Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Morphine1873
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:16 am 

BleedingMoon wrote:
Can anyone recommend something in the vein of OM? More meditative, introspective and quieter stoner type atmospheric stuff?

ZAUM first two albums. They've been reproached to reproduce the sound of OM without any original view. I read a few comments in that sense, but I disagree strongly.
The third abum is a let-down though.

https://zaum.bandcamp.com/album/oracles

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:13 pm 

in those hard times of endless struggle, one's faith is tested, and a prophet will soon come forth to give warning... Phil Swanson has a new album out tomorrow: https://thecultofvestalclaret.bandcamp. ... tal-claret

edit: technically, only 2-3 tracks would qualify as "doom", but thats still Phil Swanson doing an album... :)

Morphine1873
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:26 am 

Excellent one-man death doom band here, a newcomer that's only released two pay-what-you-want eps and is already making a big impression:

https://triglathena.bandcamp.com/album/the-vile-silence

Oheao
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:19 pm 

I love Acid Bath's two albums, Down's NOLA, Crowbar's self-titled and Odd Fellows Rest and Eyehategod's Take As Needed For Pain. Acid Bath in particular being my favourites. However, other than those major bands I haven't delved much, so I'd like some recommendations!

Morphine1873
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:23 am 

Oheao wrote:
I love Acid Bath's two albums, Down's NOLA, Crowbar's self-titled and Odd Fellows Rest and Eyehategod's Take As Needed For Pain. Acid Bath in particular being my favourites. However, other than those major bands I haven't delved much, so I'd like some recommendations!

Check out Grief/ Come to Grief, the doomiest of the early Sludge bands. Mandatory imo.

More recent are both Starkweather/ Croatoan and Fange/ Pourissoir, this latter being very punk-ish, similar to EHG.

pronouncedshawn
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:03 am 

Oheao wrote:

I definitely second Grief. I'd also recommend Dystopia for equally miserable sludge.
If you haven't listened to 'em yet, check Melvins and Iron Monkey for more sludge/grunge/noise rock akin to Acid Bath (just with a bit more humor). Harvey Milk and Indian are also essential listening if you need that heavy-heavy shit (I'm talking borderline drone in there).

pbarb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:25 am 

Can anyone recommend me more atmospheric funeral doom similar to shapes of despair? Preferably with growls and clean vocals. Anything that mixes heavy dismal doom with majestic beauty

Doomsday
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:01 am 

pbarb wrote:
Can anyone recommend me more atmospheric funeral doom similar to shapes of despair? Preferably with growls and clean vocals. Anything that mixes heavy dismal doom with majestic beauty

Try Colosseum, Remembrance, Lethian Dreams, Aeonian Sorrow.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127