Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
draconiondevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 8:53 am 

tomcat_ha wrote:
I think Eternal Champion are pretty original with their combination of epic uspm and metalcore.

Bruh are you for real?

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 5:03 am 

Bertuccia wrote:
I've seen that exists the New Wave of Traditional Heavy Metal. But most of riffs are similar to existing band.
Is that a copy-paste genre or does exist some original band?
I like that sound, is happy, powerful, but is mandatory that it has always the same riffs?

Please use the appropriate help threads in this forum. Your request is for heavy metal, so it goes to Heavy/Power/Speed Metal Help Thread, where I've moved your post and the responses.

Dungeon_Vic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 5:56 am 

Some nice newer heavy metal then! Judge for yourself.

Here are two awesome songs by my favorite recent heavy metal band, Wolf. They were also one of the absolute first in the NWOTHM with their first album released in 1999. That's like yesterday of course.

Wolf - American Storm (2004)
Wolf - The Bite (2006)

They have an excellent discography I would totally recommend. First two have a lot of Maiden influence that might sound too close to the real thing but still great albums.

Some other songs I have listened to death.
Visigoth - Traitor's Gate
Eternal Champion - I Am the Hammer
Sumerlands - The Guardian
Enforcer - From Beyond
Heart of Cygnus - Isles of Ice (70s heavy metal, one of my favorite songs of the new century...)
Dawnbringer - III
Saboter - Lamias Call Greeks, it's the last song on the album, hopefully the link plays correctly.

Vic's Dungeon - Remember the Fallen:
Jeff Hanneman: Evil Notes and Sad Riffs
Chuck Schuldiner (Death)
Paul Baloff (Exodus)
Holy Terror and Keith Deen
Roger Patterson (Atheist)

Last edited by Dungeon_Vic on Tue May 18, 2021 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 8:45 am 

I find Eternal Champion, Enforcer, Visigoth, et. al a bit too plain. But Sanhedrin, Old Mother Hell, Sumerlands and Demon Bitch are solid as fuck new trad metal acts. Going back a bit further, Wolf's The Black Flame, Crystal Viper's debut, any Pharaoh album and Antiquus are great too.

Dungeon_Vic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 9:48 am 

Ι like plain, I like complicated, as long as it's good! From Beyond (the song) is a real masterpiece. Undying Evil is also great. I wasn't blown away by the two Visigoth albums like a couple of my friends but they did write some damn catchy heavy metal with Traitor's Gate and Steel and Silver.

I loved Demon Bitch's album too, I wonder what they're up to, I had actually forgotten about them... Should revisit. And come to think about it, what is up with Vhol? Loved Deeper than the Sky... Have they even released anything after that? Satan's Hallow too...Black Viper from Norway...

Chuck Schuldiner (Death)
Paul Baloff (Exodus)

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 9:55 am 

I go back to that Vhol album now and again and it's a seriously weird, original piece of music - a bit of a Voivod vibe but the music really stands on its own. Maniacal stuff. Sanhedrin has some members involved with them too.

I think Demon Bitch's members were all doing some other band - White Magician I believe? Have to check that out soon too. So many fucking bands.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 4:04 pm 

Got a USPM playlist going for the summer - the best time for this style I find. Got stuff by Jag Panzer, Shok Paris, Savatage, Riot, Sacred Oath, Omen, Cauldron Born, Manilla Road, Chastain, Fates Warning, Crimson Glory, Cirith Ungol, Vicious Rumors, Prodigy/Oracle and some other other shit by Raven, Cloven Hoof and High Power as sort of honorary inductees. Got Warlord and Slauter Xstroyes coming soon in the mail to add to the collection.

Dandelo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 3:16 pm 

Heart of Cygnus being mentioned made me happy. That's a great album. Sailing North is catchy as hell.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 7:24 pm 

draconiondevil wrote:
tomcat_ha wrote:
I think Eternal Champion are pretty original with their combination of epic uspm and metalcore.

