Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
colin040
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:00 pm
Posts: 5825
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:23 am 
 

IamDBR wrote:
"Lemmy styled vocals" - check out Excoriate


Those vocals sound more like Martin van Drunen's trademark howls.

So, I've been loving The Chasm's Procreation of the Inner temple ever since I've heard it and I wonder if there's anything else like it. I suppose ATG's early stuff comes close, but I already know them obviously.

Top
 Profile  
Xymosys
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:19 am
Posts: 589
Location: Croatia
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:33 pm 
 

Hello! Can you please recommend me some groovy and catchy, yet powerful and crushing death metal bands for casual listen :D
_________________
Bring me mad men's bodies, I will break them all like bread...

Top
 Profile  
colin040
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:00 pm
Posts: 5825
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:21 pm 
 

...Bolt Thrower?

Top
 Profile  
sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:56 am
Posts: 284
Location: India
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:58 pm 
 

Xymosys wrote:
Hello! Can you please recommend me some groovy and catchy, yet powerful and crushing death metal bands for casual listen :D


How about Six Feet Under?
_________________
Death metal is the highest form of music. It is a mathematical statement of truth about society and the world in which we live.

Top
 Profile  
sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:56 am
Posts: 284
Location: India
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:45 am 
 

blarg223 wrote:
90% of what those labels dump out is utter dogshit, at least these days. Now, I'm only speaking from the perspective of someone who listens to death metal, I cannot vouch for the quality of these labels' other genre releases or anything, but some great, old school death metal oriented labels would be:

*Dark Descent
Profound Lore
Unspeakable Acts
Dark Blasphemies
Chaos Records
Vic Records
Deepsend
Hammerheart
Everlasting Spew
*Memento Mori
*Lavadome
Necroharmonic
Iron Bonehead
Hammerheart
Repulsive Echo
FDA Records

Drowned Productions and Wild Rags are a couple of excellent old school labels that aren't around anymore but basically anything released on those labels will be DM gold. A lot of the above labels also focus primarily on reissues of out of print albums from the past, not so much new releases, just fyi.

A couple of the more brutal death or at least not-so-old-school oriented labels would be:

*Unique Leader (old catalog is amazing, new releases....not so much.)
*New Standard Elite
*Comatose (also a great distro!!)
Sevared (another great distro)
Coyote Records
Gore and Blood Productions
Rising Nemesis
Lacerated Enemy
Ungodly Ruins
Guttural Brutality Productions
Brutal Mind (or really any indonesian label....Dismembered, Rottrevore, etc., but BM is the best distro as well)
Swallow Vomit
*Reality Fade Records
Permeated
CDN Records (another fantastic distro, I paid $150 for over 45 excellent CDs towards the end of last year)
Charred Remains


New standard Elite is really good. Very consistent sound. I liked their regular BDM stuff as well as the Slam, but then I am a fan of Slam anyway.

Unique Leader doesn't need any commendation. I'm listening, lately, to Internal Bleeding, Pyaemia and other stuff.

Question: As someone who is a fan of slam, what regular BDM bands would be recommended? :p
_________________
Death metal is the highest form of music. It is a mathematical statement of truth about society and the world in which we live.

Top
 Profile  
KinskiTemper
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:30 pm
Posts: 185
Location: SC
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:48 pm 
 

Xymosys wrote:
Hello! Can you please recommend me some groovy and catchy, yet powerful and crushing death metal bands for casual listen :D


Jungle Rot's "Dead and Buried." Exactly what you're looking for.

Top
 Profile  
Xenophon
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:07 am
Posts: 1118
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:52 am 
 

Any recs for melodic death metal with keyboards and raw production, or just anything that sounds like this Inearthed song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMPlh3L007o

(or something like Xantam's Lifedeathbeyond demo)

Top
 Profile  
Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:47 am
Posts: 787
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:17 am 
 

Xymosys wrote:
Hello! Can you please recommend me some groovy and catchy, yet powerful and crushing death metal bands for casual listen :D


Danish scene is good for crushing and catchy/groovy dm, paticularly early Illdisposed and Iniquity.




