Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
The_Erlking
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:53 am 

Acid Death has always been technical/proggy death metal to me which is a whole 'nother thing than technical thrash. I'd even argue that most technical death/thrash bands are closer in spirit to technical death metal (the good stuff like Atheist) than technical thrash. When I listen to Hellwitch, Sindrome and Invocator and shit like that it reminds me of early tech death more than anything. There are exceptions of course.. No matter how much Obliveon incorporated death metal they end up sounding very "techno-thrashy" to me.
I'd love to blast a bit of Voivod and make a better-looking gun turret to glue on the tortoise's shell to make it look like Killing Technology, but the wife won't let me. I think I'll get an Emperor penguin instead.

MetalMarco
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:54 am 

Indecency wrote:
Hey guys, simple request.

I'm looking for some fast thrash. I'm not saying it has to be hyperspeed sonic thrash, just none of this post thrash or groove crap that doesn't really even count as thrash.I want something fast. Many bonus points if it's melodic and/or aggressive (note this does not mean I want death thrash. I'm not opposed to it but I'm not looking for it specifically). I also love technical/progressive music and even though it's not what I'm asking for, I would be open to it.

Also, one more thing. I hate bad/old/shitty production. I should be able to hear every instrument (except bass), and neither the snare, bass drum, nor vocals should echo for hours on end. I like crisp modern production.

Examples of bands I like: Havok, Bonded by Blood, Exodus (later), Warbringer (later), BurstHead, Cerberus, Dead Shape Figure, Dimension Zero, Eradication, Hatesphere, The Haunted (One Kill Wonder), Nembience, The Resistance, Sylosis, Urkraft.

Thanks. I have a tendency to forget to check my rec posts so I might not check back for a while.

my first thought: Artillery !

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:14 am 

Indecency wrote:

I rec this all the time but you should check out this Nekromantheon record. Fast and brutal thrash with enough technical flare to keep it interesting without sacrificing an ounce of speed.

Nekromantheon - Divinity of Death
http://duplicaterecords.bandcamp.com/al ... y-of-death

Sadistic Ritual - Hellish Mercenary ep (Fast and gnarly thrashing, not as fast as Nekromantheon and there's a little echo on the vocals but these dudes rip it)
http://borisrecords.bandcamp.com/

If you don't know about Demolition Hammer you desperately need to check out their album Epidemic of Violence... like RIGHT NOW.
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:31 am 

MetalMarco wrote:

Definitely liked what I checked out of Artillery, will look into them for sure!

dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
Indecency wrote:

I rec this all the time but you should check out this Nekromantheon record. Fast and brutal thrash with enough technical flare to keep it interesting without sacrificing an ounce of speed.

Nekromantheon - Divinity of Death

Sadistic Ritual - Hellish Mercenary ep (Fast and gnarly thrashing, not as fast as Nekromantheon and there's a little echo on the vocals but these dudes rip it)
http://borisrecords.bandcamp.com/

If you don't know about Demolition Hammer you desperately need to check out their album Epidemic of Violence... like RIGHT NOW.

Nekromantheon - A bit scratchy but still enjoyed what I heard. I'm check out some more of their stuff, thanks!

Sadistic Ritual - It had the speed but for me that was mostly it. And it's hard to hear much anything over the crash. Production definitely hampered it.

Demolition Hammer - Not at all bad, and I think it's great for it's time, but I think it's a little to old school for me. I feel like if they were still around they would be a band I love. For now, it's just a moderate like.

Thanks for the recs both of you. If you have any more recs or if anyone else does, let me know!

And just for the record, here are some songs that cover what I want in thrash specifically.

