliverance, and Vio-lence. I would prefer if it was formed pre 2000.

Check out my band TEMPLE OF BLOOD:. This may be just what you're looking for!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NMLcjOzqBI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPy5o7-T8UU

manthemanlyman
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:14 am 

Bavva wrote:
Nice! I've never seen them even though I'm a big fan. I'd say the best albums are "Eternal Devastation" and "Release from Agony", "Infernal Overkill" is a must-hear too, although a bit more unpolished. Same goes for "Sentence of Death". Personally I think "Cracked Brain" is pretty awful, but it's often considered to be among their best work so you might want to give that one a spin too. Don't know too much about their newer albums, other than that "The Antichrist" is decent. Also, you will want to avoid "The Last Human Cannonball" a terrible album. So bad that the members themselves don't want to consider it as a part of their official discography, lol.
On the topic of similar bands, those that comes to mind are first and foremost names like Kreator, Sodom, Tankard, Deathrow and Exumer, german bands with a similar "germanic" sound as classic Destruction.

AcidWorm wrote:
The EP Sentence of Death contains some of my favorite songs like Mad Butcher, and Total Desaster. I'd really recommend that one and the album Eternal Devastation. Of the newer material only The Anti-Christ blows me away with songs like Thrash til death, and Nailed to the Cross. Their live album "Live Without Sense" is excellent as well.

Necronomicon is a German thrash band that takes a lot of influence from them and are worth looking into.
Desaster is a black/thrash band that took their name from their song and I can hear some simmiliarities with some of their material though they have a heavier black metal aesthetic in places. Really look into them with songs like Teutonic Steel, Razor Ritual, Metallized Blood, and Alliance to the Powerthrone.

"edit" For a newer band check out Erazor which sounds a lot like early Destruction
<span><a class="smarterwiki-linkify" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7AcgvAXd40">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7AcgvAXd40</a></span>

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I really appreciate that! I will definitely take a listen to these.

StealthX
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:52 pm 

Whats some great crossover albums from 1988-1994?

brain hammer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:18 am 

StealthX wrote:

Cro-Mags - Best Wishes (THE BEST)
Leeway - Born To Expire (2nd runner up)
M.O.D. - Gross Misconduct (personal favorite)
Agnostic Front - One Voice
Crumbsuckers - Beast On My Back
Ludichrist - Powertrip
D.R.I. - 4 of a Kind/Thrash Zone
Excel - The Joke's On You
Suicidal Tendencies - How Will I Laugh Tomorrow
Uncle Slam - Say Uncle

brain hammer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:19 am 

Cthulhu_Fhtagn wrote:

Defiance seems too obvious...

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:29 pm 

Looking for something like Holy Terror's Mind Wars. Don't worry about being too obvious, my thrash knowledge is very limited.

HamburgerBoy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:41 am 

Try Ulysses Siren, Sabbat, and Maelstrom for epic-minded trad-influenced speed/thrash with rather demented bark-sung vocals.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:55 am 

^ Yeah, Sabbat is a great recommendation for epic thrash metal.

brain hammer wrote:
StealthX wrote:

Ludichrist - Powertrip
Uncle Slam - Say Uncle

You could add Wehrmacht's albums to that list too - Biermacht (1989) and Shark Attack (1987, yeah not in the time frame but still worth checking them out).

Cthulhu_Fhtagn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:35 pm 

brain hammer wrote:
StealthX wrote:

Ludichrist - Powertrip
Uncle Slam - Say Uncle

I also recommend these.
Excel - Split Image
Uncle Slam - Will Work For Food
The Crucified - The Crucified

Crick wrote:
The first one is silly because it's got such dainty eyelashes, yet the guy is terrified. NOT THE MASCARA, CTHULHU! ANYTHING BUT THE MASCARA!

The Nightmare Rider
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:42 pm 

Hey everyone! A while ago I was recommended the band "Vektor" to this, and I really quite enjoy them. They stand out from allot of other Thrash bands since they are more Technical/progressive focused. Can anyone recommend any other Technical or Progressive Thrash Metal bands? I would also like to find more Power/Thrash crossovers like Iced Earth and Armored Collomn.

Any Bands or albums you guys suggest I give a look, please do tell =D.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:48 pm 

The Nightmare Rider wrote:
Hey everyone! A while ago I was recommended the band "Vektor" to this, and I really quite enjoy them. They stand out from allot of other Thrash bands since they are more Technical/progressive focused. Can anyone recommend any other Technical or Progressive Thrash Metal bands? I would also like to find more Power/Thrash crossovers like Iced Earth and Armored Collomn.

