cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:40 am 

Yeah I was thinking of something a little less friendly-sounding. :D

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:17 am 

Turmion Kätilöt :P

There isn't too much metal that's purely industrial. I think Zaraza will do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUQnBIU2qf8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hei_55BBf4

Very crushing stuff. They did a Laibach tribute too, Montrealska akropola.

There's also Scorn, who are much more guitar-heavy (not quite metal enough to make it on here though). However that's only judging by the first album Vae solis as I have not heard the others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JQlUfDfmEs

Also anyone listened to the new Die Krupps album?

Last edited by Sepulchrave on Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
televiper11
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:30 pm 

droneriot wrote:
Yeah I was thinking of something a little less friendly-sounding. :D

Well, there's always Skin Chamber or Depressor or a host of other bands already mentioned. Any of them might scratch the itch.

Paganitzu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:05 pm 

droneriot wrote:
Looking for industrial metal that leans heavily towards the noisy and minimalistic old school industrial side like parts of early Godflesh and Dead World. The colder and more traditionally industrial the better.

You might enjoy Sektor 304. They're not industrial metal (I'd call straight old-school industrial), but there is Godflesh influence in their sound (the vocals in particular are almost identical), and they evoke the same doomscapes that Streetcleaner does for me. Skip to around 11:00 in this video for the most overtly influenced track, or just try the whole thing out. The songs are pretty noisy, but they're also quite varied.

For actual metal fitting that recommendation, I don't really have anything to mention unfortunately. I'll throw out a couple things I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere in this thread yet as general recommendations for anyone interested, though:

My favourite track from this album ("Hear Me") isn't on Youtube, but you should be able to stream the whole thing on your service of choice (I found it on Rdio, so it should be on others).

Some lo-fi Godflesh-sounding stuff. Not one of my favourites personally, but some other people may be interested.

And the last album I wanted to mention doesn't appear to be on Youtube at all. It's Pain Emission - The War Within (should also be available to stream though). Really odd stuff. Bounces between industrial rock/metal and more electronic tracks, with lots of strange samples especially in the latter half. Hard to describe, but worth a listen.

suleiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:47 pm 

Any recs for 90's industrial rock/metal or coldwave bands i might have missed....that era really had some special bands and sounds, and i want to know what undiscovered gems remain.

im already familiar and fan of ministry, nin, fear factory, red harvest, godflesh as well as stuff like spahn ranch, sheep on drugs, birmingham 6, in strict confidence, front 242, frontline assembly, swamp terrorists, acumen nation, dogpile, skinny puppy, 16 volt, chemlab etc.

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:10 pm 

suleiman wrote:
Any recs for 90's industrial rock/metal or coldwave bands i might have missed....that era really had some special bands and sounds, and i want to know what undiscovered gems remain.

im already familiar and fan of ministry, nin, fear factory, red harvest, godflesh as well as stuff like spahn ranch, sheep on drugs, birmingham 6, in strict confidence, front 242, frontline assembly, swamp terrorists, acumen nation, dogpile, skinny puppy, 16 volt, chemlab etc.

Godhead and Marilyn Manson.

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:38 pm 

@suleiman Die Krupps had interesting stuff going on between I and Paradise Now. My personal favourites are II - The Final Option and Paradise Now since they blend the old-school EBM/industrial and fast-ish metal styles together perfectly balanced and well. Their other relases have slightly less interesting riffs for me but are still worth listening to IMO. They can get downright heavy for the pretty accessible industrial metal they play at times too, esp. in songs like Moving Beyond. They also use metal rods, cylinders and sheets for percussion which is a huge bonus for me and adds a lot to their industrial atmosphere.

suleiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:21 am 

Thanks. I'm already familiar with the discography of all three (MM, godhead and Die Krupps).
more please !

Paganitzu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:46 pm 

suleiman wrote:
Thanks. I'm already familiar with the discography of all three (MM, godhead and Die Krupps).
more please !

Some random stuff: Hate Dept., Kill Switch...Klick, and Cubanate for more rock-oriented bands, Slab! for Swans/Godflesh sound, and Meat Machine for a mix of Ministry-style industrial metal and more electronic-based tracks.

Cthulhu_Fhtagn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:30 pm 

suleiman wrote:

Frank Klepacki, Numb, Side 3, Pygmy Children, A Split Second, Division Alpha, and although not 90's, Baal. (here's the video for Side 3 since they are really obscure. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8EtHVAURy4 )

Crick wrote:
The first one is silly because it's got such dainty eyelashes, yet the guy is terrified. NOT THE MASCARA, CTHULHU! ANYTHING BUT THE MASCARA!

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:40 am 

suleiman wrote:

Check out the 1992 album "Resilience" from UK act Playground, it's got a bit of a Ministry feel about it. This was the more industrial 2nd version of the band, after 3 of the founding members left to form Splintered.

https://youtu.be/J2WGVMTJsXw
https://youtu.be/7NyDc3HT63U

suleiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:38 am 

Thank you all for some amazing recommendations. I dont know how I missed stuff like Playground.