The Haunted - Everlasting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1lWpk-Aw3Y (slow parts aren't bad but it's something I'm not looking for)
Hatchet - Signs of Infection http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=204faAtoI-Y
Anterior - The Evangelist http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugyfj3E7FBU (Again, minus the slower core-ier parts. Intro ends at 1:28)
Dimension Zero - Silent Night Fever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdoGwW2vG4k
Destinity - Still Remember http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVx9tXMzufY
Dead Shape Figure - Felix Culpa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40odeyOBU4U
Havok - Afterburner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk16KG6SeDA

Every single one of these is both melodic and fast. These should also give you an idea of what production I like. I don't necessarily need ultra-clean sounding stuff, I just don't like old school production with weak bass-less kick drums, echoey snares and vocals, weak vocals, etc. i.e. I don't like weak. Give the The Haunted song a listen. It's scratchy and rough around the edges but it's still powerful and that's why I like it.

Thanks again!

HamburgerBoy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:50 am 

Check out Believer's Sanity Obscure; I think The Haunted bears a striking resemblance to them when you consider the near-decade gap. Fast, melodic, and pretty high-polish stuff.

MetalMarco
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:53 am 

Abscence Of The Sacred, Decadence, Evile, Exhorder, Guillotine, Hypnosia, King's Evil, Kreator ("Cause for conflict" album), Opprobrium (previously called Incubus), , Pitiful Reign, Testament (some songs of "First strike still deadly" plus "D.N.R."), Youthquake. There should be something interesting. If I recall more I will reply again later.

YesIam
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:48 pm 

Hey guys. Looking for some Destruction (Sentence of Death, Infernal Overkill, Eternal Devastation) and Sodom (In the Sign of Evil, Obsessed by Cruelty) worship. The closer they sound to these albums, the better.

Thanks in advance.

MetalMarco
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:33 pm 

YesIam wrote:
Hey guys. Looking for some Destruction (Sentence of Death, Infernal Overkill, Eternal Devastation) and Sodom (In the Sign of Evil, Obsessed by Cruelty) worship. The closer they sound to these albums, the better.

Thanks in advance.

Hey. I recommend you the early works of the harsh German Thrash Metal such as: Assassin, Deathrow, Iron Angel and Kreator. May also add Holy Moses or a japanese band named Ground Zero in addition.

Evil_Wicked_Twisted_Mind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:55 am 

MetalMarco wrote:
Indecency wrote:

I'm looking for some fast thrash. I'm not saying it has to be hyperspeed sonic thrash, just none of this post thrash or groove crap that doesn't really even count as thrash.I want something fast. Many bonus points if it's melodic and/or aggressive (note this does not mean I want death thrash. I'm not opposed to it but I'm not looking for it specifically). I also love technical/progressive music and even though it's not what I'm asking for, I would be open to it.

Also, one more thing. I hate bad/old/shitty production. I should be able to hear every instrument (except bass), and neither the snare, bass drum, nor vocals should echo for hours on end. I like crisp modern production.

Examples of bands I like: Havok, Bonded by Blood, Exodus (later), Warbringer (later), BurstHead, Cerberus, Dead Shape Figure, Dimension Zero, Eradication, Hatesphere, The Haunted (One Kill Wonder), Nembience, The Resistance, Sylosis, Urkraft.

Thanks. I have a tendency to forget to check my rec posts so I might not check back for a while.

And Mortar, an Indian thrash band. Here is a sample track - http://incannedproductions.bandcamp.com/

Baroque1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:25 pm 

I'm looking for thrash songs about:

Fighting
Political strife
Revolution

Megadeth is obvious "This Day We Fight!" "Fight for Freedom"
and Anthrax's "Fight 'em 'till you can't"

I want more! these songs get my blood going and my head banging.

MetalHealth30
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:59 pm 

Baroque1 wrote:
I'm looking for thrash songs about:

Fighting
Political strife
Revolution

Megadeth is obvious "This Day We Fight!" "Fight for Freedom"
and Anthrax's "Fight 'em 'till you can't"

I want more! these songs get my blood going and my head banging.

Try Kreator's Phantom Antichrist.

Baroque1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:08 pm 

MetalHealth30 wrote:

Try Kreator's Phantom Antichrist.

