Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
The_Erlking
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:56 am
Posts: 1404
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:03 am 
 

The_Erlking wrote:
Looking for some good and riffy eastern block black metal. Something that is closer to Grand Belial's key or Mortuary Drape than Drukh or Burzum. So no overly dissonant, atmospheric stuff but something meaty and pounding. I already know some of the biggest names you are probably thinking right now like ROOT, Master's Hammer, Maniac Butcher, Törr and Tormentor. Christ Agony comes to my mind too although I'm not yet sure how much I like them.


I just found out HOLY DEATH from Poland by myself. This is exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for!
_________________
Napero wrote:
I'd love to blast a bit of Voivod and make a better-looking gun turret to glue on the tortoise's shell to make it look like Killing Technology, but the wife won't let me. I think I'll get an Emperor penguin instead.

Top
 Profile  
~Guest 227866
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 1:05 am
Posts: 154
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:40 am 
 

I've been looking for black metal with clean vocals for a long time now. Stuff I really like are Isengard and Urfaust, also this Gorgoroth song in particular:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nf_zOPMQYQ

Anything else in the same vein of these?

Top
 Profile  
Gastjale
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:31 am
Posts: 111
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:10 am 
 

Zeating wrote:
I've been looking for black metal with clean vocals for a long time now. Stuff I really like are Isengard and Urfaust, also this Gorgoroth song in particular:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nf_zOPMQYQ

Anything else in the same vein of these?

Something from the top of my head:

Same to you, if you like Isengard, check out Storm. Fenriz is the man again, and this project is even more folkier than Isengard. Also, this might be unneccessary, but have you listened to Ulver or Borknagar? Garm is "The Black Metal Singer" for me, he can do no wrong.

Dråpsnatt utilizes clean vocals very well, and the atmosphere is truly magical. If you already haven't listened to these guys, you must give them a shot.

Top
 Profile  
Urfaust147
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:45 am
Posts: 11
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:38 pm 
 

Zeating, I'm totally seconding Ulver. Bergtatt contains a fair amount of clean singing. Great album. And if you don't mind some pagan metal thrown in, listen to Falkenbach. And I'd like to recommend Code and Besatt, especially Code. Both albums.

And Erlking, I think MasseMord and Mordhell should be right up your alley. If you like it, check out Infernal War, especially Terrorfront. I mentioned the band in the NSBM thread. They're great. Pounding black metal mixed up with a little bit of thrash, and lots of riffs.


Last edited by Urfaust147 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
inhumanist
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 5635
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:56 pm 
 

Damn... if I keep recommending Ván bands people will start asking questions :oh shit:
Anyways:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPoBUvqXsFM
_________________
Under_Starmere wrote:
iHumanism: Philosophy phoned in.
Metantoine wrote:
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Top
 Profile  
The_Erlking
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:56 am
Posts: 1404
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:18 am 
 

Urfaust147 wrote:
And Erlking, I think MasseMord and Mordhell should be right up your alley. If you like it, check out Infernal War, especially Terrorfront. I mentioned the band in the NSBM thread. They're great. Pounding black metal mixed up with a little bit of thrash, and lots of riffs.


Thanks! I'll check 'em.
_________________
Napero wrote:
I'd love to blast a bit of Voivod and make a better-looking gun turret to glue on the tortoise's shell to make it look like Killing Technology, but the wife won't let me. I think I'll get an Emperor penguin instead.

Top
 Profile  
Malthus
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:32 pm
Posts: 740
Location: Switzerland
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:47 am 
 

Zeating wrote:
I've been looking for black metal with clean vocals for a long time now. Stuff I really like are Isengard and Urfaust, also this Gorgoroth song in particular:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nf_zOPMQYQ

Anything else in the same vein of these?


Myrkraverk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpWVZW4b-nI

Myling http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPmHBhEGv2s

Mirkhall http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hvcLG7sQU4

*edit, 1 more "M" band that might fit your criteria...