Top
 Profile  
Rippingheadache
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:42 pm
Posts: 943
Location: Vietnam
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:45 pm 
 

Hello everyone, I'm in search of newer bands that specialize in playing old-school influenced technical death metal. That said, as much as I love bands like Blood Incantation, I am NOT looking for bands that borrow influences from the Demilich/Timeghoul sound. I'm specifically looking for technical death metal with an emphasis on creating a morbid and diseased atmosphere while managing to be rhythmic and riff-packed as possible. The closes reference points would be the following

Gorguts - The Erosion of Sanity
Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
Ripping Corpse - Dreaming with the Dead
Brutality - Screams of Anguish
Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten/Breeding the Spawn

My issue with most tech death these days is that it hardly sounds threatening, and while my examples couldn't be any more disparate sounding they all share this sense of menace that's true to the spirit of OSDM. I realize this request may seem somewhat vague and subjective but I'm having a hard time finding newer tech-death that elicits the classic death metal feeling.

Top
 Profile  
sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:56 am
Posts: 284
Location: India
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:57 am 
 

sonic_enemy_333 wrote:
blarg223 wrote:
90% of what those labels dump out is utter dogshit, at least these days. Now, I'm only speaking from the perspective of someone who listens to death metal, I cannot vouch for the quality of these labels' other genre releases or anything, but some great, old school death metal oriented labels would be:

*Dark Descent
Profound Lore
Unspeakable Acts
Dark Blasphemies
Chaos Records
Vic Records
Deepsend
Hammerheart
Everlasting Spew
*Memento Mori
*Lavadome
Necroharmonic
Iron Bonehead
Hammerheart
Repulsive Echo
FDA Records

Drowned Productions and Wild Rags are a couple of excellent old school labels that aren't around anymore but basically anything released on those labels will be DM gold. A lot of the above labels also focus primarily on reissues of out of print albums from the past, not so much new releases, just fyi.

A couple of the more brutal death or at least not-so-old-school oriented labels would be:

*Unique Leader (old catalog is amazing, new releases....not so much.)
*New Standard Elite
*Comatose (also a great distro!!)
Sevared (another great distro)
Coyote Records
Gore and Blood Productions
Rising Nemesis
Lacerated Enemy
Ungodly Ruins
Guttural Brutality Productions
Brutal Mind (or really any indonesian label....Dismembered, Rottrevore, etc., but BM is the best distro as well)
Swallow Vomit
*Reality Fade Records
Permeated
CDN Records (another fantastic distro, I paid $150 for over 45 excellent CDs towards the end of last year)
Charred Remains


New standard Elite is really good. Very consistent sound. I liked their regular BDM stuff as well as the Slam, but then I am a fan of Slam anyway.

Unique Leader doesn't need any commendation. I'm listening, lately, to Internal Bleeding, Pyaemia and other stuff.

Question: As someone who is a fan of slam, what regular BDM bands would be recommended? :p

I am going through the old school labels now and must say finding 'DM gold'.
_________________
Death metal is the highest form of music. It is a mathematical statement of truth about society and the world in which we live.

Top
 Profile  
MetlaNZ
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:45 pm
Posts: 87
Location: New Zealand
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:02 pm 
 

colin040 wrote:
IamDBR wrote:
"Lemmy styled vocals" - check out Excoriate


Those vocals sound more like Martin van Drunen's trademark howls.

So, I've been loving The Chasm's Procreation of the Inner temple ever since I've heard it and I wonder if there's anything else like it. I suppose ATG's early stuff comes close, but I already know them obviously.


Try Shub Niggurath from Mexico. Deceased also. Both bands are progressive in their approach to writing and create an atmosphere of dread, that's at least in spirit, similar to The Chasm.

Top
 Profile  
colin040
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:00 pm
Posts: 5825
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:22 am 
 

Heard them both. Can't say I enjoy listening to them too much though.