Already got that one, but thanks, that's exactly the kind of stuff i'm looking for. Any others?

wrathchild_88
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:12 pm 

Definitely check out Tantara - Based on Evil. It's one of my favourite thrash albums from last year and there's clearly a revolutionary theme about it.

maidenpriestmanic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:36 am 

I am looking for some good thrash similar toxik http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYDyphZzVVQ or anthrax.

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:40 am 

maidenpriestmanic wrote:
I am looking for some good thrash similar toxik http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYDyphZzVVQ or anthrax.

TEMPLE OF BLOOD - Overlord
INTRUDER - Psycho Savant
BRAINICIDE - Brutal Mentality demo
FLOTSAM AND JETSAM - No Place for Disgrace
REALM - Endless War
ARTILLERY - By Inheritance
FORBIDDEN - Forbidden Evil
IMMACULATE - Atheist Crusade
TOURNIQUET - Stop the Bleeding
POWERMAD - Absolute Power
TARGET - Both albums

maidenpriestmanic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:42 pm 

Temple Of Blood wrote:
maidenpriestmanic wrote:

TEMPLE OF BLOOD - Overlord
INTRUDER - Psycho Savant
BRAINICIDE - Brutal Mentality demo
FLOTSAM AND JETSAM - No Place for Disgrace
REALM - Endless War
ARTILLERY - By Inheritance
FORBIDDEN - Forbidden Evil
TOURNIQUET - Stop the Bleeding
POWERMAD - Absolute Power
TARGET - Both albums

I have already heard of forbidden (actually is the band that got me into thrash) but I am really digging the other bands, especially FAJ and artillery. Thanks.

Mechanix11
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:37 am 

anyone can suggest me some new thrash metal bands?
i have listened to Tantara and Warbringer, any other recommendations?

Baroque1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:05 am 

Mechanix11 wrote:

Vektor, Hexen, and Havok are my favorites of new thrash metal.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:04 am 

Mechanix11 wrote:

Separate thread that got locked... but has a ton of bands listed for newer thrash.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=97719

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:06 am 

Mechanix11 wrote:

Check out my band TEMPLE OF BLOOD. Links below.

Also:
LICH KING - World Gone Dead
MASTERIFF - demo
HEDLOK - demo
ELIMINATOR - Breaking the Wheel
LETHAL OUTCOME - newest demo

Megadeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:23 pm 

This might sound a little ignorant and ironic, considering my nickname, but does anyone know about any thrash metal bands that actually sounds anything like 1980's Megadeth? The similar artist page is impossible to get anything out of, and the same goes for all other recommendations I've seen online. The most similar bands to Megadeth are the other famous thrash metal bands from the 80's? "The big four" are similar? Sigh... The only band that I've currently voted for being similar to Megadeth is Annihilator, but I don't think even they are extremely similar. So does anyone know of any bands that is at least as similar to Megadeth as Annihilator?

I'm not asking for bands that I might like, because I will of course like bands like Overkill, Anthrax and Metallica. I'm looking for bands where you at some points could think "this sounds like Megadeth".

Mechanix11 wrote:

Indecency wrote:

Both of you could check out Lost Society (sample) and Mortillery (sample).

HamburgerBoy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:06 am 

Megadeth wrote:
This might sound a little ignorant and ironic, considering my nickname, but does anyone know about any thrash metal bands that actually sounds anything like 1980's Megadeth? The similar artist page is impossible to get anything out of, and the same goes for all other recommendations I've seen online. The most similar bands to Megadeth are the other famous thrash metal bands from the 80's? "The big four" are similar? Sigh... The only band that I've currently voted for being similar to Megadeth is Annihilator, but I don't think even they are extremely similar. So does anyone know of any bands that is at least as similar to Megadeth as Annihilator?

I'm not asking for bands that I might like, because I will of course like bands like Overkill, Anthrax and Metallica. I'm looking for bands where you at some points could think "this sounds like Megadeth".

