Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:56 am
Posts: 274
Location: India
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:53 am 
 

Tekdeth, wraithlike, thanks for the recs.

FRESH REQUEST:I'm looking for blast heavy brutal DM in the vein of Abnormal Inhumane - Consuming the Infinity.
_________________
Death metal is the highest form of music. It is a mathematical statement of truth about society and the world in which we live.

Top
 Profile  
Required Fields
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:32 pm
Posts: 570
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:09 pm 
 

sonic_enemy_333 wrote:
Tekdeth, wraithlike, thanks for the recs.

FRESH REQUEST:I'm looking for blast heavy brutal DM in the vein of Abnormal Inhumane - Consuming the Infinity.


You might like Deeds of Flesh, but they're one of the more well known bands in the brutal death metal fields.

I actually discuss that Abnormal Inhumane CD in a YouTube video I filmed in 2017.

_________________
Required Fields on YouTube

Top
 Profile  
sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:56 am
Posts: 274
Location: India
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:11 am 
 

Yes Deeds of Flesh I am already familiar with. Consuming the Infinity is a good album.
_________________
Death metal is the highest form of music. It is a mathematical statement of truth about society and the world in which we live.

Top
 Profile  
astralprison
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:00 am
Posts: 8
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:20 pm 
 

sonic_enemy_333 wrote:
Tekdeth, wraithlike, thanks for the recs.

FRESH REQUEST:I'm looking for blast heavy brutal DM in the vein of Abnormal Inhumane - Consuming the Infinity.


Look into the rest of the New Standard Elite roster (the label Abnormal Inhumane is on).
In my opinion the best brutal DM label currently.

Top
 Profile  
Crusher_of_Spirits
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:44 am
Posts: 17
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:57 am 
 

I'd like some bands that sound like Death's first albums
_________________
Quote:
makes me think of corpespaint-wearing, stick-wielding teenagers terrorizing some quiet suburb in Oslo

Top
 Profile  
Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:04 pm
Posts: 1512
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:16 am 
 

I'm looking for death metal bands from Mexico that have some slower songs! Not doom stuff, just slower songs mixed in with the faster ones.
_________________
Reviews from The Sepulchre! Latest: Satan's Hallow - S/T

Top
 Profile  
mike_87
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:08 am
Posts: 154
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:28 pm 
 

Someone name me some more good fast death metal from the Czech Republic? Fleshless came up on my radio earlier.

Top
 Profile  
colin040
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:00 pm
Posts: 5764
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:34 pm 
 

Crusher_of_Spirits wrote:
I'd like some bands that sound like Death's first albums



Try Gruesome and Morgoth.

Top
 Profile  
Ultrabored
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:22 pm
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:28 pm 
 

Hi, can you rec some really over the top brutal death metal? Stuff that's just batshit insanely brutal.

Top
 Profile  
Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:41 pm
Posts: 8119
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:53 am 
 

Ultrabored wrote:
Hi, can you rec some really over the top brutal death metal? Stuff that's just batshit insanely brutal.

You might know, but Devourment just put out a new album, Obscene Majesty, and they really outdid themselves with brutality this time.
_________________
"A glimpse of light is all that it takes to illuminate the darkness."

Top
 Profile  
Ultrabored
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:22 pm
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:41 pm 
 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Ultrabored wrote:
Hi, can you rec some really over the top brutal death metal? Stuff that's just batshit insanely brutal.

You might know, but Devourment just put out a new album, Obscene Majesty, and they really outdid themselves with brutality this time.

I don't like slam very much, the only things i enjoy from that genre is Abominable Putridity, Katalepsy and 7 H Target. I mean something like Revenge but in BDM format.

Top
 Profile  
Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:47 am
Posts: 784
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:33 pm 
 

Ultrabored wrote:
Ilwhyan wrote:
Ultrabored wrote:
Hi, can you rec some really over the top brutal death metal? Stuff that's just batshit insanely brutal.

You might know, but Devourment just put out a new album, Obscene Majesty, and they really outdid themselves with brutality this time.

I don't like slam very much, the only things i enjoy from that genre is Abominable Putridity, Katalepsy and 7 H Target. I mean something like Revenge but in BDM format.


Maybe try Brodequin, Orchidectomy, Excoriation, Embodied Torment, Coprobaptized Cunthunter, Artery Eruption/Devouring Humanity

Top
 Profile  
Crusher_of_Spirits
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:44 am
Posts: 17
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:37 am 
 

Quote:
Try Gruesome and Morgoth.