Top
 Profile  
MetlaNZ
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:45 pm
Posts: 87
Location: New Zealand
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:10 am 
 

colin040 wrote:
Heard them both. Can't say I enjoy listening to them too much though.


The Chasm are one of a kind band. Got into them around 2000 when Terrorizer mag started really getting interested in them. I remember an interviewer describing them as a mix of Dissection and Dismember, Daniel Corchado liked the comparison. That new instrumental album is awesome.

Top
 Profile  
Xenophon
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:07 am
Posts: 1118
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:58 pm 
 

Rippingheadache wrote:
Hello everyone, I'm in search of newer bands that specialize in playing old-school influenced technical death metal. That said, as much as I love bands like Blood Incantation, I am NOT looking for bands that borrow influences from the Demilich/Timeghoul sound. I'm specifically looking for technical death metal with an emphasis on creating a morbid and diseased atmosphere while managing to be rhythmic and riff-packed as possible. The closes reference points would be the following

Gorguts - The Erosion of Sanity
Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
Ripping Corpse - Dreaming with the Dead
Brutality - Screams of Anguish
Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten/Breeding the Spawn

My issue with most tech death these days is that it hardly sounds threatening, and while my examples couldn't be any more disparate sounding they all share this sense of menace that's true to the spirit of OSDM. I realize this request may seem somewhat vague and subjective but I'm having a hard time finding newer tech-death that elicits the classic death metal feeling.


Tribulation - The Horror
Cist - The Frozen Casket
Whore (Sweden) - demo
Golgothan Remains - Perverse Offerings to the Void
Ton - Plague
Hectic Patterns - Random

Any of these in the ballpark of what you're looking for?

Top
 Profile  
Rippingheadache
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:42 pm
Posts: 943
Location: Vietnam
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:40 pm 
 

Thanks for the recs man! Here are my impressions so far...

Hectic Patterns: Although I do enjoy this type of mathy brutal death/grind sound, it's a little too noodle-ly for a lack of a better term, and doesn't have the eerie, unsettling vibes that I seek.

Cist: Now this is more like it. Very much along the lines of Consuming Impulse-era Pestilence with the robust, stop-start riffage. The melodies are also suitably threatening sounding. If I had to nitpick a little, it doesn't quite match the all pervasive dread of Consuming Impulse (Like the riff at 1:20 and 2:53 on Chronic Infection) but then again what does. Definitely in the right direction.

Whore: Very neck-snapping stuff. I can see definite comparisons to Ripping Corpse in regards to speed and the chaotic song structures. Personally, I would've like to hear a bit more technicality and experimentation. I mentioned Ripping Corpse because they're extremely adept at tempering full-on thrash assaults with creepy, albeit very unorthodox melodies (Like at 0:30 mark on Chugging Pus or 0:17 on Through the Skin through the Soul). Not bad though!

Golgothan Remains: Solid stuff, but not really what I'm looking for. I get more a cosmic, or desolate vibe from this band than anything approaching morbid or threatening.

Ton: Woah this is seriously insane. There's tons (pun intended) of rhythmic flair and interesting, creative songwriting choices. I suppose a minor complaint would be that some of that malevolent feeling sorta gets lost in the constantly shifting riff salad. Suffocation knows how to anchor their technicality with some very evil sounding melodies (The riff at 3:15 on Effigy of the Forgotten is a perfect example), and Ton is very much in the same ballpark. I also hear a lot of None so Vile in this record so that's cool too.

Tribulation: Excellent band but I'm already familiar with them. A little too much straightforward thrashing to be considered technical imo. Perhaps I need to give it another listen.

Anyways, very on point recommendations. Cist, Whore and Ton where the ones closest to what I was looking for. Cheers, and thanks again!

Top
 Profile  
Xenophon
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:07 am
Posts: 1118
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:48 pm 
 

Rippingheadache wrote:
Thanks for the recs man! Here are my impressions so far...