The most obvious one is Bitter End, who sound like a downright Megadeth parody. I can't stand them, but they were quite proficient and I don't think they ripped off any riffs in spite of that. Dyoxen is my favorite that gives me strong Megadeth vibes, with all the looseness and swing of the Poland/Samuelson albums.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:46 am 

Maybe Early Man? I remember seeing them a few years ago and dudes vocals were blatantly in the vein of Mustaine.

Baroque1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:34 pm 

Looking for more fast thrash with a solid beat to add to my working out playlist. This stuff gets me pumped whether its on the elliptical or lifting weights. Examples:

Evile - Thrasher
Lost Society - Trash All Over You
Gama Bomb - Zombie Blood Nightmare
Exmortus
Havok
etc.

Megadeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:20 am 

HamburgerBoy wrote:
Dyoxen is my favorite that gives me strong Megadeth vibes, with all the looseness and swing of the Poland/Samuelson albums.

I think Dyoxen sounded very intriguing, but I couldn't find their album anywhere; neither legally nor illegally (except used and overpriced copies on eBay).

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:18 am 

Megadeth wrote:
HamburgerBoy wrote:
Dyoxen is my favorite that gives me strong Megadeth vibes, with all the looseness and swing of the Poland/Samuelson albums.

I think Dyoxen sounded very intriguing, but I couldn't find their album anywhere; neither legally nor illegally (except used and overpriced copies on eBay).

Just download youtubedownloader and you can download it straight from there.

Bavva
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:24 am 

Hey! I'm on a huge thrash hunting spree at the moment. Right now I'm looking for more stuff in the vein of old Mortal Sin, their second album "Face of Despair" is a perfect 10 to me.
Basically stuff that has really good musicianship and songwriting with some progressive and/or melodic leanings withouth completely overdoing it. So let me know if there's something out there, nothing is too obscure!!

Edit: I realised this may sound a bit generalistic. Too clarify: I'm not looking for "safe" middle of the road-stuff, but stuff with some unique qualities in it. I know about some of the semi-big/half obscure names but not enough too tell what's their best albums. For example, I really like Nasty Savage but find them a bit uneven. "Indulgence" is killer, but the rest is not so. What are the best albums by Vio-Lence, Sacred Reich and Forbidden for example?
I'll gladly take recommendations on newer bands too, since i find that most of the retro-thrash bands really lack identity.

Dr_Prozac
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:55 am 

Hey guys, I'm looking for some fast and aggressive thrash bands, something in the vein of Slayer for example.For instance,I just started listening Warbringer a little time ago and they sound like the kind of stuff I'm looking for.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:27 pm 

Dr_Prozac wrote:
Hey guys, I'm looking for some fast and aggressive thrash bands, something in the vein of Slayer for example.For instance,I just started listening Warbringer a little time ago and they sound like the kind of stuff I'm looking for.

Demolition Hammer "Epidemic of Violence" is exactly what you're looking for.

Also check out Nekromantheon "Divinity of Death"

Megadeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:55 pm 

Bavva wrote:
Hey! I'm on a huge thrash hunting spree at the moment. Right now I'm looking for more stuff in the vein of old Mortal Sin, their second album "Face of Despair" is a perfect 10 to me.
Basically stuff that has really good musicianship and songwriting with some progressive and/or melodic leanings withouth completely overdoing it. So let me know if there's something out there, nothing is too obscure!!

Edit: I realised this may sound a bit generalistic. Too clarify: I'm not looking for "safe" middle of the road-stuff, but stuff with some unique qualities in it. I know about some of the semi-big/half obscure names but not enough too tell what's their best albums. For example, I really like Nasty Savage but find them a bit uneven. "Indulgence" is killer, but the rest is not so. What are the best albums by Vio-Lence, Sacred Reich and Forbidden for example?
I'll gladly take recommendations on newer bands too, since i find that most of the retro-thrash bands really lack identity.

