Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
deathbyschuldiner
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:30 am 

I like Metallum... I have exponentially expanded my palate in this genre of music I became accustom to nearly 10 years ago. Metallum has a unique function of curating everything Metal (I honestly dont know of any other site that functions like Metallum in relation to other musical genres).

One of the more integral aspects of the site is it's user album ratings. A great but not perfect way of helping me come to a decision on whether to invest interest in a band or their efforts. The ratings on the right side of the page are essentially a "staffs reccomended" compendium. Allowing me to come to a quicker conclusion of what I should pursue in ones catalogue.

Wouldn't having a top/down ranking of albums based on their ratings (min 10 or 15 reviews) be a broader way of utilising such site functions. I for one have thought many times, what a sort of list would look like. If I were to come across an album that has 23 reviews and a perfect 100 rating, I'd be more incline to look into their work. Also apart of me just wants to know what band has the highest avg (and lowest) score. Again this would be limited to number of reviews (although Im not sure how many reviews min. A band would need to have to be subject to some sort of list.)

Have there been any ideas of that nature explored here? Or just too much of hassle to deal with? I think it would great for spontaneous research and investment into the archives along with finding new music to listen to without having to ask.

ShreddedHuman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:47 am 

There is this separate site based on MA reviews where you can sort the best releases by year style and country, and the best bands by division, style and country. Hopefully it will be helpful to you:

http://www.furia.com/em/releases-year.html

Reply to topic