Mare http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSUzgrjTuF4

Top
 Profile  
Blooded_Shore
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:18 am
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:32 am 
 

Hi everybody, I'm looking for black metal in the vein of Morrigan's Headcult album. Oh, and somebody write some reviews, the 70% average is a pain in the ass, just saying... :-P

Whatever, any suggestions?

Top
 Profile  
BBEdrummerAK
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:05 pm
Posts: 94
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:46 am 
 

inhumanist wrote:
Damn... if I keep recommending Ván bands people will start asking questions :oh shit:
Anyways:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPoBUvqXsFM

Dude, I don't think theres a bad band that comes from that label. I was digging that song for sure!!

Top
 Profile  
Eli_the_Destroyer
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:37 pm
Posts: 202
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:08 am 
 

Blooded_Shore wrote:
Hi everybody, I'm looking for black metal in the vein of Morrigan's Headcult album. Oh, and somebody write some reviews, the 70% average is a pain in the ass, just saying... :-P

Whatever, any suggestions?

One of my favorite albums! Have you heard Mayhemic Truth by chance?

Top
 Profile  
Blooded_Shore
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:18 am
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:04 am 
 

Eli_the_Destroyer wrote:
One of my favorite albums! Have you heard Mayhemic Truth by chance?

Good stuff. Production sucks, kind of, but still... thanks, mate.

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
Big Beautiful Famgot

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 11772
Location: Montréal
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:59 pm 
 

Just discovered Thesyre and it's fucking awesome. Very cool black/thrash from Québec.

All the disco is free on their website: http://www.thesyre.com/disco.html
you can still buy them, of course.
_________________
CHAIRTHROWER wrote:
Metantoine, what does "fam" stand for, "familiar"? Like a witch's familiar?!...Have you been playing d & D again?...

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Halberd

Top
 Profile  
VulgarDisplayofKVLT
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:13 pm
Posts: 19
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:16 pm 
 

Looking for Black Metal similar to:

False
Barghest
Ashborer
The Howling Wind

production value is no matter, don't care where they come from.
just none of that hipster-metal shit that seems to get all the kids' scarfs wet these days.

all recommendations are appreciated, thanks!

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
Big Beautiful Famgot

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 11772
Location: Montréal
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:18 pm 
 

I only know Ash Borer in these, but do you know Bone Awl?
_________________
CHAIRTHROWER wrote:
Metantoine, what does "fam" stand for, "familiar"? Like a witch's familiar?!...Have you been playing d & D again?...

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Halberd

Top
 Profile  
VulgarDisplayofKVLT
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:13 pm
Posts: 19
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:22 pm 
 

Just listened to 'These Days are Marked' by Bone Awl,

some of the filthiest black metal i've ever heard, but do you know of anything slightly more riffy, not black-thrash, but you know, the good shit.

Top
 Profile  
BPA
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:02 am
Posts: 184
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:28 am 
 

The_Erlking wrote:
The_Erlking wrote:
Looking for some good and riffy eastern block black metal. Something that is closer to Grand Belial's key or Mortuary Drape than Drukh or Burzum. So no overly dissonant, atmospheric stuff but something meaty and pounding. I already know some of the biggest names you are probably thinking right now like ROOT, Master's Hammer, Maniac Butcher, Törr and Tormentor. Christ Agony comes to my mind too although I'm not yet sure how much I like them.


I just found out HOLY DEATH from Poland by myself. This is exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for!


My rec might be leaning too far towards black/death metal, but the early Avenger (Cze) material, such as their Fall of Devotion album, mix black metal elements with old school riffing and melodies. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx-qFtWGMgk

Top
 Profile  
colin040
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:00 pm
Posts: 5656
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:32 am 
 

Looking for black/heavy metal hybrids similiar to demonaz and I. You know, stuff that doesn't rely on atmosphere but just plain and simple rocks with energetic riffs and catchy, fun songwriting.


Last edited by colin040 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
FaultyClockwork
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:33 am
Posts: 106
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:26 pm 
 

This is more of a black 'n' roll deal, but Whiskey Ritual is kinda fun.

