Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:31 pm 

meowsophy wrote:
Might sound like an odd request but...black thrash with a production like rawish ambient black (ie say Black Cilice, as opposed to the crust/Hellhammer type production that is sometimes seen in this genre).

Hmm that's a tough one. I would be interested to hear of any bands like this to, not sure how it would be pulled off.

exemper wrote:
I'm looking for bands with a concept, costumes etc like Mephorash, Cult of Fire and Batushka

Imperial Triumphant

Gravetemplar
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:19 am 

Xenophon wrote:
exemper wrote:
I'm looking for bands with a concept, costumes etc like Mephorash, Cult of Fire and Batushka

Imperial Triumphant

Irkallian Oracle. They play black/death.

lord_kavi
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:36 pm 

Does it only sound creepy to me?
What do you think?
https://open.spotify.com/artist/53PeQRxhW1zAUW5xoAIjYH

Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:56 am 

lord_kavi wrote:
Does it only sound creepy to me?
What do you think?
https://open.spotify.com/artist/53PeQRxhW1zAUW5xoAIjYH

Is that your band?

Denpafighter978VGCP
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:42 am 

I am in need of new bands to check out. I’m looking for melodic black metal that has a sound similar to Vried or “Reinkaos” era Dissection that uses clean vocals as well as harsh vocals

What bands are like this?

thealtruist
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:31 am 

Need more stuff like Selbst, their new album is one of the best bm that I heard in recent years. A lesser amount of vocals would be much appreciated, and a more post-y sound too, ty.

Gravetemplar
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:26 am 

thealtruist wrote:
Need more stuff like Selbst, their new album is one of the best bm that I heard in recent years. A lesser amount of vocals would be much appreciated, and a more post-y sound too, ty.

Maybe Antlers?

https://ntlrs.bandcamp.com/album/beneath-below-behold

Steel_Jaw
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:20 pm 

I'm looking for avant-garde black metal in the vein of Abigor's 'Time is the Sulphur in the Veins of the Saint' and 'Fractal Possession'. The only band that I found that comes close to this is NEDXXX, which is a project by members of Abigor and Deathspell Omega. So it seems to me that the only people that can pull this unique style off are the guys in Abigor. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance :)

Morn Of Solace
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:11 am 

Steel_Jaw wrote:
I'm looking for avant-garde black metal in the vein of Abigor's 'Time is the Sulphur in the Veins of the Saint' and 'Fractal Possession'. The only band that I found that comes close to this is NEDXXX, which is a project by members of Abigor and Deathspell Omega. So it seems to me that the only people that can pull this unique style off are the guys in Abigor. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance :)

This is a really hard request, not many black metal musicians are even at their level of playing, let alone that deranged songwriting :lol:

The closest i've heard recently is Thy Darkened Shade's album Liber Lvcifer. It does not feel as cold and "mechanical" as the Abigor albums, but it does share the incredible technical skill, the frantic playing and the heavy use of dissonance

Steel_Jaw
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:45 pm 

Morn Of Solace wrote:
Steel_Jaw wrote:

This is a really hard request, not many black metal musicians are even at their level of playing, let alone that deranged songwriting :lol:

The closest i've heard recently is Thy Darkened Shade's album Liber Lvcifer. It does not feel as cold and "mechanical" as the Abigor albums, but it does share the incredible technical skill, the frantic playing and the heavy use of dissonance

Thanks for the reply :) I was already aware that not much black metal bands play at the level of Abigor. That album by Thy Darkened Shade was already on my radar, but haven't checked it out yet. Thanks for the recommendation, must check it out asap :)

sjal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:02 am 

Hello.
Sorry in advance if my request is too vague.
Could anyone recommend some vocal-oriented black metal albums with wide and unusual variety of clean + harsh vocals (the weirder - the better, but preferably without any electro-distortion and vocal samples)?
I've always wanted to find a black metal version of Void of Silence's debut:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcbSJDdvnBQ
It doesn't have to be ''slow and mid tempo only'', actually, a presence of both slow and fast parts on an album would be a plus.

HviteGuden
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:45 am 

sjal wrote:
vocal-oriented black metal albums with wide and unusual variety of clean + harsh vocals (the weirder - the better, but preferably without any electro-distortion and vocal samples)?

Dødsengel is exactly what you need. The 2nd and especially the 3rd full-length albums have it all.

Morn Of Solace
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:06 am 

sjal wrote:
Hello.
Sorry in advance if my request is too vague.
Could anyone recommend some vocal-oriented black metal albums with wide and unusual variety of clean + harsh vocals (the weirder - the better, but preferably without any electro-distortion and vocal samples)?
I've always wanted to find a black metal version of Void of Silence's debut:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcbSJDdvnBQ
It doesn't have to be ''slow and mid tempo only'', actually, a presence of both slow and fast parts on an album would be a plus.

I immediately tought of Dolorian's Voidwards, even if i wouln't call it vocal oriented: the cleans are often almost spoken, but it shares a lot in terms of atmosphere with early Void of Silence

sjal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:12 am 

HviteGuden, Morn Of Solace, thanks for the recommendations!

HviteGuden wrote:
Dødsengel is exactly what you need. The 2nd and especially the 3rd full-length albums have it all.

I've listened to the album "Imperator", and I have to say that the variety of vocals on this album is really spectacular! All the harsh vocals are excellent and all the clean vocals are so interesting and unusual!

As for the music, to me, it's more of a mid and fast tempo album with some slow parts.
I'm actually hoping to find quite an opposite: mostly slow tempo music with occasional fast parts that bring some variety of moods and make an album a bit less depressive (for me, at least).
On the other hand, the music is definitely not too complex / not too chaotic and there are many parts where the music is very repetitive, which is a big plus. I like all the non-metal elements as well. The slow sections with that specific sinister/ritualistic/psychedelic atmosphere are especially good. It's also very helpful that the album has a few moments of sadness and melancholy, -- so I'm sure I can get into it. And I'll check the album "Mirium Occultum" as well.

Morn Of Solace wrote:
I immediately tought of Dolorian's Voidwards, even if i wouln't call it vocal oriented: the cleans are often almost spoken, but it shares a lot in terms of atmosphere with early Void of Silence

Yes, the album "Voidwards" by Dolorian is the obligatory mention for this request. :)
The atmosphere and the unusual clean + harsh vocals on this album are exactly what I'm looking for.
The drums are a bit too intense and interesting, but it's just impossible for me to concentrate on any music-related details while listening to this album, and the rest of music (the guitars and non-metal elements) is quite repetitive so I tend to follow the vocals most of the time (it also helps me to find some direction in that psychedelic atmosphere).

Edit: I've checked a few ''Slow black metal'' requests on MA and found some songs/albums that are very good examples of repetitive black metal music and atmosphere/mood + some interesting vocals that I'm looking for.
https://youtu.be/smp3uOve0T8 - this one is especially good because it has some fast parts that make the music a bit less monotonous and depressing. Songs similar to this one, but with some strange/unusual clean vocals and with some variety of harsh vocals + some audible 'actual' words/lyrics in singing (the harsh vocals by themselves sound perfect though - they are just ''as weird as possible'') + and maybe with a little smoother tempo changes (transition from slow to very fast part and vice versa) will fit perfectly into this request.
Another great example (musically (there are almost no very fast parts overall, but there are many parts where the drums are quite intense, - and that's enough for me) + amazing atmosphere/mood and non-metal elements + I love the extreme vocals as well): https://youtu.be/n1X5hD1xe5k

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 213, 214, 215, 216, 217