Many of these might be very obvious, but maybe Metal Church, Artillery, Heathen, Toxik, Nocturnal Breed, Overkill, Aspid, Onslaught, Realm, Destruction, Anacrusis and newer Testament.

I don't think Sacred Reich has released anything worth paying attention to since 1988. Their debut Ignorance and the following EP Surf Nicaragua are all you need imo, and their only releases that I think have memorable songs.

Last edited by Megadeth on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr_Prozac
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:17 pm 

dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
Dr_Prozac wrote:

Demolition Hammer "Epidemic of Violence" is exactly what you're looking for.

Also check out Nekromantheon "Divinity of Death"

Thanks,I´ve listened a few songs on youtube just to figure out how they sound like and they both seem to sound great,specially Nekromantheon.I'll listen the albums when I got some time.

Maniac Matis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:20 pm 

metaden wrote:
recs on thrash metal with obvious black metal influences, with rasped vocals and tremolo picking and raw thrash metal energy with a slight melody. Skeletonwitch, Desaster are my favorites in this particular genre.

You need Destroyer 666 in your life!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0SBbKuIaFg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG_zx0YuAc0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG_zx0YuAc0 (and me covering this song on drums ;-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_YrlQsd3fw)

But seriously, they are one of the best black/thrash bands. Not to mention they're completely fucking savage. Destroyer 666 oozes pure metal from every oraphis.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Unng. I'm ThRoBing

Bavva
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:06 am 

Megadeth wrote:
Bavva wrote:

Many of these might be very obvious, but maybe Metal Church, Artillery, Heathen, Toxik, Nocturnal Breed, Overkill, Aspid, Onslaught, Realm, Destruction, Anacrusis and newer Testament.

I don't think Sacred Reich has released anything worth paying attention to since 1988. Their debut Ignorance and the following EP Surf Nicaragua are all you need imo, and their only releases that I think have memorable songs.

Thanks! 80's Destruction are among my favorite thrash bands.
"Eternal Devastation" and "Release From Agony" are godly, but I think their newer stuff is a little too generic.
I've also listened a bit to that Aspid album, it's actually insanely cool in some places, definitely unique.
Artillery and Nocturnal Breed has slipped under my radar, for some reason I've always thought they were too power metal/black metallish or whatever, but those songs sound just great.
I'm working my way through the Artillery discography right now, "Terror Squad" - what an album! Any advice on what's the best Nocturnal Breed album?
Metal Church isn't bad at all, but somehow a little too obvious.
I have "Manic Impressions" by Anacrusis and think it's a little boring.
Newer Onslaught seems way better than the old stuff, Testament is alright but doesnt do that much for me.
The Heathen song was way nice, I've only heard glimps of the old material and always had the impression they were somewhat blurry and unfocused. I will do some homework on them when I'm finished going through the Artillery discography, for sure.

Last edited by Bavva on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Megadeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:25 am 

Bavva wrote:
Artillery and Nocturnal Breed has slipped under my radar, for some reason I've always thought they were too power metal/black metallish or whatever, but those songs sound just great. […] Any advice on what's the best Nocturnal Breed album?

If you're not a fan of black thrash then you should get their most recent, Fields of Rot. Their older material is less polished and has more black metal in it. Another fun Norwegian thrash metal band with some black metal in it, is Infernö. These guys are somewhat more minimalistic and crude, but I love their album Utter Hell.

Bavva wrote:
The Heathen song was way nice, i've only heard glimps of the old material and always had the impression they were somewhat blurry and unfocused, I will do some homework on them when I'm finished going through the Artillery discography, for sure.

Breaking the Silence (sample) is my favorite album by Heathen, but seeing as their most recent sounded more like Mortal Sin (which was your main example) I linked a song from that album instead. Their two first albums are less "heavy" and more old school sounding. All three albums are great, though.

Another band you have to check out if you don't already know them is the british band Sabbat.