Hectic Patterns: Although I do enjoy this type of mathy brutal death/grind sound, it's a little too noodle-ly for a lack of a better term, and doesn't have the eerie, unsettling vibes that I seek.

Cist: Now this is more like it. Very much along the lines of Consuming Impulse-era Pestilence with the robust, stop-start riffage. The melodies are also suitably threatening sounding. If I had to nitpick a little, it doesn't quite match the all pervasive dread of Consuming Impulse (Like the riff at 1:20 and 2:53 on Chronic Infection) but then again what does. Definitely in the right direction.

Whore: Very neck-snapping stuff. I can see definite comparisons to Ripping Corpse in regards to speed and the chaotic song structures. Personally, I would've like to hear a bit more technicality and experimentation. I mentioned Ripping Corpse because they're extremely adept at tempering full-on thrash assaults with creepy, albeit very unorthodox melodies (Like at 0:30 mark on Chugging Pus or 0:17 on Through the Skin through the Soul). Not bad though!

Golgothan Remains: Solid stuff, but not really what I'm looking for. I get more a cosmic, or desolate vibe from this band than anything approaching morbid or threatening.

Ton: Woah this is seriously insane. There's tons (pun intended) of rhythmic flair and interesting, creative songwriting choices. I suppose a minor complaint would be that some of that malevolent feeling sorta gets lost in the constantly shifting riff salad. Suffocation knows how to anchor their technicality with some very evil sounding melodies (The riff at 3:15 on Effigy of the Forgotten is a perfect example), and Ton is very much in the same ballpark. I also hear a lot of None so Vile in this record so that's cool too.

Tribulation: Excellent band but I'm already familiar with them. A little too much straightforward thrashing to be considered technical imo. Perhaps I need to give it another listen.

Anyways, very on point recommendations. Cist, Whore and Ton where the ones closest to what I was looking for. Cheers, and thanks again!

Tribulation might not be what you're looking for I suppose--they're a bit busier and more aggressive than your typical osdm band, but they're not frantic or technical on the level of Ton or something. Glad you dug some of that stuff though. Cheers!

Top
 Profile  
EzraBlumenfeld
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:50 pm
Posts: 295
Location: Land of No Return
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:21 pm 
 

Looking for some OSDM with lyrics in Norwegian.
_________________
Kveldulfr wrote:
Like butter comes from milk, butter will only be a reminder of its milky origins, whereas milk reigns supreme as a vital element.


Last.fm
Listen to my band's new album!
Listen to my other band's new demo!

Top
 Profile  
Amber Gray
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:30 am
Posts: 646
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:19 pm 
 

Rippingheadache wrote:
Hello everyone, I'm in search of newer bands that specialize in playing old-school influenced technical death metal. That said, as much as I love bands like Blood Incantation, I am NOT looking for bands that borrow influences from the Demilich/Timeghoul sound. I'm specifically looking for technical death metal with an emphasis on creating a morbid and diseased atmosphere while managing to be rhythmic and riff-packed as possible. The closes reference points would be the following

Gorguts - The Erosion of Sanity
Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
Ripping Corpse - Dreaming with the Dead
Brutality - Screams of Anguish
Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten/Breeding the Spawn

My issue with most tech death these days is that it hardly sounds threatening, and while my examples couldn't be any more disparate sounding they all share this sense of menace that's true to the spirit of OSDM. I realize this request may seem somewhat vague and subjective but I'm having a hard time finding newer tech-death that elicits the classic death metal feeling.

maybe this

https://darkdescentrecords.bandcamp.com ... -mortality
_________________
https://www.last.fm/user/templeruins

[New release] Noosefiller - Noosefilller (Technical/Progressive Black Metal)
Q'uq'umatz (Avant-garde/progressive metal/psychedelic/noise rock)

Top
 Profile  
sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:56 am
Posts: 284
Location: India
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:05 pm 
 

Just wondering if there are many bands in the current scene that have continued in the vein of Morbid Angel-Blessed are the Sick. That album is damn amazing.
_________________
Death metal is the highest form of music. It is a mathematical statement of truth about society and the world in which we live.