Bruh are you for real?

I guess there isnt a big overlap between uspm and classic metalcore fanbases but the chugging riffs are basically straight out of the cro-mags/integrity etc style metalcore rulebook

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 8:09 pm 

tomcat_ha wrote:
draconiondevil wrote:
tomcat_ha wrote:

Bruh are you for real?

I guess there isnt a big overlap between uspm and classic metalcore fanbases but the chugging riffs are basically straight out of the cro-mags/integrity etc style metalcore rulebook

If those 2 scenes are circles on a venn diagram, we might be the only people in the middle :lol: (as far as this board is concerned). Really loved that they upped the hardcore influence on Ravening Iron, and I hope more bands are inspired by that. There's always been some crossover between musicians playing hardcore and heavy/true metal genres, but very little bands literally combining them.
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 8:39 am 

Found some live material from Virgin Steele's pre-sucking period!

Jophelerx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 10:08 am 

I was excited when I saw the post, but man that sound is ass. You can hear DeFeis OK but the guitar sound is way too blown out, plus the crowd noise is really distracting. Couldn't get through a whole song.

macmoney wrote:
Isn't there a little mindshadow in all of us? I like to think so.

Jophelerx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 2:45 pm 

So I was listening to Riot today, and I have a somewhat complicated relationship with the band - I've always had a massive amount of respect for the band, but they've generally not clicked outside of a few tracks. Tried Immortal Soul today, that clicked pretty hard (previously only really dug the song "Riot" from it), then checked Fire Down Under and the same thing happened (previously only really dug ("Altar of the King"). I realize many will consider it egregious that it's taken this long for me, and I recently tried Thundersteel and still only like the title track off of that record, but I've always liked Privilege of Power a decent amount (previously considered it my favorite Riot album as it was the only one I liked more than 1-2 tracks from). I also tried the two newer albums with Todd Michael Hall under the 'Riot V' moniker, didn't make it through either album as they both seemed kind of stale and uninteresting to me, however I plan to go back to the other two Guy Speranza albums and probably also the two with Rhett Forester (I know the general consensus is or at least once was that the Mike DeMeo albums are the worst ones). Anyway, just wondered, since they've got such a huge discography and made such an impact on the metal scene, what are others' experiences with the band, what are you favorite or least favorite albums from them, anything interesting about your feelings/reactions to them?

macmoney wrote:

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 4:39 pm 

Been a huge, huge, huge fan of Fire Down Under since I first heard it upon it's release. It's just a perfect album, and I never tire of it. Then they released Restless Breed, and it's such a big stylistic change that you can't really compare them. At the time I really didn't care for it - nor for Born in America - but in hindsight I can appreciate them for being well crafted hard rock/metal albums. I haven't listened to them much though.

Then in 1988 I heard the song Flight of the Warrior, and I was blown away like I have never been blown away before, or after. Bought the album as fast as I could and it's been a favourite ever since. It was life altering. I can still feel the excitement I felt then. Privilege of Power is just as good, but naturally it didn't have the same impact on me.

I never cared for the Mike DiMeo albums. They sound good enough, but it's just the wrong singer for the music.
Immortal Soul made me happier then I've been in a long time when it showed up with the Thundersteel lineup. Amazingly good once again. I was really sceptical the first time I heard the samples of Todd Michael Hall, but after listening some to the full album he won me over. The only problem I have with him is that he is too good. One of the great things about Tony Moore - whom I idolize in near unhealthy ways - was that he was often singing at the very limits of his capacity, and thus exuding such power and excitement. TM Hall has such fantastic technique and hits those same notes with ease in a way that it is not boring, but boringer than when Tony Moore did it. But I can forgive him for that.

Lastly, Mike Flyntz should be knighted and canonized and whatnot for so respectfully keeping the Riot legacy going. Is there any other band that has been able to keep doing music without the legendary main man? Nope!

