Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
AngeldeathGreg
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:37 pm 

Gravetemplar wrote:
AngeldeathGreg wrote:
Hey friends,
So, my girlfriend is a HUGE Burzum and NONE fan, and I'm trying to find some more stuff like that for her to listen to. She loves the hypnotic, doomy mid-tempo stuff with the trashy buzzsaw Burzum production.

Gris.

Holy fucking shit, THIS IS THE SOUND. Wow!!!

Do you guys know of any other albums that are like this? THIS is what we're after! Thank you!!!!
Death metal --> for fans of Deicide, Morbid Angel, Vader, Luciferion, Centurian, Throneaeon, Hate Eternal, Slayer, old Belphegor, Immortal, Angelcorpse, Diabolic, Krisiun, Defaced Creation, Rebaelliun, Azarath, Insision, Monstrosity, Vital Remains

http://www.myspace.com/angeldeath518

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:58 am 

AngeldeathGreg wrote:
Gravetemplar wrote:
AngeldeathGreg wrote:
Hey friends,
So, my girlfriend is a HUGE Burzum and NONE fan, and I'm trying to find some more stuff like that for her to listen to. She loves the hypnotic, doomy mid-tempo stuff with the trashy buzzsaw Burzum production.

Gris.

Do you guys know of any other albums that are like this? THIS is what we're after! Thank you!!!!

Sombres Forêts.

coupdebleus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:25 pm 

AngeldeathGreg wrote:

Perhaps try older Nachtreich
Spoiler: show

camjr01
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:47 am 

Does anyone know any black metal similar to the Emanation album The Emanation Of Begotten Chaos From God? So far I haven't heard anything that sounds like it.

https://emanation.bandcamp.com/album/th ... s-from-god

"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice."- Proverbs 12:15

Long Live the West

Do not do it because it feels right, but because it is right.

Karlabos
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:14 pm 

camjr01 wrote:
Does anyone know any black metal similar to the Emanation album The Emanation Of Begotten Chaos From God? So far I haven't heard anything that sounds like it.

So... I often click on the request links here to see if people are talking about something actually unusual or just asking for Infernal War for the 1000th time again, and... holy shit. You're right. I don't think I ever listened to drone black so well done like this. It's a genre that in theory should work really but it turns out is really hard to find gems among all the releases.

While listening to it, some other drone black names came to mind: Yoga, it has the same overlayered ambiance imo. Qulielfi, also very hazy, blurry sound thought not as entrancing and a bit more riff-oriented. And Murmuure, probably the least similar of the three, but still similar in idea.

Well, perhaps those recs aren't as similar as you want, I don't think you're going to find another band that manages to repeat the riffs for so long while still making it interesting like that but anyway thanks for showing me this :3

coupdebleus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:56 am 

camjr01 wrote:

The album Alone With God from his main project LDRTFS might fit the bill.

Other than that I don't think you'll find much, but fwiw:
Murmuure is a good rec, seconding that one.
Some tracksfrom Menace Ruine.
If you're more into the noise parts, give Wold a try. A bit hit and miss, but there are some good tracks on Screech Owl. Nowhere as heavy as Emanation, though.
Perhaps Urfaust?

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:17 pm 

I'm looking for obscure black metal albums that have the following properties:

1. Similar to Mütiilation's Vampires of Black Imperial Blood
2. Raw and atmospheric
3. About vampires (although this isn't an absolute requirement)
4. Has no ties to NS bands. This excludes, for instance, Drowning the Light and Black Funeral (both are "grey-listed" for me)

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

AngeldeathGreg
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:43 pm 

Gravetemplar wrote:
Sombres Forêts.

Oh yeah! This is it too!