I deliberately left out Vektor because you wanted "progressive and/or melodic leanings withouth completely overdoing it". I don't think they are overdoing it, but they are veeery progressive. Their album Black Future is my favorite thrash metal in probably 20 years. And then you of course have Coroner, another great progressive thrash metal band.

I'm not familiar with Lääz Rockit, but I know they have at least some good stuff (like the linked track). Worth checking out too.

You might also like Blood Tsunami. They have three albums. Their debut, Thrash Metal, has a more melodeath sound to it. Their second album, Grand Feast for Vultures, is more like melodic thrash metal. Their most recent, For faen!, is less melodic and much more aggressive (as can be heard in the first link).

Last edited by Megadeth on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
wrathchild_88
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:46 am 

Bavva wrote:
What are the best albums by Vio-Lence, Sacred Reich and Forbidden for example?

I notice that no-one answered this. The answers are:
Vio-Lence: "Eternal Nightmare" and "Oppressing the Masses"
Sacred Reich: "Ignorance"
Forbidden: "Forbidden Evil", "Twisted Into Form"

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:51 am 

Maniac Matis wrote:
metaden wrote:
recs on thrash metal with obvious black metal influences, with rasped vocals and tremolo picking and raw thrash metal energy with a slight melody. Skeletonwitch, Desaster are my favorites in this particular genre.

You need Destroyer 666 in your life!

I'm gonna mention D666's cousins - Urgrund, Razor of Occam and Gospel of the Horns. Do check them out and they're stylistically all in the similar vein.

Waits
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:13 pm 

I've recently had a second wind in metal, I bought a Vader CD (Welcome to the Morbid Reich) on a whim. I've always loved Thrash, but I'm digging this heavier approach; extreme trash (basically death). Any Band/album recommendations that fit this kinda niche? Thanks

Ninjakillzu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:29 pm 

Waits wrote:
I've recently had a second wind in metal, I bought a Vader CD (Welcome to the Morbid Reich) on a whim. I've always loved Thrash, but I'm digging this heavier approach; extreme trash (basically death). Any Band/album recommendations that fit this kinda niche? Thanks

I would recommend the Obliveon albums before Cybervoid (as that album was craptastic groove), Chemical Breath, and Keepers of Death. You might like Vektor as well. Just so anyone knows, the only way to get Keepers of Death's music is to make an account on their website and download the songs individually (although there is a full length album in one file).

Maniac Matis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:39 pm 

Waits wrote:

You're asking for Death/Thrash then, I'm assuming. Here's a start.

SEPULTURA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJanNq2eGVI
basically everything from their first album (Morbid Visions) to their last "solid" one imo (Arise) is Thrash Metal that borders in Death. Killer stuff if you've never listened to them, although I'm sure you have.

DEMOLITION HAMMER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJanNq2eGVI
Seriously one of the most badass bands ever conceived. You'll love this.

SOLSTICE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uRyaYkymJY
PROTECTOR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIlqlQn8oP4

Even SODOM! They are mainly a thrash metal band, but are fairly diverse. For example, their first record "Obsessed By Cruelty" is totally black/thrash. And then this record is pretty much death/thrash: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbCy9nNGFyw

And this one totally doesn't fit your request, but if you like Vader, you should like Armoured Angel. One of the best death metal bands and severely unknown/underappreciated. Heavier than fuck. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz_5M75JNGQ

HYPOSNIA similar to Demolition Hammer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz_5M75JNGQ

Try those for now or until someone recs you others.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Unng. I'm ThRoBing

Megadeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:51 am 

Waits wrote:

Here's a few more suggestions.

Legion of the Damned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQO2StKllg0

Torture Squad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuFvRdHnGXA

The Crown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKCmVTIqJ6Q

You might also want to check out the big German thrash metal bands if you're not familiar with them: Kreator, Destruction and Sodom. They don't sound very similar to this, but they all have some extreme metal shifts, and lots of great albums.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 136  Next