Top
 Profile  
Matt_B
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:50 pm
Posts: 64
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:52 am 
 

Can anybody recommend death metal in the style of Bloodbath, Entombed, Dismember. Not necessarily Swedish bands but I love that buzzsaw HM-2 guitar tone, cheers

Top
 Profile  
at the gaytes
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:07 pm
Posts: 447
Location: Bangladesh
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 2:08 pm 
 

Can anyone recommend something similar to Gorguts - Obscura?

Matt_B wrote:
Can anybody recommend death metal in the style of Bloodbath, Entombed, Dismember. Not necessarily Swedish bands but I love that buzzsaw HM-2 guitar tone, cheers


Corpsegrinder (Brazil) have a punkish, slight melodic death metal style that you may like, but they don't have the buzzsaw guitar tone. You may also like Abhoth - Forever To Be Vanished Therein and Crematory - Denial.

Top
 Profile  
Rippingheadache
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:42 pm
Posts: 943
Location: Vietnam
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:53 pm 
 

at the gaytes wrote:
Can anyone recommend something similar to Gorguts - Obscura?


Gigan - Order of the False Eye
Pyrrhon - The Mother of Virtues
Artificial Brain - Labyrinth Constellations
Baring Teeth - Atrophy
Dystrophy - Wretched Host

These bands have been around the scene for a while so there's a good chance you're already familiar with them...

@Amber Gray: My apologies for replying late. Wasn't a big fan of the production and overall, may take some time for it to grow on me. Thanks for the rec though!

Top
 Profile  
DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:30 am
Posts: 958
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:23 am 
 

sonic_enemy_333 wrote:
Just wondering if there are many bands in the current scene that have continued in the vein of Morbid Angel-Blessed are the Sick. That album is damn amazing.


If by this you mean occult death metal that sounds like demonic classical music played with distorted guitars and pounding drums then there's
https://domainsofdeath.bandcamp.com/alb ... ceremonies
which is pretty much the best death metal debut since Nile's. Songwriting is out of this world.

Top
 Profile  
sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:56 am
Posts: 284
Location: India
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:51 am 
 

@DeathfareDevil thanks a lot for the reco I liked that band.

My personal recommendation for Brutal Death Metal fans is a band I discovered recently. I can't find enough good things to say about them except that I find them as good as Cephalotripsy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az-ODp6eTVE
_________________
Death metal is the highest form of music. It is a mathematical statement of truth about society and the world in which we live.

Top
 Profile  
Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:47 am
Posts: 787
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:48 pm 
 

sonic_enemy_333 wrote:
My personal recommendation for Brutal Death Metal fans is a band I discovered recently. I can't find enough good things to say about them except that I find them as good as Cephalotripsy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az-ODp6eTVE


Really looking forward to a full album from Mnemonic Wetbrain good stuff reminds me of shit like coprobaptized cunthunter but with some added weirdness to the riffage

Top
 Profile  
sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:56 am
Posts: 284
Location: India
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:08 am 
 

I checked out coprobaptized cunthunter. They are on Reality Fade too. Quite awesome.
_________________
Death metal is the highest form of music. It is a mathematical statement of truth about society and the world in which we live.

Top
 Profile  
CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:47 am
Posts: 5942
Location: The cavern's core
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:22 am 
 

Matt_B wrote:
Can anybody recommend death metal in the style of Bloodbath, Entombed, Dismember. Not necessarily Swedish bands but I love that buzzsaw HM-2 guitar tone, cheers


Check this out.

Binah - Hallucinating in the Resurrecture

Desecresy - The Doom Skeptron

Cryptborn - In the Grasp of the Starving Dead

Entrails - The Tomb Awaits

Bastard Priest - Ghouls of the Endless Night and Under the Hammer of Destruction

Coffin Lust - Manifestation of Inner Darkness

Desolate Shrine - Tenebrous Towers
_________________
Not for mercy does the evolution of I progress...