Top
 Profile  
~Guest 226319
President Satan

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:41 am
Posts: 6572
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:38 pm 
 

I propose that from now on, black metal bands with punk or crust influence not be referred to as "black'n'roll". Only black metal bands with rock influence shall be called such.

Top
 Profile  
Eli_the_Destroyer
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:37 pm
Posts: 202
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:44 am 
 

colin040 wrote:
Looking for black/heavy metal hybrids similiar to demonaz and I. You know, stuff that doesn't rely on atmosphere but just plain and simple rocks with energetic riffs and catchy, fun songwriting.

You might enjoy the Heavy Fvckn Black ablum, by Hellward, from China.

Top
 Profile  
Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:41 pm
Posts: 8011
Location: Lifeless shadows
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:56 am 
 

John_Sunlight wrote:
I propose that from now on, black metal bands with punk or crust influence not be referred to as "black'n'roll". Only black metal bands with rock influence shall be called such.

Yeah, why is all groovy, sloppy extreme metal with punk influence or AC/DC chord progressions called n'roll.
_________________
"A glimpse of light is all that it takes to illuminate the darkness."
Guitarist/vocalist in Illusions Dead - death/black metal
Vocalist in Gloaming - vile, crawling death/doom metal

Top
 Profile  
Voldta Den Hvite Mann
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:59 pm
Posts: 6
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:38 am 
 

I've been getting really into bands like Strongblood (Beaten Paths of Youth) and Sump (Split with Sexdrome). Any recommendations along these lines?

Also, I'm always on the lookout for good DSBM like Strid, Nyktalgia, Forgotten Woods, and, of course, BURZUM(!).

On that note, has anyone heard the new Burzum albums "Fallen" and "Umskiptar?"

Top
 Profile  
Eli_the_Destroyer
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:37 pm
Posts: 202
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:30 am 
 

Voldta Den Hvite Mann wrote:
I've been getting really into bands like Strongblood (Beaten Paths of Youth) and Sump (Split with Sexdrome). Any recommendations along these lines?

Also, I'm always on the lookout for good DSBM like Strid, Nyktalgia, Forgotten Woods, and, of course, BURZUM(!).

On that note, has anyone heard the new Burzum albums "Fallen" and "Umskiptar?"

Fallen was ok, i thought it had a bit too much clean vocals, and Umskiptar I personally found very boring but that could just be me, anyone else?

Top
 Profile  
Eli_the_Destroyer
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:37 pm
Posts: 202
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:31 am 
 

colin040 wrote:
Looking for black/heavy metal hybrids similiar to demonaz and I. You know, stuff that doesn't rely on atmosphere but just plain and simple rocks with energetic riffs and catchy, fun songwriting.

Also, you might enjoy Devil Lee Rot.

Top
 Profile  
STORMM
Veteran

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:27 am
Posts: 3411
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:31 am 
 

colin040 wrote:
Looking for black/heavy metal hybrids similiar to demonaz and I. You know, stuff that doesn't rely on atmosphere but just plain and simple rocks with energetic riffs and catchy, fun songwriting.


Vreid might fit the bill here Colin, epecially there later albums though prob not as epic sounding as Demonaz and I, worth a listen.

Top
 Profile  
Voldta Den Hvite Mann
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:59 pm
Posts: 6
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:02 pm 
 

Salvation's house of the beating hell EP is a prime example of "modern" black metal being released by record labels like Youth Attack!. it kinda reminds of Moonblood, in a way. you can definitely hear the punk/hc influence (probably why it is not in the archives) but I still think it is a great release. I've been checking out their back-catalog recently. updates later..