Thanks :)
_________________
Quote:
makes me think of corpespaint-wearing, stick-wielding teenagers terrorizing some quiet suburb in Oslo

Top
 Profile  
Required Fields
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:32 pm
Posts: 570
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:38 pm 
 

colin040 wrote:
Crusher_of_Spirits wrote:
I'd like some bands that sound like Death's first albums



Try Gruesome and Morgoth.


There's also Morfin. Great band; Consumed by Evil was one of the best death metal albums of the late 2010s.

Although it was released in 1991, there's also Massacre's album From Beyond. It even features performers who were members of Death in the late 1980s.
_________________
Required Fields on YouTube

Top
 Profile  
andersbang
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:28 am
Posts: 1021
Location: Denmark
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:45 am 
 

Ultrabored wrote:
Ilwhyan wrote:
Ultrabored wrote:
Hi, can you rec some really over the top brutal death metal? Stuff that's just batshit insanely brutal.

You might know, but Devourment just put out a new album, Obscene Majesty, and they really outdid themselves with brutality this time.

I don't like slam very much, the only things i enjoy from that genre is Abominable Putridity, Katalepsy and 7 H Target. I mean something like Revenge but in BDM format.


"Revenge, but brutal death metal" = Encenathrakh. Total uncompromising mindfuck.

Top
 Profile  
Tekdeth
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:32 pm
Posts: 56
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:41 pm 
 

Seeing as Encenathrakh has been mentioned, I might aswell mention Enmity. Opinions on them vary greatly, though they're kind of essential if you're into the extremely brutal stuff. The only thing that really bothers me with Enmity is the mixing/mastering/production in general. The vocals are way too high in the mix and I can't stand them at all. I'll also add that Enmity is probably the only band that has made me burst into laughter when I first listened to their music, though the YouTube comments on their full-length were probably the cause of that...

Edit: I just looked up Enmity again and found out there's a remixed/remastered re-issue of their debut EP on Bandcamp that sounds much better than the original. It's quite enjoyable actually...

Here it is:
https://amputatedveinrecords.bandcamp.c ... t-re-issue

Top
 Profile  
colin040
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:00 pm
Posts: 5764
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:54 pm 
 

I'm looking for something similar to Amorphis' The Karelian Isthmus, just with more bite and more riffs. That album isn't bad, but I wish it had some more riffs to fill up the space so to speak. I already know Gorement's The Ending Quest and Deathevokation's The Chalice of Ages, but those aren't exactly what I'm looking for either.

Top
 Profile  
ljjnico
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 7:38 am
Posts: 21
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:23 am 
 

colin040 wrote:
I'm looking for something similar to Amorphis' The Karelian Isthmus, just with more bite and more riffs. That album isn't bad, but I wish it had some more riffs to fill up the space so to speak. I already know Gorement's The Ending Quest and Deathevokation's The Chalice of Ages, but those aren't exactly what I'm looking for either.

Desolate Shrine, Convulse and Corpsessed.

Top
 Profile  
wraithlike
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:20 pm
Posts: 48
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:51 pm 
 

Anyone got up and coming and death metal bands that are pushing the extremes of this genre in interesting ways? For some examples, I think of Planisphaerium having done this for its time, or every Defeated Sanity release Psalms and onward.

What I'm looking for is uncompromisingly heavy shit that puts a really weird spin on it all. And while that's all subjective, a definitive request I can put in this is that it's a pretty new release.

Top
 Profile  
LVB
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:26 am
Posts: 155
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:33 pm 
 

For fans of The Chasm. This is not a question, but hopefully it helps someone. Check out Serpens Aeon. It features former The Chasm members and their lone album is very strong with catchy and varied melodic riff work that is more in line with The Chasm (but different enough) than the Gothenburg scene. I just listened today and found that it has only one review on MA so it seems to be a hidden gem.

Top
 Profile  
Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:41 pm
Posts: 8119
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:01 am 
 

Thanks for the heads-up, that sounds like something I need to check out.
_________________
"A glimpse of light is all that it takes to illuminate the darkness."

Top
 Profile  
andersbang
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:28 am
Posts: 1021
Location: Denmark
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:05 am 
 

wraithlike wrote:
Anyone got up and coming and death metal bands that are pushing the extremes of this genre in interesting ways? For some examples, I think of Planisphaerium having done this for its time, or every Defeated Sanity release Psalms and onward.

What I'm looking for is uncompromisingly heavy shit that puts a really weird spin on it all. And while that's all subjective, a definitive request I can put in this is that it's a pretty new release.


