Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:53 am 

Tekdeth, wraithlike, thanks for the recs.

FRESH REQUEST:I'm looking for blast heavy brutal DM in the vein of Abnormal Inhumane - Consuming the Infinity.

Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:09 pm 

sonic_enemy_333 wrote:

FRESH REQUEST:I'm looking for blast heavy brutal DM in the vein of Abnormal Inhumane - Consuming the Infinity.

You might like Deeds of Flesh, but they're one of the more well known bands in the brutal death metal fields.

I actually discuss that Abnormal Inhumane CD in a YouTube video I filmed in 2017.

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:11 am 

Yes Deeds of Flesh I am already familiar with. Consuming the Infinity is a good album.

astralprison
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:20 pm 

sonic_enemy_333 wrote:

Look into the rest of the New Standard Elite roster (the label Abnormal Inhumane is on).
In my opinion the best brutal DM label currently.

Karpanians
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:57 am 

I'd like some bands that sound like Death's first albums

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:16 am 

I'm looking for death metal bands from Mexico that have some slower songs! Not doom stuff, just slower songs mixed in with the faster ones.

mike_87
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:28 pm 

Someone name me some more good fast death metal from the Czech Republic? Fleshless came up on my radio earlier.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:34 pm 

Crusher_of_Spirits wrote:

Try Gruesome and Morgoth.

Ultrabored
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:28 pm 

Hi, can you rec some really over the top brutal death metal? Stuff that's just batshit insanely brutal.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:53 am 

Ultrabored wrote:
Hi, can you rec some really over the top brutal death metal? Stuff that's just batshit insanely brutal.

You might know, but Devourment just put out a new album, Obscene Majesty, and they really outdid themselves with brutality this time.

Ultrabored
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:41 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Ultrabored wrote:

You might know, but Devourment just put out a new album, Obscene Majesty, and they really outdid themselves with brutality this time.

I don't like slam very much, the only things i enjoy from that genre is Abominable Putridity, Katalepsy and 7 H Target. I mean something like Revenge but in BDM format.

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:33 pm 

Ultrabored wrote:
Ilwhyan wrote:
Ultrabored wrote:

I don't like slam very much, the only things i enjoy from that genre is Abominable Putridity, Katalepsy and 7 H Target. I mean something like Revenge but in BDM format.

Maybe try Brodequin, Orchidectomy, Excoriation, Embodied Torment, Coprobaptized Cunthunter, Artery Eruption/Devouring Humanity

Karpanians
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:37 am 

Quote:

Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:38 pm 

colin040 wrote:
Crusher_of_Spirits wrote:

There's also Morfin. Great band; Consumed by Evil was one of the best death metal albums of the late 2010s.

Although it was released in 1991, there's also Massacre's album From Beyond. It even features performers who were members of Death in the late 1980s.

andersbang
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:45 am 

Ultrabored wrote:
Ilwhyan wrote:
Ultrabored wrote:

"Revenge, but brutal death metal" = Encenathrakh. Total uncompromising mindfuck.

Tekdeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:41 pm 

Seeing as Encenathrakh has been mentioned, I might aswell mention Enmity. Opinions on them vary greatly, though they're kind of essential if you're into the extremely brutal stuff. The only thing that really bothers me with Enmity is the mixing/mastering/production in general. The vocals are way too high in the mix and I can't stand them at all. I'll also add that Enmity is probably the only band that has made me burst into laughter when I first listened to their music, though the YouTube comments on their full-length were probably the cause of that...

Edit: I just looked up Enmity again and found out there's a remixed/remastered re-issue of their debut EP on Bandcamp that sounds much better than the original. It's quite enjoyable actually...

Here it is:
https://amputatedveinrecords.bandcamp.c ... t-re-issue

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:54 pm 

I'm looking for something similar to Amorphis' The Karelian Isthmus, just with more bite and more riffs. That album isn't bad, but I wish it had some more riffs to fill up the space so to speak. I already know Gorement's The Ending Quest and Deathevokation's The Chalice of Ages, but those aren't exactly what I'm looking for either.

ljjnico
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:23 am 

colin040 wrote:
I'm looking for something similar to Amorphis' The Karelian Isthmus, just with more bite and more riffs. That album isn't bad, but I wish it had some more riffs to fill up the space so to speak. I already know Gorement's The Ending Quest and Deathevokation's The Chalice of Ages, but those aren't exactly what I'm looking for either.

Desolate Shrine, Convulse and Corpsessed.

~Guest 322837
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:51 pm 

Anyone got up and coming and death metal bands that are pushing the extremes of this genre in interesting ways? For some examples, I think of Planisphaerium having done this for its time, or every Defeated Sanity release Psalms and onward.

What I'm looking for is uncompromisingly heavy shit that puts a really weird spin on it all. And while that's all subjective, a definitive request I can put in this is that it's a pretty new release.

