Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Rippingheadache
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:40 am 

Oh snap that was my mistake. I was referring to their album "Hackled in Gore" which I thought was their debut album. Seemed like they had a full-length release before that, albeit with a real drummer.

Also, the band Extremely Rotten kinda sounds like a less hyper-active Defeated Sanity.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:17 am 

sonic_enemy_333 wrote:
Lately I have discovered that Defeated Sanity is a really unique Brutal DM band. I am looking for other bands like them. I like them because of the extremely talented drummer they have. I am going through the Similar Artists list on MA but would like some inputs as well.

Regurgitation "Tales of Necrophilia"

Excellent release from 1999 recently reissued by HHR. Brutal death metal that remembered to have an evil, violent atmosphere. There are a lot of moments on here that remind me of the first two Defeated Sanity records.

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:38 pm 

I just started lisetning to Extremely Rotten and it's good. Only problem is the slam parts. While I like slam I'm kind of staying away from it for a few months. the non slam parts are pretty listenable.

Dragunov, I am familiar with the Regurgitation. It's an album I like.

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:35 am 

Can anyone name me a load of Record Labels that produce good solid Death Metal.

Ones I am aware of are Sevared, Comatose, Seasons of Mist, Relapse, Unique Leader, Century Media, Metal Blade etc.

Rippingheadache
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:43 am 

Here's a few.

Maggot Stomp: Specializes in crushing, knuckle-dragging OSDM, though recent signings seems to indicate they're interested to include more unique bands into the fray (ie; Inoculation).

New Standard Elite: Nowadays, THE premier brutal death metal label. Pretty much akin to Unique Leader back in the day at their prime.

Willowtip Records: The go-to label for anything contemporary and on the cutting edge. They're incredibly varied with bands ranging from grind, tech-death, brutal death metal and so forth.

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:55 pm 

@RippingHeadache, willowtip is good.

I found Sarpanitum, Caphaurnam through it.

Request for recommendations:-

Please recommend more stuff along the lines of Severe Torture. I like almost all of their albums but especially Fall of the Despised and Sworn Vengeance.

thealtruist
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:05 am 

What about prog death? Looking for long songs, good drums/riffs, no tech and clean vocals, actually the least vocals the better yet no instrumental stuff, also doesn't need to be pure dm...

AlErDz5
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:39 am 

I am wondering if anybody knows any good the Black Dahlia Murder sounding bands. I really like Nocturnal and Matriarch, especially. It's melodic, dark, heavy, and scathing, I suppose. Does anybody know anything similar? Kind of like the newest Darkest Hour or SOTS At The Gates, that kind of zone? Anything would be appreciated. I love that stuff. Truly can't get enough. %100 the case. lol What do people think about asking about that band here? Not metal enough? I think the band is. The band has metal stylings on all the songs that are put out. I never encounter metalcore, well, not on anything beyond the first album that was released. So recommendations there certainly are death metal. There's no doubt. Death metal through and through. Pure. lol

AlErDz5
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:44 am 

Another request. This is a bit of an ambiguous one. Does anybody knowing anything that sounds like Pig Destroyer and a couple other bands? I think specific releases is a good basis for aiming my request. Pig Destroyer's Prowler In The Yard. Mouthbreather's Pig and Bandit's Warsaw. Stuff like that. Grind that's really intense. Very fast tempos, solid riffs, kind of over the top vocal performances. I could see uncertainty in the inclusion of Mouthbreather and Bandit here. But I think Mouthbreather has some death metal elements and Bandit surely has grind in them. So this kind of offering is not that away from metal if you ask me. By no means is it Def Leppard. lol What do people think about the current accumulation of sounds? Anything come to mind for that? I think that stuff in itself is great. Really good stuff. Another vaguely similar example is Every Time I Die's From Parts Unknown. It's more metalcore, for sure, but there no complete distance from metal in what it is. And it's extremely heavy the entire time. Something like that. I think I got my point accross. I don't think I missed anything. I'm confident there. For sure. No doubt. That's me entirely. lol

andersbang
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:05 am 

You need some Piss Vortex in your life.

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:48 am 

Lately listening to Decapitated, Suffocation, Severe Torture and most recently Abnormal Inhumane.

Getting to love the blast centered stuff with these new BRVTAL bands. Anyone can recommend more stuff with brvtal and varied BLASTBEATS??