Artificial Brain? Not that obscure, but they're not big either. One of my absolute favorite newer bands.

Top
 Profile  
Gravetemplar
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:08 am
Posts: 730
Location: Antarctica
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:32 am 
 

wraithlike wrote:
Anyone got up and coming and death metal bands that are pushing the extremes of this genre in interesting ways? For some examples, I think of Planisphaerium having done this for its time, or every Defeated Sanity release Psalms and onward.

What I'm looking for is uncompromisingly heavy shit that puts a really weird spin on it all. And while that's all subjective, a definitive request I can put in this is that it's a pretty new release.

Chaos Echoes really push the boundaries of death metal. Such a shame they disbanded.

Top
 Profile  
wraithlike
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:20 pm
Posts: 48
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:41 pm 
 

Gravetemplar wrote:
wraithlike wrote:
Anyone got up and coming and death metal bands that are pushing the extremes of this genre in interesting ways? For some examples, I think of Planisphaerium having done this for its time, or every Defeated Sanity release Psalms and onward.

What I'm looking for is uncompromisingly heavy shit that puts a really weird spin on it all. And while that's all subjective, a definitive request I can put in this is that it's a pretty new release.

Chaos Echoes really push the boundaries of death metal. Such a shame they disbanded.


Just listened to Mouvement and really enjoyed it, appreciate the recommendation. I forgot to mention I also love Portal and they represent this request better than any other band, and this reminds me quite a bit of Portal but still does its own thing.

Top
 Profile  
Gravetemplar
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:08 am
Posts: 730
Location: Antarctica
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:50 pm 
 

wraithlike wrote:
Gravetemplar wrote:
wraithlike wrote:
Anyone got up and coming and death metal bands that are pushing the extremes of this genre in interesting ways? For some examples, I think of Planisphaerium having done this for its time, or every Defeated Sanity release Psalms and onward.

What I'm looking for is uncompromisingly heavy shit that puts a really weird spin on it all. And while that's all subjective, a definitive request I can put in this is that it's a pretty new release.

Chaos Echoes really push the boundaries of death metal. Such a shame they disbanded.


Just listened to Mouvement and really enjoyed it, appreciate the recommendation. I forgot to mention I also love Portal and they represent this request better than any other band, and this reminds me quite a bit of Portal but still does its own thing.

Mouvement is great but I like Transient better. It's a lot more asbtract though.

Top
 Profile  
BlackheartSauron
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:15 pm
Posts: 174
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:10 am 
 

wraithlike wrote:
Anyone got up and coming and death metal bands that are pushing the extremes of this genre in interesting ways? For some examples, I think of Planisphaerium having done this for its time, or every Defeated Sanity release Psalms and onward.

What I'm looking for is uncompromisingly heavy shit that puts a really weird spin on it all. And while that's all subjective, a definitive request I can put in this is that it's a pretty new release.


Hmm. How about Revulsed or Redepmtor?

Top
 Profile  
jugchord07
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:58 pm
Posts: 802
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:07 am 
 

Looking for some death metal with the bass very prominent in the mix. Particularly looking for tech stuff along the lines of Equipoise and brutal death. Example Internal Bleeding's debut
_________________
their are way better bands than metallica and slayer
Lich_King wrote:
Their are better bands? Where's they're stuff? I need to see if there any good!

Review requests http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... hp?t=74246

My blog http://foulfeast.blogspot.com

Top
 Profile  
Tekdeth
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:32 pm
Posts: 56
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:43 pm 
 

jugchord07 wrote:
Looking for some death metal with the bass very prominent in the mix. Particularly looking for tech stuff along the lines of Equipoise and brutal death. Example Internal Bleeding's debut


Well, if you like the bass to be very prominent then I might have something interesting for you...: https://neoandertals.bandcamp.com/album ... r-butchers

For a band that might satisfy your request better I can only think of Repudilation right now. They were a less known staple of slam/death back in the day, though you might know them already.

Top
 Profile  
jugchord07
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:58 pm
Posts: 802
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:24 pm 
 

Man that Neoandertals is something else! I think I'm digging it though. Bass for days! I recall seeing that Repudilation demo cover years ago but unsure if I jammed it. Decimation is a banger! If anybody else has something for me chime in. Cheers to you
_________________
their are way better bands than metallica and slayer
Lich_King wrote:
Their are better bands? Where's they're stuff? I need to see if there any good!

Review requests http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... hp?t=74246

My blog http://foulfeast.blogspot.com

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 272, 273, 274, 275, 276


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group