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 4:49 pm 

I love the fuck out of Thundersteel and like Immortal Soul a lot too - the "Riot" track is a lot of fun but the best stuff on that one are the more midtempo rock tunes. Soulful as fuck. Layered and intelligent stuff.

I haven't heard their 70s stuff in years, oughta get back into it.

Liked the few songs I heard of the new albums too; just never got around to the full things. More to the list I guess.

Jophelerx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:05 am 

Opus wrote:
Been a huge, huge, huge fan of Fire Down Under since I first heard it upon it's release. It's just a perfect album, and I never tire of it. Then they released Restless Breed, and it's such a big stylistic change that you can't really compare them. At the time I really didn't care for it - nor for Born in America - but in hindsight I can appreciate them for being well crafted hard rock/metal albums. I haven't listened to them much though.

Then in 1988 I heard the song Flight of the Warrior, and I was blown away like I have never been blown away before, or after. Bought the album as fast as I could and it's been a favourite ever since. It was life altering. I can still feel the excitement I felt then. Privilege of Power is just as good, but naturally it didn't have the same impact on me.

I never cared for the Mike DiMeo albums. They sound good enough, but it's just the wrong singer for the music.
Immortal Soul made me happier then I've been in a long time when it showed up with the Thundersteel lineup. Amazingly good once again. I was really sceptical the first time I heard the samples of Todd Michael Hall, but after listening some to the full album he won me over. The only problem I have with him is that he is too good. One of the great things about Tony Moore - whom I idolize in near unhealthy ways - was that he was often singing at the very limits of his capacity, and thus exuding such power and excitement. TM Hall has such fantastic technique and hits those same notes with ease in a way that it is not boring, but boringer than when Tony Moore did it. But I can forgive him for that.

Lastly, Mike Flyntz should be knighted and canonized and whatnot for so respectfully keeping the Riot legacy going. Is there any other band that has been able to keep doing music without the legendary main man? Nope!

Yeah, I get what you mean about Todd Michael Hall - he's clearly very talented, but Tony Moore just has more character to his voice. Kind of similar to Geoff Tate for me - just never sounded that excited as a vocalist and always left me a bit cold for that reason.

EDIT: Update, listened to Thundersteel again, usually I don't make it all the way through because Fight or Fall and Sign of the Crimson Storm are lame, but this time I did and besides those two, the only track I disliked was Bloodstreets. I still think it's far from the golden classic everyone hails it as, but I do like it a lot more than I thought I would. Definitely see at least a large part of the appeal of the album. Tony Moore is fucking brilliant, for sure.

macmoney wrote:

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 12:14 pm 

"Sign of the Crimson Storm" and "Bloodstreets" are album highlights for me. Those ones add more dimension to the album and really make it feel complete.

MetlaNZ
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 3:28 am 

Thundersteel fuckin rules. Start to finish 10/10.

Dungeon_Vic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 4:50 am 

Thundersteel is 11/10, one of the best metal albums ever recorded in any genre, the inspiration they had is ridiculous. Same applies to each individual song, including Bloodstreets and Sign of the Crimson Storm and Fight or Fall. I have no explanation for a metalhead with good taste not digging it but I am hoping you will insist on it a bit and it will fully click! :P

Growing up in the 80s (with the older brother into metal, absorbing his stuff and reading his magazines) I knew OF Riot and how underrated and important they were but only listened to Thundersteel in the mid-90s, then Privilege of Power and not much else. Loved those two to bits but as I was aware they were not the norm in their discography I hadn't looked into them. Which led to a lot of harassment from some of my friends over the years :P

Anyway, I did listen to some of their classic songs and eventually listened to the entire Fire Down Under album, which I thought was GREAT and surprised that Swords and Tequilla is not even close to the best song in there. I did listen to the Immortal Soul album and loved it, despite some heavy doses of cheese here and there and the fact that Moore had kinda lost that alien element of his vocals.