LVB
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:33 pm 

For fans of The Chasm. This is not a question, but hopefully it helps someone. Check out Serpens Aeon. It features former The Chasm members and their lone album is very strong with catchy and varied melodic riff work that is more in line with The Chasm (but different enough) than the Gothenburg scene. I just listened today and found that it has only one review on MA so it seems to be a hidden gem.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:01 am 

Thanks for the heads-up, that sounds like something I need to check out.

andersbang
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:05 am 

wraithlike wrote:
Anyone got up and coming and death metal bands that are pushing the extremes of this genre in interesting ways? For some examples, I think of Planisphaerium having done this for its time, or every Defeated Sanity release Psalms and onward.

What I'm looking for is uncompromisingly heavy shit that puts a really weird spin on it all. And while that's all subjective, a definitive request I can put in this is that it's a pretty new release.

Artificial Brain? Not that obscure, but they're not big either. One of my absolute favorite newer bands.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:32 am 

wraithlike wrote:

Chaos Echoes really push the boundaries of death metal. Such a shame they disbanded.

~Guest 322837
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:41 pm 

Gravetemplar wrote:
wraithlike wrote:

Chaos Echoes really push the boundaries of death metal. Such a shame they disbanded.

Just listened to Mouvement and really enjoyed it, appreciate the recommendation. I forgot to mention I also love Portal and they represent this request better than any other band, and this reminds me quite a bit of Portal but still does its own thing.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:50 pm 

wraithlike wrote:
Gravetemplar wrote:
wraithlike wrote:

Just listened to Mouvement and really enjoyed it, appreciate the recommendation. I forgot to mention I also love Portal and they represent this request better than any other band, and this reminds me quite a bit of Portal but still does its own thing.

Mouvement is great but I like Transient better. It's a lot more asbtract though.

BlackheartSauron
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:10 am 

wraithlike wrote:

Hmm. How about Revulsed or Redepmtor?

jugchord07
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:07 am 

Looking for some death metal with the bass very prominent in the mix. Particularly looking for tech stuff along the lines of Equipoise and brutal death. Example Internal Bleeding's debut

Review requests http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... hp?t=74246

My blog http://foulfeast.blogspot.com

Tekdeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:43 pm 

jugchord07 wrote:
Looking for some death metal with the bass very prominent in the mix. Particularly looking for tech stuff along the lines of Equipoise and brutal death. Example Internal Bleeding's debut

Well, if you like the bass to be very prominent then I might have something interesting for you...: https://neoandertals.bandcamp.com/album ... r-butchers

For a band that might satisfy your request better I can only think of Repudilation right now. They were a less known staple of slam/death back in the day, though you might know them already.

jugchord07
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:24 pm 

Man that Neoandertals is something else! I think I'm digging it though. Bass for days! I recall seeing that Repudilation demo cover years ago but unsure if I jammed it. Decimation is a banger! If anybody else has something for me chime in. Cheers to you

Review requests http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... hp?t=74246

My blog http://foulfeast.blogspot.com

Tekdeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:26 pm 

If anyone knows of anything that is quite similar to (and equally as amazing as) Misericordiam's "Unanimity and the Cessation of Hostility" EP and would like to share this with me, I think I'd be eternally grateful.

Bandcamp: https://music.tgrex.com/album/unanimity ... ostility-2

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:44 pm 

jugchord07 wrote:

As far as bands in the same ballpark as Equipoise I'd suggest Unhuman.

But otherwise tech-death with prominent bass Martyr, Atheretic and Parvor (see the latters Furioso for wall to wall bass wankery)

On the brutal side Iniquity - Scerenadium, Pyrexia - Sermon of Mockery, Deprecated - Deriding his creation spring to mind

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:50 am 

Anyone got recs similar to this:

thewrll
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:04 pm 

Would love know of some death metal bands whose song length is normally over 7 minutes. One of the aspects I love about black metal is the track length. I have fallen out of love for death metal am wondering if longer songs are just what I need. Would love recommendations from this year.

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:27 am 

thewrll wrote:
Would love know of some death metal bands whose song length is normally over 7 minutes. One of the aspects I love about black metal is the track length. I have fallen out of love for death metal am wondering if longer songs are just what I need. Would love recommendations from this year.

Blood Incantation is one that comes to mind.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:19 am 

thewrll wrote:

Ulcerate's later albums have songs that are about 7 minutes on average., Shrines of Paralysis having four out of eight songs over eight minutes, one of which is 9:25.

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:38 pm 

For bass very prominent in the mix I suggest DEEDS OF FLESH-REDUCED TO ASHES

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:45 am 

Sci-fi death metal recommendations?

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:40 am 

Sci-fi death metal: Timeghoul

Tekdeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:27 pm 

The Ardbeg Wizard wrote:

Off the top of my head:

01101111011101100110111001101001: https://amputatedveinrecords.bandcamp.c ... j0333-0651 (Sci-fi brutal death)
Wormed: https://wormed.bandcamp.com/album/exodromos (Sci-fi brutal death)
Virvum: https://virvum.bandcamp.com/album/illuminance (Sci-fi tech death)

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:21 pm 

The Ardbeg Wizard wrote:

Obvious but Nocturnus

Gigan

Andromorphous Rexalia

Dripping (at a push)

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279 ... 289  Next