EDIT:-Also recommend stuff where there is lots of gravity blasts.

andersbang
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:26 am 

Decrepit Birth (first album), Disgorge (us), Brodequin, Inveracity and Deeds of Flesh should get you started.

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:34 pm 

andersbang wrote:
Decrepit Birth (first album), Disgorge (us), Brodequin, Inveracity and Deeds of Flesh should get you started.

Appreciate the recs. I am already familiar with the mentioned bands(they all kick ass). If you think of something more do let me know.

Rippingheadache
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:53 pm 

Have you listened to the first two Yattering albums? They're very much a brutal death metal version of Decapitated.

andersbang
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:38 am 

sonic_enemy_333 wrote:
andersbang wrote:

Appreciate the recs. I am already familiar with the mentioned bands(they all kick ass). If you think of something more do let me know.

Cool. Here's a smattering of recommendations, from more Suffocation-ish stuff over some murky snare heavy BDM to slammy shit. I hope it's not too broad.

Severed Saviour, Visceral Bleeding, Cerebral Effusion, Excoriation (Russia), Putridity (Italy), Euphegenia, Orchidectomy, Rendered Helpless.

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:39 am 

@RippingHeadache,

I gave Yattering a listen. It is a bit complex for me.

@andersbang,

Severed Savior I like it's quite blasty. Visceral Bleeding is definitely blasty and good. Cerebral Effusion I have heard before. I just listened to Excoriation it's definitely strange. Quite brutal to be sure. Perhaps a bit too much. Rest I will listen to shortly.

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:10 am 

Just discovered some cool sounding stuff. Thought I'd share.

Youtube: show

AlErDz5
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:12 pm 

Does anybody have any recommendations similar to what I asked for? I'd really like to hear stuff like the aforementioned stuff. It's too good to not hunt for similar materials. The allure of such a thing is so large. lol What do people think about the requests made? Are there any thoughts about them? I'd like to hear them. Talk and talk. I want your thoughts here. lol In general the brutal stuff mentioned is good. Do others have a different opinion? Where do you come from on this style? I want to know that as well. Update me. That's a need to have news source, in all honesty, actually. lol

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:30 am 

AlErDz5 wrote:
Does anybody have any recommendations similar to what I asked for? I'd really like to hear stuff like the aforementioned stuff. It's too good to not hunt for similar materials. The allure of such a thing is so large. lol What do people think about the requests made? Are there any thoughts about them? I'd like to hear them. Talk and talk. I want your thoughts here. lol In general the brutal stuff mentioned is good. Do others have a different opinion? Where do you come from on this style? I want to know that as well. Update me. That's a need to have news source, in all honesty, actually. lol

Not related to Black Dahlia Murder but I would suggest it is a good idea to get a sense of the death metal sound before looking for specific bands. Try Malevolent Creation, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Death, Obituary, Pestilence,Infester, Brutality, Cancer and other bands in that vein. These are all old school bands. That way you will automatically separate out the stuff you like more than the other.

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:11 am 

Death metal in the vein of M.A.'S 'Domination' era please.

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:40 pm 

The Ardbeg Wizard wrote:
Death metal in the vein of M.A.'S 'Domination' era please.

First Zyklon album and mid-period Behemoth circa Thelema.6? They go full Covenant speed too of course but have a lot of that stomping industrial death metal groove.

thealtruist
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:41 am 

thealtruist wrote:
What about prog death? Looking for long songs, good drums/riffs, no tech and clean vocals, actually the least vocals the better yet no instrumental stuff, also doesn't need to be pure dm...

No love for prog over here? Pls...

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:23 am 

@RippingHeadache,

You recommended Scrambled Defuncts a few posts earlier. I'm just now beginning to get into it and it sounds quite good.

Rippingheadache
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:32 am 

Hey, cool! Yeah, they're pretty underrated in general. Their last album incorporated synths into the fray so it might throw you for a loop.

The Russian brutal death metal scene in general kicks major ass (ie; 7 H. Target, Purulent Jacuzzi, etc)

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:55 am 

Cool. Purulent Jacuzzi has that weird coffee can drum sound. I am familiar with them.

Now that you mentioned it I'll dig into that scene a bit more.

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:00 pm 

Just found this on my initial Russian BDM hunt

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:02 am 

sonic_enemy_333 wrote:
Just found this on my initial Russian BDM hunt

The Art of Violent Torture is a really good album.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 271, 272, 273, 274, 275