After that, I only listened to select tracks from their discography to prepare myself for their concert, which was A-MA-ZING. I mean seriously fantastic. Perfect playing, energy, soaring vocals and what a playlist...

A few years later. My son is now 12 years old and has started his own musical journey, without any help from me apart from whatever he listens in the car. For some reason, as he puts it "I think I have boomer tastes", he is enthusiastic about heavy and power metal, old school (not exclusively, for example he loves System of a Down), spending hours upon hours listening to the Running Wild and Judas Priest discographies (his favorites in that order).

Then for some reason he discovered Riot (in the car he has only heard Moore songs and a couple Speranzas) and one day he sat me down to let me know about his love for Riot, share his enthusiasm and all that (a lovely day for a dad!)
He begun by saying that these are his favorites, definitely after hours and hours of listening:
1. Fire Down Under
2. Thundersteel
3. Born in America
4. Narita

He went on to say that Born in America could have been his favorite Riot album if Speranza or Moore sang on it. We spent the evening listening to Born in America, me for the first time really as a whole. And dammit, what a great album it is indeed. Of course Heavy Metal Machine I knew but then Vigilante Killer and Running from the Law, which started a whole discussion about Ripper (the Priest song), which I think is the base of its groove. My son thought it features the One Shot at Glory riff almost exactly (Painkiller is his favorite metal album so far)...

Anyway, he listened to the DiMeo years too. Did not like them as much, did not hate them either. Amazingly he picked out Angel Eyes as the best song (which is basically what most Riot fans think too) out of all those albums.

Long story short, I've been listening to a lot of Riot since then, particularly the Speranza years, a truly remarkable band and perhaps the first genuine full-on heavy metal band of the US. I'm still amazed at Warrior... 1977! Proper power metal man. And such a great song too.

Chuck Schuldiner (Death)
Paul Baloff (Exodus)

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 1:04 am 

Playing the Riot debut for the first time and it's amazing how fully formed this band was even back then. It doesn't sound that far removed from either Thundersteel or Immortal Soul at the end of the day.

Dandelo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 5:41 pm 

I like Privilege of Power slightly better than Thundersteel. Although I can't help but feel some of the little skit intros should have been cut out to hell.

So I kinda did that myself.

Dungeon_Vic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:51 am 

Speaking of Riot, Black Leather and Glittering Steel is my favorite Riot song, one of the best metal songs ever recorded, a showcase of Jarzombek's genius and the first half of the 1-2 punches that close the album perfectly, the other half being of course Racing with the Devil on the Spanish Highway, one of the best metal covers ever recorded and a testament to their top-notch musicianship.

No hyperbole. At all.

Chuck Schuldiner (Death)
Paul Baloff (Exodus)

Last edited by Dungeon_Vic on Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dandelo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:47 pm 

I love Dance of Death from that album.

Secretly love Maryanne as well. That's a really guilty pleasure song.

Jophelerx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:15 am 

So Steel Angel (not the French one, this one from the US)'s sole full-length album Inquiete (reissued in 2016 along with their demo material under the name In A Quiet Dream) is fucking awesome USPM, aggressive yet complex and with a bit of a neoclassical flair at times, comparable to stuff like Talisphere, Deadly Blessing, or even late 80s Helstar, I can't believe I've never heard this before nor seen it mentioned, might have just assumed it was the French one if someone ever brought it up, which is also a really good band, but not as good as this. Seriously, this is album is really mature and consistent, check it out in its entirety here:
You won't be disappointed! There really is always still more great stuff out there, even for someone as far down the rabbit hole as I am! USPM is just so goddamn big! (BTW, if you just want to hear a highlight track before checking out the whole album, track 5, "Images," is completely fucking insane, starts at 19:07. Serious Nosferatu vibes in the guitar work!

macmoney wrote:

An Ferbasach
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:28 pm 

I'm looking for some recommendations for traditional heavy metal that has a modern, heavier sound.