Please, everyone keep these Burzum worship links coming :D :D :D
Death metal --> for fans of Deicide, Morbid Angel, Vader, Luciferion, Centurian, Throneaeon, Hate Eternal, Slayer, old Belphegor, Immortal, Angelcorpse, Diabolic, Krisiun, Defaced Creation, Rebaelliun, Azarath, Insision, Monstrosity, Vital Remains

http://www.myspace.com/angeldeath518

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:03 pm 

Goatfangs wrote:
I'm looking for obscure black metal albums that have the following properties:

1. Similar to Mütiilation's Vampires of Black Imperial Blood
2. Raw and atmospheric
3. About vampires (although this isn't an absolute requirement)
4. Has no ties to NS bands. This excludes, for instance, Drowning the Light and Black Funeral (both are "grey-listed" for me)

Maybe Nidernes?

~Guest 923966
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:30 am 

Dunno if I should ask this here or in the Speed Metal section but...

Any bands like Devil Master and Bewitcher? Speed/Punk infused Black Metal.

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:09 am 

what about hellripper?
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:16 am 

Frostheimr wrote:

More speed that punk, but i feel that the Bütcher's last album has some faster songs that you could like!

~Guest 923966
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:25 am 

into_the_pit wrote:
what about hellripper?

Morn Of Solace wrote:
Frostheimr wrote:

More speed that punk, but i feel that the Bütcher's last album has some faster songs that you could like!

Thank you both!

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:07 am 

Sorry, it seems i was struck by sudden grammatical retardness: if it's not clear i meant Bütcher's last album "666 goats carry my chariot" :lol:

~Guest 923966
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:46 am 

I listened through both, and liked all of it. :D

Karnarium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:00 pm 

I'm looking for Hellenic Black Metal bands that are not included in the list below:

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/karnariu ... 100-bands/

Dr_Fiemost
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:03 am 

Astarte and Insanity Cult

Karnarium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:47 pm 

Dr_Fiemost wrote:

I have this list for Black Metal from Greece
https://rateyourmusic.com/list/karnariu ... 100-bands/

Both bands you mentioned are in there, Astarte play more early Norwegian style and Insanity Cult sort Finland style. I look for bands from all over the world playing Hellenic Black Metal. More bands like Moenen of Xezbeth (Belgium), Ceremonial Torture (Finland), Xantotol (Poland), Tartarus Gate (USA), Ekthros (USA) and Alioth (USA). Or dark proto-Black bands like Abhor and Necromass from Italy. Mediterranean Black Metal (Use of staccato melodies, mid-paced tempos, prominent traditional heavy metal roots, warm atmosphere, middle-eastern flair style).

MetlaNZ
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:36 am 

I'm a fan of Darkthrone, Dissection, Rotting Christ and Mayhem and I dabbled heavily with Emperor, Immortal, Satyricon, Enslaved and Burzum back in the day, all of which I'm keen to revisit. I don't like Cradle or Dimmu. I'm a recent convert to Absu and I have just checked out old Ulver and liked what I heard. So that got me thinking what other '90's Black Metal classics should I be checking out?

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:33 am 

On top of my head: Kampfar's first album, Kvist's only album and Ragnarok's Arising Realm seems in line with your taste!

~Guest 1149616
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:40 am 

Don't know how versed you are in black metal so here's some well known and some less well known ones to get you started: Fimbulwinter, Gorgoroth, Abigor, Hades, Helheim, Dodheimsgard, Gehenna, Isvind, Tulus, Sort Vokter, Troll, Urgehal, Mactatus, Abysmal. All these bands fit into the set of bands you mentioned and have relevant albums from the 90s.

MetlaNZ
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:13 pm 

Morn Of Solace wrote:
On top of my head: Kampfar's first album, Kvist's only album and Ragnarok's Arising Realm seems in line with your taste!

Cheers MOS, these 3 recs are just the sort of stuff I'm looking for.

MetlaNZ
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:55 am 

Chaos Servant wrote:
Don't know how versed you are in black metal so here's some well known and some less well known ones to get you started: Fimbulwinter, Gorgoroth, Abigor, Hades, Helheim, Dodheimsgard, Gehenna, Isvind, Tulus, Sort Vokter, Troll, Urgehal, Mactatus, Abysmal. All these bands fit into the set of bands you mentioned and have relevant albums from the 90s.