My collection

Top
 Profile  
EzraBlumenfeld
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:50 pm
Posts: 295
Location: Land of No Return
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:41 pm 
 

Looking for any good Norwegian death metal.

Separately, I'm looking for some good prog-death aside from Opeth, Edge of Sanity, and Katatonia.
_________________
Kveldulfr wrote:
Like butter comes from milk, butter will only be a reminder of its milky origins, whereas milk reigns supreme as a vital element.


Last.fm
Listen to my band's new album!
Listen to my other band's new demo!

Top
 Profile  
Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:47 am
Posts: 787
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:59 pm 
 

EzraBlumenfeld wrote:
Looking for any good Norwegian death metal.


Darkthrone - Soulside Journey - Obvious suggestion but yeah...
Molested - Blod Draum - Dark chaotic and slightly folky OSDM, really awesome record.
Cadaver - Hallucinating Anxiety - Gnarly punky OSDM, lot of people rate their second album In Pains personally I find it dull as fuck compared to their first.
Obliteration - First album is solid OSDM-revival, second album onwards things get interesting.
Execration - Great atmospheric occult death metal, Odes to the Occult would be my personal recommendation.
Diskord - Sort of weirdo psychedelic death metal.

Top
 Profile  
EzraBlumenfeld
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:50 pm
Posts: 295
Location: Land of No Return
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:11 pm 
 

Hayisforhorses wrote:
EzraBlumenfeld wrote:
Looking for any good Norwegian death metal.


Darkthrone - Soulside Journey - Obvious suggestion but yeah...
Molested - Blod Draum - Dark chaotic and slightly folky OSDM, really awesome record.
Cadaver - Hallucinating Anxiety - Gnarly punky OSDM, lot of people rate their second album In Pains personally I find it dull as fuck compared to their first.
Obliteration - First album is solid OSDM-revival, second album onwards things get interesting.
Execration - Great atmospheric occult death metal, Odes to the Occult would be my personal recommendation.
Diskord - Sort of weirdo psychedelic death metal.


Great, thanks a bunch!
_________________
Kveldulfr wrote:
Like butter comes from milk, butter will only be a reminder of its milky origins, whereas milk reigns supreme as a vital element.


Last.fm
Listen to my band's new album!
Listen to my other band's new demo!

Top
 Profile  
Lord Tempestuous
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:27 pm
Posts: 166
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:42 am 
 

Matt_B wrote:
Can anybody recommend death metal in the style of Bloodbath, Entombed, Dismember. Not necessarily Swedish bands but I love that buzzsaw HM-2 guitar tone, cheers


Slaughterday! Fuck that tone is killer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blBzwO6WR1I
_________________
Your mother is so fat that the recursive function computing her mass causes a stack overflow.

Top
 Profile  
GuardsRifleViktor
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:39 am
Posts: 2
Location: Ukraine
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:08 pm 
 

Hey there. I'm new around here and new onto Death Metal. I have a request that I'm sure most of the veterans around here have seen countless times. I'm looking for something like Entombed's Left Hand Path. It's one of the best metal albums I've ever heard and I'm looking for more. Thank you.

Top
 Profile  
EzraBlumenfeld
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:50 pm
Posts: 295
Location: Land of No Return
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:19 pm 
 

GuardsRifleViktor wrote:
Hey there. I'm new around here and new onto Death Metal. I have a request that I'm sure most of the veterans around here have seen countless times. I'm looking for something like Entombed's Left Hand Path. It's one of the best metal albums I've ever heard and I'm looking for more. Thank you.


If you're completely new, I'd recommend Dismember's Like an Everflowing Stream, which is similar stylistically.

Also, I think The Spectral Sorrows by Edge of Sanity sounds a lot like that, but many would disagree due to its progressive elements. If you listen to it and like it, I would also recommend their albums Purgatory Afterglow and Crimson.
_________________
Kveldulfr wrote:
Like butter comes from milk, butter will only be a reminder of its milky origins, whereas milk reigns supreme as a vital element.