Vektor are pretty unique, so finding something similar is a tricky affair.

As for power/thrash groups like Iced Earth, the closest I can think of are Imagika, Shatter Messiah, and Mystic Prophecy. If you haven't already checked them out, you might also enjoy Jon Schaffer's other projects, Sons of Liberty (not that great, but that's just me) and Demons & Wizards (also features Hansi Kursch, and is pretty awesome).

The Nightmare Rider
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:16 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:

Vektor are pretty unique, so finding something similar is a tricky affair.

As for power/thrash groups like Iced Earth, the closest I can think of are Imagika, Shatter Messiah, and Mystic Prophecy. If you haven't already checked them out, you might also enjoy Jon Schaffer's other projects, Sons of Liberty (not that great, but that's just me) and Demons & Wizards (also features Hansi Kursch, and is pretty awesome).

Thanks for the help! It's always tricky recommending something similar to bands that really stand out from the crowd. Really anything that's more on the Technical/Progressive side as opposed to straight forward basic thrash I would be happy with. Anything with clear and high energy vocals like that of Overkill (who I know are very bread and butter thrash, to my knowledge) I would love to find :).

Anthony8660
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:42 pm 

The Nightmare Rider, go grab the two albums of Realm (US). They're exactly what you're looking for! Also, Toxik might be able to suit your current mood.

The Nightmare Rider
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:50 pm 

Anthony8660 wrote:
The Nightmare Rider, go grab the two albums of Realm (US). They're exactly what you're looking for! Also, Toxik might be able to suit your current mood.

Too many awesome bands split up before they can truly shine :(. Thanks for the Recommendations though!

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:43 pm 

I think you might really like my band TEMPLE OF BLOOD. Links below.

You may also really like these:
HELSTAR - Nosferatu
TOXIK - World Circus
REALM - Endless War
FLOTSAM AND JETSAM - Doomsday for the Deceiver, No Place for Disgrace
FORBIDDEN - Forbidden Evil
WATCHTOWER - Control and Resistance
IMMACULATE - Atheist Crusade
TOURNIQUET - Stop the Bleeding

MrMetalinasuit1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:28 pm 

Can anybody recommend some REALLY obscure 80s thrash just trying to cash in on the bandwagon and make it big? Don't actually have to be good but there's just something charming about those albums that i can't quite put my finger on.

The Nightmare Rider
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:27 pm 

Temple Of Blood wrote:

I think you might really like my band TEMPLE OF BLOOD. Links below.

You may also really like these:
HELSTAR - Nosferatu
TOXIK - World Circus
REALM - Endless War
FLOTSAM AND JETSAM - Doomsday for the Deceiver, No Place for Disgrace
FORBIDDEN - Forbidden Evil
WATCHTOWER - Control and Resistance
IMMACULATE - Atheist Crusade
TOURNIQUET - Stop the Bleeding

Thanks for the recommendations! I recently looked into World Circus and it's certainly what I'm looking for. Also, as soon as I have the spare cash, I will scrape up a bit for your newest Temple of Blood album. I do a little metal radio show on an anime forum, so I'd be happy to give you guys more exposure :).

HamburgerBoy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:43 am 

No mention of Vektor and progressive thrash should go without Obliveon imo.

MrMetalinasuit1 wrote:
Can anybody recommend some REALLY obscure 80s thrash just trying to cash in on the bandwagon and make it big? Don't actually have to be good but there's just something charming about those albums that i can't quite put my finger on.

This request is different. :) Any particular way you mean by cashing in? You had plenty of Faith or Fears, Powermads, and Panics playing pretty straight-forward and reasonably produced thrash that getting signed to larger metal labels, but they don't all necessarily come from the exact same sound. But if by really obscure you mean truly demo-tier bands vying for the same thing, now that you mention it there may not be as many playing the kind of thrash that would get a band signed by Atlantic in the late 80's/early 90's. Maybe some Deus Vult and Laughing Dead (featuring David White of Heathen)?

EDIT: Maybe Fifty Lashes (note the fancy demo cover art printing) and Formicide (some catchy/crunchy riffs and after a few demos they went in a more accessible alternative metal direction becoming Only Living Witness).