Makino
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:32 pm 

Hi all, I'm looking for EBM/Industrial/etc. that is absolutely as close to Ice Ages as possible. I'm looking for something slow, desolate, cold, and sincere, but I'm not looking for anything danceable, upbeat, or violent like many artists in the genre seem to make. I'm virtually clueless in the genre, so please recommend anything that you think might click. I've listened to several of the more popular artists, and they seem quite different from Ice Ages. Thanks, everyone.

televiper11
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:18 pm 

Sin, a crusty industrial project featuring members of Nausea. Similar to Spine Wrench, whom they shared a split with:

externe
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:24 am 

Makino wrote:
Hi all, I'm looking for EBM/Industrial/etc. that is absolutely as close to Ice Ages as possible. I'm looking for something slow, desolate, cold, and sincere, but I'm not looking for anything danceable, upbeat, or violent like many artists in the genre seem to make. I'm virtually clueless in the genre, so please recommend anything that you think might click. I've listened to several of the more popular artists, and they seem quite different from Ice Ages. Thanks, everyone.

check the very early front line assembly stuff, i'm sure ice ages (if you mean 'this killing empitness' album) took some inspiration from it and surely you'd like the icey old-gritty sound

and for more recent stuff check dark electro derivative stuff like this and etc

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:22 pm 

Didn't know this thread existed. Anyway, found these two badass band recently:

Kunstzone - Eschaton | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHQ9wzw8zSM

Tyrant Of Death - Ion Legacy | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdXusx33vZk

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:58 pm 

Tyrant of Death is fucking good.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:26 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
Tyrant of Death is fucking good.

Let me guess, they are good for intense workouts (?) :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, I feel like this band was the one of the best this style has to offer:
Sybreed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiU6YJpesdE

AshesInYourMind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:06 am 

I am pretty new to this genre, but I fucking love Ministry (especially their later day work) and Strapping Young Lad and I need more bands with the same style as those two. Give me all you've got, anything is very appreciated.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:22 pm 

Industrial rock/metal w/ some NDH:

White Zombie
Fear Factory
Nailbomb
Hanzel Und Greytl
Rammstein
KMFDM
Raubtier
Stvore
Megaherz

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:03 pm 

There's a band that is somehow not very well known (but not super underground), even though with how catchy, accessible and polished their sound is they should sell millions of records, and that's Red Harvest from Norway. For liking more recent Ministry and Strapping Young Lad this should be the perfect band for you. Mind you I'm only familiar with their Sic Transit Gloria Mundi album.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

AshesInYourMind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:36 am 

droneriot wrote:
There's a band that is somehow not very well known (but not super underground), even though with how catchy, accessible and polished their sound is they should sell millions of records, and that's Red Harvest from Norway. For liking more recent Ministry and Strapping Young Lad this should be the perfect band for you. Mind you I'm only familiar with their Sic Transit Gloria Mundi album.
Thanks very much, I will check this band out tomorrow.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:02 am 

The Iron Son | Enemy (2015) | Industrial Metalcore

Spoiler: show

Found these guys while checking out the Anaal Nathrakh band page & holy shit this stuff slays. Comes with AN's massive guitar tone & industrial production along with similar songwriting. Heaviest metalcore I've come across, the vocals are angry as fuck, there are some legit black metal riffs & blastbeats here plus all that industrial shit & whatnot. Only downside I can see here are the some of the cleans but the are very sparse, definitely not a deal breaker.

Check it out here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj_eDEF ... l=IAmGroot

Don't bother searching 'em here, they are not on the archives (are you fucking kidding me?) :nono:

The Red Snifit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:46 pm 

AshesInYourMind wrote:
I am pretty new to this genre, but I fucking love Ministry (especially their later day work) and Strapping Young Lad and I need more bands with the same style as those two. Give me all you've got, anything is very appreciated.

The obvious ones have already been posted (and I strongly recommend listening to them), but have you checked out any of Jourgenon's other projects? Look up The Last Temptation of Reid by LARD, it's one of the best things Jourgenson has done.

- - -

Looking back at some of the ones listed above, I can give you some further insight on a couple:

Since this is a metal forum, the KMFDM albums you'll like best are Angst and Nihil. I highly recommend their other work, but they tend to skew more towards dance music, so YMMV.

White Zombie's best album is Astro-Creep 5000. You won't miss much by ignoring the rest of their work.

Hanzel und Gretyl's best albums are Uber Alles, Scheissmessiah, and Born To Be Heiled (obligatory disclaimer that no, they aren't neo-nazis). Everything that came after is pretty hit-and-miss, and their '90s stuff falls closer to trance music than anything.

The NDH bands (like Eisbrecher, Megaherz, Stahlmann and Unheilig) are all very much inside the Rammstein wheelhouse. If you like Rammstein, you'll like them. If you don't, well, you won't like them.

televiper11
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:09 am 

Lobotomy Dept. serve a heaping dose of nasty industrial metal:

https://selfmadegod.bandcamp.com/album/new-world-coma

Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:43 pm 

into_the_pit wrote:
do you know about malhavoc? they should be right up your alley.

Malhavoc is awesome.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4