Top
 Profile  
Dooders
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:00 am
Posts: 728
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:10 pm 
 

Looking for a mix of black with an easy tell of influence of Trad. or NWOBHM and dirty production. Stuff like Horna's Sotahuuto would be great too as well as Bathor's S/t with songs like Necromansy, but no black thrash please. Looking for an old-school sound. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73-JOhwcL2Q

Top
 Profile  
Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:41 pm
Posts: 8011
Location: Lifeless shadows
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:17 am 
 

Dooders wrote:
Looking for a mix of black with an easy tell of influence of Trad. or NWOBHM and dirty production. Stuff like Horna's Sotahuuto would be great too as well as Bathor's S/t with songs like Necromansy, but no black thrash please. Looking for an old-school sound. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73-JOhwcL2Q

Do you know Mordant?
_________________
"A glimpse of light is all that it takes to illuminate the darkness."
Guitarist/vocalist in Illusions Dead - death/black metal
Vocalist in Gloaming - vile, crawling death/doom metal

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Worse than the PMRC

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 9213
Location: St. Charles, Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:34 pm 
 

I, in another thread wrote:
I suppose there IS something special about [Asaru] now that I think about it. The band is all about darkness and evil and all the normal cliches, but musically I always found something empowering and uplifting. It's less "the world is full of shit and darkness" and more "we are strong enough to crush the weak and you, dear listener, are going to join us". I think it's the way they construct their melodies.


Now, I'm not necessarily a noob to black metal, but it's probably my least listened to genre, so keep in mind what may be obvious recommendations to you seasoned folks could be something I've never listened to. But really, I'd like more of this idea. The more vitriol the better, but as long as it retains the strong, pummeling nature that I seem to like so much. One way I've best heard this particular style of bm that I enjoy so much was (in regards to 1349 (one of the few other bm acts I consistently listen to)) is that they're less about the cold atmosphere and more about the fiery anger/aggression. Basically I'm looking for black metal bands/albums that are like Laila Ali. Dark, hot, and strong.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW: Everfrost - Winterider
The Outer RIM - Uatism: The dogs bark in street slang

Top
 Profile  
GhostInTheMachinery
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:30 am
Posts: 10
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:12 am 
 

What would you recommend me guys so I can start enjoying BM. So far I only like Burzum, Carpathian Forest and some Marduk, you can start throwing everything at me I mean different styles and shit ( I used to think all BM bands sounded the same) so I want to explore this genre which is still very unknown for me.

Top
 Profile  
Dooders
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:00 am
Posts: 728
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:33 am 
 

GhostInTheMachinery wrote:
What would you recommend me guys so I can start enjoying BM. So far I only like Burzum, Carpathian Forest and some Marduk, you can start throwing everything at me I mean different styles and shit ( I used to think all BM bands sounded the same) so I want to explore this genre which is still very unknown for me.


It never hurts to start here: http://rateyourmusic.com/board_message/ ... is_1191962
That is a list of the 100 top ranked BM albums of all time from the Metal-Archives (in 08' I think...) While it is all essential, there are lots of entry level black metal albums on there which would be great to start with. It also helps if you are more specific on what about those 3 bands you liked so we can point you in the right direction,but here are some bands to check out that are generally well liked.
Here are some links/bands to check out:
Immortal - http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Immortal/75
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNi7w3cvvmI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTaWwEeG ... re=related
1349 -http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/1349/5575 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j73Hlm3BgQ
Watain - http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Watain/5173 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdUHPeLuyA4
Drudkh (good band if you like Hvet and Filosofem era Burzum) - http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Drudkh/9344 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7PLhhb0Mls
Taake - http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Taake/370 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLK3NZlXWTM
Okay, those should be a great place to start. Check out all the albums those songs are on for those bands more accessible material/albums. Let me know if you need any more help and what ya think.

Top
 Profile  
GhostInTheMachinery
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:30 am
Posts: 10
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:41 am 
 

Thanks dude. I'm definitely going to check out that list but first things first.
I really liked that 'being in a cold forest' feeling 1349 gave me and Taake's Over Bjoergvin~ with all those riffs combined with the piano was just amazing. I also came across these two bands while watching some youtube videos Barathrum-Last Day in Hell and Anaal Nathrakh-More Fire than Blood I know these bands aren't completely Black but they're also what I'm looking for.
Thanks again.