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:37 pm 

MrMetalinasuit1 wrote:

Are you looking for bands that actually had success that were obscure, or just the most obscure things we can find? I know you said 80's thrash, but I always associate these types of bands with the 1990-1994 period, in that they were late to the trend but still wanted to enjoy its popularity.

Here are a few I associate with that time period:
Affliction - The Damnation of Humanization
Antidote - The Truth
Denial - Antichrist President

manthemanlyman wrote:

Destruction is such a great live band. They are definitely one of my favourites!

As others have mentioned, I would start at the beginning and work your way through the rest of the 80's. Everything from Sentence of Death to Release From Agony is fantastic. For the modern albums, definitely listen to The Antichrist. If you are interested in more of that sound, All Hell Breaks Loose would be my next recommendation. From there, they're pretty much all the same, but I enjoy Day of Reckoning the most out of the rest.

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:49 pm 

Thanks for the recommendations! I recently looked into World Circus and it's certainly what I'm looking for. Also, as soon as I have the spare cash, I will scrape up a bit for your newest Temple of Blood album. I do a little metal radio show on an anime forum, so I'd be happy to give you guys more exposure :).

Great! We would really appreciate it.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:34 pm 

Was listening to Slayer's Reign in Blood for the first time in 4 years or so today and I thought ''Altar of Sacrifice'' and ''Jesus Saves'' weren't seperated songs at all. :lol: The transition from the former to the latter couldn't be any better.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:16 pm 

MrMetalinasuit1 wrote:

Assassin (US) - Only one demo from '85.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epe2tWJgJqQ

Aftermath. This is the one from Arizona but there is also one from Chicago worth checking out. Both only released one album I think
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob1XxYQBXjI

Arcane only released one album in 1990.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XThLhHYSxhM

Ulysess Siren. The internet has helped bring to light their incredible material which had remained fairly obscure. They reformed a while ago but not sure if they have a new released out yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAsQf695gi4 (intro ends at 2:00)

Tynator. Released one full length in 1989 and reformed a few years ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNIbPUkYsTs

Thrash Queen. It sucks but it is obscure and listed as the first all female thrash band.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMKiBzcBTjU

Vectom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QevqczPvTAw

There are tons more out there. Browsing youtube compilations should help you find a lot and also check out the classicthrash.com review site as there is a lot listed there. Some more to check out are Pyracanda, Mandator (check out Mysto Dysto to), Bezerker (AUS), Xyster, E-X-E, Gothic Slam, Cardinal Sin (puerto rico), Morbid Scream, Carrion, Cabal, and Grinder.

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:07 am 

MrMetalinasuit1 wrote:

Obliteration from Margate, UK should be obscure enough for you. The album ("Obscured Within") is from 1990, but the band were active during the late 80s. Musically pretty good (a vague CF feel, slightly more technical), though the vocals and lyrics are awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcZAk9X223c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udOvaM6B9no
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtG4DXk2UM0

Exigence

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:22 pm 

Bandwagon thrash?

EXE - Stricken By Might.....and anything by Atrophy, Intruder and Xentrix.

xGeneralSureMan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:49 pm 

I have a dilemma and I think M-A might be able to solve it.

I absolutely LOVE the instrumental work on Megadeth's Rust in Peace. However, Dave Mustaine bothers me so much as a vocalist (and also as a lyricist) that I seriously can't enjoy it. So I guess what I'm asking is for a thrash metal album (even if it is Megadeth worship) that is similar in songwriting and instrumental skill and overall sound to Rust in Peace with vocals that aren't of the Mustaine variety.

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:08 pm 

xGeneralSureMan wrote:

I absolutely LOVE the instrumental work on Megadeth's Rust in Peace. However, Dave Mustaine bothers me so much as a vocalist (and also as a lyricist) that I seriously can't enjoy it. So I guess what I'm asking is for a thrash metal album (even if it is Megadeth worship) that is similar in songwriting and instrumental skill and overall sound to Rust in Peace with vocals that aren't of the Mustaine variety.

Just a hunch and I do not think it may entirely suit your needs but try the two Wrath (US) albums:

Wrath - Nothing To Fear
Wrath - Fit Of Anger

Those two might suit your needs.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:19 pm 

xGeneralSureMan wrote:

This one could prove interesting.

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:43 pm 

MrMetalinasuit1 wrote:

Well, it's kindof obscure but it's definitely bandwagon: DEFIANCE - Void Terra Firma

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 136  Next