Thanks Chaos. I'm aware of a few of those bands and will have to revisit them and check out the others. I first got into Darkthrone in '92 and then the other artists I mentioned above but I've never done a deep dive into the scene.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:07 pm 

it can be useful to look through black metal lists on rym and see if they mention any greek bm bands either in the list or as influence like here:
https://rateyourmusic.com/list/diegodas ... l-rites/1/

~Guest 1129985
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:40 am 

Since you mentioned Dissection, Vinterland "Welcome My Last Chapter", Unanimated "Ancient God of Evil" and Dawn "Slaughtersun" are worth checking out.

I didn't see Aeternus mentioned - their debut EP and 2 full-lengths are quite good.

Not sure if they'd be your thing or not, but Bloodthorn "In the Shadow of Your Black Wings", Crest of Darkness "The Ogress" and Malignant Eternal "Far Beneath the Sun" I'm quite fond of. If using spotify, be warned that the wrong album is uploaded for that Crest of Darkness (last time I checked, which was recent).

For Sweden, Setherial's Nord..." is pretty good. I like Allegiance's 3 CDs too. Sorhin ain't bad either.

I've been re-investigating a lot of stuff I listened to back in the 90s myself. Stuff like Gehenna's "Malice" I haven't heard in like 20 years. Miss that album, glad I got a hard-copy lined up recently.

MetlaNZ
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:25 am 

Death Mantra wrote:
Since you mentioned Dissection, Vinterland "Welcome My Last Chapter", Unanimated "Ancient God of Evil" and Dawn "Slaughtersun" are worth checking out.

Yeah Vinterland and Dawn are wicked and Unanimated are good too. Thanks for the other recs, I'll check em out.

Karnarium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:37 am 

tomcat_ha wrote:
it can be useful to look through black metal lists on rym and see if they mention any greek bm bands either in the list or as influence like here:
https://rateyourmusic.com/list/diegodas ... l-rites/1/

Thanks

The_Doo_Over
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:25 pm 

I have been listening to Burzum for a few years now. Not only that, but I have listened to a few Christian black metal bands including Antestor and Shadows of Paragon. Recently, I’ve started listening to Bathory (if they can even be counted as black metal), and they’re amazing in my book. I’m wondering what other black metal bands anyone would recommend to me since I want to dive deeper into the genre and spice up my listening experience. So what other black metal bands (from any timeline and country) would anyone recommend I start listening to?

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:01 am 

The_Doo_Over wrote:
I have been listening to Burzum for a few years now. Not only that, but I have listened to a few Christian black metal bands including Antestor and Shadows of Paragon. Recently, I’ve started listening to Bathory (if they can even be counted as black metal), and they’re amazing in my book. I’m wondering what other black metal bands anyone would recommend to me since I want to dive deeper into the genre and spice up my listening experience. So what other black metal bands (from any timeline and country) would anyone recommend I start listening to?

If you are a total beginner i'll suggest to start by diving further down in the early Norwegian 90's scene: alongside Burzum cover the basics like Mayhem's first two, Darktrhone's trilogy (A blaze, Under, Transylvanian), Emperor's first two albums, Enslaved's Frost, Satyricon's Nemesis Divina, Ulver's Bergtatt and Nattens Madrigal, Immortal's Pure Holocaust and Battles in the North... then expand with other bands from the world (Rotting Christ's Thy Mighty Contract, Samael's Worship Him, Dissection's first two albums, Marduk's mid era albums like Heaven Shall Burn, Sarcofago's Inri, Beherit's Drawing Down The Moon, Impaled Nazarene's Suomi Finland Perkele...)