Albums like Dehumanizer by Black Sabbath, Strange Highways by Dio and Chemical Wedding by Bruce Dickinson are along the lines of what I'm looking. Mid paced or slow and doomy, not speed metal or anything too thrash influenced.

Thanks

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:34 pm 

Riot's Narita is doing it for me these days... I like the albums before and after it a little more, but this thing is a mammoth of rock solid riffs in its own right. Tons of attitude.

Dungeon_Vic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:15 am 

An Ferbasach wrote:
I'm looking for some recommendations for traditional heavy metal that has a modern, heavier sound.

Albums like Dehumanizer by Black Sabbath, Strange Highways by Dio and Chemical Wedding by Bruce Dickinson are along the lines of what I'm looking. Mid paced or slow and doomy, not speed metal or anything too thrash influenced.

Thanks

Wolf - Devil Seed is what you're looking for.
Dark Passenger, Shark Attackand Killing Floor to get an idea.
You can also check out Wolf - Ravenous (produced by Roy Z who did the Chemical Wedding) and then you can just check out Wolf's discography, which is awesome.

I also really loved the Sumerlands album.
What the hell, why not, this is one of my favorite songs from the 90s.

You are probably aware of these but just in case:
Halford - Resurrection, Fight - War of Words, Ozzy - No More Tears (and No Rest for the Wicked), Saxon - Unleash the Beast.

And since you want doomy, if you haven't already, you could check Krux(all three), Memory Garden, Abstrakt Algebra, Memento Mori, Lowe-era Candlemass, Crypt Sermon etc.

Chuck Schuldiner (Death)
Paul Baloff (Exodus)

An Ferbasach
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:33 am 

Dungeon_Vic wrote:
An Ferbasach wrote:

Thanks

You can also check out Wolf - Ravenous (produced by Roy Z who did the Chemical Wedding) and then you can just check out Wolf's discography, which is awesome.

Halford - Resurrection, Fight - War of Words, Ozzy - No More Tears (and No Rest for the Wicked), Saxon - Unleash the Beast.

And since you want doomy, if you haven't already, you could check Krux(all three), Memory Garden, Abstrakt Algebra, Memento Mori, Lowe-era Candlemass, Crypt Sermon etc.

Wolf are exactly what I was after and really enjoying Sumerlands too. I'll work my way through some of the others.

Thanks for the great suggestions.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:39 am 

An Ferbasach wrote:

Thanks

Try Todd La Torre's album from this year. Great heavy, punchy stuff.

An Ferbasach
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:53 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
An Ferbasach wrote:

Thanks

Try Todd La Torre's album from this year. Great heavy, punchy stuff.

Really digging this, thanks.

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:57 pm 

Dungeon_Vic wrote:
An Ferbasach wrote:

Thanks

I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone really mention Memory Garden before. Carnage Carnival has been a favorite of mine for a long time!

MetlaNZ
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:47 am 

Jophelerx wrote:
So Steel Angel (not the French one, this one from the US)'s sole full-length album Inquiete (reissued in 2016 along with their demo material under the name In A Quiet Dream) is fucking awesome USPM, aggressive yet complex and with a bit of a neoclassical flair at times, comparable to stuff like Talisphere, Deadly Blessing, or even late 80s Helstar, I can't believe I've never heard this before nor seen it mentioned, might have just assumed it was the French one if someone ever brought it up, which is also a really good band, but not as good as this. Seriously, this is album is really mature and consistent, check it out in its entirety here:
You won't be disappointed! There really is always still more great stuff out there, even for someone as far down the rabbit hole as I am! USPM is just so goddamn big! (BTW, if you just want to hear a highlight track before checking out the whole album, track 5, "Images," is completely fucking insane, starts at 19:07. Serious Nosferatu vibes in the guitar work!

One album "Inquiete" released in '92 on cassette and limited to 100 copies... now that's the definition of obscure! The early ninties were a rough time for USPM and this sorta stuff can be really hit or miss, this is definitely a hit. Good stuff, it's a shame the reissue comp was also very limited.