Last.fm
Listen to my band's new album!
Listen to my other band's new demo!

Top
 Profile  
Deathdoom1992
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 9:19 am
Posts: 355
Location: Wallowing in a sea of sorrow.
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:28 pm 
 

Looking for death metal/death 'n' roll that sounds similar to early Postmortem (Germany). More specifically, these two releases.

Der Totmacher
The Age of Massmurder

Thanks in advance!

Top
 Profile  
DrummingEdge133
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:48 pm
Posts: 2131
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:37 pm 
 

GuardsRifleViktor wrote:
Hey there. I'm new around here and new onto Death Metal. I have a request that I'm sure most of the veterans around here have seen countless times. I'm looking for something like Entombed's Left Hand Path. It's one of the best metal albums I've ever heard and I'm looking for more. Thank you.


Can try Carnage - Dark Recollections:

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/C ... ons/415385

Definitely in bullseye of that old dirty dark Swedish death metal stuff.
_________________
Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Xenophon
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:07 am
Posts: 1118
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:42 pm 
 

EzraBlumenfeld wrote:
Looking for any good Norwegian death metal.

Separately, I'm looking for some good prog-death aside from Opeth, Edge of Sanity, and Katatonia.


Kraanium aren't too bad.

GuardsRifleViktor wrote:
Hey there. I'm new around here and new onto Death Metal. I have a request that I'm sure most of the veterans around here have seen countless times. I'm looking for something like Entombed's Left Hand Path. It's one of the best metal albums I've ever heard and I'm looking for more. Thank you.


Horrendous - The Chills
Vallenfyre - Splinters
Binah - A Triad of Plagues
Ripped to Shreds - 埋葬
Spinebreaker - Ice Grave

Top
 Profile  
Machine_Dead
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:47 pm
Posts: 915
Location: Belgium
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:06 pm 
 

These 2 videos might seem interesting : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbeFCHjvGaU

and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVr-7Bj_lOk&t=72s

some personal suggestions:

Revel In Flesh
Lik
Carnation
Bastard Grave
Demonical
Hereza
Fleshcrawl
All Pigs Must Die (a bit more onthe Wolverine Blues side of things but still pretty cool)
The Kandidate (same as APMD)
_________________
The left hand path brings us dark recollections of the nocturnal silence which guides us like an ever flowing stream into the grave where no life dwells...

Top
 Profile  
rauk
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:40 am
Posts: 5
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:42 pm 
 

GuardsRifleViktor wrote:
Hey there. I'm new around here and new onto Death Metal. I have a request that I'm sure most of the veterans around here have seen countless times. I'm looking for something like Entombed's Left Hand Path. It's one of the best metal albums I've ever heard and I'm looking for more. Thank you.


nirvana 2002 - recordings 89-91
crematory - denial
necrophobic - nocturnal silence
goddefied - Abysmal Grief
repugnant - epitome of darkness
bastard priest - under the hammer of destruction
tribulation - the horror
morbus chron - sleepers in the rift
black breath - sentenced to life
under the church - rabid armageddon
witch vomit - poisoned blood
gravebomb - rot in putrid filth
_________________
BAY AREA DEATH METAL

http://rippedtoshredsdeathmetal.bandcamp.com

Top
 Profile  
sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:56 am
Posts: 284
Location: India
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:09 am 
 

here's requesting some solid Death Metal with chunky riffs in the vein of Jungle Rot.

I like blast oriented brutal DM too so anything of that kind would be great too.
_________________
Death metal is the highest form of music. It is a mathematical statement of truth about society and the world in which we live.

Top
 Profile  
IamDBR
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 1461
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:29 am 
 

Haven't delved much into dm this year but I'd recommend the new Dyscarnate album for chunky riffs.

Depravity (Aus) is pretty vicious as well.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266 ... 277  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Neon1487 and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group