Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:42 pm 

How many of you are a fan of Mind Odyssey? The debut isn't too interesting, but shit, their third album rules. Riff-y sci-fi prog that's pretty captivating stuff.

2Eagle333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:28 pm 

IIRC there were some Greyhaven fans here, so here's a song by a band of ex-Greyhaven members including the great vocalist Brian Francis:

This band recorded a couple of albums, that were uploaded to the internet by Brian Francis a while ago, but it seems to be difficult to access these songs at the moment. They play an interesting combination of Greyhaven's sound with APSoG/Disconnected-era Fates Warning, so it's worth listening to if you're into either of those bands.

If anyone wants the albums, I do have the files on hand from when Brian Francis uploaded them, so feel free to send me a PM and I can send you a copy.

The other great band formed after Greyhaven dissolved, Echo Us, is much more well-known, but you should give it a listen if you haven't. Most of its catalogue is a combination of ambient sequences with samples and occasional vocals by Matthew, sort of like a more upbeat and spiritualistic version of OSI.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23