Jophelerx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:35 am 

Yeah, between the extremely limited print runs of both the original album and the reissue (plus as you said '92 being a rough time for USPM) and having a pretty generic band name, I guess it's not too surprising it's not more well-known. But yeah I was really impressed, crazy how much is still out there unmined in similar circumstances to this.

An unrelated question: for those who, like me, wrote off post-demo Steel Prophet as being pretty lame and less riff-oriented, how long has it actually been since you checked out the debut full-length, The Goddess Principle? About halfway through it now and it seems like quite solid white collar USPM, not as crazy or dark as the excellent Inner Ascendance demo, but still a worthwhile release. I think I generally tried their Dark Hallucinations album which was more often recommended and seems a lot weaker, it looks like they switched out two band members following the first full-length, likely has something to do with it, but I think anyone who likes their demo material would still enjoy The Goddess Principle. It looks like the first and last tracks were reworked demo tracks anyway so it's not that different.

I know the regulars of this thread have been kind of split on "later" (post-demo) Steel Prophet material, and it's been years since I remember it being discussed, so this may be irrelevant to current regulars of the thread anyway, but just curious since I was pleasantly surprised by this album.

macmoney wrote:

MetlaNZ
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:07 am 

^I went through a Steel Prophet phase 10 to 15 years ago. My favorites were definitely the first album and the demos comps. The other albums were well made, good solid stuff but they just didn't stick with me. It's been a long time since I heard them tho and I didn't rip any copies before I sold them, I kinda regret that. Good band that didn't live up to the potential shown on that early stuff.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:59 pm 

I still play Book of the Dead and Dark Hallucinations now and again. Haven't heard their debut. I like their writing style on Book of the Dead in particular; a very modern idiosyncratic and hook-based thing.

For more modern PM, Wardrum are really something. Both their last two albums are real sleeper hits and there's barely any qualms I got. Any fan of power metal that is heavy and intricate and just smartly made ought to have these on their lists. New one is growing on me every spin and may even be more melodically intricate than the previous one - sacrificing maybe a smidgen of heaviness but not much at all.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:05 pm 

I'm a HUGE fan of Dark Hallucinations, Messiah and Book of the Dead. R.D. Liapakis in Steel Prophet is just weird, although Rick Mythiasin didn't do that well on the later albums.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:09 pm 

Yeah the last album they did before the Liapakis one was actually pretty bad and awkward. Shame.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:42 am 

Anyone heard Kosmic Dragon's new album yet? REALLY ambitious for a debut, it's still sinking in but there is a hell of a lot going on. First trad album of 2021 to really catch me off guard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8HR_MAQGEc

Jophelerx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:03 am 

I had taken note to check it out soon, since it was in my recommended videos on YouTube and I thought the album art looked dope. Listening to it now and it's some strange, interesting stuff. As you said, it's got a lot going on, and that spacey atmosphere is unusual, sort of like a spiritual successor to Sacred Blade/Othyrworld. I like how the keyboards add another layer of atmosphere, not at all how keys are usually used in metal (in my experience, at least). Definitely memorable, and probably a grower. I do have to say, the ultra-clicky drums do get a bit irritating after awhile, but that's the only complaint I have.

Unrelated: did anyone else notice Howie say in the Best-of 2000s Poll thread that he's rerecorded ...And Rome Shall Fall with a new vocalist and has new demo material in the works? I mean, ...And Rome Shall Fall is a great album as-is, but it happens to also have a terrible drum sound and there's something about the production in general that always felt a bit off to me, though it's hard to put my finger on. Either way, a different take on the tracks with another vocalist would be interesting to hear if nothing else.

macmoney wrote:

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:05 am 

I couldn't find the album anywhere when I looked, so sounds good to me that he's redoing those songs. Can't wait.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 609, 610, 611, 612, 613, 614, 615 ... 624  Next