The next steps could be other usually well regarded albums like Gorgoroth and Taake's first three, the first Kampfar album, Windir's 1184, Peste Noire's first, Sacramentum's first, Vinterland's only album, Drudkh's first and blood in our wells, Carpathian Forest's first, Arcturus's first, Forgotten Woods's first two..

then it really depends what you like and when you want to expand... Symphonic? Dimmu Borgir's Enthrone Darkness Triumphant and Cradle of Filth's Cruelty and the beast (pick the remastered version) Full on atmospheric? albums like Summoning's Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame and Oath Bound. Industrial? Mysticum and Aborym's first, Diabolicum's second album... technical and hyper dissonant? Deathspell Omega's albums starting from Si Monumentum... Raw as hell? Ildjarn and Sorte Vokter..
the list is endless and endlessly debatable. Personally after the classics i started checking out one by one the regional scenes (like the greek, canadian, french, italian, icelandic ones)

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:37 pm 

Also Paysage D'Hiver.

kazhard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:18 pm 

The_Doo_Over wrote:

You might want to check out Blut Aus Nord at some point too. You really can't go wrong with the French black metal scene.

Does anyone know some bands in the likes of Blood of Kingu? I'm talking about bands that incorporate middle-eastern, egyptian, indian or similar influences in their music?

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:11 am 

kazhard wrote:
Does anyone know some bands in the likes of Blood of Kingu? I'm talking about bands that incorporate middle-eastern, egyptian, indian or similar influences in their music?

you're probably thinking of their AMAZING debut album, right?

well tbh I don't think anything comes really close to that one, but the obvious recs here are akhenaten from the US and that نار جهنم band from bahrain. and then there's always melechesh, but they should be fairly well-known by now, I guess.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:18 am 

Musically, I find Ninkharsag to be pretty similar to Blood of Kingu. As for middle-eastern, egyptian, indian or similar influences, I can't really comment on that. It seems to me that, for Blood of Kingu, that kind of influence mostly appeals to the subject matters, and maybe the vocals of the debut album.

kazhard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:35 pm 

into_the_pit wrote:
you're probably thinking of their AMAZING debut album, right?

Yes indeed, I was mostly referring to the vocals, the intro track and the short instrumentals as well.

Thank you both, those bands will do the trick.

Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:50 am 

Looking for more raw, lofi black metal. This year I've been listening to lots of Moonblood, Mutiilation, Judas Iscariot, Vlad Tepes, Belketre, Striborg, Xasthur, Grausamkeit, Ildjarn, Leviathan, Antaeus, Bone Awl, Katharsis, Von, Lamp of Murmuur etc

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:35 am 

Twin_guitar_attack wrote:
Looking for more raw, lofi black metal. This year I've been listening to lots of Moonblood, Mutiilation, Judas Iscariot, Vlad Tepes, Belketre, Striborg, Xasthur, Grausamkeit, Ildjarn, Leviathan, Antaeus, Bone Awl, Katharsis, Von, Lamp of Murmuur etc

On top of my head you may interested in Sorte Vokter, Lugubrum's early albums like Gedachte & Geheugen, Maniac Butcher's Barbarians... maybe also Niden div 187's Impergium (fantastic record!) and Darvulia's first album

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:42 pm 

Twin_guitar_attack wrote:

check out all the wulkanaz/wagner ödegard and related stuff, warloghe (especially the womb of pestilence), early beastcraft, both christicide (FRA) albums, akitsa (especially credo, what a monster of an album!), nehemah, ulvegr's vargkult (and maybe some more), first ungod, and some blodulv. I love their style of simple, lo-fi, mid-tempo BM! in my opinion, I, II as well as some split material are their best. I'll also second sort vokter, it's a must. if you're into the ildjarn side of BM, check out ödelegger's full-lengths, they're the best in this style beside ildjarn.

if you're ready to delve into the more far-out les legions noires stuff, I'd recommend you seviss, black murder, belathauzer and, most of all, susvourtre and vagezaryavtre. these two in particular are only for refined/advanced listeners only though. ;)
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 12:09 pm 

So, I am looking for some albums that are similar to Mithotyn - Gathered Around the Oaken Table. I already know pretty much all of the bands in the "similar artists" tab on their page so none of those please. If there are any newer or lesser-known bands that fit that description please send them my way.

Wyrmbane
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:30 pm 

Algaion - greek band based in Sweden.

Evtifron
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 11:32 am 

I've been listening for several years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH_fEb72HKI

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223 ... 231  Next