TomaszZamek
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:52 pm 

Maybe someone know lite band for Northgard game

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:30 am 

Kerrick wrote:
You are very welcome! I hope you enjoy. Here's a song off of their latest full-length which gives a pretty good indicator of their sound:

Keep an eye out for their upcoming album which is supposedly going to be a fair bit darker and more intense.

Long time ago but just thought it was funny that s christian band got recommended in pagan rec thread.

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:32 pm 

Hello folkies, what's the closest thing to the folkier side of classic 92/93-era Skyclad? Songs like "Spinning Jenny", "Emerald", "Thinking Allowed", "Cry Of The Land" and "Earth Mother, The Sun And The Furious Host". Powerful and well-played tunes with strong folky melodies (violin a bonus). Not too fussed about the vocals, as they were my least favourite aspect of Skyclad. I haven't followed folk-metal for years, so there may be something out there. I remember quite liking Otyg, apart from the one-dimensional drumming. Any suggestions?

YesIam
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:55 pm 

balbulus wrote:
Hello folkies, what's the closest thing to the folkier side of classic 92/93-era Skyclad? Songs like "Spinning Jenny", "Emerald", "Thinking Allowed", "Cry Of The Land" and "Earth Mother, The Sun And The Furious Host". Powerful and well-played tunes with strong folky melodies (violin a bonus). Not too fussed about the vocals, as they were my least favourite aspect of Skyclad. I haven't followed folk-metal for years, so there may be something out there. I remember quite liking Otyg, apart from the one-dimensional drumming. Any suggestions?

This is mostly likely not quite what you're looking for, but I highly recommend Grendel's Sÿster. They lean way more towards epic/traditional heavy metal and classic 70's folk rock, rather than the thrash of Skyclad, but they're easily among the best new folk metal bands around if you ask me. They just sound so incredibly classy and unique.

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:52 pm 

^ Thank you for the suggestion. You're right, they're not really what I'm looking for, but interesting nonetheless. They do actually remind me a little of Otyg, but I only really mentioned them as an aside. There's something about that Skyclad material that I've not heard elsewhere, I can't quite put my finger on it.

Thanks again though, I appreciate the effort.

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:34 pm 

Isengard fans:

https://hexencave.bandcamp.com/album/taje-skal

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42