Top
 Profile  
maksalaatikko
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:43 am
Posts: 15
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:12 am 
 

GhostInTheMachinery wrote:
What would you recommend me guys so I can start enjoying BM. So far I only like Burzum, Carpathian Forest and some Marduk, you can start throwing everything at me I mean different styles and shit ( I used to think all BM bands sounded the same) so I want to explore this genre which is still very unknown for me.


I'd recommend
Dødsengel - World of Uncreation
Behexen - Mouth of Leviathan
Ljå - Till Satan
Ragnarok - It's War

Top
 Profile  
Dooders
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:00 am
Posts: 728
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:23 am 
 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Dooders wrote:
Looking for a mix of black with an easy tell of influence of Trad. or NWOBHM and dirty production. Stuff like Horna's Sotahuuto would be great too as well as Bathor's S/t with songs like Necromansy, but no black thrash please. Looking for an old-school sound. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73-JOhwcL2Q

Do you know Mordant?

The man of many good recs Ilwhyan. Any others you can think of that are a bit more filthy production wise?

Top
 Profile  
Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:41 pm
Posts: 8011
Location: Lifeless shadows
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:40 am 
 

You're welcome. I'm afraid that style goes somewhat beyond my usual fare, I can't think of anything other than those "bestial" bands.
_________________
"A glimpse of light is all that it takes to illuminate the darkness."
Guitarist/vocalist in Illusions Dead - death/black metal
Vocalist in Gloaming - vile, crawling death/doom metal

Top
 Profile  
STORMM
Veteran

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:27 am
Posts: 3411
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:56 am 
 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Dooders wrote:
Looking for a mix of black with an easy tell of influence of Trad. or NWOBHM and dirty production. Stuff like Horna's Sotahuuto would be great too as well as Bathor's S/t with songs like Necromansy, but no black thrash please. Looking for an old-school sound. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73-JOhwcL2Q

Do you know Mordant?


You might find something is this thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=91504 . There is a black metal band often compared to Iron Maiden in the reviews that would be right up your street and I can not fucking remember their name whatsoever, I was hoping Ilwhyan would have posted them! :)

Top
 Profile  
Dooders
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:00 am
Posts: 728
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:21 pm 
 

STORMM wrote:
You might find something is this thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=91504 . There is a black metal band often compared to Iron Maiden in the reviews that would be right up your street and I can not fucking remember their name whatsoever, I was hoping Ilwhyan would have posted them! :)

I'm guessing you're thinking of Demontage or Master's Hammer? Either way, I am really digging both bands and thanks for pointing me to that thread.

Top
 Profile  
STORMM
Veteran

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:27 am
Posts: 3411
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:05 pm 
 

Dooders wrote:
STORMM wrote:
You might find something is this thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=91504 . There is a black metal band often compared to Iron Maiden in the reviews that would be right up your street and I can not fucking remember their name whatsoever, I was hoping Ilwhyan would have posted them! :)

I'm guessing you're thinking of Demontage or Master's Hammer? Either way, I am really digging both bands and thanks for pointing me to that thread.


No prob mate. No it was not those two bands, I am very familiar with them. This band was very underground and rarely mentioned? If I remember them I will drop you a pm.

Top
 Profile  
DeathspellDelta
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 241
Location: Switzerland
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:25 am 
 

any filthy, deranged and experimental black metal along the lines of Peste Noire?

Top
 Profile  
dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:16 pm
Posts: 2169
Location: Hotlanta, USA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:51 am 
 

Looking for stuff similar to Loss. Doesn't necessarily have to be as ambient or atmospheric or whatever in nature but this song from about 4:00 (and especially at 4:47) and onward is definitely the qualities I'm looking for.

http://loss.bandcamp.com/track/silent-a ... y-overcome
_________________
SPEWTILATOR - Play Fast // Smoke Grass
'Goathrower' and 'Inhale Awaits' EP's out on Boris Records!
'Ancient Rites of Getting Conjured' split CS w/ Coffin Dust out on Headsplit Rekords!
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 210  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group